Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 135354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1455

Thread: The Romance of the Condor Heroes 《神雕侠侣》 - Chen Xiao, Michelle Chen

Quote Originally Posted by Bladebird View Post
    hey can someone please give me the link that shows when all the xiaolongnu's entrances? It was on this thread somewhere but I can't find it.

I've already said this a hundred times already, but I really, really love the way that this Guo Jing is portrayed. Humble but firm. Powerful but kind. Sentimental but passionately patriotic. This Guo Jing has such a strong presence on screen. Just about every scene he's in, he captures your attention and makes you really interested to see what he does next. And he looks so awesome when he angry. The way he just glares at Guo Fu and the way he yells at her when he found out what she did to Yang Guo...

Oh man, I'm not gay, but even my heart skipped a beat right there. Huang Rong sure knows how to pick her husband.

Anyways, speaking of Guo Fu, I see that she finally decided to discard the cutesy airhead act and show us her true colors. Welcome back, Miss Guo. You had me for a couple episodes, but now you've finally went back to the character that we all know and hate.

Not that happy that there's a flashback in episode 32, but the good stuff outweights the bad. This week was indeed really good.

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    Too bad they had to censor the slicing arm part, other than that, this weeks pacing was really good.
    I saw that scene in the trailer and it looked fake anyways. The screams more than made up for it. It started out a bit weak, but by the end, I really thought Chen Xiao lost his arm there. Hope this will mean that Yang Guo will be more serious from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWErD View Post
    I've already said this a hundred times already, but I really, really love the way that this Guo Jing is portrayed. Humble but firm. Powerful but kind. Sentimental but passionately patriotic. This Guo Jing has such a strong presence on screen. Just about every scene he's in, he captures your attention and makes you really interested to see what he does next. And he looks so awesome when he angry. The way he just glares at Guo Fu and the way he yells at her when he found out what she did to Yang Guo...

Oh man, I'm not gay, but even my heart skipped a beat right there. Huang Rong sure knows how to pick her husband.

Anyways, speaking of Guo Fu, I see that she finally decided to discard the cutesy airhead act and show us her true colors. Welcome back, Miss Guo. You had me for a couple episodes, but now you've finally went back to the character that we all know and hate.

Not that happy that there's a flashback in episode 32, but the good stuff outweights the bad. This week was indeed really good.

I saw that scene in the trailer and it looked fake anyways. The screams more than made up for it. It started out a bit weak, but by the end, I really thought Chen Xiao lost his arm there. Hope this will mean that Yang Guo will be more serious from now on.
    Dont you wish that HR wasnt around when GF chopped off YG's hand? Would be nice to see GJ kill a cold blooded animal like GF

Yelu Qi the future husband is in for a ride .....

Dugu Qiubai have a love story of his own? LOL

Isn't he one of the strongest, if not, the strongest character in the whole condor series? The scenes they created for him doesn't look like it. He looks very soft.

Quote Originally Posted by krabs View Post
    Yelu Qi the future husband is in for a ride .....
    He got fame and became beggar clan chief by marrying an animal. No pain no gain

Quote Originally Posted by vankenn View Post
    Dugu Qiubai have a love story of his own? LOL Isn't he one of the strongest, if not, the strongest character in the whole condor series? The scenes they created for him doesn't look like it. He looks very soft.
    his legacy was after meeting the mad condor that forcefeed human with snake gall bladder , eating it every day strengthens internal energy, fast strikes are powered by internal energy

Yeah I don't get why YZ has to give EVERY person with a name in the story a tragic love story. When they added to LMC's backstory it was kind of fresh and interesting. By the time they got to H7G and OYF's flashbacks, I was like "come on, really?". Now they've given DGQB one too, which really kind of wrecks the mystique of the character. One reason why DGQB was so cool was because he was so mysterious, and now they've turned him into a love-struck guy like every other guy in the show. It's *almost* on the level of Phantom Menace when they turned the Force into mitochondria instead of a mystical force that no-one really understands but has come to revere.

Wow.. I really didnt expect to see DGQB side story in the new ROCH 2014.. Did hit me hard! .. but my DGQB is an invincible mysterious character.. Ok.. i understand everyone has it own love story but DGQB love story.. is kina weak.. but still love this mysterious character! =)

Did replay the part a few times.. I really wish some producer look into making a DGQB serie/drama... But it has to be a good one =)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiropi View Post
    Did replay the part a few times.. I really wish some producer look into making a DGQB serie/drama... But it has to be a good one =)
    there is part 2 of the flashback

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/TBCQRV7.jpg')

Is that really part 2 of DGQB flashback? where did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiropi View Post
    Is that really part 2 of DGQB flashback? where did you get it?
    from 问世间 mv , the insert song
    2 version ... 1 male voice
    1 female voice ...

the screenshot was from female voice version sung by Viann Zhang (li mo chou)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBmXxH10Osw
    Last edited by krabs; 01-29-15 at 10:53 AM.

from 问世间 mv , the insert song
    1 female voice ...

Watching that video made me sick. For some reason, those Guo Fu scenes felt really... unfair, and undeserved. Dancing under a moonlight? Pfft! And Yelu Qi's smiles just break my heart. Poor fool doesn't even know what he's gotten himself into.

But nice catch, nevertheless. This series has some really nice music.

I kinda figured she faked her death, especially after Yang Guo made that certain comment after the end of the story, but I really didn't want to face the idea of more flashback. Dugu Qiubai is so talented and smart, except with human scheming and matters of the heart...

Hey, he's like Zhang Wuji!

Quote Originally Posted by blurry View Post
    Dont you wish that HR wasnt around when GF chopped off YG's hand? Would be nice to see GJ kill a cold blooded animal like GF
    Also, no. As much as I hate Guo Fu, I don't want Guo Jing to kill his daughter and become a kinslayer. He should just settle for cutting off her arm, imo.

Yang Guo in this series (2014) with one arm is terrible. You can clearly see that he is hiding his arm under his clothes. Terrible camera work. Anyone agree with me?

Also, no. As much as I hate Guo Fu, I don't want Guo Jing to kill his daughter and become a kinslayer. He should just settle for cutting off her arm, imo.
    GF losing her arm and become a nun...the new Red Serpent Deity might fit her the best. YLQ is better of marrying Guo Xiang and defend Xiangyang hand in hand

These last few episodes are okay, but nothing particularly great. It still feels like the producers don't entirely understand the original story so their attempts to make changes fall flat. In particular, the Mongol attack on Xiangyang when Guo Xiang was born was supposed to be brutal and the defenders held on by a string. In this rendition, it looked like a minor inconvenience at most. Even when the show stayed faithful to the original, it doesn't always work out. Here, I find that the show doesn't really know when and when not to express internal dialogue. For example, Xiaolongnu talks way too much when she found out she had been raped. Despite all this, I do like the dream sequence and I wish that the show did more with it.

In comparison with the 2006 adaptation, this one does some things better and some things worse. Generally, the writing in the older version is better while the direction and the music is better in this one. The Xiaolongnu chase sequence is illustrative: in this one, it looks very silly, but at least we get the sense that she could easily catch up to the monks at any time. In the older one, they're all on horseback - thereby ruining the scene. I'd say that these episodes are about equally good for both versions. The 1983 TVB version is far better than both though. It actually made changes that are arguably better than the book version.

I have one question though - does anyone think it made sense that the giant condor helped save Yang Guo's life? In the book and the other adaptations, Yang Guo had met it and built a rapport before his arm got cut off.

It's pretty annoying that they put in all that effort to change her character and it amounts to absolutely nothing in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by vankenn View Post
    Dugu Qiubai have a love story of his own? LOL

Isn't he one of the strongest, if not, the strongest character in the whole condor series? The scenes they created for him doesn't look like it. He looks very soft.
    Dugu Qiubai doesn't work as a flashback character. The scenes don't add anything interesting to his character nor do they say anything about the main story or characters.

1 female voice ...

Li Mochou was the one who sang the poem in the book so it's cool that Viann Zhang sings it here. Too bad it's nowhere nearly as good as Teresa Cheung's song. As a side note, the lyrics are based on a Song period poem; and that poem is likely a strong inspiration for this novel.

What is gall bladder?

Quote Originally Posted by nerine92 View Post
    What is gall bladder?
    the big black pearls he ate

http://baike.baidu.com/view/82531.htm

the big black pearls he ate

http://baike.baidu.com/view/82531.htm
    Don't try it at home kids!!