Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1455

Thread: The Romance of the Condor Heroes 《神雕侠侣》 - Chen Xiao, Michelle Chen

Quote Originally Posted by sonny4T View Post

Who is Mei Chaofeng? I recognize the actress who played Yue Linshan in Xiao Ao JiangHu.
    A character in the novel- one of the disciples of East Heretic (Huang Laoshi), and therefore senior martial sister to Huang Rong, who is the husband of Guo Jing, who is the sworn brother of Zhou Botong, who is the junior of Wang Chongyang, the founder of Quanzhen Sect, who is the winner of a meet in Hua Shan and got the treasured manual Jiu Yin Zhen Jing...(out of breath)

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    A character in the novel- one of the disciples of East Heretic (Huang Laoshi), and therefore senior martial sister to Huang Rong, who is the husband of Guo Jing, who is the sworn brother of Zhou Botong, who is the junior of Wang Chongyang, the founder of Quanzhen Sect, who is the winner of a meet in Hua Shan and got the treasured manual Jiu Yin Zhen Jing...(out of breath)
    In the novel, Hyang YaoShi falls in love with her, but she married one of her sword brother. (I read the novel 20 years ago, so I could be wrong) They go an steal the manual and get kick out of the island. She is also the teacher of Yang Guo's father Yang Kang.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny4T View Post
    Watching the series in Mandarin is awesome even I don't understand a single word as the actors/actresses speak too fast. I can't even read the subtitles with Chinese characters. Why the hell they don't put pinyin either? I could've read along with the hearing and I could've understood a little. Fortunately there is English sub!

Who is Mei Chaofeng? I recognize the actress who played Yue Linshan in Xiao Ao JiangHu.
    i definitely cannot read chinese, lol. isnt mei chaofeng dead?

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted View Post
    She is. She died in Legend of the Condor Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by rennir View Post
    She is. She died in Legend of the Condor Heroes.
    then what is this about?

Mei Chaofeng will appear next week (Tuesday or Wednesday)....

then what is this about?
    That...is a good question. Sorry I didn't see the post. Maybe YZ is retconning the story?

FLASHBACKKKKKKKK!

the GJ and HR in this version are really good looking. HR in here is especially pretty and charismatic. i still think i prefer the 1983 couple with Bryan Leung and Susanna Au-yeung, but this couple comes in a really close second to me.

the GJ and HR in this version are really good looking. HR in here is especially pretty and charismatic. i still think i prefer the 1983 couple with Bryan Leung and Susanna Au-yeung, but this couple comes in a really close second to me.
    GJ in this version is good looking but didn't have heroic aura in his face, HR is bit too young and not really look like a smart & clever women (and she really have a big nostril )

For some reason I like this Guo Jing, lol I think his character is probably the only one with little changes. He looks like a dumb dumb most of the time. I like this actor too, I like him in Beauty world with Zhang Ting.

Quote Originally Posted by serdtje View Post
    GJ in this version is good looking but didn't have heroic aura in his face, HR is bit too young and not really look like a smart & clever women (and she really have a big nostril )
    HR looks young but her real age compared to her character age is quite accurate. wiki says she is 38 which means she is about 36 while filming.

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    For some reason I like this Guo Jing, lol I think his character is probably the only one with little changes. He looks like a dumb dumb most of the time. I like this actor too, I like him in Beauty world with Zhang Ting.
    OMG that was it. He looked so familiar but I couldn't place him. I knew he was in that old Twins films with Jimmy Lin and looked soooo much like Ma Jing Tao.

I think he looks way to young to be this YG's fathers age. They look more like brothers.

Oh MCF is coming back...yay! I am waiting for this. Anything that stops me having to stare at XLN any longer is great.

I have to hand it to this director, whatever his name is, he manage to make me dislike 4 characters I had previously really liked. XLN and Cheng Ying from ROCH, YY and YL from Swordsman. Good man, good job. He should take up DGSD next and make me dislike Mu Wanqing and Wang Yuyan.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Yup - already worm food by the time of Yang Guo. That is why we said it's a 'flashback'

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    OMG that was it. He looked so familiar but I couldn't place him. I knew he was in that old Twins films with Jimmy Lin and looked soooo much like Ma Jing Tao.

I think he looks way to young to be this YG's fathers age. They look more like brothers.

Oh MCF is coming back...yay! I am waiting for this. Anything that stops me having to stare at XLN any longer is great.

I have to hand it to this director, whatever his name is, he manage to make me dislike 4 characters I had previously really liked. XLN and Cheng Ying from ROCH, YY and YL from Swordsman. Good man, good job. He should take up DGSD next and make me dislike Mu Wanqing and Wang Yuyan.
    LOL yeah, he is actually handsome. I think that YZ is taking a new approach, my daughter is 15 and we look like sisters hehe. Guo Jing and Huang Rong got married at a young age, for them looking younger, from my own experience makes sense. I really like Lu Wang Shuang in this version. I have the same feeling as you towards XLN, her character is just not likable, the cuteness is awkward. I never liked Wang Yuyan character! Off topic- i hate her character even more in the new version, I know there is a new revise version, did JY really make her end up with MRF in the revise version? Or is it just the series made it like that?

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    LOL yeah, he is actually handsome. I think that YZ is taking a new approach, my daughter is 15 and we look like sisters hehe. Guo Jing and Huang Rong got married at a young age, for them looking younger, from my own experience makes sense. I really like Lu Wang Shuang in this version. I have the same feeling as you towards XLN, her character is just not likable, the cuteness is awkward. I never liked Wang Yuyan character! Off topic- i hate her character even more in the new version, I know there is a new revise version, did JY really make her end up with MRF in the revise version? Or is it just the series made it like that?
    Yeah, Jin Yong apparently didn't want to send the wrong message to boys that stalking is a-okay, so he made her go right back to her emotionally abusive cousin who ruthlessly murdered helpless women and close assoicates alike, and who also indirectly murdered her own mother. A stroke of genius, if you ask me.

I also don't really have much affection for Wang Yuyan's character, but she's the only one of Duan Yu's love interest who was consistent in his life, so I accept the pairing. Now that he doesn't even end up with her... What a huge waste of time!

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    Don't even joke about that. The last DGSD was already horrible enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWErD View Post
    Yeah, Jin Yong apparently didn't want to send the wrong message to boys that stalking is a-okay, so he made her go right back to her emotionally abusive cousin who ruthlessly murdered helpless women and close assoicates alike, and who also indirectly murdered her own mother. A stroke of genius, if you ask me.

I also don't really have much affection for Wang Yuyan's character, but she's the only one of Duan Yu's love interest who was consistent in his life, so I accept the pairing. Now that he doesn't even end up with her... What a huge waste of time!

Don't even joke about that. The last DGSD was already horrible enough.
    OMG, is this actually true? WYY ends up with MRF? If so i have to watch this version of DGSD. I simply hate Duan Yu's character, and just wishes he dies a horrible death.

this is DGSD 2013 correct?

OMG, is this actually true? WYY ends up with MRF? If so i have to watch this version of DGSD. I simply hate Duan Yu's character, and just wishes he dies a horrible death.

this is DGSD 2013 correct?
    Yes, that's the one. Going by the latest adaptions alone, I almost think there's a conspiracy to destroy any interest in any future Jin Yong adaptions for some reason. Either that or people actually think it's such a huge cash cow now that you can just half-*** it and make a profit.

thats so ridiculous. reminds me of LOCH 2006 where OYF straight up kills YK and HR had absolutely no part of it.

Yes, that's the one. Going by the latest adaptions alone, I almost think there's a conspiracy to destroy any interest in any future Jin Yong adaptions for some reason. Either that or people actually think it's such a huge cash cow now that you can just half-*** it and make a profit.
    It does seem that way. A conspiracy to ruin Chinese literature of old. Like that recent Monkey King movie with Donnie Yen. The monkey king was tricked into doing the Bull King's scheme and then gets punished anyway by Buddha, despite mostly being innocent. Instead of a morality tale about being arrogant it's about an innocent monkey being manipulated.

And of course Erlang being evil was pretty silly too.

Conspiracy or just a lot of people in the industry making poor choices with adapting old stories.

But on the topic, I do share the same feelings as some here about Lu Wushuang. She's my fav here.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 01-05-15 at 11:07 PM.

I have not watched the new DGSD...so WYY really didn't end up with DY. Then why are we wasting so much time with them and just not have him in love with MWQ instead?

I actually liked MWQ in the book and found WYY ok but I've been influenced by TV series to like WYY. As long as she's pretty I will like her.

thats so ridiculous. reminds me of LOCH 2006 where OYF straight up kills YK and HR had absolutely no part of it.
    LOCH 2008. Yes yes, it was stupid. When I was watching this version of ROCH I thought it was a follow on to the LOCH 2008 version so I was wondering why they don't tell YG the truth that his father was killed by OYF. It would have solved all of HR and YG's trust issue. Well, almost all of it.

I told my mum to watch this version too and she asked me if YG and XLN was sleeping together after they left the Tomb and still living in the mountains since they acted like they were married.

It did seem strange that they were so loving like a couple, even had the whole sequence of talking to other old couples to appreciate each other yet when she asked him if he ever saw her as his wife he was shocked. If you go acting like that with any girl then 'dump' her you really deserve to be hit.

Its such an anti climatic scene.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.