Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Swordsman (笑傲江湖小说)

Thanks for the updates

Guys appreciate if we can stop this discussion about hermaphrodite as some readers are not comfortable with it. Thanks!

I agree. It's very obvious DFBB is a 100% female here. Not sure why would one say she is 80% female and 20% male. Nothing wrong for a complete female to learn the sunflower manual. There hasnt been any rule which states that a leaner needs to be or will be part man part woman. In fact I think that Joe Chen is one of the best DFBB I have ever seen. It's love and hate for the recent series.

Default Revised Version of Chapter 34

The wind was roaring in the great bare trees. A blue figure holding on to the unconscious Dongfang Bubai in his strong arms tightly was shooting down the mountain side like a bird, landing every so often, but only momentarily, before taking off again. It was none other than Linghu Chong.

After setting his feet to the ground, Linghu Chong slowly laid Dongfang Bubai on the ground. Miss DongfangMiss Dongfangplease wake up he called out fearfully. There was no response. He placed his index finger under her nose to check on her breathing. It was very weak but she was still breathing.

Thank goodness she is still alive Linghu Chong let out a sigh of relieve. He lightly touched Dongfang Bubais forehead as tears flowed down his eyes. I will find the best doctor to treat your injury. I will never let you leave me againDont worry he said in a determined voice.

Sudden sounds of rushing wind could be heard. Linghu Chong turned his head towards the sound of the wind and saw Linghu En, Mei Jian, and Zhu Jian descending the cliff using the umbrella in their hands.

Linghu En ran towards Linghu Chong hurriedly. Brother, how is Senior Martial Sister? she stooped down to look at Dongfang Bubai and asked worriedly.

Linghu Chong wiped the blood stains off Dongfang Bubais lips. Shes alive but very weak. Weve to leave this place at once, he replied. His heart ached as he saw Dongfang Bubai unconscious.

Mei Jian and Zhu Jian stood behind Linghu Chong. Young Master, weve to leave now before more guards come, Mei Jian said.

Linghu Chong returned to his feet and carried Dongfang Bubai on his back. Lets go! he shouted.

Right at that moment, thirty masked men armed with swords exited a cavern and charged towards them.

Linghu Chong glared at the masked men coldly. He drew his sword and executed an arcing slash. The sword sent out a wave of energy in shape of a sword blade, slashing eight masked men in the throat.

The other masked men did not back down. They waved their swords dangerously and started attacking Linghu Chong together.

Linghu Chong parried the attacks and subsequently slashed thrice killing three more people.

Zhu Jian and Mei Jian joined the battle and killed another four people by themselves.

Linghu En caught a masked man by the wrist and strikes him in the face with her palm.

The fight had only lasted a short time. The four of them finished off the thirty masked within minutes within minutes.

Zhu Jian suddenly thought of something and said, Young Master, it might be a better idea that we change into their clothing before we continue our journey. This way we can avoid them and bring Miss Dongfang to get medical treatment much faster.

Linghu Chong was so worried about Dongfang Bubais condition that he just could not think straight. He nodded and replied, Alright. We will do as you say.

Linghu En, Zhu Jian and Mei Jian carried Dongfang Bubai to a secluded spot to change her clothes, while Linghu Chong hide behind a tree and changed into a masked mans clothing.

The sky was getting dark, carrying Dongfang Bubai on his back, Linghu Chong slowly walked through the chilling woods. Though he has been walking for hours but he was not tired at all. Bringing Dongfang Bubai to get medical treatment was the only thing he had in mind.

Brother, why dont you let us help you carry Senior Martial Sister? Linghu En offered to help.

Linghu Chong declined, Its okay. I can carry her on my own. He was reluctant to let go of Dongfang Bubai anymore.

After reaching a small town, they went to the nearest inn to get a room. After finding out who was the best physician in town from the innkeeper Zhu Jian and Mei Jian were instructed to bring him to the inn.

The physician raised his brow as he checked Dongfang Bubais pulse. This young ladys injury is very severe he said. He rose from the stool and looked at Linghu Chong helplessly. Im unable to treat her, he continued.

Linghu Chong reached his hand out and grabbed the physicians arm forcefully. Doctor, Ive already used my inner energy to extend her life. Why dont you quickly treat her injury, he pleaded the doctor.

The physician replied, Young hero, I think under such circumstances you should resolve martial arts world matters using martial arts methods. I only know how to acupuncture and examine pulse. Only my master is capable of treating severe fighting injuries.

Linghu En grabbed the physician by the throat and started to strangle him. Since youre of no use to us there is no reason for us to keep you alive then, she said coldly.

The physician was frightened. He hastily begged Linghu En for mercy.

Linghu Chong patted Linghu En and said, If you kill him now no one is going to bring his master here to treat Miss Dongfang. Im not giving up as there is still hope to treat Dongfang Bubais injury. He looked at the physician sternly and said, Quickly bring your master here then!

Linghu En took her hand off the physicians throat.

The physician shook his head and sighed sadly. My master passed away a year ago.

Linghu Chong glowered and said loudly, Arent you called Healing Doctor Hua Wuzhi? How come you did not learn your masters treatment methods?

The physician reluctantly replied, I.I am afraid of blood. How about this, you people from the martial arts world are not afraid of blood. I will guide you. If you use the methods I tell you, you might be able to save this young ladys life. You have to hurry. This young ladys life is at stake.

Linghu Chong turned his head to look at Dongfang Bubai. His eyes became watery and his heart started aching when he saw Dongfang Bubai lying in the bed unmoving. Im not an expert in treating such injuries. But if I dont give it a try Miss Dongfang will die. When there is no other way anything is worth a try, he thought.

He looked back at the physician and said in a determined voice, Alright. Ill do it.

The candle on the side table burned brightly. Linghu Chong sat behind Dongfang Bubai and began circulating his inner energy, producing a strong wind. Miss Dongfang, dont give in. Im going to use my inner energy to open up your blocked up meridian points. Once you regain conscious, you can slowly recuperate by yourself, he murmured.

Linghu Chong stretched out his palms and slowly placed it onto Dongfang Bubais back. As soon as his inner energy flushed in, Dongfang Bubais body gradually warmed up. An energy field started to envelope her entire body.

The roasters started crowing. The sun was already up. Dongfang Bubai has finally regained conscious. She felt a warm stream of energy burning inside her body. She groaned inwardly and opened up her mouth, spurting out blood.

Realizing that Dongfang Bubai was awake Linghu Chong stopped the outflow of his inner energy and quickly retracted his palms. He climbed out of the bed and kneeled beside Dongfang Bubai excitingly. Youre awake he said in a soft and joyful voice.

Dongfang Bubai opened her eyes and slowly turned around to look at Linghu Chong. Her eyes dropped wide open the moment she saw him. Linghu Chong.its youits really you she uttered ecstatically. Tears started rolling down her cheek. She reached her hand out and touched his face, gazing at him in disbelieve. Her heart was filled with joy. Am I dreaming.is this real? Linghu Chong is it really you? she asked softly.

Linghu Chong overjoyed to see Dongfang Bubai regain conscious. He gazed at her with his eyes filled with tears of joy. He let out a sigh of joy, Heavens, you finally heard my request. You finally returned Miss Dongfang to me Unable to contain his joy, he embraced Dongfang Bubai and let out a cry of happiness.

Dongfang Bubai returned his hug with tears running down her face. Linghu ChongYou didn't die, you're still alive...you're still alive..." she cried softly. She was still in disbelief that the man in her arms was actually Linghu Chong.

The couple held each other in their arms affectionately, enjoying their long awaited reunion. Right at that moment, the room was filled with an atmosphere of happiness.

Linghu En, Zhu Jian and Mei Jian overheard their conversation outside the room. Linghu En was smiling with tears in her eyes. Brother can finally loosen up, she thought.

Young Master and Miss Dongfang are finally together again, Zhu Jian whispered happily.

Linghu En wiepd off her tears and coughed softly, You two lasses should go and get some sleep. Lets no bother them.

Zhu Jian and Mei Jian cupped their hands and saluted Linghu En. Servant will go at once, they said together.

It was a bright sunny day. Linghu Chong stood at the corridor stretching his hands up. He took in a deep breath. The air seems so much fresher today, he thought with a smile. His face was filled with enthusiasm and energy. It has been a long time since he felt so good.

The innkeeper exited a room and walked up to him. Sir, your lady friends told me to give you this, he pulled a note out from his pocket and handed it to Linghu Chong.

Linghu Chong thanked the innkeeper and quickly read the note.

Brother, congratulations on saving Senior Martial Sisters life. Were not going to get in the way. Ive instructed Zhu Jian and Mei Jian to get some people to look after the Hengshan Sect nuns so that you can spend more time with Senior Martial Sister. Ren Woxings people are probably still looking for you and Senior Martial Sister. Please be careful. If you ever need me I will be at the Luoyang bamboo hut.

A figure wearing a simple cream white dress exited a room behind him. Linghu Chong, what are you doing out here? You didnt get any rest? a soft but stern female voice asked.

Linghu Chong tucked the note into his pocket and turned around to look at the figure. I am not tired at all. In fact I feel fresh. Im sure its because of someone special but I cant seem to figure out who it is just yet, he said with a grin.

The figure in cream white was in fact Dongfang Bubai. Sweet talker. Looks like some things around here will never change, Dongfang Bubai said in a mocking tone. Initially she wanted to say that it was probably because of his little apprentice sister that he felt fresh. But after hearing from Yi Lin that his little apprentice sister stabbed him with a sword she decided not to mention about this person in front of him ever again. She did not want to hurt his feelings anymore.

Linghu Chong mocked back with a smirk, Youve to agree that it is my sweet talking that caught your attention. Why would you want me to change it?

Dongfang Bubai turned away and replied coldly, If you keep talking rubbish I am going to ignore you.

Linghu Chong quickly went up to her, lightly pulling her sleeve with an apologetic look on his face. Miss, please dont be angry. I know that Ive been naughty. Please forgive me he said in low voice.

Dongfang Bubai cast a side glance at him smilingly. Im feeling a little bored. If you can find something to amuse me I may consider sparing your life, she replied with a slight grin.

Linghu Chong held Dongfang Bubais hand and pulled her away with me. Lets go!

Dongfang Bubai puckered her brow and looked at him astonishingly. Where are we going? she asked.

Ill take you to somewhere nice, Linghu Chong replied.

There were two kites soaring up into the air side by side. The couple stood at the top of a hill flying kites with the wind blowing softly against their faces. They looked at each other with a smile as they held onto the kite handle. Dongfang Bubai felt very relaxed and happy. She was smiling the whole time. It was truly one of those rare moments to see the worlds number one martial artist being so cheerful.

Did you know that Ive not flew a kite for a long time. The last time I flew a kite was probably fifteen years ago, Dongfang Bubai simple smiled as she spoke.

Actually this is my first time flying a kite, Linghu Chong said with a sigh and a smile.

Dongfang Bubai looked at him in amazement. Really? she asked.

Linghu Chong nodded. When I was little I didnt like flying kites. Its because I would compare myself with to kite up there, he said, pointing towards one of the kites. I felt that the kite was being shackled and it did not have any freedom. Im someone who particularly likes to be free. Which is why I have no regrets being expelled from Huashan Sect. I can now live my own life.

Dongfang Bubai puckered her lips as she nodded with a grin. She was actually very happy for him too. She was in fact relieved that she was no longer associated with the Divine Sun Moon Cult. It was her dream to live in a carefree life with the man whom she loved, away from the martial arts world.

Im different from you, Dongfang Bubai said softly. I really like to fly kites. When I was little I would always secretly go out to fly kites on my own. As I stand there and watch the kite fly higher and higher I would have fantasies about sitting on top of the kite, as if I was free.

Linghu Chong turned his head and looked Dongfang Bubai in the eyes affectionately, Do you know that this is my first time flying a kite with the girl that I like? he said in a soft and sincere voice.

Dongfang Bubais heart was filled with joy. From the glowing affection in his eyes and his voice she could tell that he was not lying. For once she felt that she was special to Linghu Chong. She turned away and nodded her head, hiding her blushing face.

Linghu Chong took the kite off Dongfang Bubais hands and said, Give it to me. He simultaneously lets go of both the kites, watching it soar high up into the sky side by side.

Dongfang Bubai looked at Linghu Chong in shock. What are you doing?

Linghu Chong placed his arm around her shoulder. Just let them fly freely, he said with a smile.

Dongfang Bubai looked up watching the two kites soaring gracefully into the sky side by side. She nodded with a smile. Seeing the kites flying so freely was something that she desired to do too.

Theyre free now, Linghu Chong said. He then looked at Dongfang Bubai and continued, What about us?

Dongfang Bubai gave him a serious look in the eyes waiting for him to give her an answer. Ever since Linghu Chong revealed his feelings for her at the woods, she had already decided to follow him wherever he goes. If it wasnt for all the tragic events that took place in the past, she would have stepped down as the Divine Sun Moon Cults Chief and just be by his side.

Linghu Chong could tell that Dongfang Bubai was not going to give him an answer. He decided for once not to be bashful and just speak his mind. Will you be my woman? he asked softly.

Dongfang Bubai fixed her eyes on Linghu Chongs without saying a word. She recalled the note that Yi Lin had given to her, telling her to take good care of Linghu Chong. Since Linghu Chong had already revealed his feelings to her, she decided not to try and force Linghu Chong to be with Yi Lin anymore. Are you sure? she asked in a soft voice.

This time it was Linghu Chong who did not reply to her. Instead, he placed his hand around Dongfang Bubais neck and kissed her lips passionately. Dongfang Bubai closed her eyes returning his kiss passionately. She has been waiting for this moment for a very long time. Receiving her first kiss from the man she truly loved.

After kissing for a long period of time, Linghu Chong slowly pulled away. Im very sure, he said, with a serious look on his face.

Dongfang Bubai just smiled.

Linghu Chong knew what her answer was. He leaned in and kiss Dongfang Bubai in the lips once more. Pink petals of flowers started falling from the trees like pink snowflakes and covering the ground with soft white-pinkish blanket, producing a romantic atmosphere.

The teashop was dim and quiet. Linghu Chong and Dongfang Bubai sat at a table side by side holding hands. They propped their heads in their hands looking at each other. Dongfang Bubai gazed at Linghu Chong with a wide smile across her face. While Linghu Chong looked at her grinning cheerfully.

Dongfang Bubai raised her brows looking towards at hot pot on the table, hinting that it was time to eat.

Linghu Chong held onto Dongfang Bubais hand with his eyes fixed to hers. Right at that moment he only wanted to look at her and not do anything else.

Dongfang Bubai finally pulled her hand away and reached for a pair of chopsticks. Lets eat some meat. She smilingly grasped a piece of thinly sliced chicken with the chopsticks and placed it in front of Linghu Chongs mouth.

The moment Linghu Chong took the meat in his mouth he felt a burning sensation. He quickly grasped the meat with the chopsticks and took it out from his mouth. Ouchits hot

Dongfang Bubai couldnt help but smile at the looks on his face. Its hot? she asked playfully.

Linghu Chong grasped another piece of slicked chicken and placed it in Dongfang Bubais mouth. This time it was her who complained that the meat was hot. She abruptly used the chopsticks to take the meat out and placed on a plate. Linghu Chong grinned at said playfully, Its hot?

Dongfang Bubai propped her head in her hand looking at him withstanding the burning sensation and nodded with a wide smile. Linghu Chong reached his hand out to hold Dongfang Bubais other hand affectionately. They started laughing at each others silly facial expression.

The shopkeeper walked up to them. Sir, Miss, your food is burnt. Why

Linghu Chong interrupted him and said, No. We like our meat burnt. Though the meat was probably not eatable anymore but he could not be bothered. He would eat it as long as Dongfang Bubai was willing to eat it with him.

Dongfang Bubai simply smiled. She didnt mind eating burnt meat either as long as Linghu Chong was willing to eat it with her.

The shopkeeper gazed at Linghu Chong and said, Sir, arent you the one who got drunk and slept outside my shop days ago?

Linghu Chong raised his brow and looked at the shopkeeper confusingly. He then realized that he came to this teashop a while ago to drink wine.

Dongfang Bubai turned her head around looking at the shopkeeper coldly, wanting to know what was he trying to say.

The shopkeeper smiled and continued, Congratulations. You finally reunited with your sweetheart.

Dongfang Bubai turned towards Linghu Chong with a serious look on her face. She was wondering who the shopkeeper was referring too.

Now that she has come back to you, you dont have to get yourself so drunk to drown your sorrow anymore, the shopkeeper smiled. He gave them a bowed before walking away.

What sweetheart? Who is she? Dongfang Bubai asked in a stern voice.

Linghu Chong looked away and replied, Its like this. There is this fierce girl that I liked who loves to perform sword moves while drinking wine. There was one day she left me with some monks without even saying a word. I had to walk down from the peak all by myself even though I was not well.

Dongfang Bubai immediately knew who he was referring to. She placed her hand over his mouth withe a smile one her face.

Linghu Chong suddenly thought about something. He took her hand away from his mouth and asked in a stern voice, "Wait a minute. What about that guy on Dark Wood Cliff who looked like me but isn't me? Who the hell is he?"

Dongfang Bubai returned a stern look at him and replied, "It was a temporary gift from heavens to keep me company for temporarily. Don't worry too much I castrated him before bringing him back to the cliff so he wasn't able to have any fantasies when he's with me." After finishing her words and started laughing playfully.

Linghu Chong looked at her in astonishment. "You castrated him?" Dongfang Bubai's words sent shivers down his spine. He could not believe how she treated Yang Lianting. "But then again those men up on the cliff are mostly evil and scheming. Sometimes it is necessary to use extreme methods to protect yourself from them. As least she did not lose her purity to that guy," he thought.

Dongfang Bubai contained her laugh and replied with an evil grin, "If your name is not Linghu Chong you are not going to get any 'action'."

Linghu Chong though excited but was still panicking. "I better not be mean to you or else I might get castrated," he chuckled, trying to compose himself.

Dongfang Bubai grasped another piece of meat, blew on it make it cooler before placing it in Linghu Chong's mouth. "Here eat some burnt meat. I doubt I will have the heart to castrate you so you're safe," she chuckled.

Afterward, Linghu Chong blew on another piece of meat and placed it in Dongfang Bubai's mouth. "Even if you castrate me I will never leave you again," he said with a wide smile.

Dongfang Bubai reached her hand out and stroke Linghu Chong's cheek as she bite the meat in her mouth.

They took turns to feed each other. The couple was having best time of their lives.

Yue Lingfeng stood there at the edge of the cliff under the gloomy clouds. Drops of rain trickled down his body as he stood there frozen, his gaze fixed on the bottomless cliff. His tears were still flowing down his cheeks. Sister, I am sorry to you. Even if I die thousands of times I will not be able to make up for what Ive done. But dont worry I will not let you die in vain. The Dongfangs will not be defeated so easily, he thought.

Hall Elders, Hall Masters and Vice Hall Masters, five branches of Fragrant Masters and Vice Fragrant Masters of the Divine Sun Moon Cult gathered inside a hall. Ren Woxing sat on the dais. A cloth was used to cover both his eyes. They got down on their knee and saluted Ren Woxing with their hands cupped. Subordinate pays respect to refined scholar, kind-hearted warrior, the just and wise Chief. Chief flourishes the divine cult and benefits the common people. Long live the Chief, dominating the martial arts world.

Ren Woxing said loudly, You were all under Dongfang Bubai before and has done many things for her. Ive secretly found out what every single one of you has done. But Im a very open-minded person, so I wont blame anyone. From today, everyone must be loyal to me then I would treat you well and share all the glory and honor.

Chief is just and wise, his heart is open like the ocean. Subordinate will obey chiefs order completely. We will be loyal to Chief, go through fire and water, would not draw back at a thousand deaths, and be resolved to do chiefs biddings, they cheered.

Ren Woxing raised his hand and signaled them to be silent. But if anyone dares to revolt and not listen to my order then I will punish him severely. Anyone who defies me, his entire family would be executed too.

All of them answered together, Subordinate would never dare.

Ren Yingying looked towards Yue Lingfeng who was standing right behind her. Brother Yue, are you alright? she asked. She was deeply concerned about him, fearing that Dongfang Bubai may have helped him regain his memory.

Yue Lingfeng shook his head and replied, I am alright. Its just some minor injury.

Ren Woxing overheard their whisperings. He said loudly, Fenger! Come here!

Yue Lingfeng went up to Ren Woxing and saluted him with his hands cupped. Senior, what orders do you have for junior? he asked courteously.

Ren Woxing smiled coldly and said, Ignore all the formalities. You helped me escaped from my imprisonment. Now that Ive already regained the leadership of the cult I am going to fulfill my promises made to you. He paused and held onto the seat armrest to pull himself up.

Yue Lingfeng and Ren Yingying went up to prop him up by the hand.

Followers of the Divine Sun Moon Cult here is my order! Since old man has become visually impaired it would be inconvenient for old man to run the cult activities like before. Hence, old man has decided to appoint Yue Lingfeng to assist old man to manage the cult. From this day forth, Yue Lingfeng will be the Deputy Chief of our Divine Sun Moon Cult. Seeing the Deputy Chief is like seeing me, Ren Woxing. Those who disobey shall be killed mercilessly! Ren Woxing said in a fierce voice.

Greetings to the Deputy Chief! Long live Deputy Chief! Dominating the martial arts world! all of the members responded.

Yue Lingfeng placed his hands in the back gazing at them coldly. Excellent. I assure you all that we will take control of the martial arts world in less than 10 years, he puckered his brow and said in a cold and stern voice. His indifferent facial expression sent a chill down their spine. They could sense that he carried an air of authority. His voice was full of authority and power. He reminded them of someone.

Even Ren Yingying was startled to see Yue Lingfengs cold facial expression. Dongfang Bubai? she thought in fear. Right at that moment she felt as though she was seeing Dongfang Bubai standing at the dais instead of Yue Lingfeng.

Two masked men escorted Yang Lianting into the hall. They forced him down onto his knees and proceeded to salute Ren Woxing with their hands cupped. Greetings Chief. Subordinate caught the traitor Yang Lianting while he was trying to sneak out of the Dark Wood Cliff, one of them reported.

Yang Lianting panicked and bowed down. Chief Renplease let me go.I did help you to get rid of Dongfang Bubai he stammered.

Ren Woxing hummed angrily and said, Yang Lianting?! You caught Yang Lianting?! Well done!

Yue Lingfeng clenched his fist as he glared at Yang Lianting coldly. He turned toward Ren Woxing and bowed at him. Chief, Yang Lianting betrayed us and deserves to be punished severely, he said.

Ren Woxing patted Yue Lingfeng and said, Youre now the Deputy Chief. I leave it to you on how you want to deal with this useless thing.

Yue Lingfeng went up to Yang Lianting and stood in front of him. He channeled his inner energy to his hand and sent an energy covered palm strike to Yang Liantings head.

Yang Lianting threw up some blood from his mouth and dropped dead to the floor.

Ren Yingying was greatly terrified. Brother Yue has never been so violent before. He seemed to be a complete different person she muttered to herself.

Another two masked men escorted Tong Baixiong into the hall. The two masked men forced Tong Baixiong down to his knees but he very quickly got back up to his feet.

Xian Wentian stepped forward and scolded him, Traitor! Why are you not on your knees to salute the Chief?!

Tong Baixiong looked up to the sky and laughed loudly. In my eyes Brother Dongfang is the true Chief. Ren Woxing betrayed our cult. He is the real traitor! Chief Dongfang, talented in the academics and gifted in the martial arts. Unifying the martial arts world for a thousand autumns!

After hearing those words, Ren Woxing couldn't control his anger anymore. His body started to shake with anger, and he really wanted to kill Tong Baixiong with a single strike.

Yue Lingfeng noticed the murderous intent on Ren Woxings face. He hastily darted towards Tong Baixiong and thrust his palm toward the right side of Tong Baixiongs chest, knocking him out. Those who disrespect the Chief shall not be spared, he narrowed his eyes and said coldly.

Ren Woxing nodded with an evil grin. Deputy Chief Yue! You did well! Anyone who still supports Dongfang Bubai will have the same fate as him! he shouted loudly, shaking all the floor tiles in the hall.

Later, Ren Yingying and Yue Lingfeng were in Dongfang Bubais chamber searching for something. They looked into every single cupboard and drawer but could not locate the item that they were looking for.

Ren Woxing pressed the edge of a table with his hand and said sternly, Yingying! Did you find the scripture?

Ren Yingying turned her head to look at her Ren Woxing. Not yet, father, she replied.

Yue Lingfeng went over to the bed to search under the mattress. He felt an object under the mattress. Could this be it? he thought. He looked over his shoulder to make sure that Ren Yingying wasnt looking at him before pulling out the item. It was a hardcover handbook. The words Sunflower Scripture were inscribed on the front cover. He quickly tucked the handbook into his chest pocket and continued searching the bed.

Brother Feng, did you manage to find anything? Ren Yingying asked, stepping away from a closet.

Yue Lingfeng looked at Ren Yingying and replied, Nothing. The scripture probably fell off the cliff together with Dongfang Bubai.

Ren Woxing hummed angrily, Outrageous! The villain Dongfang Bubai actually took the divine cults holy treasure, Sunflower Scripture along with her to the spiritual realm! He suddenly paused and thought of something. That might not be such a bad thing after all. The Sunflower Scripture contains profound martial arts skills but it will harm anyone who learns it. Burying it together with Dongfang Bubai could be a good thing, he said laughingly.

Yue Lingfeng sat inside a room flipping through the pages of the Sunflower Scripture. He was amazed with the martial arts skills inside the scripture. Each technique was ingenious and powerful. No wonder adopted father said that the Sunflower Scripture is the most supreme martial arts skill. No one in the world will be able to match you after youve learned this martial art. He said that a practitioners life would also be prolonged to over 100 years, he uttered to himself.

The moment Yue Lingfeng flipped back to the first page of the handbook, his eyes became still. It was clearly written that to learn this divine art, you must first castrate yourself. He let out a sigh of despair and thought, Sister is a female so naturally she would not have any problems learning the martial arts in the scripture.

As he thought about Dongfang Bubai an image of her falling to the bottom of the cliff suddenly flashed through his mind. A mix emotions of anger, hatred and sorrow swelled in his heart the moment he thought about how Ren Woxing caused the death of his sister.

With my current martial arts skills there is no way I can defeat Ren Woxing in a straight fight. Even if I can finish him off with some treacherous methods I will still need to take out Xiang Wentian and the ten elders to ensure that I can gain full control of the devil cult, Yue Lingfeng thought deeply. He held the handbook in his hand tightly and started laughing coldly. To learn this divine art, you must first castrate yourself! To learn this divine art, you must first castrate yourself!

Feeling completely frustrated, he pushed the door wide open and stormed out of the room.

There was a large brothel house in a small town not far away from the Dark Wood Cliff. Yue Lingfeng decided to get a large room all for himself. He made an arrangement with the housekeeper to have a group of beautiful looking young ladies accompany him.

Yue Lingfeng was having a good time being entertained and accompanied by the young ladies. Some fed him with fruits and wines while others took turns to be intimate with him. He decided to just spend the night having fun with them without thinking about anything else.

It was past midnight. The room was in complete darkness. Yue Lingfeng was all alone sitting at a table. He reached into his chest pocket and pulled out the Sunflower Scripture. Sister has always been very loving to me. I cannot allow her to die in vain.though her death wasnt entirely my fault but I was still part of itAs her blood sibling I cannot just let it go

Yue Lingfeng rose from his seat and went over to a window, looking out into the dark sky. Feiyan, if you were still around Im sure that you will be able to tell me what to do he sighed in despair, recalling how he had caused Qu Feiyans death.

There was great heaviness and continual sorrow in his heart. The moment he thought about how he has caused the death of the two most important women in his life, he just couldnt contain his tears anymore. He shot his palm out, emitted a stream of energy at a pot and pulled it towards him.

After drinking a big gulp of wine, he reached for the handle of his sword and pulled it out from the scabbard. He gazed at the sword steel while pouring some wine over it. With a flicker of light, he grabbed the handled of the sword and slashed it downwards forcefully. Blood splattered all over the floor.

Yue Lingfeng stumbled to the back and let out a loud cry.
    Last edited by Dongfang Xue; 07-04-14 at 10:29 PM.

Good, the revision is much better then how it was before. Good Job.
    If anyone is interested in some of my other work. You can check them out here https://www.fanfiction.net/u/106973/

Why doesn't LHC also confront her concerning her sweetheart, "boy toy", she had in her room on top of Hei Mu Ya...

That's a good point szfong.
    If anyone is interested in some of my other work. You can check them out here https://www.fanfiction.net/u/106973/

Her reply to LHC's confronting her is, "It's not considered cheating when his face looks like yours, also I climaxed while imagining it was you, so how on earth could you blame me!" Just kidding, of course...

There added this little bit in that scene

Linghu Chong looked away and replied, Its like this. There is this fierce girl that I liked who loves to perform sword moves while drinking wine. There was one day she left me with some monks without even saying a word. I had to walk down from the peak all by myself even though I was not well.

Dongfang Bubai immediately knew who he was referring to. She placed her hand over his mouth withe a smile one her face.

Linghu Chong suddenly thought about something. He took her hand away from his mouth and asked in a stern voice, "Wait a minute. What about that guy on Dark Wood Cliff who looked like me but isn't me? Who the hell is he?"

Dongfang Bubai returned a stern look at him and replied, "It was a temporary gift from heavens to keep me company for temporarily. Don't worry too much I castrated him before bringing him back to the cliff so he wasn't able to have any fantasies when he's with me." After finishing her words and started laughing playfully.

Linghu Chong looked at her in astonishment. "You castrated him?" Dongfang Bubai's words sent shivers down his spine. He could not believe how she treated Yang Lianting. "But then again those men up on the cliff are mostly evil and scheming. Sometimes it is necessary to use extreme methods to protect yourself from them. As least she did not lose her purity to that guy," he thought.

Dongfang Bubai contained her laugh and replied with an evil grin, "If your name is not Linghu Chong you are not going to get any 'action'."

Linghu Chong though excited but was still panicking. "I better not be mean to you or else I might get castrated," he chuckled, trying to compose himself.

Dongfang Bubai grasped another piece of meat, blew on it make it cooler before placing it in Linghu Chong's mouth. "Here eat some burnt meat. I doubt I will have the heart to castrate you so you're safe," she chuckled.

Afterward, Linghu Chong blew on another piece of meat and placed it in Dongfang Bubai's mouth. "Even if you castrate me I will never leave you again," he said with a wide smile.

Dongfang Bubai reached her hand out and stroke Linghu Chong's cheek as she bite the meat in her mouth.

They took turns to feed each other. The couple was having best time of their lives.
    Last edited by Dongfang Xue; 07-04-14 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dongfang Xue View Post
    Guys appreciate if we can stop this discussion about hermaphrodite as some readers are not comfortable with it. Thanks!
    Sorry about that, in the past these were just freaks of nature that was unspoken of, but nowadays, they are much more common and numerous, and oftentimes considered "closeted freaks" born from town in developing countries that are in the path of carcinogenic/mutagenic runoffs from chemical plants. I guess I understand these people or their relatives not wishing to bring up memories of such a "taboo/traumatic" subject.... Once again, I apologize to "some of the readers"...

Interesting revision. Thanks.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Like this addition, makes sense that DFBB would take precautions to protect her chastity.

With 4 eunuchs do we have enough to form a club? Of course its one high membership fee!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Like this addition, makes sense that DFBB would take precautions to protect her chastity.

With 4 eunuchs do we have enough to form a club? Of course its one high membership fee!
    Mandred if u read the revised chapter 34 above its only 3 eunuchs left. One died in Lingfeng's hands. Chapter 35 should be up later today

Default Chapter 35

Ren Yingying sat under a pavilion playing the zither. From the sound of the tune once could tell that her mind was troubled. As she strum the zither once more, a string suddenly broke. She abruptly took her hands off the zither in shock.

She stepped out of the pavilion and looked at the elegant house in front of her. Dongfang Bubai, though you are dead but it seems like you never once left. Brother Yue have gone through some serious changes lately. Why cant you just leave us alone? Why? she thought in anger.

A masked man walked into the flower garden. He cupped his hands and greeted Ren Yingying. Holy Maiden, subordinate has some information for you.

What is it? Ren Yingying asked coldly, with her back facing the masked man.

The masked man replied and said, Our spies spotted Linghu Chong and a girl in Xingyi Town.

Ren Yingying turned pale the moment she heard the word girl. Any idea who this girl is? she asked.

The masked man hesitantly answered, Its Dongfang BubaiShe is alive.

Ren Yingying turned around and looked at him with her eyes wide open. Dongfang.Bubai? How could it be possible? she stammered.

She must have survived the fall, the masked man continued. Do subordinate need to report this to the Chief?

Ren Yingying quickly shook her head. That would not be necessary. No one is to report this to the Chief or Deputy Chief, she said sternly.

Yes, the masked man said, looking down to the ground.

Afterward, Xiang Wentian pushed the door open and stepped into the elegant house.

Ren Yingying was standing at a window looking at the carnation outside. Her face was filled with anxiety,

Xiang Wentian could sense her discomfort. He went up to her patted her. Yingying, are you alright? he asked with concern.

Ren Yingying turned her head to look at him. Uncle Xiang, Dongfang Bubai is still alive, she let out a sigh of distress.

Xiang Wentian was startled. She fell off the cliff but still survived? How could that be possible? his asked, his mouth dropped wide open.

Ren Yingying stepped away from the window and continued, If she doesnt die it will be us who will die. Father is already blind. He cant afford to lose the leadership the second time.

Xiang Wentian responded and said, You want me to lead some people to take her out?

Ren Yingying nodded, If our spies information are accurate, she has not fully recovered her inner energy. Now would be the best time to move in on her.

Xiang Wentian was silent for a moment. Ive seen Dongfang Bubais outstanding martial art skills. She single handedly defeat me, Chief and Deputy Chief together. Even if she has not fully recovered from her inner energy it may be a difficult task to take her life, he thought. Furthermore, even if I bring her head back to the Chief I would never be able to succeed him. Why should I risk my life when there is nothing to be gained?

Ren Yingying could sense his hesitation. If you can bring Dongfang Bubais head back to me, after Brother Yue succeeds father you will be the divine cults Deputy Chief. Being the second in command is far more powerful than an emissary. You ought to know that by now, she said coldly.

Xiang Wentian knitted his brow. She is right. Dongfang Bubai had more authority in the cult compared to me or Qu Yang when she was only the Deputy Chief. One person above you and ten thousands of people below you might not be such a bad idea after all, he thought silently.

He finally said, Yingying, dont worry Uncle Xiang will lead our cults elites to deal with her.

Ren Yingying patted Xiang Wentian and said with a smile, Thank you Uncle Xiang. You must do this in discreet. Anyone else who knows about this must die.

Xian Wentian bowed with his hands cupped. Yes.

There was a knock on the door. Greetings Holy Maiden, a voice said.

Ren Yingying sat at a table, filling up an empty cup with some warm tea. Come in.

A masked man pushed the door open and stepped into the elegant house. He got down on one knee and saluted Ren Yingying. Holy Maiden, what orders do you have for subordinate? he asked.

Ren Yingying sipped some tea from the cup in her hand and then said, While we were on the way back to the cliff I discovered that Wudang Sects Qing Xu and Qingcheng Sects Yu Canghai are here in Dingzhou City. Get some people to apprehend Qing Xu alive.

The masked man looked down to the ground as he responded. Yes, Holy Maiden.

Xiang Wentian cast a side glance at Ren Yingying. What is she up to now? When it comes to scheming this lass isnt any weaker than Dongfang Bubai. In fact, she is much better than her father. Guess being brought up by Dongfang Bubai has made her become shrewder. Even if I do become the Deputy Chief someday it would be impossible for me to gain full control of the cult. The cliff is filled with hidden tigers, crouching dragons, he thought fearfully.

A cottage deep inside the woods, far away from town was brightly lighted. Linghu Chong and Dongfang Bubai sat in front of a wood fire, cooking a chicken on a rack over the wood fire.

Linghu Chong drowned the wine down his throat, gazing at the blazing fire, mulling away.

Dongfang Bubai gazed at him and saw hurt and pain on his face. She knew that something was wrong. The last time she saw him being so distraught was when he told her Yue Lingshan had fallen for Lin Pingzhi. Now that theyre together she was certain that it had nothing to do with Yue Lingshan. She was very confident with herself and with him. Just as she was about to open her mouth to ask him about it, she held back and decided not to. She decided to let him spill it out instead. A smart woman knows when to ask and when not to ask. Although I am more than willing to share joy and grief with him but I must also learn to give him some space. Hes not those dogs on Dark Wood Cliff. Hes the man who means everything to me, she thought with a grin.

Linghu Chong took another gulp of wine in despair. Should I tell her about it? he thought, knitting his brow distressingly. Even if I dont tell her now shes bound to find out about it sooner or laterKnowing her personality, she will go berserk when she hears that Yi Lin is dead."

Drops of rain started falling down from the gloomy sky. Linghu Chong and Dongfang Bubai concurrently looked up, felling the rain on their skin. They looked at each other in silence. Dongfang Bubais eyes were filled with admiration and love.

Seeing Dongfang Bubais graceful and tender appearance, Linghu Chong couldnt help but return a smile. When two people are together there should not be any secrets between them. Linghu Chong, Linghu Chong, if you are a man you should tell her the truth and help her get through this grief... he thought.

Stop looking at me like that. Lets just forget about anything unhappy and enjoy this night together, Dongfang Bubai suddenly said in a soft voice.

Linghu Chong finally placed the wine container on the ground and gave Dongfang Bubai a serious look on face. There is something I need to tell you. But youve to promise me that you mustnt lose your violent temper, he said in a stern voice.

Dongfang Bubai lightly nodded with a grin, waiting to listen to what he had to say to her. You have my words.

Linghu Chong took a deep breath to compose himself and then said, I promised Abbess Ding Yi to become the Hengshan Sects headmaster before she passed away.

Dongfang Bubai abruptly interrupted, You got me worried there for a moment. I thought that it was something very serious. I received great graciousness from Abbess Ding Yi when I was confined in the Shaolin Temple. Now that she is dead those under her are certainly not competent enough to defend the sect from enemies. So it was probably the right decision to appoint you to lead the sect.

She then covered her mouth to contain her laughter. I just cant imagine a man leading a sect filled with nuns though. Thankfully you have me and Junior Martial Sister by your side, she continued.

A thought then flashed through her mind. I think I know what youre worried about. Youre afraid that Yi Lin would be sad when she sees us together? Not to worry. She gave us her blessings months ago. I will certainly find someone who is better looking than you to keep her company, she said smirkingly.

Though that was only part of what Linghu Chong was going to tell her but he was delighted to know that she would be by there for him to help him lead the nunnery. He went on and said grievingly, There is one more thingYi LinYi Lin died together with the abbess inside the Shaolin Temple

Dongfang Bubais eyes dropped wide open as she looked at him astonishingly. It was the exact same reaction when she heard that Linghu Chong was dead months ago. She hastily pulled herself up from the ground, stumbling to the back shaking her head in disbelief. It cant be.you must have made a mistake she uttered in tears.

Linghu Chong could sense her grief and fright. He instantly ran up to her and hugged her fiercely; as if afraid she would disappear if he let go. SorrysorryIm really sorryI failed to protect her, he sobbed.

Dongfang Bubai wrapped her arms around Linghu Chong and she burst into tears. Yi Linnnnnnnnn! she shouted loudly, unleashing a fierce gust of wind into the radius.

Linghu Chong gently patted her. Im really sorry he uttered bitterly.

Dongfang Bubai leaned her head on Linghu Chongs shoulder as tears dripped down her face.

After releasing her anguish and resting on Linghu Chongs shoulder for a long period of time, Dongfang Bubai lightly pulled herself away from him. Due to her strong personality, she was able to very quickly pull herself together as compared to normal women.

She looked into the rainy sky and said bitterly, Back then my only desire was to become the Divine Sun Moon Cults Chief. In order to achieve that I plotted and killed countless people. I did not believe in retribution then because I was all by myself. I had no family or friends so should all fail I would only end up dying in my enemies hands. I would never complicate my loved ones in the things that I do.

Linghu Chong went up to Dongfang Bubai and patted her silently.

Dongfang Bubai looked at him and started laughing in tears, But even if you really dominate the martial arts world, at the end you will just be in a grave under the yellow earth. There are some situations that you just cannot control

The past is the past. The only way to can attain happiness is by completely forgetting about the past and look forward to the future, Linghu Chong said in a soft voice.

Dongfang Bubai wiped the tears off her eyes. Forget? How can I forget? My brother almost killed me and my sister is now deadhow can I forget it at all? she said, her voice was filled with coldness and hatred.

Linghu Chong responded, Fortunately your brother finally turned around and tried to save you from plunging into the bottom of the cliff. If it wasnt for him I wouldnt have enough time to save you. Such is life, when you gain something youll definitely lose something. There is no perfection. He was trying his best to comfort her and help her to put away her hatred.

Dongfang Bubai was speechless. She pursed her lips and gave Linghu Chong a stern look. Do you know who killed Yi Lin, she suddenly asked.

Linghu Chong did not hold back at all. He instantly replied and said, Yue Buqun. He would rather be truthful to her than to hide anything from her.

Dongfang Bubai clenched her fist as her anger swelled inside her heart. Yue Buqun? Yue Buqun? She turned towards a tree and shot her hand out, emitting a powerful energy blast from her palm.

A loud explosion went off. The tree completely broke into half.

Linghu Chong fixed his eyes at the broken tree and started pondering to himself. If Miss Dongfang decided to kill Master should I even try to stop her? Stopping her will most certainly affect our relationship." He suddenly recalled how Yue Buqun lied to him and said that Dongfang Bubai was dead. And how Yue Buqun had accused him of stealing the Art of Violet Twilight, and embezzling the Resisting Evil Sword manual. His heart swelled with disappointment and anger. "It was master who drew first blood. Someone like him dont deserve any sympathy. He should have expected his victims family to seek vengeance from him the moment he decided to take their lives. If he can kill a benevolent person like Abbess Diny Yi, who knows how many other innocent people have died in his hands? If getting rid of him can save thousands of other innocent lives then it might not be such a bad thing afterall

If you decide to seek vengeance I will not stop you. But I hope that you will not involve the other Huashan Sect apprentices. Theyre innocent, he said in a stern voice. Although he has cut all ties with the Huashan Sect but nothing will change the fact that he grew up in the sect. It was only Yue Buqun who did wrong not the other apprentices. Hence his crime should not implicate them.

Dongfang Bubai placed her hands in the back and turned around to look at him. I want to go to Hengshan to pay my respect to Yi Lin, she said in a stern but soft voice. Her heart was as calm as the sea. The hatred and violent temperament inside her suddenly vanished. Right at that moment, taking revenge was not her first priority. All she wanted to do was to go and see her sister. She was also taking Linghu Chong into consideration. Linghu Chong may have said that he doesn't mind if she kills Yue Buqun but deep in her heart she knew that he still had some sort of respect for the man to brought him up. Even if she were to take revenge she would not do it so openly, putting him in a difficult position.

Linghu Chong was having mixed emotions when he looked at Dongfang Bubai. He somehow could not seem to grasp what was in her mind. He suddenly felt as though she was a complete stranger to him. Linghu Chong, Linghu Chong, why do you even worry so much? The great wall wasnt build overnight. A true relationship also requires time to be strengthen, he thought with a grin.

After travelling for many days, the couple finally reached a small town not far away from Mount Hengshan. Feeling a little tired, they decided to take a rest at an inn before continuing their journey.

The entire street was cold and quiet that night. Dongfang Bubai sat on a roof drinking some wine from a small container. She was thinking about many things as she slowly drank the wine. Most importantly, she was worried about her brother, Yue Lingfeng. If Ren Woxing finds out that Lingfeng is my brother he will not be merciful she knitted her brow and gazed into the moon above her. I might have to make a trip to Dark Wood Cliff to see if he is okay.that lass Ren Yingying cannot be trusted.

Why are drinking wine without even calling me? a voice suddenly said.

Dongfang Bubai could recognize that the voice was Linghu Chongs. She turned her head toward the direction where the voice was coming from. I saw that you were snoring in the room so I decided not to disturb you, she said with a smile.

Linghu Chong sat down on the roof right next to her. He reached out for the wine container and poured some wine down his throat. Excellent wine! he said cheerily.

For an alcoholic, any wine will be a good wine, she mocked with a smirk.

Linghu Chong returned the container to her. Not really. According to a wine expert the best kind of wine is the one where u share with the person whom you love, he retorted with a grin.

Dongfang Bubai couldnt help but to laugh. Youre really a sweet talker. I admit defeat, she responded with a chuckle.

Linghu Chong looked at her arrogantly and said, Thats for sure. Other than martial arts Im better than you in everything else.

Dongfang Bubai covered her mouth chuckling away. Really? How about this? Ill challenge you to fly a kite. Whoever that can fly the kite the highest wins, she said with a cold grin.

Linghu Chong folded his arms and looked away. You know very well that even if I can win Ill most definitely do whatever it takes to lose. It means more to me to see you being happy, he said softly. He was so worried about her after telling her about Yi Lins passing that he would do anything to make her smile, hoping that it would lessen her sorrow.

Dongfang Bubai took another sip of wine and then said with a grin, Looks like Dongfang Bubai finally lost to Linghu Chong. That might not be such a bad idea after all.

Linghu Chong then noticed an elderly couple selling tofu pudding across the road. Hey, do you think that we will be like the grandpa and granny down there when we get old? he said, chuckling away.

Dongfang Bubai took a quick glance at the elderly couple.

The old man pulled a basecoat out from a drawer of the stand and placed it over the old ladys back. Its getting cold out here. This should keep you warm a little, he said with a smile.

The old lady looked at the old man with a smile. If you had listen to me earlier we wouldnt have to stand out here and freeze ourselves. Told you that there wont be anyone who will come and buy tofu pudding from us under such cold weather, she grumbled.

The old man sigh and said, Poor grandson lost his parents at such a young age. I must make sure that we earn enough money to provide him with enough food and shelter. Hes our treasure.

The old lady patted him. I knowI know. Thats the reason why I came with you. I wont let you stand out here freezing alone. If you need to freeze, Ill freeze with you, she said smilingly.

Dongfang Bubai looked back at Linghu Chong with a smirk. Youre not thinking that Ill will stay out in the cold like the granny to sell tofu pudding with you right? I wouldnt be so silly.

Linghu Chong retorted, Fine! You can stay at home and relax while I stand out here to sell tofu pudding to earn a living for us and our kids.

Our kids? Dongfang Bubai stared at him in a slight shock.

Linghu Chong nodded and said playfully, Sooner or later we will need to get married and have kids. You have already castrated my decoy so he would most definitely not be able to bear kids with you. Im the only person you have left.

Dongfang Bubai turned her head away with a faint smile. Isnt it a little too early think about all this? Dont forget that youre going to be the leader of a nunnery soon. They might require you to castrate yourself before taking on the position.

This time it was Linghu Chong who stared at her in shock. That cant be possible? If I need to castrate to become the leader Im going to just pass the leadership to Ener! he snorted disgustingly.

Dongfang Bubai started laughing coldly. I can already imagine what will happen to the nunnery the moment Junior Martial Sister takes over. The entire nunnery will close shop and all the nuns would end up returning to the secular world and become disciples of the Five Deities Cult. When that happens Ding Yi is going to haunt you in your sleep every night. So you better think properly before you make any decision, she continued mocking him.

Seeing that he would not be able to win her this time, he decided to change the topic and said, Its getting colder out here. Lets go and give some support to the grandpa and granny and drink some warm tofu pudding.

Dongfang Bubai grabbed him by the arm and soared into the air. She gracefully soared in the air towards the stall, just like the time they flew around the Hengyang City after he received the medical treatment.

Linghu Chong looked at her with a wide smile, recalling the night they drank wine together for the first time. Though it was so long ago but he felt as if it was just yesterday.

The couple set their feet down at an unoccupied table. Dongfang Bubai looked over her shoulder at the stall owner. Grandpa, bring us two bowl of tofu pudding quick, she said loudly.

The old man nodded with a smile, Coming right up!

Linghu Chong wiped the dust off a stool and invited Dongfang Bubai to seat.

Dongfang Bubai just smiled.

The old lady placed two bowls of tofu pudding on the table. Enjoy your meal, sir and miss.

Linghu Chong handed a piece of silver nugget to the old lady. There you go granny. This should be enough for you to go home earlier, he said smilingly.

The old lady held the silver nugget in her hands and bowed at him repeatedly. Thank you so much sir.thank you so much she said happily. She ran back to the stand and showed the old man the silver nugget that she has just received.

The old man went up to Linghu Chong to thank him once more.

Enough! Its freezing cold out here. Bring your wife home and get some rest, Dongfang Bubai said in her usual cold voice.

The old man nodded, Enjoy the pudding. Were leaving now.

Linghu Chong scooped some tofu pudding with a spoon, blew on it and then placed it in front of Dongfang Bubais mouth. Here, it should not be that hot anymore, he said with a wide smile.

Dongfang Bubai chuckled, You really enjoy feeding me dont you? After finishing her words, she opened her mouth and gulped the pudding down her throat.

Suddenly, the couple heard footsteps coming from the left and right. Linghu Chong lifted up the bowl and poured the remaining tofu pudding down his throat. Now that was excellent! he exclaimed.

Dongfang Bubai took a quick glance to the left and right. It was two groups of masked men armed with swords charging towards them. Theyre from the Divine Sun Moon Cult, she whispered.

You leave first. Ill handle them, Linghu Chong said, reaching for the handle of his sword.

Dongfang Bubai declined, You exhausted a lot of inner energy to treat my injury. You should be the one leaving first. Ill deal with them.

Linghu Chong shook his head and held her right hand. We live and die together. Linghu Chong wont abandon you ever again, he said passionately.

Dongfang Bubai nodded and said, Ill take those on the left. After finishing her words, she leaped into the air and shot her hand out and sent a flurry of needles at the masked men.

The needles burst through the air at an unimaginable speed and pierced through the masked mens foreheads.

Linghu Chong drew his sword out from the scabbard and darted towards the masked men. He circled his sword and slashed the masked men in the throat one after another in a flash. His attack was so fast they never had the chance to block or retaliate.

Another group of masked men armed with bows and arrows appeared on the roof. Holy Maiden has ordered that whoever brings Linghu Chong and Dongfang Bubais heads back to her will be rewarded! one of them shouted.

Divine Sun Moon Cult is victorious in every battle! The Holy Maiden is just and wise! Unifying the martial arts world for a thousand autumns! the other masked men responded together.

Dongfang Bubai glared at them fiercely. I did not come and bother you idiots but you idiots had the nerve to come and bother me? Very well, lets see how competent you are.

The masked men started firing arrows at Linghu Chong and Dongfang Bubai together.

Linghu Chong lifted up his sword deflecting the arrows coming towards him. After deflecting the eight arrow, he felt a sudden discomfort in his stomach and threw up some blood from his mouth. An incoming arrow penetrated the front of his shoulder and exited through his back.

Linghu Chong! Dongfang Bubai looked at Linghu Chong in shock. She hastily waved her sleeve and unleashed a strong gust of wind at the arrows, sending it back to the masked men.

The masked men let out a cry of pain and collapsed to the ground.

She grabbed Linghu Chong by the arm and propped him by shoulder. Linghu Chong! Are you alright? she asked worriedly.

Linghu Chong slowly lifted up his head to look at her. The tofu pudding was contaminated with poison he whispered.

Dongfang Bubai! We meet again! a loud voice suddenly said.

Xiang Wentian and six other masked men somersaulted in the air three times and landed in front of the couple.

Dongfang Bubai knitted her brow and glared at Xiang Wentian coldly. Left Emissary Xiang, how does it feel like to be under Ren Woxing again? Too bad he is blind now. That must have been hard for him, she said, laughing coldly.

Xiang Wentian drew a long sword from his waist. Not to worry once Ive killed you I will be promoted to Deputy Chief! he retorted.

I cant be a burden to her right now! Linghu Chong thought in anger. He began circulating his inner energy to prevent the poison from spreading to the other parts of his organs.

Dongfang Bubai while carrying Linghu Chong on her back darted towards Xiang Wentian and started attacking him. She dodged six successive thrusts and subsequently thrusts her palm at Xiang Wentians chest. The palm strike was executed with very minimal inner strength as she was still recovering from her internal injury but it was enough to send Xiang Wentian flying backwards into the air.

The six masked men brandished their swords dangerously as they ran around Dongfang Bubai in a circle.

Dongfang Bubai looked over her shoulder at Linghu Chong. Linghu Chong! Hang on! Ill dispel the body from your body real soon! She then whirled into the air and simultaneously sent a flurry of shadowless needles straight into the masked mens throat.

The masked men fell onto their backs and died.

Xiang Wentian returned to his feet gazing at Dongfang Bubai. Though this woman has not recovered from her injury but her martial art skills are still extraordinary. If I fail to kill her I will probably end up getting killed when I return to the cliff. Looks like Ive to take a gamble, he thought distressingly.

He then thrust his long sword forward and darted towards Dongfang Bubai hastily.

Dongfang Bubai heard the light and rapid footsteps coming behind her. She instantly turned around and darted towards Xiang Wentian, with her palm aimed at his long sword. Her palm discharged a powerful surge of energy as it collided against the edge of the long sword, breaking into pieces and subsequently strike Xiang Wentian in the chest.

Just as Xiang Wentian was about to fly backwards into the air, Linghu Chong suddenly shot his hand out and slammed his palm onto Xiang Wentians head.

Xiang Wentian threw up some blood from his mouth and felt his inner energy flowing out from his body rapidly. Art of Star Absorption? he cried out in shock.

Dongfang Bubai remained in her position and waited for Linghu Chong to finish absorbing Xiang Wentians inner energy. Where did he learn the Art of Star Absorption from? she thought surprisingly.

Xiang Wentian started to feel numb all over his body. Before he knew it, all the inner energy inside his body had been completely drained out.

Linghu Chong finally retracted his hand and dropped his head onto Dongfang Bubais shoulder right unconscious.

Xiang Wentian slumped to the ground like a dead fish with his eyes wide open.

Linghu Chong! Linghu Chong! Dongfang Bubai screamed hysterically. She quickly flew into the air and went to look for a quiet place to treat his injury.

Dongfang Bubai found an abandoned temple outside the town limits and brought Linghu Chong there to for shelter. She used her index finger and middle finger to seal one of Linghu Chongs acupoints before pulling the arrow out from his shoulder. This was to stop the bleeding. She then placed her fingers onto Linghu Chongs wrist to check his pulse. She raised her brows and let out a sigh of relieve, His life is not in danger. He has also completely recovered from his internal injury. This is really great. Since its only the Black Blood Poison that he consumed, all I need to do is feed him with the antidote.

She pulled a small bottle out from her pocket, opened up the lid and poured a small capsule into her hand. Those idiots have probably forgotten that it was me who formulated the Black Blood Poison, she said with a smirk. She slowly opened up Linghu Chongs mouth popped the pill inside.

Afterwards, she sat behind Linghu Chong and transferred her inner energy into Linghu Chongs body to help him regain conscious.

The sun had risen. Linghu Chong slowly opened his eyes and noticed Dongfang Bubai wrapping her hands around him with her head resting on his shoulder. He slowly extended his hand and gently combed his fingers through Dongfang Bubais hair. Just like old times. She saved my life and kept me warm, he thought with a wide smile.

Dongfang Bubai woke up the moment she felt the fingers combing her hair. She opened her eyes and looked at Linghu Chong delightedly. Youre awake, she said with a smile.

Linghu Chong sighed and said, I should have just stayed still. Now I cant admire your beautiful sleeping face of yours anymore.

Dongfang Bubai extended her hand and lightly pinched Linghu Chongs cheek. You almost died back there and you can still talk nonsense, she scolded him.

She slowly pulled herself up from the ground, pulled the basecoat off him and put it back on. She then held him by the arm and slowly helped him up. How are you feeling? she asked in a soft voice.

The moment I opened my eyes and saw you the pain was completely gone, Linghu Chong replied with a grin.

Dongfang Bubai looked away and smiled faintly. Those useless fools should have poisoned you with some mute poison instead of Black Blood Poison. That way you wont be able to talk anymore nonsense.

Linghu Chong smiled bashfully, If I become mute youve to join me too otherwise we wont be able to become the perfect couple.

You better stop or I am going to hit you, Dongfang Bubai smirked as she lightly swung her hand upwards and strike him in the chest. Though the strike was very light but the force behind it was enough to send Linghu Chong flying backwards.

Linghu Chong knocked against a wall and fell on his solar plexus. He placed his hand onto his chest and let out a cry of pain.

Dongfang Bubai panicked and quickly ran over to take a look at him. Linghu Chong, are you alright? she asked softly.

Linghu Chong glared at her angrily. How cruel of you to hit me when Im already hurt! he said loudly.

Dongfang Bubai pursed her lips and replied softly, Im sorry. It wasnt on purpose. Let me help you up. She held him by the arms and slowly helped him up.

Linghu Chong hummed angrily and continued, Why do you always hit so hard? What have you been eating? How come youve so much strength?!

Dongfang Bubai was not used to being shouted at, even if it was the man whom she loved. She knitted her brows and retorted angrily, I already said that Im sorry.

Then tell me what have you been eating?! Linghu Chong asked loudly.

Dongfang Bubai decided to ignore him. She held onto his hand and slowly walked him out of the abandon temple with a long face.
    Last edited by Dongfang Xue; 07-05-14 at 02:29 PM.

By now, shouldn't DFBB asks LHC where he had learned the Art of Star Absorption from, and that he had better teach it to her. LHC tells her the story of how he learnt it.. But LHC also demands that she must teach him the martial arts from the Sunflower manual in return. But she just smiles and says mysteriously, of course I will, but it's just that the first step is the hardest and I don't think you can completed it. But, if you hand your sword over to me, I'll help you complete this most difficult step.... the rest is a cinch to learn...

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    By now, shouldn't DFBB asks LHC where he had learned the Art of Star Absorption from, and that he had better teach it to her. LHC tells her the story of how he learnt it.. But LHC also demands that she must teach him the martial arts from the Sunflower manual in return. But she just smiles and says mysteriously, of course I will, but it's just that the first step is the hardest and I don't think you can completed it. But, if you hand your sword over to me, I'll help you complete this most difficult step.... the rest is a cinch to learn...
    That part of where he learned the art of star absorption will be revealed in the next chapter. LHC isn't going to ask her to teach him the Sunflower Scripture. They are going to create their own swordplay instead

LHC should just castrate himself and learn the Sunflower manual. Together with his gugu 9 swords he is going to be number 1. I doubt the star whatever is that great. RWX died of chronic because of learning it and DFBB knows the flaws so she won't be that stupid to learn it.

I like how LHC was trying his best to comfort DFBB when he told her about yilin though.
    Last edited by Whirlwind; 07-05-14 at 11:35 AM.

I wonder what will happen later when DFBB meets her little brother, and asks why are you dressed in a flowery gown and that fragrant powder on your face, and the perfume you are using, and... and... the way you move your fingers while talking... You look just like my master... afterwards, a few years later, he abruptly left the cult with a pretty-faced ordinary Cult foot-soldier. This must once again be heaven's retribution on me, DFBB thought deeply... while LHC asked his martial brother, "What the hell is wrong with you martial brother Yue, dressing yourself as a women? LHC grabbed his love by the hand and says, "Hey love, do you remember the first time we met? Your bro is dressed and his mannerism is exactly like you at the brothel." "Your bro now looks almost as sexy as you do... This must run in the family," he jokingly says aloud for everyone to hear. RYY just clenched her fist in anger, staring at LHC. While Yue Ling Feng started reaching for his sword, with eyes staring at LHC with hate and indignation, while DFBB gave his love a viscous stare, but LHC had a stupidly shocked expression, not knowing what he had said wrong to offend BOTH his friends and enemies... Hehehe

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dongfang Xue View Post
    That part of where he learned the art of star absorption will be revealed in the next chapter. LHC isn't going to ask her to teach him the Sunflower Scripture. They are going to create their own swordplay instead
    Sounds cool. Dugu 9 swords supreme technique coupled with Sunflower Scriptures supernatural speed would be quite devastating. But how are you going to get round the castration thing? A man can only achieve Sunflower's speed by making the sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind View Post
    LHC should just castrate himself and learn the Sunflower manual. Together with his gugu 9 swords he is going to be number 1. I doubt the star whatever is that great. RWX died of chronic because of learning it and DFBB knows the flaws so she won't be that stupid to learn it.

I like how LHC was trying his best to comfort DFBB when he told her about yilin though.
    Thanks for the compliments. Yeah DFBB knows the flaws of Star Absorption. If it wasn't for the flaws in it she wouldn't have been able to snatch the leadership from RWX