Thread: *How* would Gwok Jing fight Lee Mok Sau?

Default *How* would Gwok Jing fight Lee Mok Sau?

One fight that we never got to see in ROCH (but that I would have liked to) is Gwok Jing vs. Lee Mok Sau. Gwok Jing's martial arts level in ROCH was much higher than Lee Mok Sau's, and most would reasonably expect him to defeat her easily. If were to analyze a fight between the two characters and how it would likely go, however, how would it break down?

Lee Mok Sau's deadliest attack were her poisonous weapons (particularly her Icy Soul Needles) and palm techniques. Gwok Jing's Hong Lung 18 Palms were far more powerful than any of Lee Mok Sau's palm techniques, his inner power was far deeper, and he even had limited resistance to poison thanks to the blood that he had sucked out of Leung Tze Yung's snake years earlier during LOCH. Still, if Lee Mok Sau were to attack Gwok Jing with her poison needles, how would he handle it? Dodge the needles (is he fast enough)? Swat the needles away with Hong Lung 18 Palms? Is he fast enough to hit her (considering that the Ancient Tomb Sect members are known for their speed)?

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Wouldn't be much of a fight.

GJ was immune to most of Western Venom's poisons so I doubt LMS needles/palm would have been much of a threat.

Quick as she was LMS didn't even try to flee from Eastern Heretic, indicating that she was not confident in escaping from a Great Level fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Wouldn't be much of a fight.

GJ was immune to most of Western Venom's poisons so I doubt LMS needles/palm would have been much of a threat.
    I don't know if Gwok Jing was ever completely immune to poison; I think he had (as a result of his inner power and the snake blood) a limited resistance to poison that was better than most other people's, but not quite true immunity.

Quick as she was LMS didn't even try to flee from Eastern Heretic, indicating that she was not confident in escaping from a Great Level fighter.
    I think she wanted to escape, but Wong Yerk See's flute music (e.g. his inner power channeled through the music) immobilized her. Gwok Jing could probably do the same with his roar.

It's pretty close to impossible to escape from a Great who intends to catch you if you're within sight of him. Even QQR, with his superior lightness kungfu, had no way of actually escaping from ZBT chasing him down across China.

Furthermore, turning your back towards someone like GJ, assuming GJ wanted to kill you, is a death sentence. You're asking for a massive palm blast striking you down before you get anywhere.

And furthermore, if GJ was actually trying to hunt you down, he'd have his bow and arrows along with his wilderness experience so you'd be doubly dead.

As for "How GJ would kill LMC?", I don't see why GJ wouldn't just do with a single palm, just like how H7G would do it. Unlike GWM's unreliable technique (but strong internal energy), GJ's XL18P's primary tenet is unescapably crushing power at the moment the palm hits. GJ isn't the type to fool around if he actually wanted his target dead.

One second. One stance.

What makes this matchup potentially interesting and not as one-sided as it might initially seem is that Lee Mok Sau survived skirmishes against three different Greats-level fighters during her lifetime (West Poison Au Yeung Fung, East Heretic Wong Yerk See, and the Golden Wheel Monk on separate occasions). It's true that in each case, mitigating circumstances allowed Lee Mok Sau to survive where she otherwise would not have, but even so, she had to have been somewhat a force to reckon with in her own right to be able to make use of those mitigating circumstances and survive.

I don't expect Lee Mok Sau to win against Gwok Jing, but I do wonder if her tricks might force him to use skills and tactics that he usually doesn't use (because her fighting style is so different from those of his usual adversaries such as Au Yeung Fung or the Golden Wheel Monk).