Thread: What was Gwok Jing's opinion of Kiu Fung after hearing about him from Hung 7 Gung?

Default What was Gwok Jing's opinion of Kiu Fung after hearing about him from Hung 7 Gung?

When they were trapped together on an uninhabited island after departing from Peach Blossom Island, North Beggar Hung 7 Gung told Gwok Jing and Wong Yung about the adventures of great Beggar's Union Chief Kiu Fung, who had lived a century before their time. What opinion did Gwok Jing form about Kiu Fung? Did he see Kiu Fung as a role model for himself?

Is the a hypothetical situation or did it happen.

If former then yes I can see a lot is KF in GJ. Especially the valuing the lives and welfare of the masses over his own.

If the latter a guess H7G glossed over how the beggar's guild exiled him, or how the Han Chinese hunted him like a dog despite his great deeds and noble character.

Wasnt DGSD written much later than LOCH?

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Wasnt DGSD written much later than LOCH?
    The third edition of LOCH includes a discussion among Hung 7 Gung, Gwok Jing, and Wong Yung about the history of the Beggar's Union, with an emphasis on the exploits of Kiu Fung.

oh wow, didn't know that characters from DGSD was mentioned. what about other characters like duan yu etc? what about other novels? are they all linked up in some way?

Quote Originally Posted by Wuxiakid View Post
    oh wow, didn't know that characters from DGSD was mentioned. what about other characters like duan yu etc? what about other novels? are they all linked up in some way?
    LOCH takes place around 100 years after DGSD.

I don't think Deun Yu was specifically mentioned by name in LOCH, but it is a historical fact that Dali emperor Deun Chi Hing (e.g. South Emperor) was the grandson of Deun Yu.

Though I don't remember what was said about Qiao Feng, what can anyone's opinion possibly be other than him being a mighty, heroic, and courageous man?

Default Edit :

I never read LOCH 2nd or 3rd edition. Does H7G say that Xiao Feng blast every warrior at Juxian Manor with Dragon Palms in the novel? Hmmmm... H7Q is exaggerating Dragon Palms
    Last edited by anurman; 01-11-14 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anurman View Post
    I never read DGSD 2nd or 3rd edition. Does H7G say that Xiao Feng blast every warrior at Juxian Manor with Dragon Palms? Hmmmm... H7Q is exaggerating Dragon Palms
    I don't think DGSD has a third edition. DGSD was published relatively late in Jin Yong's wuxia-writing career, and I think only the earlier novels got a third edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I don't think DGSD has a third edition. DGSD was published relatively late in Jin Yong's wuxia-writing career, and I think only the earlier novels got a third edition.
    I read somewhere in this forum about 3rd edition, where Xiao Feng and Xuzhu refine HL28Z to HL18Z.

Quote Originally Posted by anurman View Post
    I read somewhere in this forum about 3rd edition, where Xiao Feng and Xuzhu refine HL28Z to HL18Z.
    I think that was the *second* edition of DGSD, which was done at the same time as the third editions of the earlier stories such as LOCH. This wave of revisions was done during the 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I think that was the *second* edition of DGSD, which was done at the same time as the third editions of the earlier stories such as LOCH. This wave of revisions was done during the 2000s.
    All the stories have third editions. The first edition of DGSD had things like extra gore, a side-story of sorts about a rogue Shaolin monk, different origins for Duan Yu's skills, slightly different names etc.