View Poll Results: Who do you feel was the better supporting villainness?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mui Chiu Fung (LOCH)

5 71.43%
  • Lee Mok Sau (ROCH)

2 28.57%

Thread: Mui Chiu Fung or Lee Mok Sau (who do you think was the better supporting villainess)?

Default Mui Chiu Fung or Lee Mok Sau (who do you think was the better supporting villainess)?

Mui Chiu Fung and Lee Mok Sau fulfilled roughly analogous roles in LOCH and ROCH, but the two were very different characters in terms of motivations, personalities, and behavior patterns. In your opinion, which one was (overall) the better character?

Mei Chaofeng was definitely the one who got more sympathy - she was arguably more a victim of circumstance than anything. Even after the death of her husband she was always just an understanding hand away from turning back to the light. Li Mochou, on the other hand, made many many dark choices due to being consumed by hatred. Both murdered countless innocents, so it depend son what sort of character appeals to you. I personally prefer Mei Chaofeng, not so much because she was more tragic, but because her story was more closely interwoven with that of the protagonists (even more so in 3rd edition), while Li Mochou was mainly a side character whose main contribution to the plot was killing and poisoning certain people.

MCF
    Her desires were very simple, really. When CXF was alive she just wanted to be with him. After he died, her life goal was revenge. It just so happens that the most powerful MA skill available for her to practice required (or so she thought) killing random people (I don't think she obtained any pleasure from the actual act of killing).

With LMC, she was in this general hatred mode and took out her hatred on random people.

I actually liked LMC's scenes cos you knew something bad would happen when this crazy woman appeared. LMC surprised me towards the end with her motherly attitude towards baby Guo Xiang. It really makes me think was she really that bad to start off with? I really wished JY told us what on earth Lu Zhan Yuan did to her? Did he deceive her and then dump her or it just one-sided love all along? Anyhow, I think LMC is nuts but like most JY villians, she has a softer tragic side to her that reveals her humanity.

I sympathised with MCF as well but personally, I like LMC better! The new arc of the romance between HYS and MCF really disturbs me!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    The new arc of the romance between HYS and MCF really disturbs me!
    In my mind I just ignore the third edition

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I actually liked LMC's scenes cos you knew something bad would happen when this crazy woman appeared. LMC surprised me towards the end with her motherly attitude towards baby Guo Xiang. It really makes me think was she really that bad to start off with? I really wished JY told us what on earth Lu Zhan Yuan did to her? Did he deceive her and then dump her or it just one-sided love all along? Anyhow, I think LMC is nuts but like most JY villians, she has a softer tragic side to her that reveals her humanity.

I sympathised with MCF as well but personally, I like LMC better! The new arc of the romance between HYS and MCF really disturbs me!
    I always assumed he had a brief romance with her, left without telling her, and married someone else shortly afterwards.

Normal people would realize he broke up with you and move on, but I guess she felt wronged and decided to turn into a monster.