Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Swordsman (笑傲江湖小说)

Any new updates coming this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhawk View Post
    Any new updates coming this week?
    Sorry Silverhawk been busy with work lately. I'll get to it soon.

Dongfan Xue I just started reading this amazing story and finally caught up after two days of diligently reading this awesome story. But my biggest concern is Linghu Chong ever going to learn his lesson and stop being so gullible, because at this point I want something to happen to him that makes him realize the world isn't fair and he grows up a bit. But hey that's just me regardless I'm truly enjoying the plot/ how all of the characters interact with one another. PLEASE Linghu Chong stop trying to act like you're the most righteous man in the whole world trying to help/save everyone, because you will only hurt yourself more. I realize that if he did in fact did change it would go against his core beliefs/morals, but the number of times I have FACE-PALMED over his "righteousness" gave me a slight headache (since most of these situations didn't even involve him, but he butted in anyways).

P.S. sorry about the rant just had some stuff I wanted to get off my chest (don't want to sound ungrateful since I am reading this for free), regardless it is indeed a great story, and many thanks again Dongfan Xue .
    Last edited by Chen Qingzhi; 08-09-14 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chen Qingzhi View Post
    Dongfan Xue I just started reading this amazing story and finally caught up after two days of diligently reading this awesome story. But my biggest concern is Linghu Chong ever going to learn his lesson and stop being so gullible, because at this point I want something to happen to him that makes him realize the world isn't fair and he grows up a bit. But hey that's just me regardless I'm truly enjoying the plot/ how all of the characters interact with one another. PLEASE Linghu Chong stop trying to act like you're the most righteous man in the whole world trying to help/save everyone, because you will only hurt yourself more. I relize that if he did in fact did chage it would go against his core beliefs/morals, but the number of times I have FACE-PALMED over his "righteousness" gave me a slight headache (since most of these situations didn't even involve him, but he butted in anyways).

P.S. sorry about the rant just had some stuff I wanted to get off my chest (don't want to sound ungrateful since I am reading this for free), regardless it is indeed a great story, and many thanks again Dongfan Xue .
    I think most JY protagonist other than YG are quite naive. Huang Yi's protagonist are perhaps more realistic?

Chen Qingzhi thanks for reading.

LHC is supposedly cheerful, carefree, impulsive, righteous, loyal and unassuming. Revamping his personality to impulsive, skeptical, indifferent could be interesting though

Anyone remembers this scene? For a moment I thought she was going to kiss him from behind

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i58.tinypic.com/16hw7qs.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Dongfang Xue View Post
    Sorry Silverhawk been busy with work lately. I'll get to it soon.
    Chapter 41 now. Hope you can post soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Avidfan View Post
    Chapter 41 now. Hope you can post soon!
    Hi Avidfan! I'll try to get it up by this week

Hi Dongfang Xue. I FINALLY caught up with your chapters! (One fanfic novel down, AMO1 and AMO2 to go LOL...) I'm excited for the next ch. but take your time to write though. No hurry. You, Advidfan, and other authors keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Hi Dongfang Xue. I FINALLY caught up with your chapters! (One fanfic novel down, AMO1 and AMO2 to go LOL...) I'm excited for the next ch. but take your time to write though. No hurry. You, Advidfan, and other authors keep up the good work.
    Thanks for reading my scribbling skoo78. Been busy with real life but I have not stop writhing

Default Chapter 42

Standing at the top of the stone steps facing the courtyard, Linghu Chong narrowed his eyes as he watched the junior nuns practicing their sword moves while his heart was somewhere else. Something was troubling him. Perhaps it had something to do with the red piece of invitation card in his hand.

Dongfang Bubai stepped out of a room and walked straight towards Linghu Chong, carrying her usual air of authority. As she got closer to Linghu Chong, she noticed the troubled expression from the side of his face. She bent her head and looked at the red piece of invitation card in Linghu Chongs hand, behind his back.

Someone of Dongfang Bubais intelligence didnt need to ask Linghu Chong what was the contents of the invitation card. She knew that there were only two people under heaven that could affect Linghu Chongs mood. She was of course one of them.

Drunkard! Stop day dreaming! Youre a headmaster now! Dongfang Bubai grunted while smacking Linghu Chong in the back abruptly.

Linghu Chong was startled. He instantly broke out of his thoughts and frowned at Dongfang Bubai. Baier, its unwise for a woman to sneak in on a man like that, he snorted dipleasingly.

Dongfang Bubai turned away and retorted with a smirk, Youre already my man now therefore I can do whatever a want with you.

Linghu Chong made at face at her and subsequently turned his head to look back at the junior nuns. Once a woman gets married she has to comply with her man no matter what, he retorted.

Dongfang Bubai shifted her eyes towards Linghu Chong, staring at him in disbelief. Headmaster Linghu, in case youre unaware, were not married yet. Even if we do, I, Dongfang Bubai will not submit to you as you plead, she said sharply.

Linghu Chong hummed displeasingly, Chief Dongfang, this is not Dark Wood Cliff. So as long as youre here, youll have to listen to me.

Dongfang Bubai stepped forward and flashed a wide smile across her face. Really? If you can beat me in a fight I may consider about it, she asserted.

Sure! Linghu Chong tucked the red invitation card into his chest pocket and replied courageously.

After learning the arts of Nine Yin Manual and having a better understanding of the Dugu 9 Swords, Linghu Chong was confident that he had an edge over Dongfang Bubai, at least he thought he did.

The two of them leapt off the steps and flipped towards the courtyard simultaneously.

The junior nuns immediately stepped aside and made way for their headmaster and Dongfang Bubai in excitement. They have all heard about Dongfang Bubais formidable martial art skills but has never seen it. Today they were finally able to witness Dongfang Bubais extraordinary skills.

Linghu Chong extended his hand out, emitted a beam of light at a blade of a sword in a junior nuns hand and pulled it towards his hand.

Dongfang Bubai didnt need a sword. Hence, she got into her fighting pose and flashed a sweet smile at Linghu Chong.

A sudden aura emitted by Dongfang Bubai and Linghu Chong started whirling in the air intensely.

In a blink of an eyes, a fraction of a second, the two of them dashed forward and started exchanging forceful moves.

Linghu Chongs sword flickered as he swept his hand out, executing a horizontal slash at his opponent. It was executed with much speed and force.

Dongfang Bubai remained in her position and made no attempt to dodge. Instead, she drew a needle from her girdle and thrust it straight at the incoming sword. The needle point pricked the edge of Linghu Chongs sword and held it still.

Linghu Chong gazed at Dongfang Bubai with beam. He instantly retracted his sword and went on to slash his sword vertically at Dongfang Bubais head.

Dongfang Bubai effortlessly swept her right hand upwards, parrying the incoming sword edge with the needle in her hand. She subsequently shot her left hand out and emitteda blast of wind at Linghu Chong from her palm.

Linghu Chong shuddered as his body flew backwards.

The junior nuns felt a cold shiver down their spins as they watched Dongfang Bubais remarkable moves. No matter how fast Linghu Chongs moves were, Dongfang Bubai was still able to counter it very easily. They couldnt help but to agree that Dongfang Bubai was indeed under heavens number one fighter.

The two of them continued exchanging another two hundred moves. Linghu Chong remained in his aggressive stance, using every possible sword moves from the Dugu 9 Swords against his opponent. No matter how hard he fought, he was still unable to gain any advantage over Dongfang Bubai. Each time he found an opening in Dongfang Bubais defense line, Dongfang Bubai would instantly close the gap with her unimaginable speed. Her movements were simply formless and unfathomable, like Feng Qingyang once said.

The two of them leapt into the air and exchanged the three hundred and forty eighth move with no apparent winner. Dongfang Bubai was having so much fun that she intentionally slowed down her pace just so that she would be in sync with Linghu Chongs moves. She also made sure that her moves were light enough to counter Linghu Chongs attacks without forcing him into defeat. She wanted make use of this opportunity for Linghu Chong to vent out whatever frustration that was in his mind.

Being careless and carefree, Linghu Chong of course didnt realize this at all. All he had in his mind was to break into Dongfang Bubais defense line and win the duel. After finish executing his four hundredth move, he moved his foot to the back and lightly leapt several steps back. He was starting to feel exhausted.

Dongfang Bubai folded her right hand behind her back and glanced at Linghu Chong with a cold smile. Headmaster Linghu, whats wrong? Were not done yet, she mocked.

Linghu Chong got down on his left knee and gasped, Well have to do this some other time. I admit defeat this time round. He was left with no other choice. Exhaust all his inner strength on a duel that his would never be able to win was unwise, he knew it better than anyone else.

Dongfang Bubai grimaced, Thats no fun.

Two junior nuns ran towards Linghu Chong and propped by his shoulders.

Headmaster, are you alright? one of them asked with concern.

Linghu Chong nodded his head sluggishly.

Since your headmaster is too tired to carry on with your lessons, Ill have no choice but to teach you on his behalf, Dongfang Bubai said in a cold and authoritative voice.

The nuns looked at Dongfang Bubai with full excitement.

Really? Miss Dongfang is willing to teach us your formidable moves?

Linghu Chong sat down on a chair and beamed, Baiers martial arts is the greatest in the entire wulin. If you can get some pointers from her, you will definitely gain immeasurable benefits.

The junior nuns covered their right fists with their left palms as they bowed to Dongfang Bubai. We thank Miss Dongfang for her generosity, they said together.

Dongfang Bubai extended her hand out, flashed a beam of light at the sword lying on the floor and pulled it to her grip. Very well. Ill give you some pointers then, she said indifferently.

The junior nuns stood at the side of the courtyard with their eyes fixed on Dongfang Bubai, as they listened to her attentively.

Dongfang Bubai clasped her hands behind her back as she stepped into the middle of the courtyard, proudly. Every school has its own proficient moves. Unfortunately, not every master understands that moves are static while the one executing the moves are alive. No matter how exquisite a move is, there would always be a counter move. No matter how proficient your sword moves are, the moment you meet an expert he would still be able to overcome every single one of them. Adhering to formalities without being lively is the greatest losing factor in a duel, she explained.

Linghu Chongs heart skipped a beat as he listened to Dongfang Bubai. Those were the exact words Grand Martial Uncle Feng once told me. How did she know about it? he thought in surprise.

Miss Dongfang, how can we be lively in our moves and not get countered? a junior nun asked.

Dongfang Bubai shot a glance at the junior nun and said, Executing your sword moves by adding your own lively elements. Slash when you have to slash and thrust when you have to thrust. Adding adaptations to your swordplay is the true essence sword arts. Even though there is no such posture in a move, you can always adapt to the flow and make it convenient to yourself.

The junior nuns looked at each other as Dongfang Bubais words struck their ears like a bell and woke them up.

Dongfang Bubai nodded, You all saw how I fought against your Headmaster Linghu earlier. No matter how brilliant and exquisite his sword moves were, I was still able to counter it. She paused for a moment and glance at Linghu Chong mischievously, In fact I was holding back my attacks the whole time just so that I wouldnt hurt him.

Linghu Chong knew about that but he wouldnt just let her have the last word. I was holding back too. Which is why our duel lasted so long, he smirked.

Why dont the two of you exchange a few moves with me without holding back! a loud hoarse voice suddenly said.

Gu Santong flipped in the air several times and landed at the courtyard.

Dongfang Bubai turned her back on Gu Santong. Little Gu, you are seeking for death arent you? she asked coldly.

Gu Santong grinned, Nope. My hands are just itching for a fight.

Very well.

The moment Dongfang Bubai finished saying the word well, she swept her hand backwards in an arc, slashing the sword in her hand horizontally at Gu Santoings head.

Gu Santong let out a cry in shock and instantly ducked the attack. The sword edge swept over his head and merely missed him by a few inches.

Dongfang Bubai lunged forward and thrust the sword straight at Gu Santongs heart.

By the time Gu Santong saw the sword point coming, it was already too late to retaliate. He instantly shifted his body sideways to dodge the attack.

As the duel went on, Dongfang Bubais attacks became faster and faster. Gu Santong was struggling to keep up the pace and was forced to go into a defensive approach. Making a quick jump into the air, Gu Santong evaded a lighting fast thrust in relief.

Linghu Chong furrowed his brows and rubbed his chin as he looked at Dongfang Bubais moves. How come that move looks so familiar? he thought.

While leaping backwards in the air, Gu Santong shot both his palms out and emitted a blast of wind at Dongfang Bubai.

Dongfang Bubai swept her hand out in an arc. The steel of her sword emitted a wave of energy that cut through wind like a knife dispelled it into the air.

Energy Defeating Stance? Linghu Chong uttered a cry of shock.

Dongfang Bubai flew around Gu Santong in a circle, slashing the sword down at him from different directions. Her movements were so fast that it looked as though there were twenty Dongfang Bubais attacking him all at the same time.

Before anyone knew it, the tip of the sword was pointed at Gu Santongs throat.

Gu Santong stared at the sword steel with his eyes wide open. Quickly composing himself, he took several steps back and sighed in relief. Extraordinary! Extraordinary! he shouted in joy. Little lass! Youre indeed under heavens number one! The combination of Sunflower Divine Arts and Dugu 9 Swords in indeed powerful!

Linghu Chong jumped out from his seat and strode towards Dongfang Bubai hurriedly. When was it that you learned the Dugu 9 Swords? he asked puzzlingly.

Dongfang Bubai turned her head and looked at awkwardly. Those moves are called Dugu 9 Swords? I didnt know it has a name, she chuckled.

Linghu Chong hummed condescendingly, Someone must have secretly learned the Dugu 9 Swords moves from me.

Dongfang Bubai shot a sideways glance at Linghu Chong, flashing a grin across her face. After exchanging moves with him for so many times and due to her innate capabilities, it was no surprising that she picked up the Dugu 9 Swords moves from him.

Fun is over. Now tell us, what is troubling you? she asked in a stern voice.

Linghu Chong furrowed his brow staring at Dongfang Bubai. You know me so well?

Dongfang Bubai clasped her hands behind her back and turned away. It does not take a genius to figure out that something is troubling our great Head Master Linghu.

Gu Santong ran toward Linghu Chong and gazed at him, Little Brother, if you have any problems please let me know. I will take it upon myself to chop anyone who bullies you into a thousand pieces.

Linghu Chong knew that Gu Santong was pulling his legs when he said that he would chop anyone who bullied him. He reluctantly pulled the invitation card out from his chest pocket and hurled it at Dongfang Bubai.

Dongfang Bubai effortlessly shot her hand out. Her palm projected a flash of light at the invitation card and pulled it toward her.

Youve been invited to Yue Lingshans wedding? Ill accompany you to the wedding, she said with a cold grin.

Linghu Chongs heart immediately skip a beat. He had a strong feeling that Dongfang Bubai was up to something. Youre not going to take this opportunity to turn the wedding into a funeral are you? he asked nervously.

It would be inauspicious to cause blood spill on someones wedding. Ive other plans, Dongfang Bubai responded and started to walk away.

============

Red lanterns were hung high on Mount Hua that morning. The members of the Mount Hua Sect were in fact celebrating Yue Lingshan and Lin Pingzhis wedding. Most of the guests were members of unknown orthodox sects and relatives of Lin Pingzhi. Not a single member of the Five Mountain Sword Sects Alliance came to attend the ceremony.

Yue Buqun and Ning Zhongze were happily sitting on the dais waiting for the newlywed to serve them tea.

Moments later, Lin Pingzhi and Yue Lingshan clad in red gowns stepped into the main hall.

Everyone inside the main hall gave the newlywed couple a loud round of applause.

Divine Sun Moon Cults Chief Dongfang has arrived! a loud and clear voice suddenly announced.

Yue Buqun turned his head and looked toward the doors astonishingly.

Eight masked men clad in black capes led Yue Lingfeng into the main hall.

Its you.? Yue Buqun uttered in shock.

Yue Lingfeng walked passed the newlywed couple and stood below the dais. He cupped his hands and bowed to Ning Zhongze.

Fenger pays respect to Adopted Mother, he said courteously.

Yue Buqun rose from his seat and took a step forward. Evil demon! How dare you come to our honorable school!

Yue Lingfeng grinned, Head Master Yue, today is my adopted sisters big day. How could I not come?

After finishing his words, he turned around and walked toward the newlywed couple.

Lingshan, I wish you and Pingzhi eternal happiness, he said coldly.

Yue Lingshan and Lin Pingzhi bowed to Yue Lingfeng courteously.

Evil demon! Since its Shaners wedding today I will refrain myself from taking your pitiful life. We will settle our score another time, Yue Buqun said sternly.

Yue Lingfeng knitted his brow as he stared at Yue Buqun. Head Master Yue, did you catch a cold? You sound different today. Or should I say you sound more feminine today, he chuckled.

Yue Buqun clenched his fist tightly. Stop talking nonsenses! he snapped.

Yue Lingfeng folded his arms and retorted condescendingly, I guess you finally got your hands on Lin Familys Resisting Evil Swordplay manual and castrated yourself to learn the skills inside.

Lin Pingzhi gazed at Yue Lingfeng in shock. How did he know about the Resisting Evil Swordplays secrets?

Yue Buqun leaped off from the dais and sprang toward Yue Lingfeng fumingly.

Yue Lingfeng remained still in his position calmly, waiting for Yue Buqun to make his move.

Yue Buqun swept his hand out and stabbed Yue Lingfengs chest with his index and middle fingers.

Yue Lingfeng sent his palm toward Yue Buqun blocked the attack.

The moment Yue Buquns fingers struck Yue Lingfengs palm, he felt his inner energy flowing out from his body rapidly.

Art of Star Absorption Yue Buqun uttered in fear.

Yue Lingfeng laughed coldly, Looks like its a little too late to worry now, Hypocrite Sword.

Yue Buqun tried to retract his hand numerous times but failed. The force coming from Yue Lingfengs palm was just too great for him to back off.

Suddenly, a flash of light shot through the air and went straight toward them. It was travelling so fast that other than Yue Lingfeng, no one else saw it coming.

Yue Lingfeng hesitantly pulled back his palm and took several steps back.

Yue Buqun flipped backward and made his way back to the dais.

Everyone inside the main hall looked at each other in surprise, wondering what was going on between Yue Buqun and Yue Lingfeng.

Fenger, its impolite to cause trouble when someone is in the midst of getting married, a clear and tender voice coming from the outside said.

Yue Buqun, Ning Zhongze, Yue Lingshan and Yue Lingfeng recognized the voice. They looked toward the direction of the voice with mix emotions.

Dongfang Bubai gracefully glided into the main hall.

Linghu Chong and Gu Santong arrived right after her.

Its Chonger Ning Zhongze murmured with smile. She was in fact delighted to see her favorite apprentices.

Linghu Chong bowed to Ning Zhongze with his hands cupped. Apprentice pays respect to Master Wife.

Yue Buqun quickly composed himself and said fiercely, Im not going to allow you two traitors to mess up my daughters wedding!

Yue Lingfeng and Linghu Chong stepped forward and said together, Since when did anyone allow the hypocrite to speak?

Yue Buqun started to panic. He knew that if the two of them were to join forces to fight him there was no way that he will be able to win. Furthermore, he had already lost some of his inner strength to Yue Lingfeng.

The main hall suddenly became completely silent.

Yue Buqun knitted his brow and stared at Linghu Chong and Yue Lingfeng menacingly. How am I going to chase them out of the school? he thought worriedly.

Linghu Chong, Dongfang Bubai and Yue Lingfeng fixed their eyes on Yue Buqun, staring at him coldly.

The guests standing inside the main hall felt a sudden strong murderous aura sweeping across the main hall.

End of Chapter 42

Thanks Dongfang Zue

Thanks for the updates

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Thanks for the latest chapter.

Looks like s few skeletons are coming out.

Thanks for the latest chapter.

Huashan is in for a lot of trouble it seems

Thanks for the updates!

I am definitely more interested in the updates of this story. Every other swordsman fiction is plain boring just saying

Waiting for the next exciting chapter

Hi Dfx! Looking forward to the next chapter soon

Where's this month's update?