Thread: 隋唐英雄 Heroes of the Sui and Tang Dynasties

Default 隋唐英雄 Heroes of the Sui and Tang Dynasties

I was trying to find this thread and there wasn't one that i could find. if there is, could someone please link me. I've been watching this series and was wondering if someone could explain to me the storyline- I'm a bit confused with all the superstitious characters and the character Hong Fu nu, and other things seem to puzzle me. I have been skipping episodes but if someone could please explain to me! thanks!

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Sui_Tang_Yan_Yi

You're watching the wrong version. You should be watching Cheng Lidong's new version instead. It's the superior one. I watched the first couple of eps to compare, and it's far DARKER and more twisted.

Fu Dalong is a much better twisted, lustful, tyrannical Emperor Yang of Sui than the guy that plays him in the OTHER version. He's even more chilling than Steve Ma as King Zhou.

This one has the superior cast. Yan Kuan, Wang Like, Bai Bing, etc.

The other one's got Dicky Cheung and Liu Xiaoqing, but she's way too old to be playing a SL*T. It's ridiculous. She's like 62.

Fu Dalong destroys Winston Chao in the role of Yang Guang. Also destroys Zhao Yi's portrayal of him in Xuan Yuan Jian: The Scar of the Sky. I mean, seriously ... what the hell is wrong with Fu Dalong? This guy is scary AF. And he's got women crawling all over him in every other scene. Way more believable than in the other version.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Sui_Tang_Ying_Xiong

THIS version will take far longer to get through ... the other one's a cool 62 eps, this one drags for 120 episodoes (the 60 episode count is WRONG). 120 eps ... unless you're Three Kingdoms, there's no way in hell you can a story for THAT long and not have it DRAG like hell.

Both versions have Hong Fu Nu (the D-Addicts cast list is incomplete ... this adaptation ALSO has Hong Fu Nu, Li Jing, and the rest of those guys). So does Xuanyuan Jian, BTW.

I don't know which one is more faithful to the epic novel (no clue), but Cheng Lidong's version is far better. Probably because he's the genius behind The Legend and the Hero (2007, 2009), Journey to the West (2010), AND All Men are Brothers (2011).

This may be his edgiest production yet.

Trailer for Romance of Sui and Tang (2013) (Cheng Lidong's adaptation)

Better than the one you've been watching? I should know. I watched both of them simultaneously until it was clear as day which one's superior. Then I dumped the other one. Both of them are quite racy (for Chinese television), but Cheng Lidong's has a DARK, edgy feel to it found only in Yu Zheng's "Beauty" series.
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 04-08-13 at 05:13 PM.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Yup. FAR superior cast. They're way cooler than the losers from the other version. Unless you like seeing Liu Xiaoqing pretend to be less than half her age.

The fact that the other version has gotten more attention disgusts me. Human stupidity again.

Superior music. The end theme alone is enough of a reason to choose this adaptation over the other one.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze