Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Yun Zhong Ge 《云中歌》 - Angelababy, Lu Yi, Chen Xiao, Du Chun, Yang Rong

Aah, I just finished watching Da Mo Yao. A lot better than how YZG was handled. But I'm curious...

- Which character in Da Mo Yao was Meng Jue's teacher/master? In YZG, he seemed to know Yun Ge's mother.

- Was Huo Guang ever in the TV version of Da Mo Yao? I don't think I saw him in it.

- They only showed 1 brother in Yun Zhong Ge, I think someone said she has 3?! So the brother shown in this series, was he the oldest brother?
    Check out my drama reviews on Drama for Gents. Also drop by my art shop for some cute designs!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
    - Which character in Da Mo Yao was Meng Jue's teacher/master? In YZG, he seemed to know Yun Ge's mother.
    It was Jiu Ye.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    It was Jiu Ye.
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?! I just rewatched his last scene in YZG, it really gives it a deeper meaning. But he called her Xin Cheng instead of Xin Yue. And his name changed as well. Is that part of the novel, too? Also, was it always called Meteor Sect. because in Da Mo Yao, it was called Shi Fang. Or was that a different thing?
    Check out my drama reviews on Drama for Gents. Also drop by my art shop for some cute designs!

Viki has just uploaded the episodes but the English translations are still in the process. I'm not sure if I want to watch it again and if I do, I'll probably stop after Liu Fu Ling dies, cause the rest of the story is just... the book was so much better but I guess they wanted Liu Xun to be the good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?! I just rewatched his last scene in YZG, it really gives it a deeper meaning. But he called her Xin Cheng instead of Xin Yue. And his name changed as well. Is that part of the novel, too? Also, was it always called Meteor Sect. because in Da Mo Yao, it was called Shi Fang. Or was that a different thing?
    TR had to change a lot of details as SARFT did not pass the original script as it involved real historical characters. So DMY had a lot of name changes so people unfamiliar with the original plot have trouble linking the story over the two generations. But YZG had many plot changes as well because it is YZ.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Quote Originally Posted by Dmm19 View Post
    @ Sakuya and @sonny4T

The purpose of Yun Ge's Third Brother in the novel is to give the readers through his narration a glimpse of what Yun Ge's family life was like - of particular interest is their parents who never appeared once in the book, unlike the drama version. Why their parents? I'm sure you all know by now they are the beloved OTP Jin Yu and Huo Qu Bing in the prequel Da Mo Yao and readers are just as fascinated with their lives many years later. Third Brother and everything about him is reminiscent of his father's allure, so in a way you can consider him as a sort of tribute character except with his own purpose and life. He is also very different from Yun Ge and despite the contrast in personalities, they are very close and watches over her time and time again. He doesn't appear or speak much but he makes a substantial impact every time he does. A character that is talked about very little compared to the main or other supporting characters, yet everyone wishes to know more about.

The fact that his purpose is being questioned by viewers only speaks of the series' inability to illustrate this character for what he actually brings. His purpose is honestly so much more than to just randomly appear and make things convenient for Yun Ge. I'm sure you guys have noticed the grunting comments earlier in the thread about the displeasure of how his character was executed in this drama adaptation. Third Brother portrayal here is just one of the many examples of how this series is so off the course from the novel. These are the reasons why.

@Sakuya I LOVED Sound of the Desert!! And I was also hoping Tangren picked up the rights to Yun Zhong Ge instead. I have not been disappointed with a single Tangren production so far, plus you can't go wrong with the same people who gave us Bu Bu Jing Xin, Sound of the Desert and more recently WuXin Monster Killer (which is also great in case you're looking for a good drama to follow). The style of Tangren would've also fit the mood and tone of this storyline much better than Yu Zheng's bright aesthetics, simple storyline with heavy emphasis on romance much to the sacrifice of other substantial elements and quality dialogue- type.
    There is no doubt in my mind they would've done a much better job than this piece of work here. Everything from directing, casting, cinematography and soundtrack- the differences between the productions belong to a league of its own.
    I totally agree with you. Actually third brother is my favorite character in YZG book. I remember him in the book surrounded by soldiers, but he's never caught. Correct me if i'm wrong guys. He had great martial art skill, though his student i forget her name who usually done the work, he mostly like to idle LOL.
    Last edited by 12blbl; 01-11-16 at 10:35 AM.

I'm still confused as to if she did end up with Meng Jue at the end or not. In the theme songs it shows a few scenes of them looking like they ended together in the end but the actual show doesn't show that ending. Darn cut scenes!!