'Great loss to local music industry': Tributes over death of singer Sita Chan

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/486x302/public/2013/04/17/sita_chan.jpg?itok=_db6U0Bi')

Pop star Sita Chan died in a car crash early yesterday, just three months after winning TVB's best new female singer award.
Chan, 26, was pulled unconscious from the wreckage of her Lexus which went out of control and crashed on a Yau Ma Tei flyover early yesterday. She was declared dead less than two hours later.
Police said the black sedan rammed a concrete barrier and hit a kerb before slamming into the central divider on Hoi Po Road shortly before 2.30 am.
It was only on Tuesday a photograph of the singer attending a private singing lesson in Tsim Sha Tsui was posted on her Facebook account. In January, Chan - also known as Chan Hei-yi - won best new female singer at the 2012 TVB Jade Solid Gold Best Ten music awards presentation.
"Her death is a great loss to the local music industry," TVB's deputy controller of external affairs Tsang Sing-ming said.
Her death is a great loss to the local music industry
TVB'S DEPUTY CONTROLLER OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS TSANG SING-MING
Hong Kong celebrities also took to social media on Wednesday to express grief and shock.
“This is really hard to believe…we will always remember your smile…RIP Sita,” said mode-turned-singer Shiga Lin Si-nga on her weibo account.
“The first time I heard you singing live I turned to your colleagues and said ‘this little girl is going to have a great future’. The last time I saw you I told you: 'work hard! Don’t give up'. Right now, all I can say is rest in peace,” said radio personality and DJ Bob Lam Shing-bun.
The front of her car was badly damaged and firefighters had to cut her from the wreckage.
"She suffered fractures to her ribs and had serious head injuries and was in a coma," a police investigator said.
Another officer said she was believed to have broken her neck. Chan was taken to Kwong Wah Hospital, where she was declared dead at 4.16am. An autopsy will be carried out. The investigator said the crash site was not a traffic black spot. Police are appealing for witnesses to contact officers on 2773 5281 or 2773 5388.
Chan was en route to her home in Kowloon West at the time.
Sun Entertainment Culture, with which she signed a contract in 2011, said its managing director Paco Wong and all the staff were shocked and saddened by the singer's death.
Last year, she released two albums Crazy Love and Let Me Find Love and had minor roles in the films Lan Kwai Fong 2 and Love in Time. She held her first concert in June. Yesterday, hundreds of fans left messages of condolences on her Facebook page.
Her parents, relatives and colleagues burned incense and offerings at the site of the crash.
Police figures show that 14 people died in 13 traffic accidents in the first two months of this year.
Link
http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/a...lled-car-crash

R.I.P