Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Swordsman (笑傲江湖小说)

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Thanks for your continued work.

The Ying Ying in your story is much more interesting than the one in the 2013 series.

Look forward to seeing how other characters will develop.

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Thanks for the update & filling in the missing scenes of the TV series.

I heard that the reason is that most of the more popular "idol" actors/actrsses demand very stringent per episode & per minute:second payments in their contracts. If for example their screen time exceeds a certain number of min:sec in an episode, they are counted as an extra episode when payed by per episode... Hence the cutting of many important scenes...
    I'm going to try and fill in as many missing scenes as possible. Hope chapter 16 was a good read

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Thanks for your continued work.

The Ying Ying in your story is much more interesting than the one in the 2013 series.

Look forward to seeing how other characters will develop.
    Thanks for dropping your comments Mandred!

Hi Dongfang Xue,

The noticed slow & evolving relationship(s) between the characters were not particularly well developed in the TV series, unlike in the original book. Also in most of the TV adaptations, LHC is too much of a saint. He never changed. In the book, he evolved and became pragmatic and followed Feng Qing Yang's teachings to live life and use the sword like flowing water--do as one pleases and whatever one thinks is right and the hell with sect affiliations.

I remember LHC slaughtering & killing people from all sides when he befriended Xiang Wen Tian. He further slaughtered alot of people while helping the nuns... or mercilessly killing a dozen people for bullying Yue Ling Shan even though they surrendered. He even didn't mind his lover killing Shaoling and Kunlun disciples and further killing some more of them after a second confrontation. After spending a few months in prison and briefly knowing Ren Wo Xing & Xiang Wen Tian, LHC grew even more pragmatic in his thinking, he seemed to show no mercy to any of his enemies and killed without hesitation. It would be great if the series had followed a bit more of the ruthless spirit of the XAJH book. The 2001 series, altered many aspects of the original story but it followed the pragmatic violent side of Wuxia story telling. It did not try to sugar coat things or censor violent confrontations with animated special effects. I hope in this retelling, some of DFBB's ruthlessness rubs off onto LHC and he can "pragmatically" eliminate their enemies just as efficiently as DFBB.

Hi Dongfang Xue,

The noticed slow & evolving relationship(s) between the characters were not particularly well developed in the TV series, unlike in the original book. Also in most of the TV adaptations, LHC is too much of a saint. He never changed. In the book, he evolved and became pragmatic and followed Feng Qing Yang's teachings to live life and use the sword like flowing water--do as one pleases and whatever one thinks is right and the hell with sect affiliations.

I remember LHC slaughtering & killing people from all sides when he befriended Xiang Wen Tian. He further slaughtered alot of people while helping the nuns... or mercilessly killing a dozen people for bullying Yue Ling Shan even though they surrendered. He even didn't mind his lover killing Shaoling and Kunlun disciples and further killing some more of them after a second confrontation. After spending a few months in prison and briefly knowing Ren Wo Xing & Xiang Wen Tian, LHC grew even more pragmatic in his thinking, he seemed to show no mercy to any of his enemies and killed without hesitation. It would be great if the series had followed a bit more of the ruthless spirit of the XAJH book. The 2001 series, altered many aspects of the original story but it followed the pragmatic violent side of Wuxia story telling. It did not try to sugar coat things or censor violent confrontations with animated special effects. I hope in this retelling, some of DFBB's ruthlessness rubs off onto LHC and he can "pragmatically" eliminate their enemies just as efficiently as DFBB.
    Actually the best JY hero would still be Yang Guo. There is no good or evil in him. He is also devoted to his lover. Perhaps Dongfang Xue can add some of Yang Guo's characteristic's into LHC. Getting married with DFBB in the shaolin temple in front of the monks without giving a damn would be refreshing too

I only want to see LHC KILL Ren Ying Ying with a single blow of his sword. She was such an animal in the recent series.

Default Chapter 16

After resting in bed for many days, Linghu Chong was finally feeling a little better and could at least move around. Feeling bored lazing around in his room he decided to go out and get some fresh air. He pressed his hand to his chest and slowly limped his way down the stone steps of the corridor.

Right at that moment, there was sound of swords clashing coming from the flower garden. Linghu Chong curiously walked toward the flower garden to see who was it practicing sword arts. To his disappointment, it was actually Yue Lingshan and Lin Pingzhi who were exchanging sword stance in the flower garden.

Lin Pingzhi waved his sword upward to fend off an attack and jumped two steps back. Senior Apprentice Sister! Watch this move! Lin Pingzhi said.

Yue Lingshan nodded with a smile, Bring it!

Lin Pingzhi dashed towards Yue Lingshan and slashed his sword vertically downwards.

Yue Lingshan took a step back as she raised her sword to block the oncoming attack.

Lin Pingzhi immediately shifted his arm and thrust his sword straight at Yue Lingshans face. His movement was so fast it took Yue Lingshan by surprise.

Yue Lingshan staggered backwards to evade the oncoming sword.

Lin Pingzhi raised his eyebrows and said, Senior Apprentice Sister! Why are you not blocking?

Yue Lingshan looked at him dumbfounded and said, Pull back your sword quick!

Lin Pingzhi shook his head, I cant seem to pull his back! I really cant!

Yue Lingshan quickly halted her steps, stepped to the side to evade the sword and subsequently lost her balance.

Just as she was about to fall to the ground, Lin Pingzhi reached out to grab her and pulled her close. He looked her in the eyes with a smile.

Yue Lingshan let out a sigh of relief as she lied in Lin Pingzhis arm. She looked up at him and retuned a smile.

Seeing how close they had become, Linghu Chong felt extremely disheartened. His eyes were filled with grief. He took a step back and sighed in pain.

Dongfang Bubai was standing at the corridor right behind him. She cast a glance at Yue Lingshan and Lin Pingzhi and then looked back at Linghu Chong. She could tell that Linghu Chong was upset to see the couple being so intimate.

Lin Pingzhi helped Yue Lingshan get back to her feet. How was that? I managed to catch you in time, he said with a smile.

Yue Lingshan smirked, Youre not allowed to do that again. Ill tell my father if you do this again.

Lin Pingzhi smiled and said, Really? Would you have the heart to do it?

Yue Lingshan leaned forward and rested her head on Lin Pingzhis shoulder affectionately without saying a word.

Linghu Chong stared at them in quiet despair.

Yue Lingshan then noticed Linghu Chong looking at her. She quickly pulled herself away from Lin Pingzhi felling awkward.

Linghu Chong stepped to the side and looked away speechlessly.

Yue Lingshan placed her sword behind her back and walker over to Linghu Chong with a smile on her face.

Dongfang Bubai simultaneously stepped away from the corridor and walked up to Linghu Chong.

Big Apprentice Brother, are you feeling better? Yue Lingshan asked with a smile.

Linghu Chong looked down on the ground not knowing what to say.

Dongfang Bubai interrupted and said in an affectionate voice, Linghu Chong! Why are you running all over the place?! I was looking for you to have a chat but couldnt find you. She then reached her hands out and gently held Linghu Chongs arm.

Yue Lingshan looked at Dongfang Bubai with her eyes wide open.

Linghu Chong looked at Dongfang Bubai awkwardly and noticed the expression on Yue Lingshans face. He immediately knew that Dongfang Bubai purposely pretended to be close to him to make Yue Lingshan feel jealous.

Dongfang Bubai hummed and said, These kids here are having some moments of affection. Why are you so concerned?

Linghu Chong kept his head down without saying a word.

Dongfang Bubai sighed affectionately and added, Dont you have me already?

Linghu Chong raised his eyebrows at Dongfang Bubai silently. It was one of those moments where he felt completely lost. He did not have the heart to tell Dongfang Bubai off and at the same time did not want his little apprentice sister to feel bitter.

Once you feel better Ill practice sword arts with you, okay? Dongfang Bubai said. She gently stroked his hair and continued, Ill be with you every day, okay?

Linghu Chong pursed his lips and remained silent.

Dongfang Bubai casted a side glance at Yue Lingshan and said, Your Big Apprentice Brother is bashful. From now on Ill be the one who decides what is best for him. She looked back at Linghu Chong and added, Once you have fully recovered the four of us can practice our sword arts together, okay?

Yue Lingshan just could not stand it anymore. She looked at Linghu Chong and said with a smile, Big Apprentice Brother, Ill go back to my room first.

Linghu Chong watched his little apprentice sister walk away with her head down. He could tell that Dongfang Bubai was successful in upsetting to her but did not like it. He pursed his lips and cast an annoyed glance at Dongfang Bubai.

Lin Pingzhi remained in his position looking at Linghu Chong and Dongfang Bubai enviously. Dongfang Bubai was in so many ways better than Yue Lingshan. She was much prettier and had better martial arts skills. He only wished that he had known her much earlier.

Linghu Chong looked at Dongfang Bubai and said, I need to talk to Junior Apprentice Brother Lin about something.

Dongfang Bubai took her hands off him with her eyes looking at him affectionately. Your wish is my command, she said in a soft voice. After that, she turned around and walked away with an air of elegance.

Lin Pingzhi walked up to Linghu Chong and said, Senior Apprentice Brother, me and little apprentice sister

Linghu Chong raised his hand and interrupted him, I just want to tell you your fathers last words to me before his death.

Lin Pingzhi replied eagerly, What were his last words?

Linghu Chong continued, He said that there is an item in your ancestral home in Fuzhou that you must protect it well. You are not to look at it as it will lead to a disastrous aftermath.

Lin Pingzhi knitted his brows and uttered, Ancestral home in Fuzhou? Its been so long since anyone has ever been there. What kind of thing would be so precious that no one is allowed to look at it?

Linghu Chong shook his head and said, I am not sure. He died before he could finish his words. After relaying the message, he turned to the right and walked away.

Lin Pingzhi propped his hands on his waist and fixed his eyes on the ground as he tried to figure out what item was his father talking about.

Yue Buqun placed his index and middle fingers on Linghu Chongs wrist examining his pulse.

Linghu Chong look at his master and said, Master, am I really incurable?

Yue Buqun took his fingers away and sighed, ChongEr, the different streams of inner energy inside your body is strange and ferocious. I am unable to cure you for now. I can only use my inner energy to suppress it and reduce your pain. However, from now on there will be six streams of inner energy accumulated inside your body. You dont have to worry. I will find a way to cure you.

Linghu Chong kneeled at his master and said, Master, youve exhausted so much inner energy because of me and cares so much for me. I die with no regrets.

Yue Buqun rose from his seat and helped him up, Get up first.

Linghu Chong bowed. Thank you, Master.

Yue Buqun placed his hands behind his back. Do you remember what I told you to remember when I first taught you martial arts?

Linghu Chong nodded and said, Learning martial arts is a long process and needs to be done one step at a time. Nothing can be achieved hastily.

Yue Buqun continued, Thats right. The worlds martial arts knowledge is broad and profound as well as diverse. If you become greedy and secretly learn the martial arts of other sects then you would suffer fire deviation and destroy your own life.

Linghu Chong replied, Disciple has never forgotten Masters teachings.

Yue Buqun glared at him and asked, Why dont you tell me what sword skills were you using against Chen Buqi the other day?

Linghu Chong was startled. Master, disciple did not use other sects sword arts, he explained.

Yue Buqun retorted, But it was not the sword arts that I taught you either.

Linghu Chong looked down and became silent. Since he promised Feng Qingyang that he would not tell anyone about learning sword arts from him there was no way he could reveal the truth to his master.

Yue Buqun patted Linghu Chongs shoulder and continued, ChongEr, everyone makes mistakes. But one needs to recognize their mistakes and make corrections. Just tell me if you have secretly learned the Resisting Evil Swordplay. I wont be angry with you.

Linghu Chong sighed as he replied, Master, please trust me. The sword arts that I was using is not the Resisting Evil Swordplay. He paused for a moment and then said, The sword arts I was using was imparted to me by a martial arts exponent.

Yue Buqun stared at him suspiciously, Who is this martial arts exponent?

Linghu Chong pursed his lips and replied, Disciple promised this senior that I will not disclose his identity. Please forgive me, Master.

Yue Buqun looked at him dubiously. He could tell that something was not right but he also knew that if Linghu Chong had decided not say a word he will keep his words even if his life is at threat. Very well. I am not going to make things difficult for you then, he said. But you must tell me who is the girl that brought you back. I want to know where did she come from.

Linghu Chong responded very quickly, She is my friend and her name is Dongfang Bi. She saved my life twice and is my life savior.

From his body language Yue Buqun could tell that he was not hiding anything this time. What about those streams of inner energy in your body? he asked.

Linghu Chong continued, She transferred those inner energies into my body to save me.

Yue Buqun hummed as he nodded. Do you know that using such a method to save you is actually bringing harm to you? Your body has been greatly damaged because of these energies.

Linghu Chong nodded and said, I understand. But if it wasnt for her I would have died a long time ago. It was her who brought be back to life. So even if my body is now badly damaged I cant blame her for it

Yue Buqun asked, What sect does this girl come from?

Linghu Chong shook his head, I did not bother to ask her. I only know that she has great martial arts skills.

Yue Buqun narrowed his eyes and stared at Linghu Chong dubiously.

Grand Apprentice Uncle once said that he suspects Miss Dongfang is from the devil cult. I cannot let Master know about this. Master hates the devil cult. If he finds out about this he will certainly harm Miss Dongfang, Linghu Chong thought to himself.

The sun had risen. Yue Lingshan decided to go down the mountain to collect some herbs by herself. It was one of those moments where she wanted to be alone.

Seeing that Yue Lingshan was all alone, Dongfang Bubai decided to sure of the opportunity to have a word with her. Dongfang Bubai placed a basket behind her back and said, The place that we passed earlier had a wider selection of wild herbs. Why did we have to come all the way here instead? The herbs here are not that good anyway.

Yue Lingshan looked at Dongfang Bubai with a smile, You dont need to tell me where I should or should not go. I just like to pick herbs from here. She placed a herb into the basket and returned to her feet.

Dongfang Bubai replied in teasing voice, Of course I have no right to tell you where to go. Its just that some peoples perception of things tend to be different from others. For some people, when they stumble upon gold they will truly treasure it. There are also some who does not appreciate it at all. She paused for a moment, then added, Your Big Apprentice Brother treats you so well but why is it that you cant see it? If you dont crave for a good man like your Big Apprentice Brother there are many others who would crave for him.

Yue Lingshan cast a glare at Dongfang Bubai. You crave for him? she asked in a stern voice.

Dongfang Bubai nodded, Of course I do! Am I not allowed to do so?

Yue Lingshan looked away and hummed softly. Its good that you are happy. You dont need to tell me about it.

Dongfang Bubai smirked, Thats because Im fear that one day you will change your mind and snatch him back from me. I will be heartbroken when that happens. She looked at Yue Lingshan and pretended to be depressed.

Yue Lingshan looked at her and said confidently, You dont have to worry. No matter what happens I will never snatch him away from you.

Dongfang Bubai smiled lightly and said, If that is the case I dont have to worry anymore. After she finished her words, she looked to the front and walked away.

The two of them were on their way back to Mount Hua. Yue Lingshan halted her steps to look at some mushrooms on the summit of a cliff.

Dongfang Bubai noticed Yue Lingshan looking at the mushrooms. She smiled coldly and said, Some people are always like that. They prefer to admire the flowers in the distance over the ones up close. Just like those mushrooms up there. It may look big and beautiful from here but when you eventually get your hands on it you may start to realize that it is actually nothing impressive.

Yue Lingshan looked down and ignored Dongfang Bubais flattery words. She already knew that Dongfang Bubai was trying to tell her that Linghu Chong is a gem and she should appreciate him.

Dongfang Bubai noticed the uninterested looks on Yue Lingshans face. Thinking that she had yet to deliver the message across to Yue Lingshan effectively, she decided to use another method to prove her point. She suddenly ran in circles around Yue Lingshan and subsequently sprang toward the cliff and climbed toward the summit in a flash.

Yue Lingshan felt a strong wind around her and was completely startled. Before she knew it Dongfang Bubai was already at the summit. She had never seen anyone with such extraordinary lightness skill.

Dongfang Bubai looked at the mushroom and then looked down at Yue Lingshan.

Yue Lingshan looked down to avoid an eye contact with her.

Dongfang Bubai pursed her lips and plucked three mushrooms off the rock. After that, she turned around, descended the cliff and landed in front of Yue Lingshan in a blink of an eye. She raised her arm and looked at the mushrooms in her hand. These mushrooms are indeed not as nice as the one I picked earlier, she snorted and threw the mushrooms to the ground. Im done collecting herbs. Im leaving now. She turned around and walked away with a cold smile on her face.

Yue Lingfeng coincidentally appeared at the scene. He folded his arms and walked towards Yue Lingshan.

Yue Lingshan heard his footsteps and quickly turned to look at him. Big Brother! she called out childishly.

Yue Lingfeng ignored his adopted sister and fixed his eyes on Dongfang Bubai. Her lightness skills look familiar, he thought to himself. He knitted his brows and pondered to himself for a moment. Oh yes! Its similar to devil cultQu Yang had the same skill but his was not as profound as this lady here. He looked at Yue Lingshan and said, Adopted Mother is looking everywhere for you. You better return to the mountain now.

Yue Lingshan nodded without saying a word.

It was a cold and wind night. Yue Lingfeng stood at a corridor playing his flute. The melancholic tune floated in the air.

Dongfang Bubai exited a room and cast a quick look at Yue Lingfeng. She recognized him as one of the Huashan Sect disciples.

Yue Lingfeng returned a side glance at her and started playing another song. This time the music was relaxing and calm.

Dongfang Bubai took a step forward and was startled to hear the music. She took a deep breath and asked, Little kid, where did you learn this music from?

Yue Lingfeng replied in a cold voice without looking at her, I heard this nursery rhyme from my mother when I was a little kid. My elder sister likes singing it too. The both of them are no longer around. Im the only one left.

Dongfang Bubai listened to him with her eyes wide open. His body language and tone reminded her of someone. Where is your home? she asked in a soft voice.

Yue Lingfeng placed the flute behind his back. My adopted parents saved me from a village in Dingzhou prefecture, he said indifferently.

Adopted parents? Dongfang Bubai murmured.

Yue Lingfeng nodded, My Big Apprentice Brother may be the Huashan Sects head disciple but I have been selected as the one who will succeed my adopted father. After finishing his words, he turned toward Dongfang Bubai. Sorry if I bore you. Im not even sure why Im telling you so much. I rarely tell anyone about myself, he uttered.

Dongfang Bubai felt sudden warmth from Yue Lingfeng, as though they had known each other for a long time. This was the first time she had such a feeling. Instead of teasing him like how she does to the other Huashan Sect disciples, she just smiled and said, Its okay. You did not bore me. My village is in Dingzhou prefecture too. Oh, I also enjoyed listening to your music.

FengEr! a female voice called out. Ning Zhongze exited a room and walked towards Yue Lingfeng.

Yue Lingfeng bowed at Ning Zhongze, Adopted Mother, how come you are still awake?

Ning Zhongze replied, Your Adopted Father wants to have a word with you. She reached for Yue Lingfengs hand and walked him to a room.

Dongfang Bubai folded her arms and stared at Yue Lingfeng. Dingzhou prefecturenursery rhymecould this kid be little brother? Is heaven really trying to play a joke on me? My sister is with Hengshan and my brother is with Huashan? No wonder Master once said that the martial arts world is every changing and unpredictable.... she thought to herself. No matter what, Im going to find out if this kid here is really my biological brother!

Linghu Chong lazed on his bed mulling to himself. He reached for a cup and took a gulp of tea. Sighif only I had wine with me now he sighed. Oh well, its still good to be sleeping in my own bed instead of that bunk bed in the cliff!

Just then, there was a knock on the door. Linghu Chong! a female voice from the outside called out.

Linghu Chong slowly climbed out of the bed and limped over to the door. He pulled the door open and noticed Dongfang Bubai was standing outside the room.

Miss Dongfang? What are you doing here so late? he asked.

Dongfang Bubai showed him a bottle in her hand. Since youre still awake, care to join me for a drink? she asked.

Linghu Chong held the bottle in his hand and pulled off the lid. He took a sniff and let out a sigh of joy. This smells like a good wine he uttered.

Dongfang Bubai looked left and right. If you dont want anyone to see you drinking here we better go inside your room, she said.

Linghu Chong raised his brows and said, Drink in my room?

Dongfang Bubai folded her arms and replied in a stern voice, What? Youre worried that Im going to eat you up?

Linghu Chong smirked, I only have half my life left. Why would I even be afraid? If you are not afraid of others seeing you in my room then you can come in!

Dongfang Bubai smiled faintly, You cant even beat me in a fight so theres nothing to be afraid of. She stepped into the room and closed the door behind them.

Linghu Chong filled a bowl with wine and handed it to Dongfang Bubai.

Theres something I want to ask you, Dongfang Bubai said in a stern voice.

From the tone of her voice, Linghu Chong knew that it was a serious matter. Other than our Huashan Sect secrets I can tell you anything you want to know, he responded.

Dongfang Bubai stared at him and said in a serious voice, I only want to know about your Masters adopted son.

Linghu Chong looked at her with his eyes wide open. Youre interested in him now? Hey! What about me? Thought you said that you will be with me every day! he jokingly replied.

Dongfang Bubai narrowed her eyes and replied in a fierce voice, Stop talking nonsense! You knew that I was only trying to help you win back your little apprentice sister the other day!

Linghu Chong poured the wine down his throat and then replied, Alright! Alright! Why dont you tell me why you are suddenly interested with my second apprentice brother?

Dongfang Bubai lifted up the cup and finished drinking the wine in one gulp. He may be my long lost brother! she murmured.

Linghu Chong was completely startled. Second Apprentice Brother is your long lost brother? Sworn brother?

Dongfang Bubai snorted, Biological brother! I got separated with him and Yi Lin years ago. How much do you know about him?

Linghu Chong popped a peanut in his mouth. After taking me in, Second Apprentice Brother is the second most senior disciple in Huashan Sect. He is also the best martial artist in the entire Huashan Sect. We may be under the same master but we rarely talk so I dont really know much about him. He likes to keep everything to himself. Mistress is probably the only one who knows a lot about him, he explained.

How come he became your Masters adopted son? Dongfang Bubai asked.

Linghu Chong took another gulp of wine and replied, Master said that Second Apprentice Brother had the perfect stature to learn martial arts and carries an air of chivalry. Hence, he adopted Second Apprentice Brother and gave him the name Yue Lingfeng. Master hopes that his successor would bear the Yue family name and continue to lead Huashan Sect for generations.

Dongfang Bubai looked away and muttered, His stature is inbornMy Master once said that I had that kind of stature too. Yi Lin is probably the only one who does not have it She then looked back at Linghu Chong and said, Do you know where your Master found him?

Linghu Chong nodded, Dingzhou Prefecture. Master said that a group of bandits raided a village and killed many people. He found Second Apprentice Brother running around looking for his elder sister. Master and Mistress took pity on him and brought him back to Mount Hua.

Dongfang Bubai rose from her seat and stood beside a window. Could it be really him? she muttered.

Linghu Chong smiled and said, Since youre already here why dont you go and ask him yourself. Im sure that he would be very happy to see you again.

Dongfang Bubai pursed her lips and nodded. Reuniting with both my siblings would be the happiest moment of my life. I will go and ask him myself tomorrow, she muttered.

Yue Buqun handed a piece of paper to Yue Lingfeng. I received this note moments ago, he said.

Yue Lingfeng took a quick look at the paper. He was startled by the words written on it. The girl that brought Big Apprentice Brother back is associated is a spy from the devil cult? Could it be that someone is playing a trick on us? he stuttered.

Yue Buqun hummed as he shook his head. The person who sent this message signed off as Priest Chongxu. The Wudang Sect is one of the top righteous sects in the martial arts community. I doubt that Priest Chongxu would play such a trick on us, he explained.

Ning Zhongze looked at her husband worriedly. Senior Apprentice Brother, we cannot allow a devil cult disciple to watch over us, she sighed.

Yue Buqun clenched his teeth and said, I will never allow a devil cult disciple to run riot in our Huashan Sect. I already have a plan to deal with her.

Yue Lingfeng placed the paper behind his back as his hand started to tremble. The girl said that her village is also in Dingzhou prefecture. What if she is really my sister? I cannot allow Master to harm my biological sisterneither can I do something to betray Huashan Sect.What should I do? he thought to himself distressingly.

Dongfang Bubai returned to a room and saw a jade hairpin lying on top of a note on a table. She held the jade hairpin and looked at it with her eyes wide open. This jade hairpin is mine. She then reached for the note and read it: Ill be waiting for you at the Repentance Cliff; Dongfang Xing Dongfang Bubai staggered to the back and fell onto a chair. Its definitely my little brother who left me this note! She tucked it into her pocket and rushed out of the room.

It was extremely quiet at the Repentance Cliff. Yue Lingfeng was sitting under a pavilion by himself. He looked up at the moon and heaved a sigh. Feiyan, if you can see up from up there can you please tell me if that girl is my biological sister

She is indeed your sister, a female voice said. Dongfang Bubai gracefully landed on the ground. My father named me Dongfang Bi and my little brother Dongfang Xing.

Yue Lingfeng rose from his seat and turned toward her. He looked at her astonishingly. Sister?!! he uttered with his mouth wide open.

Dongfang Bubai nodded. Her eyes got wet the moment she realized that the young man standing in front of her was her biological brother. She showed him the jade hairpin, I gave an amulet to your little sister and the jade hairpin to you when you were a kid.

Yue Lingfeng ran over to Dongfang Bubai and embraced her. Sister! Its really you! he sobbed.

Dongfang Bubai patted him on the back. Ive never thought that Ill be able to see you again she sighed joyfully.

Ever since I first saw you at Mount Hua I could tell that youre closely related to meA family bonding is something that cannot be hidden he said.

Dongfang Bubai nodded, Yes! Especially the two of us! Father used to say that were the closest.

Yue Lingfengs eyes were filled with tears. Sister! You have no idea how much I missed youI climbed out of the barrel to look for you but could not find you he said.

Dongfang Bubai held his arm and walked him to the pavilion. They took a seat and continued chatting. I did go back to look for you and little sister too but I was too late Dongfang Bubai explained.

Yue Lingfeng suddenly remembered that he came here to warn him about something. Sister, youve to leave Mount Hua at once! he said in a stern voice.

Dongfang Bubai looked at him confusingly. Why? We just reunited. I want to spend more time with my little brother she said.

Yue Lingfeng shook his head, Not now. Adopted Father got to know that youre from the devil cult. He is going to try and ambush you.

Dongfang Bubai asked astonishingly, How did he know about it?

Yue Lingfeng continued, That is not important right now. Your safety is more important! I would never allow anyone to harm you!

Dongfang Bubai knitted her brows and thought to herself, Could it be Linghu Chong who disclosed my identity to Yue Buqun? But how would Linghu Chong know that I come from the divine cult? Perhaps Feng Qingyang told himwe fought for many bouts and he could probably tell me background from my skills. She looked at Yue Lingfeng and patted his arm, Alright. I will certainly come and visit you again. When you have the time, go to Hengshan Sect and visit Yi Lin. Shes our little sister.

Little sister is alive too? She became a nun?! Yue Lingfeng said shockingly.

Dongfang Bubai nodded with a sigh, I told her to leave with me but she refused

Yue Lingfeng pursed his lips and then asked, Sister, are you with the devil cult?

Dongfang Bubai looked him in the eye and nodded. Since Yue Lingfeng was her biological brother she felt that he had the right to know the truth. My Master saved me and brought me back to Dark Wood Cliff years ago, she explained.

Yue Lingfeng looked away as he shook his head. The Five Mountain Sword Sects Alliance and devil cult have been sworn enemies for decades. It is truly shocking to know that we belong to opposing sides

Dongfang Bubai looked down and sighed. Why dont you leave Huashan Sect and come with me, she said.

Yue Lingfeng shook his head. Adopted Father treats me like his own son and Im his successor. I cant just leave like that, he explained. I am not going to ask you to leave the devil cult too. Perhaps there will come a day when the two of us can clear all enmity between the two sides and leave harmoniously.

Dongfang Bubai nodded with a smile. Youre willful like me. Im certain that there will come a day that you will lead the righteous sect. I have confidence in you, she said.

Yue Lingfeng rose from his seat and said, Though it is the Songshan Sect that controls the Five Mountain Sword Sects Alliance now but Im confident that things will turn around real soon.

Dongfang Bubai smiled and said, I will help you to achieve your dream. Zuo Lengchan isnt really that powerful.

Lets not talk about this now. You better leave before Master sees you, Yue Lingfeng said.

Lao Denuo ran into a room. He bowed at Yue Buqun with his hands cupped, Master, the woman is nowhere to be found. I suspect that she had left Mount Hua.

Yue Buqun glared at him and said, What? She is gone?!

Lao Denuo looked down as he nodded.

Ning Zhongze walked up to her husband with a worrying look on her face. Senior Apprentice Brother, she left so suddenly. Could it be that she found out about our trap and ran away? Would she come back and take revenge? I dont know why Im feeling unease

Yue Buqun pursed his lips and mulled to himself. Could it be that there is a traitor in Huashan? Only Junior Apprentice Sister and Fenger knew that we were planning to trap that evil demoness. Could it be Fenger who alerted her? he thought to himself.

Ning Zhongze continued, How about we descend the mountain and hide for a while?

Yue Buqun narrowed his eyes and uttered in a cold voice, Hide? He thought for a moment and then nodded his head. Sounds like a good idea. How about this, notify all the disciples and tell them that we will set off the Mount Song to find Zuo Lengchan.

Ning Zhongze looked at her husband confusingly, Go to Mount Song?

Yue Buqun stepped to the side. Thats right. If words get out that we left Mount Hua to hide from that demoness we will surely become a laughingstock. But if we go Mount Song to negotiate with Zuo Lengchan people will only admire us for our courage. But this time we cant bring Chonger along with us.

Yue Lingshan overheard her fathers words while she was on her way to the room. She hid behind a pillar and continued to eavesdrop.

Ning Zhongze looked at her husband and said, Why cant we bring Chonger with us?

Yue Buqun responded, Long journey can be tiring. With his current condition Im afraid that he wont be able to take it.

Ning Zhongze sighed, What will happen to Chonger then?

Yue Buqun hummed agitatedly, If he did enter the path of the sword branch while he was at the Repentance Cliff, I would have imparted the Divine Art of Violet Twilight to him long time ago. By practicing according to the methods of the art he would be able to cure his injury on his own and he wouldnt have come to such a state!

Ning Zhongze walked toward her husband. Senior Apprentice Brother, since Divine Art of Violet Twilight can cure Chongers injury why dont we leave him with the Divine Art of Violet Twilight manual so that he can heal on his own?

Yue Buqun interrupted, Absolutely not! The Divine Art of Violet Twilight is our sects ultimate skill. If it falls into the hands of the devil cult how am I going to face our ancestors?

How about we get Fenger to stay behind to teach Chonger the Divine Art of Violet Twilight? He has been practicing it for a long time now, Ning Zhongze said.

Yue Buqun folded his arms without saying a word. If Fenger is really the traitor, I cant let him stay be alone with Chonger. I should keep a close eye on him, he thought to himself. He then looked at his wife and said, Fenger may have learned the Divine Art of Violet Twilight but he wont be able to impart it to Chonger the right way. A single mistake can cause Chonger his life.

Yue Lingshan pursed her lips and looked down on the ground feeling upset. Linghu Chong had been treating her very well ever since they were kids. Now that he was injured there was nothing she could do to ease his pain and her parents are even going to leave him in the mountain all by himself. She was completely saddened by this.

Yue Lingfeng propped Linghu Chong up by the shoulder and helped him sit at a table.

Linghu Chong looked at him and said, Second Apprentice Brother, there is something that I need to tell you about. Its regarding Miss Dongfang.

Yue Lingfeng nodded, Senior Apprentice Brother, I already know about it. Sister left Mount Hua late last night after we had a long chat.

Linghu Chong knitted his brows, Miss Dongfang is gone? How come she left so sudden?

Yue Lingfeng sighed, She said that she had something urgent to attend to. She will come back to see us real soon.

Linghu Chong shook his head with a smile. Shes always like that. Come like a wind and go like wind

Yue Lingfeng patted his senior apprentice brothers shoulder. Senior Apprentice Brother, Adopted Father already knows that sister is associated with the devil cult. I hope that

Linghu Chong raised his hand said responded, Miss Dongfang saved my life twice. I would never do anything to betray her neither will I tell him that youre related to her. I know Masters behavior very well.

Yue Lingfeng got down on his knees and bowed at him. Thank you, Big Apprentice Brother.

Linghu Chong reached his hand out and helped Yue Lingfeng up. Get up first. Youre my apprentice brother and Miss Dongfang is my friend. Your secrets are save with me.

End of Chapter 16
    Last edited by Dongfang Xue; 02-09-14 at 11:34 PM.

Thanks for another exciting update... In the series, DFBB was ambushed, and DFBB thought LHC did it. It would be funny if the next time they meet DFBB slap, curse and beat him silly, and after a while the half-dead LHC just remains quiet and just keeps taking the beating without even trying to explain,,, until Yi Lin and Lingfeng arrives to stop her.

Thanks for another exciting update... In the series, DFBB was ambushed, and DFBB thought LHC did it. It would be funny if the next time they meet DFBB slap, curse and beat him silly, and after a while the half-dead LHC just remains quiet and just keeps taking the beating without even trying to explain,,, until Yi Lin and Lingfeng arrives to stop her.
    If there was no Lingfeng she would have fallen into YBQ's trap for sure. Since Lingfeng already knows that DFBB is his sister he would not let her get harm by his adopted father

Quote Originally Posted by Dongfang Xue View Post
    If there was no Lingfeng she would have fallen into YBQ's trap for sure. Since Lingfeng already knows that DFBB is his sister he would not let her get harm by his adopted father
    Yeah, blood is thicker than water but when wealth and power comes into play, they start killing one another--like what happened in history...

I wonder if in the end the two half-sibling will become opponents?

Yeah, blood is thicker than water but when wealth and power comes into play, they start killing one another--like what happened in history...

I wonder if in the end the two half-sibling will become opponents?
    All will be revealed as we go along. At the end it is LHC who will be there for DFBB through thick and thin

Hi Dongfang Xue,

Just wished to mention a minor correction... The second part of the 1st sentence:
    Dongfang Bubai casted a side glance at Yue Lingshan and said, Your Big Apprentice Brother is such a sweetie. From now on Ill be the one who decides what is best for him. She looked back at Linghu Chong and added, Once you have fully recovered the four of us can practice our sword arts together, okay?
    "你大师哥腼腆"

The last two characters refers to being shy or bashful.. though it sounds like sweet, but totally different character...

腼腆 - 【miǎntiǎn】 shy; bashful.

甜 - 【tin】 sweet; honeyed

Hi Dongfang Xue,

Just wished to mention a minor correction... The second part of the 1st sentence:

"你大师哥腼腆"

The last two characters refers to being shy or bashful.. though it sounds like sweet, but totally different character...

腼腆 - 【miǎntiǎn】 shy; bashful.

甜 - 【tin】 sweet; honeyed

Thanks for pointing that out szfong! That scene is actually one of my favorite too. It was so cool of DFBB to come forward and help LHC out.

Correction done

Can't wait to see chapter 17... I think from now on, there will be more room to diverge away from series... I wonder if Yang Lian Tian will still be LHC's evil clone.. Or Ying Ying's toy... Hahaha

Can't wait to see chapter 17... I think from now on, there will be more room to diverge away from series... I wonder if Yang Lian Tian will still be LHC's evil clone.. Or Ying Ying's toy... Hahaha
    Yes starting from chapter 17 onward there will be lots of changes. Actually Yang Lianting is Ying Ying's toy. Noticed he was with Ying Ying at the bottom of Mount Hua?

Thanks for the update and extra details. The additional interactions that you have added between DFBB and LHC tightened the loose ends of their initial friendship. The interaction and relationship development between characters is what makes a story interesting.

I enjoyed the scene where DFBB pretended to be in a romantic relationship with LHC in front of YLS too. You can tell that she was going all out to tell YLS that there is someone else who cares for LHC and it is her loss if she lets him go.

I wonder why doesn't the Yue couple suspect LHC of acquiring his sword art from Miss Dongfang... That would be a logical conclusion based on the information given and changes from the original story. It is another illogically stitching of scenes....

I wonder why doesn't the Yue couple suspect LHC of acquiring his sword art from Miss Dongfang... That would be a logical conclusion based on the information given and changes from the original story. It is another illogically stitching of scenes....
    The Yue couple was kind of dumb in the first place. All they could think of is that DFBB came to harm them with treacherous methods. But I guess you can't blame them. If they were so smart they would not have lost such an obedient apprentice and their daughter to another hypocrite

The script writer probably did not think about that

Quote Originally Posted by Eccentric One View Post
    The Yue couple was kind of dumb in the first place. All they could think of is that DFBB came to harm them with treacherous methods. But I guess you can't blame them. If they were so smart they would not have lost such an obedient apprentice and their daughter to another hypocrite
    Mrs Yue is just a normal housewife / mother so it's not surprising that she is not that intelligent

Quote Originally Posted by Eccentric One View Post
    In the book, YBQ always suspected LHC of stealing the BXJ manual because he was looking to steal it just like Yu Cang Hai. But Mrs. Yue suspecting LHC and immediately after DFBB dragged LHC away, is a first, and was made up by this TV series. In the book she asked LHC during their harsh journey and told him everyone's suspicions. LHC tells her a senior imparted it to him, and attempted suicide in front of Mrs. Yue. She said I believe you. But in all the series, in order to protect her husband's name, she played deaf and dumb, and only killers herself after his theft and castration was openly screamed aloud. I was like she must know about it before anyone. Couldn't she feel it was a couple of fingers down their while being intimate and not that missing part... Hahahaha.
    Last edited by szfong; 02-10-14 at 11:44 AM.

In the book, YBQ always suspected LHC of stealing the BXJ manual because he was looking to steal it just like Yu Cang Hai. But Mrs. Yue suspecting LHC and immediately after DFBB dragged LHC away, is a first, and was made up by this TV series. In the book she asked LHC during their harsh journey and told him everyone's suspicions. LHC tells her a senior imparted it to him, and attempted suicide in front of Mrs. Yue. She said I believe you. But in all the series, in order to protect her husband's name, she played deaf and dumb, and only killers herself after his theft and castration was openly screamed aloud. I was like she must know about it before anyone. Couldn't she feel it was a couple of fingers down their while being intimate and not that missing part... Hahahaha.
    Jin Yong probably did not get much opportunity to intimate with his wife that's why he missed that part out. Another major flaw in his novel