Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Swordsman (笑傲江湖小说)

Default Episode 23

The air was rather chilly that night. Linghu Chong, Linghu En and Dongfang Bubai arrived at a river. Linghu Chong rolled up his sleeves and the legs of his pants, and jump into the river. He stood silently in the water for a moment looking out for frogs.

Linghu En jumped excitingly, giving a round of applause to Linghu Chong. Brother is great!

Linghu Chong gave his sister a smile. Thats for sure! Whenever you were unhappy when you were little, all I needed to do is catch a live frog and roast it for you and you will start smiling again! he said assertively.

Dongfang Bubai folded her arms, gazing up at Linghu En with a faint smile. Who would have thought that the Five Deities Cults young chief is so childlike, she whispered.

Linghu En glanced over at Dongfang Bubai after hearing her remarks. Senior Martial Sister, please dont laugh at me. Sometimes I really wished that I was not Five Deities Cults young chief. I wished that I was still the ordinary village girl where I can spend more time with my family she expressed disappointingly.

Dongfang Bubai had the same thoughts a year ago when she and Linghu Chong drank wine together for the first time. She was amazed by Linghu Chongs devotion to his little martial sister. Right at that moment, all she wished that she was in his little martial sisters position, be just and ordinary girl and enjoy a simple love life. Heavens is certainly unfair at times, Dongfang Bubai uttered. Those who have fame and power just cant seem to obtain happiness. But short term happiness isnt really a good thing either. Look at Linghu Chong and his little martial sister. Their relationship was a short lived one. A short moment of glory does not last forever. The most important thing in life is protect yourself.

Linghu En turned her head and gazed at Linghu Chong as she let out a sigh. My brother is a good man. Unfortunately good people always end up dying earlier. All I wish for now is that he spends the rest of his days happily, she heaved a sigh.

Dongfang Bubai felt a deep sorrow swelling inside her upon hearing those words. She did not wish to see Linghu Chong die either. Ping Yizhi is just incompetent. I am certain that there is a way to cure Linghu Chongs injury. I will not let him die, she suddenly said angrily.

Linghu Chong who was busy trying to catch a live frog pulled his hands out from the water the moment he heard Dongfang Bubais words echoed through the dark. He looked towards her with his eyes filled with emotions.

Dongfang Bubai blushed the moment she noticed Linghu Chong gazing at her. Trying to hide emotions she turned around and walked away into the dark alone. As she was walking, she felt sudden sharp pains in her chest. She had aggravated her internal injury while she was venting out her frustration moments ago. She placed her left hand on her upper chest and staggered to the side.

Seeing Dongfang Bubai was in trouble, Linghu Chong rushed out from the water at once. Miss Dongfang! Are you alright? he ran towards her and held her from behind.

Dongfang Bubai gave a small gasp of pain. Iam alright

Linghu En grabbed Dongfang Bubais right hand and checked her pulse. Senior Martial Sister, how come your pulse is so weak? Dont tell me you were the one who transferred a massive amount of inner energy to brother? she raised her brows.

Dongfang Bubai pulled her hand away and stepped away. Dont ask anymore. Its nothing serious. I will recover in no time, she asserted.

Linghu Chong suddenly thought of something. EnEr, how come you knew about Miss Dongfang exhausted her inner energy to save me? he asked curiously.

Brother, do you remember the Song of Peace and Serenity? Linghu En asked with a grin.

Linghu Chong stared at his sister in disbelieve. So you were the granny in Luoyang City?

Linghu En chuckled and said, I didnt say that I was a granny. You were the one who called me granny.

Why did you disguise as an elderly granny to fool me? Pretend to be a senior master, and confused me? Linghu Chong retorted. How could you trick your own brother? If I had looked at you face to face, would I have called you a granny? It even goes all the way back to the city of Luoyang City. Even back then you intentionally tricked me, colluding with Lu Zhuweng that old ghost and asking him to call you auntie. He was already so old, and since you were his auntie, how can I not call you a granny?

Lu Zhuwengs Master calls my master martial uncle, then what should Lu Zhuweng address me as? Linghu En grinned.

Dongfang Bubai shook her head as she watched the two of them. Even if anyone does not know the two of you personally, from your behavior and actions they can be certain that the two of you truly siblings.

Thats for sure! I am certain that you, Little Martial Sister Yi Lin and Junior Martial Brother Yue did not have as much fun as we did when we were little, Linghu Chong mocked her jokingly.

Dongfang Bubai became completely silent. Linghu Chongs words hit her like an axe to chest. She quickly regained her senses and rebutted, Who said we did not have as much fun?

Linghu Chong then recalled how he saw his master killed Yue Lingfeng with a powerful strike and knock him off a hill. Oh no! I should not have mentioned Junior Martial Brothers nameif Miss Dongfang found out that master had killed him, the entire Huashan Sect is going to be in grave danger he murmured to himself. Miss Dongfang, I apologize for being rude just now. I am sorry he said with a courteous bow.

Dongfang Bubai was surprised with Linghu Chongs sudden change in in tone and manner. Did your injury become serious? Its so not like you to be so polite to me, she said teasingly.

Linghu En rested her arm on Linghu Chongs shoulder. Brother, Senior Martial Sister, its getting late. Why dont we find an inn and get some food and rest instead, she suggested.

Linghu Chong started yawning and said, Thats a great idea. Miss Dongfang and I are also injured. It would be best that we get some rest. He was hoping to avoid the subject on Yue Lingfeng and distract Dongfang Bubai with something else.

Dongfang Bubai smirked, You two are weird people for sure. Lets go!

It was already getting very late. The sky started pouring small drops of rain. Linghu Chong could not sleep that night. He sat at the roof top drinking wine by himself, pondering about many things.

Why are you drinking alone? a female voice asked.

Linghu Chong could recognize the voice. It was his sister, Linghu En. EnEr, come join brother for a drink! he said with a smile.

Linghu En gracefully leapt off from the ground and sat down next to her brother in a blink of an eye.

Does all members of the devil cult possess such great light skills? Linghu Chong asked smilingly. He was in fact very impressed with his sisters skills.

Linghu En looked at her brother with a disturbed expression on her face. What devil cult? she asked.

Linghu Chong handed a jar of wine to Linghu En. Forget about it. Lets not talk about good and evil, he replied.

Linghu En held the jar with her left hand and took in a big gulp of wine. Great wine! she expressed with a smile.

EnEr, do you remember when we were little, father use to secretly feed us with wine? Linghu Chong chuckled as he recalled about the past.

Linghu En laughed and said, Your face would be all red after a few sips. I remember the first time he got drunk and slept for hours.

Linghu Chong nodded, Father was worried that we might get bullied in drinking when we grew up. He wanted to train us while we were still little. That was how I developed a passion for wine too.

Linghu En returned the jar of wine to her brother. I miss father and mother so much She looked up into drizzling sky.

Tell me more about what youve been doing over the last decade, Linghu Chong continued. So you and Miss Dongfang were taken in as a disciple by the same master?

No. My master and senior martial sisters master was a couple. When my master took me in they had already separated. I got to know senior martial sister because her master would send her to bring us food and clothing very often, Linghu En said.

Linghu Chong was not really surprised with what he just heard. Dongfang Bubai had been very nice to him since their first encounter even though she appeared to be cold and fierce most of the time. He held the jar in his hands and took another gulp of wine as he reminisced Dongfang Bubai taking him to the physician for medical treatment. There was a huge smile on his face when he recalled how she almost hurt the physician and how they stole win from a store and got into trouble with the store workers. He certainly lots of fun that night.

Brother, why are you smiling to yourself? What are thinking? Share with me please Linghu En asked with a cheeky smile.

Linghu Chong nodded with a grin. Very well.

After finished listening Linghu Chong and Dongfang Bubais encounter, Linghu En shook her head and let out a sigh. Brother, you have such a wonderful girl in front of you but yet you dont know how to appreciate it. In the entire world, there are probably less than five people whom Senior Martial Sister cares for. You are probably one of them. Why are still troubling yourself with your little martial sister who has decided to go for another man? Dont you have any feeling for your Miss Dongfang?

Linghu Chong paused for a moment, pondering away to himself. Yes, I do feel comfortable whenever I am with her though she teases me very often. In fact, other than mother, she is the only one who is so nice to me he uttered. But.but we agreed up on the Repentance Cliff that we will never fall in love with each other

Linghu En shook her head annoyingly. In terms of swords skills youre probably pretty talented. But in terms of romance and woman, youre completely muddle headed. Your relationship with your little martial sister is what most people who call first love. You and your Miss Dongfang would be what people call true love. Why lose the will to live because of a woman who no longer loves you when there is another woman who cares so much for you? she explained. If she doesnt like you there is no way she would have exhausted so much inner energy and injured herself to save you.

Linghu Chong was rather impressed with his sisters apprehension of love. How do you know so much? he asked.

Linghu En stood up and placed her hands behind her back, smiling away. Granny may be living in a small shack with that old ghost Lu Zhuweng but granny does hear a lot of real life stories. Someone once said that love is like a meteor. If you dont reach out to catch it, you will miss it forever. Do you know how many men out there are dying to woo an elegant and high status girl like Miss Dongfang?

Linghu Chong took in a deep breath and gave it a good thought. He did not deny that he and Dongfang Bubai had this special bond. The feelings are definitely different when he is with Yue Lingshan. Maybe EnEr is right.maybe I should really forget about the past. As Grand Martial Uncle once told me to live life and use the sword like flowing water, do as one pleases and whatever one thinks is right

Just then, two elderly men walked past the area. Did Old Huangs son really go up to the Icy Mountain to get the snow wolf gallbladder yesterday? one of them asked.

The silly boy heard that snow wolf gallbladder is able to cure chest pain and internal injury of course he would do what it takes to cure his father, the other man responded.

Linghu Chong gazed at them as he listened to their conversation. Snow wolfs gallbladder is able to treat internal injury? Ms Dongfang exhausted her inner energy and sustained a serious internal injury he thought to himself.

Linghu En noticed the unusual expression on her brothers face. Brother, are you alright? she asked worriedly.

Yes. Everything is fine, he said softly.

Later, Linghu En was in her room trying to get some rest. Just as she was about to close her eyes, there was a knock on the door.

Junior Martial Sister! Are you there? Dongfang Bubai was calling from the outside.

Linghu En reluctantly got out from the bed and went over to open the door. Senior Martial Sister, its already so late. Why are you still awake? she asked tiredly.

Did you see your brother? Hes not in his room, Dongfang Bubai said worriedly.

Linghu Ens eyes and jaw became wide open. Brother isnt in his room? Where could he have gone?

An old man drinking wine at the corridor coughed and said, Miss, are you looking for the young man who was drinking with you on the roof top earlier?

Linghu En ran over to the old man and nodded his head. Uncle, did you see my brother?

He was asking me the location of the mountain. He said that his good friend sustained a serious injury and needs to consume the snow wolf gallbladder, the old man went on.

Dongfang Bubai was completely stunned. Where is the snow mountain?!! she grabbed the old man by the collar and asked fiercely.

The old man panicked and struggled to break himself free. Its on the eastern side of the city

Junior Martial Sister! You stay here and wait to see if Linghu Chong comes back. Im going up to the snow mountain to find him! Dongfang Bubai lets go off the old man and strode off in a flash.

As she was running through the dark street she became even more worried about Linghu Chong. Linghu Chong dont you know that its very dangerous up on the snow mountain! Please dont go up there! Youre not recovered from your injury! she murmured worriedly.

Up on the top of the snow mountain, Linghu Chong was busy fending off a pack of snow wolves. Because of his injury he could barely get his hands close to any of the snow wolves. The moment he reached his hand out to the closest snow wolf, it would leapt at him furiously.

Using his quick reflexes, he swung the wooden stick in his hand at the snow wolf and struck it on the head with whatever energy that he had left. After battling the eighth snow wolf, he was completely out of energy. Who would have expected Huashan Sects head disciple to die up here he uttered to himself. He finally dropped the wooden stick to the ground and waited for his death.

Just as three wolves leaped towards him, a suddenly gust of wind came from the side and knocked all three of it away from Linghu Chong. Dongfang Bubai came to his rescue in a nick of time. She hurriedly landed behind him and held him from behind.

What the hell are you doing here? Dont you know that its dangerous up here?! she asked furiously.

Linghu Chong slowly turned his head around to look at Dongfang Bubai. Snow wolf gallbladder is ableto treat your internal injury he whispered.

Dongfang Bubai looked at Linghu Chong with her eyes wide open. She was astonished by his words. He really came up here to get the snow wolf gallbladder to cure my injury? she thought to herself.

Another snow wolf roared viciously as it leapt towards them. Dongfang Bubai instantly swept her hand out and struck the snow wolf in the face forcefully.

Seeing that Linghu Chong could barely stand still, she placed her left arm around his waist and leapt off into the air, soaring away from the scene.

After descending from the snow mountain, Dongfang Bubai and Linghu Chong stopped by at a nearby woods to take a rest. After placing Linghu Chong down to a sitting position with his back against a tree, she pressed her arm against another tree to catch her breath.

You are really daring. How could you go and catch those snow wolves just like that? Dont you know that its dangerous up there? Arent you afraid that those snow wolves will bite you to death? she asked uneasily.

Linghu Chong smiled and replied, I was not thinking too much. I just want you to quickly recover from your injury. I onlyhope to drink wine and play music with you someday

Dongfang Bubai gazed at Linghu Chong shockingly. She could not believe that he was concerned about her. From the time she knew him till now, in his life there was only his little martial sister. Everyone else just did not seem to exist in his world.

You didnt have to do such a silly thing. I can heal my injury without anyones helpIve always been very independent, she responded coldly.

Linghu Chong took a deep breath and continued, Youve been very nice to me all this while

Dongfang Bubai immediately cut Linghu Chong off and said, Dont you misunderstand. I saved you again and again because I dont want Yi Lin to be sad. Though she admired Linghu Chong since the first time they met but she was still being cold towards him because she did not to hurt Yi Lins feelings.

There is nothing between me and Yi Lin Linghu Chong retorted.

She likes you, Dongfang Bubai continued.

Linghu Chong though extremely exhausted replied angrily, Its her own business that she likes me. Miss Dongfang, let me ask you this. How can a one sided relationship work? Do you really think that way?

Dongfang Bubai turned away and ignored him. She was trying very hard to contain her emotions by not showing any signs of affection towards him.

I didnt kill those wolvesjust to repay your kindness. I know that I wont be able to live any longer, hence I dont want to hide my feelings anymore Linghu Chong said softly.

Dongfang Bubai looked back at Linghu Chong without blinking at all. He had never been so emotional in front of me beforeHeavens, please tell me that this isnt trueplease tell me that he has not fallen for me.

Linghu Chong slowly pulled himself up from the ground. In fact, in my entire lifeother than my mother, youre the second nicest person to me. You even risked your own life and exhausted massive amount of inner energy to save my life he said with a smile. As I said earlier, I am a dying man. All I wish for right now is to spit out my feelings and say whatever that is in my mind.

Dongfang Bubai looked at Linghu Chong with her eyes wide open. She was completely lost for words for the first time. She was touched by Linghu Chongs appreciation towards her but was also afraid that Yi Lin would be hurt if she knew that Linghu Chong had fallen for her.

Im very sorry if you think that I misunderstood you, Linghu Chong added. Whatever it is, thank you for being so nice to me. I sincerely hope that you will have a speedy recovery. Please take good care of yourself

After finishing his words, he slowly limped his way back to the inn.

Dongfang Bubai remained in her position, clenching her fist tightly. She was in a complete dilemma. Pouring her thoughts about Linghu Chong now will certainly hurt Yi Lins feelings. But she knew very well that if she doesnt do it now, she may never have the chance to do it again. As Linghu Chong may not have very much time left to live.

Dongfang Bubai.Dongfang Bubai youve never been afraid of anything or anyonewhy are you now so afraid of sharing your feelings about this kidHe did step forward to stop his master from hurting you the last timetonight he even risked his own life to get the gallbladder to cure your injury Dongfang Bubai let out a loud sigh and ran up to Linghu Chong, grabbing him from behind.

Why must you be like this? she said softly. Ive been trying very hard to control myself She then paused for a moment and tried to compose herself. I dont want to have any relationship with youI dont want Yi Lin to be sad

Linghu Chong was completely shocked by Dongfang Bubais actions. He stood still and continued to hear her out. After being hugged by Dongfang Bubai from behind, he was quite certain that his feelings towards Dongfang Bubai was not one sided.

Ever since the day I met you, my heart seemed to have sunk into the deep lakeI cant seem to push it away neither could I jump out of itAll I think about is to lean on you Dongfang Bubai shed tears as she spoke. She was sad that she had to finally give in to her emotions and did something that will hurt Yi Lin.

The moment Yi Lins image flashed through her mind, she slowly took her hands off Linghu Chong and stepped away from him.

Linghu Chong was completely lost for words. He could feel the sincerity and deep sorrow in her voice. An immense joy and gratitude immediately filled his heart. He turned around gazing at Dongfang Bubai with his watery eyes. He was contented that there was finally a woman who really liked him for what he is.

Someone once told me that love cannot be forced, neither can it be demandedBut the moment I saw you, I just dont seem to be myself anymore Dongfang Bubai continued.

Linghu Chong rushed over to Dongfang Bubai and held her in his arms affectionately. He gently stroke the back of her head. There no need for anymore explanationits alright he whispered.

The petals from the tree started falling all over them as they embraced each other. It was one of those rare moments where Dongfang Bubai felt warmth and safe.

Suddenly, a loud voice called out for Linghu Chong from behind. ChongEr!

The two of them immediately stepped away from each other and looked towards the direction of the voice. It was Yue Buqun and Ning Zhongze. They had been hanging around the area looking all over for Linghu Chong.

Linghu Chong was happy to see them. He quickly ran up to them smilingly. Master! Master-Wife! How did you find this place?

Yue Buqun noticed Dongfang Bubai standing in the back. He glared at her angrily and said, Evil demoness, its you again!

Dongfang Bubai narrowed her eyes and returned a cold glare at Yue Buqun. Yue Buqun, let me warn you, if you keep calling me evil demoness it wont do you any good! she snarled. Just as she was about to make her move against Yue Buqun, she felt the sudden pain on her chest again.

Linghu Chong immediately ran up to Dongfang Bubai and held her by the arm. Are you alright? he asked worriedly.

Yue Buqun stepped forward and said loudly, ChongEr! Youre the eldest disciple of the Huashan Sect but yet youre colluding with devil cults followers! Do you know your mistake?!

Linghu Chong looked at Yue Buqun with anxiety. He knew that he master hated members of the devil cult and would stop at nothing to eliminate them. But now that even his own sister is associated with the devil cult, there was no way there he would do anything to hurt them unless they bring threat to the martial arts community.

Ive already checked around! This evil witch is the evil Five Deities Sects leader. She is also the devil sects leader, Dongfang Bubais martial sister. Even Dongfang Bubai has to show her respect, Yue Buqun stated.

Linghu Chong looked back at Dongfang Bubai in shock. Master thinks that Miss Dongfang is EnErwhats more shocking is that Miss Dongfang is actually the martial arts worlds most feared person Dongfang Bubai His mind completely went blank.

For the sake of the martial arts community I want you to kill her right away! Yue Buqun pulled his sword out from the sheath and tossed it to Linghu Chong.

Linghu Chong grabbed the handle of the sword with his right hand and kneeled at his master. Master, she is my savior. And she is heavily injured right now because of me. I gave her my word that I would never hurt her. If I kill right now wouldnt I become an ungrateful man? he said sorrowfully.

Yue Buqun responded furiously, Nonsense! You cant seem to differentiate between what is right and wrong! This evil demoness pulled up tricks at Luoyang City and also asked those devils from the martial arts world to treat your injury. She is obviously trying to deceive you! Is there such a thing as being grateful to members of the devil cult?!

Linghu Chong lowered his head and remained silent. He knew his master too well. There was nothing he could do to make him go back on his words.

Your Martial Uncle Liu is a painful example. How dare you still defy my order?! Youre truly treasonous! Yue Buqun screeched. He looked back at Dongfang Bubai coldy and continued, Are you going to kill her right now?!

Linghu Chong heaved a sigh and said, Disciple is unable to obey masters instructions.

Yue Buqun pursed his lips. Scoundrel! If you wont kill her, I will! He snatched the sword away from Linghu Chongs hands and kicked him on the chest, knocking him to the ground.

Dongfang Bubai immediately rushed over to Linghu Chong and helped him up. Linghu Chong! Are you alright?

Without thinking twice, Yue Buqun raised the sword and thrust it at Dongfang Bubais back.

Linghu Chong very quickly reached both his hand out and gripped the sword steel tightly. His hands started dripping blood. Master, I beg you to let her go

Yue Buqun was dumbstruck by Linghu Chongs actions. This way the first time Linghu Chong had gone his way out to defy him. You still have the guts to beg me?

Master, she is a very important friend of mine. I cant go against my conscience neither can I be a man of treason, Linghu Chong sighed.

Dongfang Bubai started to feel bad for putting Linghu Chong in a tough position. She only wished that there was something she could do to help him once more.
    If master insist on taking her life, then kill me firs! Linghu Chong took his hands off from the sword and got back up on his feet, with his arms wide open.

Yue Buqun pursed his lips and snarled, Very well. Since you insist on protecting her then Ill have no choice but to kill you first!

Who dares to hurt my brother?! Linghu Ens voice echoed into the area. A sudden strong gust of wind swept towards them.

Yue Buqun and Ning Zhongze covered their eyes with their hands.

Linghu En stood at the top of a tree glaring down at Yue Buqun. Yue Buqun, you stinky kid, if you dont wish to die I suggest that you scramble at once! she said coldly.

Yue Buqun pointed the sword into the air. Here comes another evil demoness! Im going to kill all of you today! he roared.

Before he could even take another step forward, Linghu En pushed her palm outward, casted a stream of energy at the sword and pulled it off Yue Buquns grip.

EnEr! Dont hurt my master Linghu Chong pleaded.

Linghu En clenched her fist and broke the sword that was still in the air into pieces. Yue Buqun, youre lucky that my brother is pleading me to spare your pitiful life. But if I ever see you again next time, I wont be nice anymore.

Ning Zhongze placed her hand onto Yue Buquns shoulder. Senior Martial Brother, let them go. ChongEr has been with our Huashan Sect since he was fifteen. We were the ones who raised him up. How can you have the heart to kill him? she sobbed. If you still insist to kill him, you will have to kill me first!

Linghu Chong shed tears after hearing his master-wifes words. He knew how much she had cared for him but he never expected him to go against his masters wish because of him.

Yue Buqun hummed angrily. Very wellLinghu Chong! I am not going to allow you to smear the honorable reputation of our Huashan Sect. From this day forth, youre no longer a disciple of the Huashan Sect! Our master disciple relationship ends here! He then turned around and stormed away angrily.

Master Linghu Chong tried to go after him.

Ning Zhongze raised her hand and stopped Linghu Chong right away. Chonger, that is the best I can do for youplease take good care of yourself, she sighed and went after her husband.

Linghu Chong looked at Ning Zhongze sorrowfully. He did not feel bad for going against his masters order because he really did not want to see Dongfang Bubai die. He was only sad for getting expelled from the Huashan Sect for defending a defenseless woman, a woman who meant so much to him. Feeling completely helpless, he triggered the energy streams inside him causing it to suddenly surge up. He stumbled to the back and then collapsed to the ground unconsciously.

Astounded, Dongfang Bubai ran forward and propped Linghu Chongs head in her arms, only to find that Linghu Chong had fell unconscious. Linghu Chong! Linghu Chong! she called out hysterically.

Linghu Chong spent the next few days in a coma. He would regain slight consciousness now and then, before slipping right back into the coma moments later. Sometimes, he felt as if someone was forcing water down his throat, while some other times, he felt a soft hand stroking him on the head. But he was just too weak to move a muscle in his arms or legs. In fact, he didnt even have any strength to open his eyes.

Two masked men clad in black robes accompanied Ping Yizhi into a room. All three of them got down on their knees and bowed at Dongfang Bubai. Subordinate pays respect to Chief.

Dongfang Bubai remained seated on a stool next to a bed, wiping off the sweat on Linghu Chongs forehead with a piece of silk handkerchief. Ping Yizhi, I am only going to ask you this for the last time. Do you have a way to cure Linghu Chongs injury? she asked in a chilling voice.

Ping Yizhi kept his head down. Subordinate is incompetent. Subordinate is unable to cure Young Master Linghu, he said disappointedly.

Since youre incompetent, it would serve no purpose to keep you alive anymore, Linghu En who was standing behind Dongfang Bubai glared at Ping Yizhi viciously, sending a cold chill into his spine.

Ping Yizhi knew very well that his time was up. He failed to accomplish his task of curing Linghu Chong and in turn ruined his own reputation. Even though Dongfang Bubai did not say a word, he knew what should be done to redeem his failure. It has been known up on the Dark Wood Cliff that those who fail in their tasks are punishable by death. Without wasting any more time, he raised both his hands and struck himself in the head forcefully. He spat out a mouthful of blood and then collapsed to the ground.

Under normal circumstances, Dongfang Bubai might have considered stopping Ping Yizhi from taking his own life and punish him in another way. But right at that moment, she was so worried about Linghu Chong that she completely ignored everyone else.

Linghu En looked towards the door and called out, Somebody come in here and take him away.

Dongfang Bubai gazed at Linghu Chong helplessly. Ever since she became the leader of the Divine Sun Moon Cult there has never been anything that could possibly hinder her in any way. This was the first time that she could do nothing to help Linghu Chong recover. Dongfang Bubai.Dongfang Bubaihow can you dominate the martial arts world when you cant even save the life of a man who means so much to youIf heavens can save Linghu Chongs life right now I would not mind forgoing dominating the martial arts worldI can even forego my position as the divine cults chief she murmured to herself. Linghu Chong, can you please wake upI beg of you

Linghu En patted Dongfang Bubai in the back. Senior Martial Sister, there might be another way to cure brothers injury, she said.

Dongfang Bubai immediately rushed up and looked Linghu En in eyes anxiously. Quickly tell me what other way can we use! she said loudly.

I remember my master once said that the Shaolin Sects Tendon-Altering Sutra is able to heal any form of internal injury. Perhaps we can go to Lingjiu peak and snatch the sutra from those bald headed hermits.

Tendon-Altering Sutra? Dongfang Bubai muttered. She then returned to the bed and took a closer look the unconscious Linghu Chong. She reached her hand out and gently stroke his forehead. Since there is no other way to cure Linghu Chong, theres no harm for me to make a trip to Lingjiu peak, she muttered to herself.

EnEr, get me a carriage, she said firmly.

Linghu En narrowed her eyes. Senior Martial Sister, its already so late now. Where do you want to go? she asked curiously.

Dongfang Bubai pursed her lips and said sternly, Just do as I say. Stop asking questions. This is an order.

Linghu En bowed with her hands cupped. Yes, Senior Martial Sister.

The sun was shining, the birds were chirping. An elderly looking monk stepped into one of the rooms of the monastery. His name was Fang Zheng. He was the head abbot of the Shaolin Monastery.

Young lady, mind if old monk asks what brings you to our humble monastery? Fang Zheng said with a smile.

Dongfang Bubai gave Fang Zheng a faint smile and replied, This young man lying on the bed there is Linghu Chong. He is suffering from a serious internal injury. I hope that abbot can heal his injury.

Fang Zheng grinned, Amituofo. Young lady is indeed compassionate. Mind to tell old monk your name?

Dongfang Bubai folded her arms and grinned at Fang Zheng without saying a word. Nobody in the martial arts world knows my real name. No matter how compassionate these monks are the moment they find out that Im the Chief of the Divine Sun Moon Cult they are sure to give me a hard time. Ive already depleted my inner energy so being impulsive now wouldnt be much of a help, she thought to herself.

From the way Dongfang Bubai carried herself, Fang Zheng could sense that she carried an air of authority. Her voice was voice full of authority and power. Even if young lady dont want so say it out, old monk can guess that young lady must be Divine Sun Moon Cults ex-leader, Ren Woxings daughter. The divine cults Holy Maiden, he said.

Dongfang Bubai folded her arms and replied codly, So what if I am the Holy Maiden?

Two weeks ago young lady claiming to be the Holy Maiden of the Divine Sun Moon Cult and a young man highly skilled in the Huashan Sects sword skills killed three of our people in Luoyang City. Coincidentally this young man whom you brought here with you is Linghu Chong, the head disciple of the Huashan Sect. So old monk is guessing that you must be the Holy Maiden, Fang Zheng explained.

Dongfang Bubai puckered her brow. That little brat must have caused some trouble in Luoyang City. But who is the young man that this old hermit is talking about? A thought suddenly flashed across her mind. Could the Huashan Sects highly skilled swordsman be little brother? What is he doing with that little brat? Isnt he supposed to be with his hypocrite master?

Seeing that Fang Zheng was waiting for an answer from her, Dongfang Bubai decided to focus on the task at hand first. If abbott is willing to cure Linghu Chong, I am willing sacrifice my life to compensate the loss of your people, she said.

Fang Zheng nodded and said, Old monk can cure Young Master Linghus injury but young lady must agree to old monks demand.

Dongfang Bubai folded her arms and replied, As long as abbott is willing to cure Linghu Chong, I will agree to any of your demands.

End of episode 23
    Last edited by Dongfang Xue; 06-11-14 at 04:30 AM.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Nice trick reversing the wolf scene. Like how you got into DFBB's head in the cave.
    Have you decided on how LHC is going to cure his injuries?

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Nice trick reversing the wolf scene. Like how you got into DFBB's head in the cave.
    Have you decided on how LHC is going to cure his injuries?
    Thanks Mandred! As for LHC curing hid injuries...I think i've got it worked out
    Last edited by Dongfang Xue; 06-10-14 at 10:04 PM.

Apologies, just realized I missed out the final parts of Episode 23. Anyways, here it is

Linghu Chong spent the next few days in a coma. He would regain slight consciousness now and then, before slipping right back into the coma moments later. Sometimes, he felt as if someone was forcing water down his throat, while some other times, he felt a soft hand stroking him on the head. But he was just too weak to move a muscle in his arms or legs. In fact, he didnt even have any strength to open his eyes.

Two masked men clad in black robes accompanied Ping Yizhi into a room. All three of them got down on their knees and bowed at Dongfang Bubai. Subordinate pays respect to Chief.

Dongfang Bubai remained seated on a stool next to a bed, wiping off the sweat on Linghu Chongs forehead with a piece of silk handkerchief. Ping Yizhi, I am only going to ask you this for the last time. Do you have a way to cure Linghu Chongs injury? she asked in a chilling voice.

Ping Yizhi kept his head down. Subordinate is incompetent. Subordinate is unable to cure Young Master Linghu, he said disappointedly.

Since youre incompetent, it would serve no purpose to keep you alive anymore, Linghu En who was standing behind Dongfang Bubai glared at Ping Yizhi viciously, sending a cold chill into his spine.

Ping Yizhi knew very well that his time was up. He failed to accomplish his task of curing Linghu Chong and in turn ruined his own reputation. Even though Dongfang Bubai did not say a word, he knew what should be done to redeem his failure. It has been known up on the Dark Wood Cliff that those who fail in their tasks are punishable by death. Without wasting any more time, he raised both his hands and struck himself in the head forcefully. He spat out a mouthful of blood and then collapsed to the ground.

Under normal circumstances, Dongfang Bubai might have considered stopping Ping Yizhi from taking his own life and punish him in another way. But right at that moment, she was so worried about Linghu Chong that she completely ignored everyone else.

Linghu En looked towards the door and called out, Somebody come in here and take him away.

Dongfang Bubai gazed at Linghu Chong helplessly. Ever since she became the leader of the Divine Sun Moon Cult there has never been anything that could possibly hinder her in any way. This was the first time that she could do nothing to help Linghu Chong recover. Dongfang Bubai.Dongfang Bubaihow can you dominate the martial arts world when you cant even save the life of a man who means so much to youIf heavens can save Linghu Chongs life right now I would not mind forgoing dominating the martial arts worldI can even forego my position as the divine cults chief she murmured to herself. Linghu Chong, can you please wake upI beg of you

Linghu En patted Dongfang Bubai in the back. Senior Martial Sister, there might be another way to cure brothers injury, she said.

Dongfang Bubai immediately rushed up and looked Linghu En in eyes anxiously. Quickly tell me what other way can we use! she said loudly.

I remember my master once said that the Shaolin Sects Tendon-Altering Sutra is able to heal any form of internal injury. Perhaps we can go to Lingjiu peak and snatch the sutra from those bald headed hermits.

Tendon-Altering Sutra? Dongfang Bubai muttered. She then returned to the bed and took a closer look the unconscious Linghu Chong. She reached her hand out and gently stroke his forehead. Since there is no other way to cure Linghu Chong, theres no harm for me to make a trip to Lingjiu peak, she muttered to herself.

EnEr, get me a carriage, she said firmly.

Linghu En narrowed her eyes. Senior Martial Sister, its already so late now. Where do you want to go? she asked curiously.

Dongfang Bubai pursed her lips and said sternly, Just do as I say. Stop asking questions. This is an order.

Linghu En bowed with her hands cupped. Yes, Senior Martial Sister.

The sun was shining, the birds were chirping. An elderly looking monk stepped into one of the rooms of the monastery. His name was Fang Zheng. He was the head abbot of the Shaolin Monastery.

Young lady, mind if old monk asks what brings you to our humble monastery? Fang Zheng said with a smile.

Dongfang Bubai gave Fang Zheng a faint smile and replied, This young man lying on the bed there is Linghu Chong. He is suffering from a serious internal injury. I hope that abbot can heal his injury.

Fang Zheng grinned, Amituofo. Young lady is indeed compassionate. Mind to tell old monk your name?

Dongfang Bubai folded her arms and grinned at Fang Zheng without saying a word. Nobody in the martial arts world knows my real name. No matter how compassionate these monks are the moment they find out that Im the Chief of the Divine Sun Moon Cult they are sure to give me a hard time. Ive already depleted my inner energy so being impulsive now wouldnt be much of a help, she thought to herself.

From the way Dongfang Bubai carried herself, Fang Zheng could sense that she carried an air of authority. Her voice was voice full of authority and power. Even if young lady dont want so say it out, old monk can guess that young lady must be Divine Sun Moon Cults ex-leader, Ren Woxings daughter. The divine cults Holy Maiden, he said.

Dongfang Bubai folded her arms and replied codly, So what if I am the Holy Maiden?

Two weeks ago young lady claiming to be the Holy Maiden of the Divine Sun Moon Cult and a young man highly skilled in the Huashan Sects sword skills killed three of our people in Luoyang City. Coincidentally this young man whom you brought here with you is Linghu Chong, the head disciple of the Huashan Sect. So old monk is guessing that you must be the Holy Maiden, Fang Zheng explained.

Dongfang Bubai puckered her brow. That little brat must have caused some trouble in Luoyang City. But who is the young man that this old hermit is talking about? A thought suddenly flashed across her mind. Could the Huashan Sects highly skilled swordsman be little brother? What is he doing with that little brat? Isnt he supposed to be with his hypocrite master?

Seeing that Fang Zheng was waiting for an answer from her, Dongfang Bubai decided to focus on the task at hand first. If abbott is willing to cure Linghu Chong, I am willing sacrifice my life to compensate the loss of your people, she said.

Fang Zheng nodded and said, Old monk can cure Young Master Linghus injury but young lady must agree to old monks demand.

Dongfang Bubai folded her arms and replied, As long as abbott is willing to cure Linghu Chong, I will agree to any of your demands.

End of episode 23

I just want to say welcome back and for continuing the story! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Avidfan View Post
    I just want to say welcome back and for continuing the story! ^^
    Thanks Avidfan! Been very busy

Thanks for the quick updates. I have to say that this is the most entertaining chapter

Thanks Dongfang Xue, for another exciting chapter! Can't wait to see what changes will comes next....

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Thanks Dongfang Xue, for another exciting chapter! Can't wait to see what changes will comes next....
    Thanks for stopping by szfong. I have already started working on the next chapter. Yes more changes in the upcoming chapter...i am slowly moving away from the drama / novel hope that the readers will enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Liljanger View Post
    Thanks for the quick updates. I have to say that this is the most entertaining chapter
    Thanks!

Hi Dongfang Xue,

In the following passage:
    Dongfang Bubai smiled and said, The two of you will go to Hengshan Sect and become nuns to make up for what you have done. While you are at Hengshan Sect you are to protect a little nun by the name of Yi Lin and make sure that no one bullies her.
    Here's an idea for a few future scenes:

Zhu Jian and Mei Jian can't do anything right, I THINK, BELIEVE and HOPE they somehow cause Yi Lin and themselves to be expelled from Hengshan in less than a month... something DFBB wanted Yi Lin to do, but she adamantly refused. They had given LHC the wrong medicine, gave him excessive alcohol, indirectly caused his blood letting, and helped him get expelled by constantly going against Huashan rules & hierarchy. DFBB & Yi Lin will be one happy family with Yi Lin. Seeing how happy the cheifs are, Zhu Jian and Mei Jian, will further try to erase their crimes, by not only protecting Yi Lin, but helping her act & dress sexy in-order to woo LHC, believing it is the chief's wish after overhearing one of DFBB & LHC's conversation. The two & Yi Lin, of course, doesn't know the two chiefs' intentions, which is the young chief trying to hook her martial love-stricken sister up w/ her brother.

Hi Dongfang Xue,

In the following passage:

Here's an idea for a few future scenes:

Zhu Jian and Mei Jian can't do anything right, I THINK, BELIEVE and HOPE they somehow cause Yi Lin and themselves to be expelled from Hengshan in less than a month... something DFBB wanted Yi Lin to do, but she adamantly refused. They had given LHC the wrong medicine, gave him excessive alcohol, indirectly caused his blood letting, and helped him get expelled by constantly going against Huashan rules & hierarchy. DFBB & Yi Lin will be one happy family with Yi Lin. Seeing how happy the cheifs are, Zhu Jian and Mei Jian, will further try to erase their crimes, by not only protecting Yi Lin, but helping her act & dress sexy in-order to woo LHC, believing it is the chief's wish after overhearing one of DFBB & LHC's conversation. The two & Yi Lin, of course, doesn't know the two chiefs' intentions, which is the young chief trying to hook her martial love-stricken sister up w/ her brother.
    Dude you are hilarious
    If anyone is interested in some of my other work. You can check them out here https://www.fanfiction.net/u/106973/

Can we have LHC sacrificing his life for DFBB in this story this time round? The LHC in the recent remake so deserve to die seriously. Well even RYY deserve a miserable death lol.

Here's a scene you can consider using.

RWX and YLF battles DFBB to the death on the black wood cliff. Since YLF was involved in the fight DFBB held back and only used minimal strength. During this time RWX makes use of the opportunity to ambush her. LHC arrived right on time and shield DFBB from a fatal blow. LHC threw up a mouthful of blood and fell off from the cliff afterward. DFBB went after him and catches him by the wrist just in time. The dying LHC looks up at DFBB and asked her, "I want you to tell me this, have you ever loved me?" DFBB shed tears as she watches him in pain. "LHC will always be in my heart." LHC smiles and responds, "That is enough... Thank you for tell me that I know that I hold a position in your heart...even if I have to die now I will die with no regrets he replies softly. He break's DFBB's grip and thrust his palm forward sending out a burst of energy which propelled her back to the top of the cliff. DFBB immediately ran back to the edge of the cliff as she watches LHC fall while uttering his last words to the woman he loved. "DFBB, I wish you eternal eternal happiness."

Next chapter is almost done. It should be up later tonight or tomorrow morning.

LHC won't die here but Yi Lin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dongfang Xue View Post

Looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by Dongfang Xue View Post

Darn. Yi Lin dies? I suppose Yi Lin wanted to leave and her master agreed, and the maive Yi Lin not knowing that medieval nunneries were like roach motels, you can enter but never leave while still alive...

Default Episode 24

After being in a coma for weeks, Linghu Chong finally regained conscious. He slowly rose from the bed feeling dizzy. His felt as though his entire body had been roasted by fire.

Two elderly monks entered the room moments later. One of them was Fang Zheng and the other monk walking beside him was his junior martial brother Fang Sheng.

Young Master Linghu is finally awake, Fang Sheng greeted him with a polite bow.

Abbottswhere am I? Linghu Chong slowly climbed out of the bed.

You are inside the Shaolin Temple. Old monks name is Fang Sheng and this is my Senior Martial Brother, Head Abbot Fang Zheng, Fang Sheng bowed, as he spoke.

Linghu Chong looked at the two monks shockingly. Im in the Shaolin Temple? Where is Miss Dongfang? How did I end up at the Shaolin Temple? he muttered.

Young Master Linghu, please sit down, Fang Zheng said reached out for Linghu Chongs arm and helped him out of the bed.

Linghu Chong bowed at Fang Sheng thanking him for his help as he slowly limped his way to a stool.

Fang Zheng gave Linghu Chong a bow and said, We heard that Young Master Linghu possess great sword skills.

Linghu Chong was still wondering what happened to Dongfang Bubai. Did Miss Dongfang and EnEr bring me here? Dont tell me Miss Dongfang wants me to become a monk and marry Yi Lin? he felt a wave of panic the more he thought about it.

The two monks noticed the worried look on Linghu Chongs face. Young Master Linghu, my senior martial brother is talking to you, Fang Sheng suddenly said loudly to get Linghu Chongs attention.

Linghu Chong was startled by the monks loud voice. He bowed at them apologetically. Great Masters, please forgive junior for being impolite. Mind if I ask you who brought me here? Was it two young ladies?

Fang Zheng narrowed his eyes gazing at Linghu Chong agitatedly. No wonder his master expelled him from Huashan. He is already in so much trouble but all he cares about is women.

Fang Sheng smiled and spoke again. Young Master, after you had your injuries, your healer had gone about the wrong way in curing you, leaving the many conflicting energy streams inside you that cannot be easily dissolved. Learning our schools Tendon-Altering Sutra will enable you to use your own internal strength to dissolve them gradually. If we use any external source of inner energy and force it upon young masters body, it would be like drinking poison to quench thirst and cause more suffering. For the last three weeks, old monk having using my own inner energy to extend your life. But after Ive infused my inner energy into your body, I have only added another heterogeneous energy stream inside you. If you try gathering your inner energy, youll see what I mean.

Linghu Chong took a deep breath and tried to generate his inner energy. He immediately felt waves of inner energy surging inside his lower stomach, clashing with each other, completely out of his control. His body began to tremble in pain as cold sweats streamed down his forehead.

The art of Tendon-Altering Sutra utilizes all the channels and passages of ones body and bonds the spirits of the five internal organs. Once the practitioner masters the sutra, power can be launched at any time, Fang Sheng explained. The sutra contains such immense power thus it has not been taught to anyone except the senior, outstanding and exceptional members of our own. If young master becomes an apprentice of my senior martial brother, he will most certainly teach you the arts of the sutra.

Great Master Abbot, I cant thank you enough to your great kindness. But I am a loafer who enjoys being carefree and drinking wine therefore it would be inappropriate for me to join the Shaolin Temple, Linghu Chong replied respectfully.

Young hero is probably still not aware that members of the righteous group are hunting all over for you, Fang Sheng handed a letter to Linghu Chong.

'As the Head Master of the Huashan Sect I hereby expel the defiant apprentice Linghu Chong from the Huashan School who has been disobedient and aligned himself with the devil cult. To prevent unrest in the martial arts community I request all friends of the righteous group to eliminate this evil demon with no mercy. was written on the letter.

Linghu Chong was able to tell that those were his master's handwriting. After how his master distrusted him, mistreated him and almost killed him for defending Dongfang Bubai, Linghu Chong did not take the contents of the letter badly.

Every headmaster of the righteous group must have received a similar letter from your master and have already informed all their members. As soon as you walk out of this door it will be like walking towards the doors of hell. All members of the righteous schools will consider you a fatal enemy. You really shouldnt have affiliated yourself with members of the evil cult, Fang Zheng said.

Linghu Chong started laughing. If junior rely on the Shaolin Sect for protection not only would I be able to learn the superior art to save my life. No one would dare to cause trouble for Great Master Fang Zhengs apprentice. But if a man cannot even stand on his own feet and has to rely upon another school for protection in shame, how can he be called a true man ever again? If the people of the so called righteous group want to kill me, so be it, he spoke assertively.

After finishing his word, he started to fell thirsty. All he wanted to do now was to drink a few dozens of strong wine. He was no even bothered to think about life, death, or martial art community matters anymore.

Fang Zheng hummed annoyingly, You and your lady friend killed three of our temples disciples weeks ago. Even if you refuse to become my disciple, you would still have to stay in our temple as a form of compensation.

Linghu Chong glared at Fang Zheng astonishingly. What? Me and my friend killed your temples disciples? Since when? he asked loudly.

Old monk examined their bodies. They were killed by the Huashan Sects renowned A Phoenix Comes With Grace sword technique. Old monk doubts it would be your master, Mister Yue who killed them as we have no disputes with the Huashan Sect, Fang Zheng said firmly.

Linghu Chongs anger started boiling inside him. He could still contain himself when his master accused him for embezzling the sword manual. But when Fang Zheng accused him of killing some monks he just could not control himself. Great Master Abbott, I have great respect for the Shaolin Sect but if you continue to accuse me of killing please dont blame me for being impolite! he shouted.

Fang Zheng smirked, If you can receive three strikes from old monks junior martial brother, well let you leave.

Linghu Chong sprang to the left, reached his hand out for a broom and got into position. Great Master Abbott, please. He knew that he would not stand a chance against a Shaolin Sect martial arts expert. But he would rather get killed than to be accused of killing.

Fang Sheng stepped forward and bowed at Linghu Chong. Young Master, please forgive old monk for being impolite.

After finishing his words, Fang Sheng darted towards Linghu Chong and threw a series of punches at him. Since Linghu Chong was already injured, he decided to only used very minimal inner strength to attack.

After dodging the first three punches thrown at him, Linghu Chong felt waves of inner energy surging inside his upper stomach, clashing with each other. Refusing to give in, he leapt forward and slashed Fang Sheng with the broom fiercely. Each and every slash was extremely fast and precise. Linghu Chong had subconsciously utilized a steam of inner energy transferred to him by Dongfang Bubai to launch the attacks.

Fang Sheng was forced to leap back. Linghu Chong immediately followed with another thrust, which Fang Sheng managed to block with his bare hand.

Linghu Chong still unwilling to give in though he was completely drained up, leaped into the air and subsequently dived down at Fang Sheng with the broom pointed at his head. It was one of the profound techniques of the Dugu Nine Swords.

The attack was so fast that Fang Sheng did not have enough time to react. By the time he looked up, the edge of the broom was only an inch away from his face.

A bead flew towards the broom in a flash, knocking it off Linghu Chongs grip. Drop the broom! Fang Zheng shouted, as his face turned pale.

By this time, Linghu Chong had completely ran out of energy. He returned to his feet and pointed the broom down to the ground to balance himself, gasping for air.

Old monk certainly did not think that Senior Master Feng Qingyang of the Huashan Sect had found a disciple for his brilliant sword arts. Our temple had once received great graciousness from senior master Feng many years ago. Out of respect and gratitude towards Senior Master Feng, old monk has decided to let the whole matter go, Fang Zheng said courteously.

Feeling awfully lightheaded, Linghu Chong took a deep breath to calm down. He lethargically bowed and said, Great master, I am sorry for being rude earlier but I have nothing to do with the deaths of your disciples.

The disciple of Senior Master Fengs Dugu Nine Swords cannot be a follower of evil. Young Master, you have great chivalry deep in your heart. You should not die an untimely death. But the internal injury you are suffering is extremely peculiar and cannot be cured with medicine or acupuncture. The only way for you to stay alive would have to be studying advanced internal energy methods, yourself. If you listen to an old monk, I suggest you become senior martial brothers disciple so that he can teach you the utmost supreme internal energy techniques of our Shaolin Sect. I am sure then, your internal injuries can be cured, Fang Sheng insisted.

Great Master, many thanks for your kindness. Unfortunately I have to go and look for a special friend and also my sister, Linghu Chong responded. He paused for a moment and then spoke again. Mind if I Great Master, if it was two young ladies who brought me here?

Fang Zheng paused and thought to himself for a moment. No. We found you at the entrance of our temple with no one else around.

Where did EnEr and Miss Dongfang go? Dont tell me that they are afraid that their background would bring me more trouble? Miss Dongfang should know by now I dont care if she is Dongfang Bubai, he thought to himself. Feeling disappointed, Linghu Chong lowered his head and walked out of the room.

Meanwhile inside a freezing chamber, a group of monks were sitting below a dais reciting some Buddhist scriptures.

Dongfang Bu Bai placed her right hand on her waist, staring at them annoyingly as she remained seated on the dais. She just wished that they would just keep quiet and leave her alone.

Just then, a butterfly flew into the chamber and started flying around Dongfang Bu Bai. Feeling even more agitated she casually swung her hand at the butterfly to chase it away. But somehow that did not work. The butterfly continued to fly around her repeatedly. With a flick of her wrist, she emitted a short burst of energy from her fingers at the butterfly and sent it crashing against a wall.

The entire chamber suddenly became completely silent. The monks dropped their jaws in astonishment.

A monk rose from his seat and bowed courteously. Young lady no killing please, he spoke.

Dongfang Bu Bai gave him a cold glare. She smiled coldly and said, The little insect was annoying me. I had to do something to stop it otherwise I might end up killing more than just the little insect.

The monk was shocked with Dongfang Bubais vicious ways. He closed his eyes, shook his head and recited a Buddhist verse.

Dongang Bubai lost her composure the moment she heard the verse. Ever since Fang Zheng confined her inside the freezing chamber, those monks have been reciting Buddhist scriptures to her none stop. Since she was being brought up by the devil cult and being a none Buddhist practitioner, naturally she found the monks actions extremely annoying.

Are you seeking for death?! she screamed angrily. In a flash, she rose from her seat, darted towards the monk and grabbed him by his throat.

The monk choked but did not make an attempt to fight back. Young lady, I know that youre feeling miserable. But losing your rage isnt going to make things any better. You came here because you wanted my master to save Young Master Linghu. My master believes that compassion is the principle of life. Hence he arrange for young lady to be here hoping to eradicate young ladys rage. Im certain that you would not do anything irrational without taking Young Master Linghus life and death into consideration, he explained to her.

Dongfang Bubais facial expression changed the moment she heard the monk mention Linghu Chongs safety. She was so angry that she had completely forgotten the reason she came here. Killing the monks in the chamber was as easy as killing a butterfly for her. But she could not bring herself to do anything that may threaten Linghu Chongs safety.

She slowly took her hands off the monks throat and swiftly returned to her seat. She gazed at the monk agitatedly and asked, What? You people really think that reciting Buddhist scriptures can change a persons behavior?

The monk nodded and said, Thats what my master taught us.

Dongfang Bubai smirked and responded coldy, Carry on then.

The monks once again started reciting the Buddhist scripture in unison.

Dongfang Bubai though still annoyed decided not to waste time trying to keep them quiet. Since she might be stuck here for a long period of time, she decided to use the opportunity to recuperate from her internal injury instead. With those thoughts in her mind, she closed her eyes and began to meditate.

After walking a long distance, Linghu Chong finally reached the bottom of Lingjiu peak. As he was walking he thought about many things. Such as what was he going to do now that he was no longer part of the Huashan Sect. He would certainly not join Dongfang Bubai or Linghu En and become part of the devil cult.

It would be more fun drinking wine and eating delicious chicken. Why even bother about martial arts world matters? Senior Qu and Martial Uncle Liu tired so hard to get out but failed. Now that I have the opportunity to make it, I might as well do what they couldnt. I should just get Miss Dongfang and EnEr to leave the devil cult and just roam the central plain with me, he said grin. But first I am going to need to find those two lasses and punish them for leaving in the temple all by myself.

He walked on and reached a straight broad road. He noticed a large crowd of people standing around a pavilion up ahead. From the color and design of their robes, he could tell that they were from the Songshan Sect.

What are these Songshan scoundrels up to this time? he thought to himself. Since being nosy and inquisitive is part of his nature,

After walking another one hundred feet closer, Linghu Chong finally saw him. An old man in black robe sat in the middle of the pavilion all by himself, drinking wine and eating chicken drumstick next to a small table.

A feeling of respect swelled up in Linghu Chongs heart. Surrounded by so many enemies the old man was still able to drink and eat in such a calm manner. He slowly walked forward and shouldered his way into the crowd. Everyone in the crowd stared at the old man in black robe with fixed eyes and no one paid the slightest attention to Linghu Chong.

Linghu Chong had no idea who the old man was, nor any clue why so the Songshan Sect disciples were going after him. Neither did he know if the old man was good or evil. He simply admired the heroic spirit the old man had put on display, by just simply drinking by himself alone with no one else even present.

Linghu Chong stepped into the pavilion and said loudly, Senior, dont you feel lonely drinking all by yourself? Let me be your accompany and drink with you. Walking straight to the small table, Linghu Chong gave the old man a bow with his hands cupped and then sat down by the table.

The old man turned his head and shot a side-glance toward Linghu Chong. He smiled faintly and said, Little kid, if you are not afraid of being chopped to death by these people here, go ahead and sit down.

Linghu Chong saw his kindly expression and felt at ease. He picked up the wine bottle and filled the cup in front of the old man before filling another cup for himself.

The old man fixed his eyes on Linghu Chong, observing him closely. He could not sense any killing aura or threat coming from Linghu Chong. Cheers! he suddenly shouted. He raised his cup and toasted.

Linghu Chong raised the cup and poured the wine down his throat. Good wine! he cheered.

The old man laughed heartily and then made funny faces. He looked like a child playing jokes. Excellent! Stinky little kid! You are bold indeed! You were not even worried if the wine contained poison!

Linghu Chong laughed back and said, I am a dying man. Doesnt make any difference to me whether the wine contains poison or not. Furthermore, the wine taste so good that I wont being poisoned to death.

The old man chuckled and said, I stole the win from Songshan Sect earlier. Its supposed to be some high grade wine given to them by the Taishan Sect.

Linghu Chong could not contain his laughter as he responded. Looks like its junior fortune to meet a fellow wine lover today.

Stinky kid! Get out of our way! We are here to bring this old thief back to Songshan! a man outside the pavilion shouted.

I am only drinking with senior. How did I become a hindrance for you? Linghu Chong replied with a grin. He filled his cup with more wine and then poured it into his mouth once again.

That little kid is the expelled apprentice of the Huashan Sect, Linghu Chong! someone suddenly shouted out loud.

Linghu Chong casted a quick glance towards the direction of the voice and noticed that it was Ding Mian, one of the Songshan Sects seniors.

Are you Martial Uncle Ding of the Songshan Sect? I have never met this senior before in my entire life. I came forward because I saw many of you surrounding a man who was all by himself. Arent you afraid to become the laughing stocks of all the heroes under Heaven taking on this senior, a single man, with the combined force the Songshan Sect heroes? Linghu Chong replied.

This stinky brat is very cunning. Dont waste your breath talking to him. Well just bring both their dead bodies back to Chief Alliance Zuo! another man shouted.

Since Linghu Chong had already been expelled by his master, he was not worried getting into a conflict with the Songshan Sect at all. Come and get me if you can! he snorted.

Seeing how Linghu Chong had come forward for him for no apparent reason in such a lunatic manner, the old man was taken by complete surprise. Hey little kid, why are you helping me? he asked in a whisper.

Upon seeing injustice, draw ones sword to lend a helping hand, Linghu Chong replied.

Wheres your sword then? old man asked.

Oh, I left my sword somewhere, Linghu Chong replied.

How are your skills in the sword art? Arent you from the Huashan School? Other than Old Feng there isnt anyone else who has exceptional sword skills, the old man said,

Senior knows Grand Martial Uncle Feng? Linghu Chong asked in amazement. Looking at the old mans appearance, his age was close to Feng Qingyang. So he assumed that they may have encountered each other in the past.

My sword skills are nothing exceptional compared to my Grand Martial Uncle Feng. Besides, I have very severe injuries and have lost all my internal strengths. That only makes the matter worse! Linghu Chong grinned.

Stinky kid, you are an oddball. But I like it. Fine, Ill go get a sword for you, the old man replied.

The moment he finished his word, he shot his hand out and casted a flash of energy at a sword cling to a mans grip. He pulled the sword off the mans hand and tossed it at Linghu Chong in a blink of an eye.
    Linghu Chongs admiration for the old man grew stronger. He held the sword in his hand and pointed it downwards, giving the old man a bow. Senior, possesses such superior martial arts skills. There is really no need for me to make a fool of myself, he said.

Suddenly, flashes of blade flickered as three swords shot toward the pavilion. Three Songshan Sect apprentices had launched their attacks.

Linghu Chong instantaneously leapt into the air to dodge the attacks. With a swift swing, he slashed the three Songshan Sect apprentices in the chests.

The three Songshan Sect apprentices dropped their swords and fell down to the ground.

Breaking Sword Stance! Excellent sword skills! the old man cheered. But the strength is too weak. Terrible inner strength!

Its not terrible inner strength. Theres no inner strength at all, Linghu Chong replied with a grin.

Ding Mian and the other Songshan Sect apprentices suddenly charged into the pavilion.

The old man pushed both his palms out, discharging a fierce gust of wind at them and sent him flying backwards.

Little kid, since you have no inner strength at all you better wait in here and watch me take care of these villains, the old said, as he leapt out of the pavilion.

Ding Mian and six other Songshan Sect disciples quickly returned to their feet and started attacking the old man in unison. Since the old man was no ordinary martial artist, they had to launch a powerful Songshan Sect sword formation.

The old man was able to parry every attack and subsequently slapped them in the face, one after another. Each time he knocked down an opponent he would giggle to himself. A martial art expert could tell that he was merely playing around with them and had no killing intentions.

Linghu Chong sat on the steps of the pavilion and took another gulp of wine as he watched the old man fight the Songshan Sect disciples. This seniors moves are very simple but yet each move is lightning fast. No wonder Grand Martial Uncle Feng once said that even a simple move can be deadly as long as you attack faster than your opponent.

The old man swiftly went behind Ding Mian and sent a kick to his solar plexus. Songshan Sects swords skills are nothing extraordinary after all. No wonder Zuo Lengchan can only dominate the Five Mountain Sword Sects and not the entire martial arts community, he chuckled.

Little kid! Did you enjoy the show? he asked. He was going to smile but restrained himself.

Linghu Chong nodded and replied, Seniors martial arts is indeed extraordinary. Junior bow in admiration!

The old man walked over to Linghu Chong and crouched in front of him. Feng Qingyang is your master? he asked excitedly.

Linghu Chong shook his head. My master is Yue Buqun.

The old man was rather surprised. That hypocrite sword is your master? How could he teach you the Dugu Nine Swords? Old Feng is the only one in Huashan Sect who knows the Dugu Nine Swords, he asked.

Initially Linghu Chong hesitated for a moment. But since the old man knew about his grand martial uncle and Dugu Nine Swords, he decided not to hide the truth from him. Actually, Grand Martial Uncle Feng spent a few months teaching me the Dugu Nine Swords while I was being confined at the Repentance Cliff.

That old man laughed heartily and then made faces like a child. Old Feng found a talented descendant except that your inner strength is terrible, he commented. He knitted his brow and continued, We are complete strangers, were you willing to offend your friends at Songshan Sect and come to save my life with no regard for your own safety?

I just happened to be at the place at the right time and was able to join forces with you, senior. I did not expect to come through this alive. I must have had incredible luck on my side. Senior possess such great martia arts skills, I would not dare say that I saved your life Linghu Chong replied.

Gu Santong never goes back on his own words! I said that you saved my life, then you did save my life, the old man concluded.

So this seniors name is Gu Santong, Linghu Chong muttered. He courteously bowed at the old man with his hands cupped. Junior pays respect to Senior Gu.

Drop the junior, senior, crap, will you? Thats really getting on my nerves. You can simply call me Brother Gu or Santong, Gu Santong said with a frown.

Linghu Chong dare not do so, Linghu Chong declined.

If it was not for you, little brother, I might have been chopped to death. My life is now yours. Today we will take an oath to be sworn brothers. In the future we will share fortune and bear difficult times together, the old man said with a smile.

Juniors martial arts are way below yours, Linghu Chong answered. I dont deserve to swear brotherhood with you.

The old man frowned. How could you reject my offer? Do you know that under the heavens youre the second person who gets the chance to be my sworn brother? The other person is that lass from Dark Wood Cliff. Wellshe isnt really my sworn brothermore like my sworn sister he grumbled.

Linghu Chong was shocked to hear that the old man had a sworn sibling who came from the Dark Wood Cliff. Senior is related to the devil cult as well? he asked in a soft voice.

What? You despise me because I am part of the devil cult? Youve saved my life, but my life is the least concern on my mind. If you despise me, we can dispute this over a fight, the old man exclaimed angrily. His friendly and funny facial expression had now become blazing anger.

Theres no need for a fight. If Brother Gu insists, of course Ill comply, Linghu Chong replied with smile. He thought to himself, Isnt my sister and Miss Dongfang from the devil cult? Might as well add Gu Santong to my list of friends. This man is free and easy and holds the characteristics of a true man. Ive always liked people with such behavior. At that thought, he bowed down and saluted the old, saying, Brother Gu, I salute you.

The old man smiled through his tears. Excellent! Now that weve become sworn brothers I will do whatever it takes to help you cure your injury. If you have terrible inner strength, Ill train you till you have first class inner strength. But first, let us go find a place to have a good meal and drink some great wine, he said.

Since both of them were the unconventional type, neither bothered about the over elaborate formalities. Once they called each other a sworn brother, then sworn brothers they were.
    Last edited by Dongfang Xue; 06-13-14 at 08:09 PM.

Thanks for another exciting episode... Can't wait to see how LHC gets healed & how he learned to drain others energy...

Hi Dongfang Xue,

I just noticed that you skipped a chapter, you forgot to post Episode 24...

Hi Dongfang Xue,

I just noticed that you skipped a chapter, you forgot to post Episode 24...
    Thanks for pointing it out Szfong! Typo error. the episode above is suppose to be 24