Page 9 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: The Romance of the Condor Heroes 《神雕侠侣》 - Chen Xiao, Michelle Chen

nice to hear there will be a new version of ROCH, i love this story.
    just curious about what surprises yu zheng will bring to this roch,
    since his swordsman 2013 presents a different story, colorful view (especially characters' outfit), really a brand new XAJH.

hmm, will this roch be as colorful as swordsman ?
    so that XLN wouldn't wear white-plain costumes, lol

Quote Originally Posted by tanteun View Post
    it's better use child actor rather than make the adult acts as a child (remember HXM's version?? ) unless the actor have a baby face or sumthing and can pull it off.
    Hahaha! I totally quote you on that.

I don't care who will be playing XLN. But shouldn't be Joe Chen Qiao En. She's too classy and too gorgeous to play in the love scenes with that dumbass who played Lin Pinzhi.

After warching too much yz crap, I think I might like the idea of yang rong as xln and not because I think she is pretty enough for xln but just considering that this is an yz production and that he probably changes a lot plotwise or better say character wise. And adding to that all the dramas she has been together with chen xiao without happy end, I would like to give then a nice happily ever after. And age wise, there is 6 years age which kinda suit the characters and yang rong still looks quite young.

Going by what happened in Swordsman 2013 by YZ, i would not be surprised if Golden Wheel Monk ends up a woman who falls in love with Yang Guo blah blah blah then ends up sacrificing his heart to save XLN with a confusing end scene which most people cannot fathom head or tails of......

Quote Originally Posted by Ryofu View Post
    Going by what happened in Swordsman 2013 by YZ, i would not be surprised if Golden Wheel Monk ends up a woman who falls in love with Yang Guo blah blah blah then ends up sacrificing his heart to save XLN with a confusing end scene which most people cannot fathom head or tails of......
    Kinda agree with your statement and not only that what if the development of XLN character or the on screen time is similar to RYY(swordsman 2013)... and tht will be omg! I really hope YZ will not ruin anymore of Jin Yong Novels.
    Last edited by lygclm; 05-27-13 at 11:03 AM.

Default YZ's new version of ROCH

I think it would be great that YZ create his version of ROCH, not for fans of Jin Yong's original novels but for the young people who don't know JY and who want to watch wuxia series.
    Unfortunately, choosing Chen Xiao to play YangGuo is a big mistake. In the New Swordsman, the actor just proved he's not capable of playing the lead role. He has no charisma and his acting is so flat so ordinary.
    To play Xiaolongnu, I see only one actress: Crystal Liu Yifei. She was awesome in ROCH-2006 despites of her young age. Today she would be the perfect XLN.
    I also want YZ to invite Chen QiaoEn to play Li Mochou, XLN's senior sister. Two gorgeous women for this new series.

I think Angelababy as XLN would potentially top off LYF...
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by sonny4T View Post
    I think it would be great that YZ create his version of ROCH, not for fans of Jin Yong's original novels but for the young people who don't know JY and who want to watch wuxia series.
    Yes, by making an idol drama...

I am happy they are making more wuxia since wuxia is like marvel and dc. I really want them to expand and become more popular n the usa. they really need to focus on cgi graphics. casting, script etc is easy. but to cater to a wider audience they gotta make better graphics, choreographed fights, make em look less cheesy. in swordsman alot of the sword fights weren't that impressive and cgi wasn't good as well. but it is still good but could be better since i see those types of graphics in power rangers or mask riders.

idol drama is cool, as long as the characters fit their roles and act good. remember back in lotch 08. people disliked the idea of hu ge as guo jing and ariel as huang rong. but the series turns out to be one of my favorite remakes up to date. only problem was the cgi graphics, but they were really rushed since having to stop production bc of hu ge etc.

i really would like to see creative cgi used for the dragon palms, 9 yin, sorrowful palm, condor etc. something hollywood cgi status, or even stephen chow. like in swordsman, dugu was like a rip off of the series horizontal moon blade or storm warriors. they have to be more creative with the way they portray these techniques.

I don't mind idol drama, just as long as they do not change the Wuxia feel. Keep true to the spirit of source material and do not go into the melodrama route. I want Wuxia to expand as well but for that to happen they need to make it not cheesy, have it accessible to all audience while delivering high production value. Story, character and pacing is important as well.

The way I see it now, they've got a long way to go...

Then again, western has a slight different taste in genre and entertainment, so Wuxia may not be all their cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny4T View Post
    Unfortunately, choosing Chen Xiao to play YangGuo is a big mistake. In the New Swordsman, the actor just proved he's not capable of playing the lead role. He has no charisma and his acting is so flat so ordinary.
    To play Xiaolongnu, I see only one actress: Crystal Liu Yifei. She was awesome in ROCH-2006 despites of her young age. Today she would be the perfect XLN.
    I also want YZ to invite Chen QiaoEn to play Li Mochou, XLN's senior sister. Two gorgeous women for this new series.
    If that's the case then I really wish he would just write his own scripts and not pollute Jin Yong's stuff. I mean, what's the point of using JY's ideas if you're going to completely disregard them in the first place?

Personally, I don't think Crystal is pretty enough to be XLN. Carmen and Idy were both perfect in those roles (and they could act). Angelbaby is pretty but she looks a bit plasticky and not sure about her acting. I wish they could find a non-idol actress for this role so we can see it fresh.

Chen QiaoEn as Li Mochou would be interesting. I actually thought she was cast well as Dong Fang Bu Bai because she looks a bit like a man. Then you could really play off the differences between the beautiful XLN and plain Li Mochou and we could see why she was always so bitter against XLN.

Quote Originally Posted by j2j2j2 View Post
    Chen QiaoEn as Li Mochou would be interesting. I actually thought she was cast well as Dong Fang Bu Bai because she looks a bit like a man. Then you could really play off the differences between the beautiful XLN and plain Li Mochou and we could see why she was always so bitter against XLN.
    Next thing you know, YZ gives everyone a heart attack by casting CQE as XLN. I have nothing against CQE...she's one of my most favorite actresses of her generation, but she's no XLN.

I feel like we shouldn't assume that JY is an outdated author young audiences don't enjoy. I think authentic JY works just as well with younger audiences and I can't imagine a YZ version doing it justice. Who says younger generations like cheesy melodrama? It seems to me like the younger generations is more likely to call them out for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    I feel like we shouldn't assume that JY is an outdated author young audiences don't enjoy. I think authentic JY works just as well with younger audiences and I can't imagine a YZ version doing it justice. Who says younger generations like cheesy melodrama? It seems to me like the younger generations is more likely to call them out for that.
    They keep ramming cheesy melodrama down younger audiences throat, to the point where most of them find it normal. And since it has become a trend, if their friends watch it, they watch it as well. Not to mention with their favorite idols it entice the younger generations to tune in so they can discuss with their friends how pretty their idols are and how awesome their acting is. Along with how sad the story is, despite it just being a cheesy melodrama to the older audiences who grew up with superior storytelling. Especially ones of Jin Yong.

If anything, I say these younger generations are actually missing out on the really good stuff. Growing up with YZ's work doesn't help either.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 06-03-13 at 04:53 PM.

Just read on baidu, bea hayden will play XLN, is it true?
    Who is she? Never heard her name before

Quote Originally Posted by yooong7 View Post
    Just read on baidu, bea hayden will play XLN, is it true?
    Who is she? Never heard her name before
    Really? I dunno who she is. A search on Google says that she's a popular model in Taiwan.

Looks to me that Yu Zheng is casting an unknown in the acting business. I dunno why people said XLN role doesn't require much acting because of her "coldness" and lack of emotions. To me, conveying subtlety in emotion requires really intense acting skill.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Oh my goodness, I hope that's not true. She was in the movie version of Guo Jing Ming's Tiny Times. The movie was hugely successful but she absolutely cannot act.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Oh my goodness, I hope that's not true. She was in the movie version of Guo Jing Ming's Tiny Times. The movie was hugely successful but she absolutely cannot act.
    Was she the artist? 郭碧婷?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://d.hiphotos.baidu.com/baike/c%3DbaikeA1%2C10%2C95/sign=3e76a3be3bf33a878a6d574baf377579/b8014a90f603738d42382cacb21bb051f9198618377accf2.j pg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://imgtuku.mingxing.com/upload/attach/2012/06/16744-b6xH87.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://imgtuku.mingxing.com/upload/attach/2012/06/16744-6fcGJq.jpg')

Is this her?

Was she the artist? 郭碧婷?

b8014a90f603738d42382cacb21bb051f9198618377accf2.jpg

In traditional attire:
    16744-6fcGJq.jpg
    (correct me if this isn't her, I'm not fluent in Chinese...)