Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Swordsman: Sovereign

[QUOTE]To me, it seemed that after LHC learned the TAS, his skills became on par with the Sunflower Manual. I say this because the Evil-Warding Manual and the Sunflower are basically the same thing. In the series LHC was able to fight his master equally after YBQ learned the Evil-Warding Manual. So if that's the case. Then the LHC at that time would put him and DFBB as equals or near to it; possibly with DFBB having a slight edge do to overall experience./QUOTE]
    Thank you for your reply When LHC learned the TAS, he's on par with DFBB. But now that LHC also learned the Sunflower Manual, then he must be stronger right? Sorry for insisting, but I feel very frustrated with questions like that

[QUOTE=Stoneplus;1097545]
    To me, it seemed that after LHC learned the TAS, his skills became on par with the Sunflower Manual. I say this because the Evil-Warding Manual and the Sunflower are basically the same thing. In the series LHC was able to fight his master equally after YBQ learned the Evil-Warding Manual. So if that's the case. Then the LHC at that time would put him and DFBB as equals or near to it; possibly with DFBB having a slight edge do to overall experience./QUOTE]

Thank you for your reply When LHC learned the TAS, he's on par with DFBB. But now that LHC also learned the Sunflower Manual, then he must be stronger right? Sorry for insisting, but I feel very frustrated with questions like that
    Yup, he's stronger then her now. But as I said, this will be addressed.
    If anyone is interested in some of my other work. You can check them out here https://www.fanfiction.net/u/106973/

Where's our new chapter...

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Where's our new chapter...
    It's coming. Hopefully this weekend.
    If anyone is interested in some of my other work. You can check them out here https://www.fanfiction.net/u/106973/

Quote Originally Posted by optimus610 View Post
    It's coming. Hopefully this weekend.

Default Chapter: 13

Swordsman: Sovereign

This FanFiction is loosely based on Jin Yong's Smiling Proud Wanderer and the new 2012/2013 series.

" Speech "

' Thoughts '

Salute = The Bao Quan Li - the wrap fist greeting/Fist Wrapping Rite

Chapter: 13

-xXx-

All eyes and mouths were agape in complete shock.

The scene was like what you would expect if a bomb had been detonated. The entrance was partially destroyed do to the size of the massive sword statue and the force in which it was hurled towards it's intended target.

It is said that once you are near death. Your entire life flashes before your eyes. Yu Canghai could attest to this, as his life played back in slow motion; as his life was quickly fading away. From the good to the bad. What a wicked life it was. Full of deceit, murder and utter wickedness. A life essentially given to vain, evil craving's and useless desires.

He felt weary and distressed. His life seemed meaningless. All the glory and power he sought seemed so empty now. Like trying to grasp the wind, was the epitome of his life accomplishments.

'Why...Why did it end like this...' he thought taking a pained breath.

Amazingly, depending on your perspective. Yu Canghai had managed to stay on his feet; despite his gruesome injuries. Mainly do to the fact of the rubble helping to keep him upright.

Many parents in the crowd covered their children's eyes, trying to spare them from gazing upon the horrifying scene. Blood, gore, a large statue sticking out of a majority of a person's chest. You could hardly blame them from trying to protect their child's innocence.

'My disciples are dead, my son is dead. I couldn't even get my hands on the Evil-Warding Manual. What do I have to show for my life?...' Yu Canghai thought truly dejected.

As he slowly lifted up his head. The Qingcheng Sect headmaster locked eyes with the cold stare of his executioner. Mustering all the strength left in his body. Yu Canghai was fully intending on cursing his killer. But as the words were about to leave his mouth. He glanced at the familiar figure of Wang Zhongqiang among the crowd. A sick smile suddenly crossed his bloodied and mangled lips as a better way to mark his exit from the world of the living came into his mind.

“Mr. Wang... Forgive me for failing in my mission...Please forgive this servant of yours for failing to kidnap Ning...”

The words were strained, but said surprisingly loud and clear given his dire condition. Those within earshot could tell they were spoken under great pain. Yet, those words were the last thing spoken by Yu Canghai as the leader of the once respected Qingcheng Sect breathed his last.

Linghu Chong stared blankly at the limp body, then turned to face the younger son of Wang Yuanba. Wang Zhongqiang nearly soiled himself. Though he couldn't tell Linghu Chong facial expression because of the mask. He could feel the chilling glare, directed towards him.

“We shall take our leave now... Ning Zhongze, Yue Lingshan, please follow us,” Linghu Chong said abruptly, as he made his way towards the destroyed entrance.

Linghu Chongs' words were more of a command then a request and left no room for argument. So the two women, albeit a bit hesitantly, followed obediently without protest.

The crowds murmurings started to fill the area as they recalled what they just witnessed. Naturally the conversations were all about the masked man and his wife.

These ramblings brought a smile to a certain ex cult leaders lips. Her plan had worked to perfection. Her and Linghu Chongs' sect now had fame and notoriety. Which also meant their cash flow would be increasing by truck loads.

This caused her smile to broaden before she stopped, and turned to address the chattering crowd.

“Just remember everyone. If you want to turn your children into true martial artists like I and my husband. Then look no further then to our martial school located at the moment, in South Hengshan,” Dongfang Bubai said surprisingly sweetly.

“Are you really the chiefs of South Hengshan? What are your names?” a few random person's, mainly men, asked from the crowd.

“Yes, elder Mo Da has entrusted us with the leadership of the sect. And after today I think you can all see why...As for our names? I am The Invincible, my husband is The Sovereign. Though you can refer to us both as Sovereign's of the martial world, because that is what we are.”

Some thought her statement was full of arrogance, but none dared to utter a word of opposition.

Dongfang Bubai was about to turn to leave and follow Linghu Chong back to the carriage. But she suddenly stopped as her sense of impending danger flared. Waving her hand out in front of her. She unleashed a wave of inner energy which met and stopped in midair a pair of swords dead in there tracks.

“Wait! Where do you think you are going?! Come back here!” Lin Pingzhi suddenly screamed, as his uncle, Wang Bofen, helped to prop him up as he came into the area.

With out saying a word. Dongfang Bubai sent one of the swords back to their owner but at double the speed. The sword sped by Lin Pingzhi like an arrow and stuck to the wall behind him as such. As Lin Pingzhi stared in shocked. A few strands of his hair fell before his eyes, letting him know how close he came to death. He tried to calm his nerves, but they refused to be quieted, fully alerting him to the real danger his life was in.

“Cripple, or should your name be little man now? Let this be a lesson to you. When someone spares your life. It's best not to antagonize them further. In other words. Don't keep poking the sleeping lion with a stick. Or else you might get eaten,” Dongfang Bubai said coldly, which caused some in the crowd to shiver involuntarily.

The other sword, which was still dangling in mid air. Suddenly sped towards Lin Pingzhis' direction. The former Huashan Sect disciple tried to move but his body was still feeling the effects from having his inner energy drained and couldn't move at his normal speed. But thankfully for him, the sword wasn't intended for him and was instead, now embedded in the left thigh of his grandfather.

“Father!” both Wang Bofen and Zhongqiang screamed as they went immediately to their father aid as he cried out on the ground in excruciating pain.

Linghu Chong came and stood next to his wife. It was he who sent the second sword into the leg of the Golden Saber, Wang Yuanba. Linghu Chong was originally by the carriage waiting for Dongfang Bubai to finish speaking. But upon hearing the voice of his former classmate. He quickly made his way back from where he just came.

“I promised Yue Lingshan I wouldn't kill you, unless you came to me trying to seek revenge. You remember Yue Lingshan don't you Lin Pingzhi? The same wife you shamed, then thew away like she were mere garbage? For her sake and that alone I will let this entire incident pass.”

Linghu Chong paused as Lin Pingzhi tried to move towards him. But, let out a smirk as his former classmate fell to the ground instead.

“So despite the evil you and your family tried to perpetrate against these two women, you shall keep your life for now. But, if you or any of these scumbag for relatives you have dare to come seeking me, my wife, Ning Zhongze, Yue Lingshan or anyone associated with my school. I will end the Wang and Lin family lines and bring destruction down upon any who would try to stop me from doing so.”

If it were possible. Linghu Chongs' words would have caused it to snow given how bone chilling they were.

Without another word, Linghu Chong and a smirking Dongfang Bubai walked out and towards the carriage which brought them to the compound.

-xXx-

Some time later, as the carriage was moving along. Linghu Chong, Dongfang Bubai, Ning Zhongze, and Yue Lingshan sat silently inside. Yue Lingshan had her head, rested against her mothers left shoulder. Her eyes, seemed lifeless, as the past weeks events constantly tormented her mind.

It wasn't hard for those beside her to know what was troubling the young martial artists. Ning Zhongze herself was also being tormented by not only the situation with her daughter, but also the one with her husband. She truly had no idea what she would say or do once she saw the man she married again. Or to be more precise the man she thought she married. Given the revelation of the extent of his wickness. The Yue Buqun she loved and saw on a daily bases and the one described by Lin Pingzhi seemed to be two completely different individuals.

Linghu Chong was going through his own inner turmoil. His heart was heavy, his spirit troubled.

Though not being able to see her husbands face clearly because of the mask he wore. Dongfang Bubai could tell something was greatly troubling the man she loved with all her heart. Not knowing exactly what the issue was, it didn't take great effort for her to make a guess as to what was troubling his mind.

“You did what you had to do,” Dongfang Bubai said sternly into his left ear.

Her words, abrupt and blunt as they were, caused Linghu Chong to turn his full attention towards her.

“The Wang's and Lin Pingzhi brought their trouble upon themselves. Yu Canghai deserved what he got. The world is a better place now that he is gone. So don't torment yourself over killing him. Eventually someone would have given him what he deserved. It was just that God chose you to do it.”

Linghu Chong let out a heavy sigh. His heart weighed heavy on the events, but he also knew his wife was correct, that the troubles which happened weren't his fault; or not entirely. Her words, plus some reflecting on what actually took place and not focusing on his feeling, was slowly helping to relieve his troubled heart.

Even though he was married to a person who had a reputation for being cold and heartless; a justified reputation one would say. Linghu Chong was not that. Taking another person's life did effect him to a degree: even if the persons killed brought their deaths upon themselves.

This was also the reason he didn't pursue the issue of the kidnapping attempt further with the Wang's. Yu Canghai was a liar but strangely Linghu Chong believed what the deceased sect leader was hinting at.

'They probably wanted to hold mistress and Yue Lingshan hostage to blackmail mast.. Mr. Yue...But why use Yu Canghai unless they hired some men and didn't know who he really was? If that is the case, then Yu Canghai probably planned to keep mistress and little martial sister to himself and use them to blackmail both Mr. Yue and the Wang's,' Linghu Chong thought to himself.

“Thank you my love...” Linghu Chong said with a smile, as he gently took his wife's hand into his own.

“You know despite your reputation you are not as heartless as many made you out to be,” he said playfully.

This caused Dongfang Bubai to smile broadly, though it was covered by the headscarf she still wore.

“Of course...I married you didn't I?” she said smugly.

“What does that mean? You were begging me to marry you. You about near molested me on our wedding night, or have you forgotten,” Linghu Chong retorted back smirking.

“Molest? Your a man, how could I do that to you? Let's not forget who stole my innocence you lecher-est beast. Telling me our love will last and shine like the stars in the sky. That was just sweet talk, aimed to take advantage of a poor innocent girl like myself...”

Dongfang Bubai tried to give her husband a stern look. But, even the mighty former cult leader, couldn't contain her laughter at the thought of her being a simple innocent maiden. She then joined her husband, as he too laughed heartily at the thought.

The scene was light hearted; a vast contrast to what took place minutes earlier. But as the couple got swept up in the playful mood. Neither noticed the strange look one of the other two occupants of the carriage was giving them.

Yue Lingshan moved her head slightly from against her mothers shoulder and took a quick glance at her masked companion.

'Senior martial brother?'

Though Linghu Chongs' voice was the same Qi enhanced echo like version as from when Yue Lingshan first met the masked man. There was a brief point, at the very beginning of the conversation, where Linghu Chong spoke without the Qi altering effect. That brief moment was missed by Ning Zhongze; as her mind was too wrapped up on the weeks revelations to care much about the banter her two hosts were engaged in. But for Yue Lingshan it was another matter.

The voice was unmistakable to her. She and Linghu Chong had grown up together. She would recognize his voice anywhere.

'This must be my imagination playing tricks on me. Brother Fox and Senior Martial Brother are nothing alike...'

Though she tried to push the thought out of her mind. Her intuition kept telling her her masked saviour was indeed her estranged martial brother.

Yue Lingshan started to think back on the rumors involving Linghu Chong and the Holy Lady of the Sun Moon Holy Cult. She thought back to what her parents said about the events that took place in shaolin. How it was really Dongfang Bubai who was staying in the temple at that time and not Holy Lady. How Ren Woxing showed up at the monastery and wanted to marry his daughter to Linghu Chong.

'So if this is indeed Senior Martial Brother then this woman must be Ren Woxing's daughter.'

Yue Lingshan also recalled something else her parents said which involved Dongfang Bubai. That the illustrious ex cult leader was really a beautiful woman and that either her, Holy Lady, or possibly both, were Linghu Chongs' lover.
    If it were possible for someone's brain to produce smoke, Yue Lingshans' brain would have done so just trying to wrap her mind around that thought.

As she continued to observe the pair. Yue Lingshan wanted to ask her unspoken question and get confirmation for her suspicions. But in the end was too scared to voice her thoughts.

-xXx-

About a half hour later...

As the carriage was still moving along. With his wife asleep and her head resting against his left shoulder. Linghu Chong watched as the people passed by. Big and small, old and young, man and woman. He observed them going about their daily lives.

'Many seem so carefree. If only life could always be so simple...'

Linghu Chong continued to observe and muse about the people he saw passing by. Until he was surprised to see a familiar face among the crowd wearing a simple tan robe and selling bamboo rake's.

“Elder Lu Zhuweng...” he whispered softly to himself.

Linghu Chong looked a second time to make sure his eyes weren't playing tricks and was pleasantly surprised to see it was indeed his elder friend.

Linghu Chong started to reminisce about the first time he saw elder Lu Zhuweng at the bamboo hut located at the end of the forest. He remembered how he enjoyed learning how to play the zither from the white haired old man around the age of fifty. And just how he enjoyed the older mans company and kindness in general.

'Good times...' he thought pleasantly.

Ying Yings' face then popped into his mind as he was reminded about the promise he made to see her again when he recovered from his injuries.

'It would be nice to see sister Ying Ying again. Plus I did promise to visit her once I was recovered. I'm sure she's worried about how I am doing.'

Linghu Chong was about to tell the disciple that was driving the carriage to stop so he could greet his friend, until his wife's slight stirring caused him to keep silent.

'Now may not be the best time to do this. But perhaps Qiang would be understanding...It's not like Ying Ying was ever my lover.'

Was this the wisest thing for a married man to consider? Perhaps not; definitely not, considering your wife is literally capable of ripping a person's head off with little effort. But, he was a man of honor and believed in keeping his word. He did promise to visit Ying Ying when his injuries were healed. And truth be told he was curious how she was doing. He had no romantic feelings for her. But, as a friend, martial sister even, he cared for her.

Linghu Chong also wanted to take his mind off of everything that had happened at the Golden Saber compound for a bit. This seemed to be an opportunity to do that, see if his friend was okay, and if possible; though unlikely. Try and resolve the issues between his wife and the Ren's.

Oh noble of heart, yet, naive Linghu Chong...

'Wait, am I stupid?!'

Though he could easily match his wife's power. Linghu Chong gulped involuntarily imaging how a conversation would go between he and his wife about the subject. His skin prickled imagining the killing intent which would roll off her in waves.

'Don't you trust me?'

'I will always trust you...' she said softly

Linghu Chong could hear the tenderness, worry, fear in her voice

'Fine go...But if you are not back within a day. Then I will burn that little bamboo house she has to the ground...'

As he imagined how the conversation would go. Linghu Chong debated whether to even bring up the subject, knowing how she would react. He considered lying, but immediately scrapped the idea. A marriage must be built on trust. If he would have lied and said he needed to visit a friend quickly and later Dongfang Bubai found out he secretly met with Ying Ying. Things would turn out very badly.

''Given what just happened at the Golden Saber compound. It would be better for us not to be separated in case Lin Pingzhi and the Wang's try anything. I doubt anyone will try to attack us so soon. They would have to be crazy to, but it's better to be cautious at a time like this. Besides, I can always send Laotouzi or Zu Qianqiu to take a message to Ying Ying for me.'

Common sense finally prevailed and Linghu Chong put the idea to rest, at least for now.

-xXx-

Speaking of said friends...At the moment, they were for lack of a better word, being tongue-lashed by a certain purple and white robed female.

“Useless! Absolutely useless all of you!”

“Please forgive us Holy Lady. We have found no trace of Linghu Chong. Even those nuns of his have found nothing. Perhaps...Perhaps it's just as the rumors say and that he did die,” Zu Qianqui said nervously, but with also a heavy heart at the thought of losing a good friend.

“Shut your mouth! He is not dead!” Ying Ying roared.

The two men and one woman all got down on their knees out of fear. Over the past few months Ying Ying had commanded her subordinates to look for any trace of Linghu Chong once the rumors of his death began to circulate. Though with her father still unaware that Linghu Chong was still alive. She had to keep the knowledge of the search to only a few people; namely those who not only had loyalty to her, but also equal fidelity to the man she loved.

Laotouz, the portly "Old Man" who's daughter Laobusi's was cured of her illness when Linghu willingly used his blood, which contained the eight herbal tablets originally meant for her to save the young girl.

Zu Qianqiu, though arguably a lowlife; depending on your point of view. Who tricked Linghu Chong into consuming Laotouzi's tablets. And saved Linghu Chong from being killed by Laobusi when said fat man kidnapped Linghu Chong and attempted to drain the blood from his heart in a desperate attempt to save his daughters life.

And Lan Fenghuang, aka “Blue Phoenix” the leader of the Five Deities Cult. Who was ordered by the Killer Physician, Ping Yizhi. To watch over Linghu Chong until he could find a way to cure the former Huashan Sect disciple of his injuries.

Lan Fenghuang was especially was nervous as she gazed upon her childhood friend. In reality, when she first met Linghu Chong it was her goal to meet him regardless. Ying Ying had mentioned him a few times, and with the other rumors going around that the two were lovers. Blue Phoenix had to meet the man who had garnered the love of such a prominent figure. She feared telling her friend that she had become Linghu Chong's god-sister. For fear of her thinking she were trying to steal him from her; which she wasn't against doing, or at least attempting.

All three were who Holy Lady had chosen to search for her missing love.

Lu Zhuweng sat about twenty feet away silently observing the conversation while he worked on making more bamboo rake's. He couldn't help but think about the strange actions of the woman whom he served with absolute loyalty.

He knew that she let her father think Linghu Chong was dead, while she was absolutely certain that he was alive. But, if he were alive, why not tell her father? Why must it be kept such a tightly guarded secret?

He reasoned something else was going on. Something bigger then if Linghu Chong had rejected her feelings for him. Rejection would cause Ren Woxing to be angry, but Ying Ying could plead with her father to spare Linghu Chongs' life in that case.

'So whatever it is she is hiding about Little Brother Linghu is so big that his life would not be spared by her father even if she begged for him.'

Lu Zhuweng decided it was best to put such thoughts aside for another time. Turning his attention back towards the pathetic three, as he called them in his mind. He decided it was a good time to recall some rumors he had heard while selling his products.

“Don't be so harsh with them Holy Lady they've done their best,” he said trying to placate her anger.

Everyone turned their attention towards the old rake maker. The three on the ground gave appreciative looks.

“I've heard some news while in town getting supplies and selling bamboo rake's. As you already know, that old blowhard Golden Saber had a birthday celebration recently. Apparently something happened involving his grandson Lin Pingzhi and a few of his guests.”

This bit of news peaked everyone's interest as Ying Ying motioned for him to continue.

“Apparently this couple who said they were the new leaders of South Hengshan defeated the head of Beggars Sect and Wudang in individual duels.”

This news shocked everyone, as the martial reputation of the two men was legendary.

“They claimed to be husband and wife, yet strangely kept their identities hidden. The man wore a fox mask, and apparently injured both Lin Pingzhi and Wang Yuanba himself. But the most surprising thing was that he also killed Yu Canghai the head of Qingcheng Sect, who had taken Yue Lingshan, Yue Buqun and Ning Zhongze daughter hostage.”

“Did you learn their names?...” Holy Lady asked flatly.

“I'm not sure if what I heard was correct. But it seemed like the woman called herself The Invincible and referred to her husband as The Sovereign.”

“Masked man...The Invincible...The Sovereign...Married man...” Ying Ying whispered to herself.

Holy Lady began to slowly pace back and forth processing everything she just heard.

'Could this person be related to brother Linghu?' she thought nervously to herself.

Her heart began pounding out of fear. A scowl appeared on her face as she fought to not even consider what it meant if the masked man was indeed Linghu Chong.

'What am I thinking? I must calm down and regain control over my emotions. I don't even know if this masked man is Linghu Chong yet I'm already scared that witch has so captivated his heart she tricked him into marrying her.'

Steeling herself since worrying wasn't like her normal self at all. Ying Ying called her subordinates to her and gave them a new set of orders.

-xXx-

A/N: Yeah, Linghu Chong almost went. But I couldn't justify that level of stupidity. Lol But him and Ying Ying will meet soon.
    Last edited by optimus610; 01-12-15 at 01:20 PM.

Thanks for the update!

I can see DFBB maybe allowing LHC to get one additional wife? They will forgive and forget the past and become one happy family.
    Last edited by szfong; 01-12-15 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks for the update!

I can see DFBB maybe allowing LHC to get one additional wife? They will forgive and forget the past and become one happy family.
    Thanks for the support.

There is a reason LHC won't agree. I will explain it in a later chapter.

Thanks for the support.

There is a reason LHC won't agree. I will explain it in a later chapter.
    Can't wait to see Chapter 14... Soon, I hope...

It's been 3 weeks, where's our update! Pretty please... with sugar on top....

It's been 3 weeks, where's our update! Pretty please... with sugar on top....
    lol Hopefully this weekend. Strangely enough, I've been working on future chapters and didn't get to concentrate a lot on chapter 14. But, I may have enough of it done to post this weekend.

lol Hopefully this weekend. Strangely enough, I've been working on future chapters and didn't get to concentrate a lot on chapter 14. But, I may have enough of it done to post this weekend.
    Thanks for the heads-up.. I'll definitely be checking back this weekend... The HDD on my desktop is dying, it seems... I'm thinking of swapping it later today or tomorrow and installing the latest Windows 10 Preview Microsoft is offering... Supposedly it'll also be a FREE release when it get officially stable, just like what Apple is doing for many years...

Great story, lore-friendly spin off

Waiting for next chapter

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Glad to hear a new chapter is coming up. Look forward to reading it

Default Chapter: 14

Swordsman: Sovereign

This FanFiction is loosely based on Jin Yong's Smiling Proud Wanderer and the new 2012/2013 series.

" Speech "

' Thoughts '

Salute = The Bao Quan Li - the wrap fist greeting/Fist Wrapping Rite

Chapter: 14

-xXx-

Two weeks later...

About half way from reaching South Hengshan. Linghu Chong and Dongfang Bubai decided to take a short rest as they came upon a small outdoor inn. Said inn, resembled the one Yu Canghai and Lin Pingzhi first had their encounter after said former Huashan Sect disciple first learned the Evil-Warding Swordplay.

This wasn't the first place they had stopped along their journey, just the first outdoor inn in which the group stopped in. They had stopped a couple of times before at regular inn's to rest up, bath, eat, and just relax. Dongfang Bubai had also thought it best for everyone to change clothes in case more hired men were trying to pursue them. A small step, but sometimes what is perceived as the least important thing can in fact benefit you the most. So everyone, including Ning Zhongze and Yue Lingshan, were dressed in ordinary looking gray robes.

Given it being the middle of the day, with the sun shining bright, the group was surprised their weren't more patrons for that time of day. Naturally, everyone kept their guard up in case an ambush was being laid.

“Uh, sir, can I help you?” the elderly inn keeper said as he looked nervously at the group of people before him.

Linghu Chong looked at the brown robed man and tried his best not to laugh.

'I guess if I were him and a strange group of people came into my inn I would be a little weary as well. Especially with me wearing this mask and with Xiong and the other disciples doing a search of the area in case of a trap.'

“Just bring us some food and wine,” Linghu Chong said politely.

“Coming right up sir.” the inn keeper/waiter said as he scurried off to give the order to his cook/wife.

“Heroine Ning, Little sister Yue Lingshan, please have a seat,” Linghu Chong said as he helped both women over to an empty table and pulled out both chairs so they could sit.

“Thank you Chief Fox you are truly kind and a true gentleman,” Ning Zhongze responded as she took a seat next to her daughter.

“Think nothing of it. It is my pleasure to help you both,” Linghu Chong replied pleasantly as he and Dongfang Bubai took their seats across from the two women.

“You are too kind. Without you...Both of you...I fear what would have become of myself and Ling'er...” Ning Zhongze said sadly.

Linghu Chong let out a heavy sigh. He could only imagine what was going on in his former teachers/surrogate mothers mind concerning the near kidnapping attempt and more importantly, what Ning Zhongze learned about the true nature of the husband she thought she knew.

'Mistress's heart and her mind for that matter must be barraged by a whirlwind of emotions. Master betrayed her and their marriage for power. She must be thinking how she could ever face him again,' Linghu Chong thought sadly.

“Try not to let your mind stay on such thoughts. It will only harm your health if you dwell on the emotions too long.”

Ning Zhongze gave an appreciative smile at her masked former students concern for her.

“Chief Fox is truly kind. I'm humbled by your concern for me and Ling'er. It...It almost feels like a son being concerned for his mother and little sister...” she said softly.

Linghu Chong was speechless. His heart nearly burst from his chest as it ached after his former teachers' remarks.

“Heroine Ning you honor me greatly...” Linghu Chong said softly.

Linghu Chong knew it was best to get off the subject. Lest he give into his emotions and reveal who he truly was at that moment. Thankfully for him, albeit depending on your perspective. Linghu Chong saw a way to inconspicuously change the subject, in the downcast form of his former martial sister.

“Little sister Yue Lingshan. Going forward you and your mother must be very careful. Yu Canghai, Wang Yuanba and Lin Pingzhi, got what they deserved. But I doubt Wang Yuanba will let this matter go so easily,” Linghu Chong said coldly.

Yue Lingshan who had her head down in despair, suddenly looked up at the mention of her former husbands name. She locked eyes on the man she owed her life to and decided now was good a time as any to try and get some of the answers she sought.

“Brother Fox...Were you telling the truth that Senior Martial Brother is staying at South Hengshan?” Yue Lingshan suddenly blurted out.

Linghu Chong was a little taken aback with the question but recovered his wits quickly.

“The last I saw of him...--”

“Was he alone? Was there a woman with him?” Yue Lingshan asked cutting him off.

“Why do you ask?” Dongfang Bubai said interjecting herself into the conversation.

Yue Lingshan hesitated as she saw Dongfang Bubais' cold penetrating gaze, but she soon steeled herself instead of giving into her fear and answered.

“I heard...I mean the rumors say that senior brother's lover is the Holy Lady of the devil cult. Senior Brother is a good man. I fear that he may have been bewitched by her...”

Dongfang Bubais' response wasn't what Yue Lingshan, nor what the other occupant's of the table was expecting, as the former cult leader started laughing loudly; also attracting the attention of the other patrons.

“As if that child could get a real man!”

Dongfang Bubai slammed her hand on the table but instead of it cracking under her strength. The entire inn shuck for a couple of seconds as if the entire area was hit by a small earthquake.

Yue Lingshan became understandably nervous. But unlike the other patrons who were confused at what caused the ground to shake. She knew it had come from tremendous strength and incredible Qi control.

'Thank God she only used her Qi to slightly shake the inn. Any more and the whole place would have come down around us instead of a few pots and pans and some dust from the roof. Perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to bring up this subject,' Yue Lingshan thought worried.

“All she does is get girlish crushes on a man then think she is in love. Then when the man she claims to love rejects her feelings, she then tries to lie and cheat her way into their heart,” Dongfang Bubai said with clear contempt.

“You seem to hate...I mean you speak like you know the Holy Lady of the devil cult quite well,” Ning Zhongze said now interjecting herself into the conversation.

“Oh I do Ning Zhongze, I do...I'm also very familiar with her family...And trust me, she's as worthless as her idiot father. That fool thought he was the cleverest person alive until Dongfang Bubai stole the Sun Moon Holy Cult out from under him. She's just as incompetent as him. So don't worry, she wouldn't be able to satisfy a man like your senior martial brother miss Yue Lingshan.”

“How would y...You speak as if you know senior martial brother intimately,” Yue Lingshan said in a respectful tone, so as not to anger Dongfang Bubai further and risk the entire inn caving in around them.

At that moment Linghu Chong was glad to have the fox mask covering his face, since it hid his nervousness as he noticed Yue Lingshan taking a quick glance at him.

'Clever little girl. Seems like she suspect who we really are. Or at least who her brother fox truly is,' Dongfang Bubai thought slightly impressed with her former love rival.

“My love...It's best to let go of old grudges and focus on the future instead of rehashing the past,” Linghu Chong said softly as he turned to his wife.

Dongfang Bubai snapped her head around in anger ready to protest. But despite Linghu Chong having a mask on. His wife could tell the concern that was on his face, which served to cause the rage in her heart to fade away.

“Little sister Yue Lingshan, Ning Zhongze, lets not dwell on these depressing subjects anymore since it will only bring about further pain and anger,” Linghu Chong said pleasantly, hoping his former martial sister would drop the subject.

“You are right Chief Fox...Let's not dwell on these hurtful events. They will only cause more despair...I thank you again for everything you have done for myself and Ling'er for the short time we have known each other. I believe your actions have strengthened the bond between our two sects.” Ning Zhongze said giving Linghu Chong a warm smile and respectful salute

Yue Lingshan agreed with her mother but could tell her masked friend was definitely hiding something. But she would have to wait for another time to get the answers she sought. Though not entirely sure why. She had the feeling
    that all of her questions would be answered soon.

-xXx-

Twenty minutes later, the group was eating and enjoying some lighthearted chitchat. Xiong and the other disciples were also enjoying their meal after informing Linghu Chong and Dongfang Bubai that they had found nothing out of the ordinary and highly doubted the area was setup for ambush.

Along with the food and chatter the group surprisingly found themselves entertained watching about ten children, no older then nine, playing kickball while others of the group flew a kite about thirty yards away. The jovialness and innocence of the kids brought a smile to everyone's face's.

“Maybe one day we will have kids like them?” Linghu Chong said playfully as he nudged his wifes' shoulder.

“You think I am a baby making machine?” Dongfang Bubai said in mock outrage.

“Well you have to be useful for something,” he said with a smirk as he responded to her snarky comment with one of his own..

“I will remember this when you come begging,” she said with a fake pout.

Ning Zhongze let out a small laugh at her savior's antics.

'Ah, to be young and in love. Those days seemed so simple when you knew you could trust the one you loved with her heart...' she thought a bit dejected as the situation with her husband came to mind.

As they continued to observe the children playing. They watched as two new children, boys, who seemed a little older and slightly taller came over to the group of kids and unceremoniously started pushing and punching the smaller children and took away their ball and kite.

“Why those no good evil children!” Linghu Chong roared in anger.

The former Huashan Sect disciple made a move to get up and take back the children's toys, but his wife put her hand on his shoulders stopping him.

“Let me...” she said sweetly.

“Eh...” he said nervously, just thinking of the carnage she might do.

“Don't worry, I won't harm a hair on their heads,” Dongfang Bubai again said with a sweet smile.

Dongfang Bubai then went up to the crying children and started talking to them. Linghu Chong looked curiously at what his wife was trying to do. At first he thought she was trying to comfort them; the thought of which filled his heart with warmth and brought a smile to his face. But said smile soon dropped as after a few minutes of speaking. The kids stopped crying and instead, to his shock, everyone's shock, started picking up sticks and rocks.

“Go! Conquer your enemy!” Dongfang Bubai suddenly said as she pointed her right index finger towards the bullies.

With the way a slight breeze was blowing her robe, combined with her posture, akin to some sort of general commanding their troops. The scene seemed oddly over dramatic given children were involved.

The kids cried out with a yell, akin to mini soldiers, before running towards their targets. So as you would expect, those who were once the victims were now the ones dishing out punishment. The bullies were startled at the sudden attack and tried to fight. But the numbers weren't on their side.

“What just happened? How did she turn those little children into a lynch mob,” Yue Lingshan asked to no one in particular.

Linghu Chong though could barely contain his laughter; as to why he found the scene amusing was a mystery even to him.

Thankfully for the two bullies. Dongfang Bubai decided to have mercy on them and stopped her little army from their attack. The children then ran up to her thanking the former cult leader for her help and also showing her the spoils of their battle; the ball and kite. To which Dongfang Bubai gave each of them an approving nod or pat on the head.

“Well I guess that's one way to deal with bullies,” Linghu Chong said flatly right before ordering two disciples to go over and check up on the two bruised and battered boys to make sure they weren't seriously hurt.

-xXx-

After nearly two more weeks of travel, around dusk, the party finally made it back safely to the confines of South Hengshan. Immediately upon their return they were met by Mo Da, Feng Buping and the disciples which had remained behind.

“Chief's it's good to have you back. How was your trip?” Feng Buping said as he and the three Sword Sect disciples got down on one knee and saluted.

“Oh my you have him well trained,” Mo Da said amused.

“Of course would you expect anything less?” responded Dongfang Bubai as she stepped down from the carriage and walked up to Feng Buping and motioned for him and the disciples to get up.

“The trip was fine but a lot happened...I'm just glad all of us made it back in one piece,” Linghu Chong stated a bit wearily.

“But we did accomplish what we set out to do. So expect some more disciples very soon. We may even have to expand the compound or look for a larger area,” Dongfang Bubai said with barely contained excitement.

Feng Buping nodded in approval. Though he still had his reservations about having one of if not the most infamous person of the martial world as his new leader. He couldn't deny that his present life, compared to the one he had previously, was infinitely better.

“Ning Zhongze and Yue Lingshan? What are you both doing here?” Mo Da asked shocked as he approached the carriage.

“Hello Elder Mo Da,” Ning Zhongze said as she came up to the older man and both gave each other a salute.

“I came to see how you were doing. I wanted to make sure nothing had happened to you...”

“Ah, thank you for your concern, but as you can see this old man is doing fine,” he said pleasantly.

“That is good to hear. I was concerned when you passed on the leadership of South Hengshan so suddenly. I thought something may have been wrong...”

“In other words you thought those two took the leadership by force. And you wanted to make sure I was still alive,” Mo Da said with a chuckle as he motioned towards Linghu Chong and Dongfang Bubai who were still talking to Feng Buping a few feet away.

Ning Zhongze turned her head towards her former disciple and for the first time noticed the presence of Feng Buping who was now engaged in a conversation with Xiong and the other disciples.

“Feng Buping?!” Ning Zhongze asked with obvious shock, considering he was the very last person she expected to meet in South Hengshan.

Feng Buping turned at the mention of his name and was in equal shock to see his former Huashan Sect classmate.

“Ning Zhongze...I...wasn't expecting to see you so soon,” Feng Buping said as he was a little lost for words.

“Why are you here?!” Ning Zhongze blurted out angrily, thinking of the disgrace she nearly suffered at his hands the last time the two met.

“He's an elder of our sect,” Dongfang Bubai stated, joining into the conversation.

Ning Zhongze just stared at Dongfang Bubai like a fish with its mouth open.

“What?!” the elder martial artist suddenly blurted out, appearing to be in a bit of shock.

“You don't have to worry. The foolish gripes between the Qi and Sword factions of Huashan Sect are no more,” Dongfang Bubai said while giving Feng Buping a cold stare, seemingly daring him to argue the point.

'For Feng Buping to throw his pride away and join another sect. These people are extraordinary. Just who are they?' Ning Zhongze thought mystified to herself.

“It is as Chief Don...--I mean as the Mistress has stated. All that has happened between our two groups are in the past Ning Zhongze...I welcome you to our sect and will treat you as an honored guest. So please accept our hospitality.”

“I see...”

Those were all the words Ning Zhongze could say.

Ning Zhongze suddenly thought back to when Yue Lingshan had been kidnapped. She started remembering some of the technique's Chu Zhong and Chiong Xiu were using while fighting off Yu Canghai and his henchmen and how familiar some of them looked.

'That's right. Some of their movements had traces of Mount Huashan swordplay in them. I noticed at the time but was too concerned with trying to get back Ling'er to question them as to why they knew my schools skills. Now though, it all makes sense...'

Ning Zhongze zoned out for a few moments thinking over the fight more carefully. Along with her schools arts, she also saw traces of all of the mountain schools sword skills. Her eyes widened thinking of what this revelation might mean.

'What is going on here?! Certainly if I can recognize the skills of the Five Mountain Schools, then so will they. Aren't they concerned of being accused of stealing other sects skills? Don't they fear their retaliation? Mo Da must certainly know this. So why is he helping them?'

“Who are they?” Dongfang Bubai suddenly asked breaking Ning Zhongze from her train of thought.

Everyone turned their attention towards the direction the former cult leader was pointing and saw four young men, dressed in black robes, kneeling in the middle of the compound.

“They were former disciples who ran off when the situation happened with my junior brother. They've come back claiming they want forgiveness for their cowardice. I told them I can and will forgive them, but the decision of whether or not to except them back is not mine to make,” stated Mo Da.

“So why are they kneeling there?” asked Linghu Chong.

“I think they misunderstood what I said and thought I was refusing them. So they are kneeling down until I take them back,” Mo Da said with a chuckle.

“How long have they been there?” Linghu Chong asked with a hint of concern.

“Since yesterday morning.”

Dongfang Bubai suddenly walked up to the four deserters and began to slowly look each one of them over. The four looked up at the strange woman and were instantly met with cold, calculation eyes, which caused them to feel a sense of impending danger.

“So you ran off before and now want to comeback? Okay, but there is something you must do first,” the former cult leader said coldly.

“Miss, we will do anything if you can convince Chief Mo Da to forgive us!” one of the four said passionately.

“Didn't Mo Da already tell you he is no longer the Chief of South Hengshan?! So why do you still refer to him as such! Myself and my husband are the new leaders of this sect, so it would be wise of you lot to address us properly!” Dongfang Bubai barked out.

The four were shocked to hear this news. They remembered Mo Da saying he was no longer the leader of South Hengshan back when they first arrived. But knowing his eccentric nature, they thought he was trying to test their loyalty in some strange way.

“If you want back then it can easily happen. But first, you must prove you are serious about making amends for running away before...”

“Mistress we will do anything,” one of them stated.

“Yes Chief anything,” said another.

A devious smirk crossed her lips as she heard their replies.

“Good...Now stand.”

Like puppies being commanded by their owner each one rose to their feet.

“Now each of you take out your swords.”

They again did as they were instructed, though not without a sense of nervousness, not knowing what their new leader had in mind.

“Good, you four are off to a good start. You are all very obedient which is something I like. Now, the last thing you have to do is to simply raise your swords high.”

Again each of them obeyed without question, but as before each was getting worried, wondering what their new chief wanted them to do.

“Good, Good...Now castrate yourselves...” the former cult leader said coldly.

Everyone was shocked to put it mildly. The four young men looked at each other then at Dongfang Bubai in utter disbelief.

“Uh, m...m...Mistress are you serious?!” one of them asked with a shaky voice.

“Do I look like I'm joking?” Dongfang Bubai snapped back.

Beads of sweat began to run down each of the four young men faces as they saw Dongfang Bubai was completely serious in her command. They thought about running away, but that was what got them in this situation in the first place. They thought about trying to talk/plead/beg the former cult leader out of her command. But that thought soon went the way of the dinosaur. Even though they couldn't see her face fully, her eyes, cold and without mercy as she was renowned to possess, told all that was needed.

So in the end, to make up for their cowardice, each look at the other, nodding simultaneously, some almost shedding a tear for the dream of one day having a wife and family of their own would be gone, and decided to do as they were commanded.

Thankfully, mercifully, Linghu Chong fired four embroidery needles, hitting each in the accupoint in the hand causing the swords to drop to the ground.

“What's wrong with you four?! I know you want to come back but is mutilating your bodies worth it?!” Linghu Chong said sternly.

“But we were...--”

“Oh, enough of this nonsense! I will accept you all!”

The four let out a sigh of relief and gave who they reasoned was their other leader a look of appreciation.

“The fact that you were actually willing to do such a foolish thing showed me that your genuinely sorry for fleeing. Albeit you four aren't that bright.”

“Thank you! Thank you!” each of them said as they knelt down towards Linghu Chong and kowtowed before him.

“You have gotten the forgiveness you sought. Though to earn back trust will take some time. What are your names?” Linghu Chong asked.

“I am Yau Guang Chief.”

“My name is Chee Wang Chief.”

“Master, I am Ling Chen.”

“Chief my name is Tian Tung.”

They replied one after another.

“Good, now go speak to Elder Mo Da so he can find rooms for you to rest. Tomorrow you will learn more about what it will take to earn myself and my wife's trust.”

“Yes Chief!” the four young men said in unison before they gave one final salute to Linghu Chong and Dongfang Bubai before heading over excitedly to Mo Da.

“Your no fun. I'm sure I would have had a couple of them pass out from the pressure,” Dongfang Bubai said with a fake pout.

Linghu Chong gazed at his beloved wife sternly. He was wrestling with himself if he should scold her for trying to inflict such a harsh punishment or ask first what was her reasoning.

“Are you going to scold me?” Dongfang Bubai asked softly almost as if she were a little child fearing she had made her father angry.

“Should I do that or more?” Linghu Chong replied trying to sound stern.

“Ah! Everyone do you hear this abuse he's threatening?!” the former cult leader said in feigned fright as she pointed an accusing finger towards her masked husband.

“Abuse? What Abuse?! It's what you would deserve if you don't have a good reason for what you almost made them do just now!” Linghu Chong responded angrily, not liking how she already tried to make him out to be the bad guy.

“Really? Go ahead then. Beat me and show everyone you're a big man,” the former cult leader said faking sniffles.

Husband and wife then got right up in each others faces. Their foreheads touched, akin to two bulls having a square off. Linghu Chong then raised his right hand, acting as if he were going to strike his beloved wife. To which the former cult leader didn't even flinch.

“Go ahead,” Dongfang Bubai said nonchalantly, as she turned her left cheek towards her husband, daring the man she loved to strike her.

With a gruff Linghu Chong lowered his hand and turned his head away and faced in the opposite direction of his wife.

“If I do that, then you will just get the authorities and claim spousal abuse. Don't need the trouble...”

If this was your first time seeing and hearing the way the two conversed with each other, you would think they were engaged in a serious, relationship altering fight. But for them, the Invincible and the Sovereign, this was the way they've talked to one other since the day they first met.

With a smirk, knowing she had won the round of banter. Dongfang Bubai lovingly interlaced both arms into her husbands right and leaned gently on his shoulder; in an apparent attempt to placate her loves anger/slightly bruised ego.

“Oh stop being so serious. Do you think I would have let them go through with the castration? Even I'm not that big of a monster...”

'Well maybe...' Dongfang Bubai thought smirking to herself.

“I was only testing their loyalty. I wanted to see if they were perhaps spies sent to keep an eye on us and or steal our martial arts. Even a spy wouldn't go so far as to castrate themselves just for a mission. I would have stopped them before they harmed themselves, maybe...kinda...perhaps...” she said with a chuckle.

Feng Buping chose this moment to comment. Unlike Ning Zhongze and Yue Lingshan he wasn't concerned with the mini fight his Chiefs engaged in. Over the brief time he had gotten to know them such events were a common occurrence, from who he categorized as two people who liked to argue with one another.

“The Mistress does have a point Chief. Given the commotion that happened at the Golden Saber compound. I'm sure many clans, especially Song Sect will try to find out more about us. So its best to be wary of anyone that seems even the slightest bit suspicious...” stated Feng Buping on a respectful tone.

“Yes, I would have to agree with Feng Buping on this. You can never be too careful in this chaotic martial world we live in,” stated Mo Da.

Linghu Chong let out a heavy sigh.

“All three of you have a point and in the end no one was harmed, so no harm no foul then. At least we gained four new/old members which I think in the end will serve our sect greatly,” Linghu Chong said with a pleasant smile.

“Haha, agreed. Though Lin...young Chief. I see we have to touch up on your bantering skills if you lost to your wife so easily. Usually you put up much more of a fight.”

Everyone shared a laugh at Mo Da's lighthearted comment.

Though Feng Buping and the disciples of the Sword Sect tempered their laughter. Not wanting the show of happiness to be seen as an insult or disrespect and get on the bad side of either super powered martial artist.

“Chiefs, a party from North Hengshen has arrived. They are seeking audience with elder Mo Da,” the middle aged gatekeeper said as he came up to Linghu Chong and Dongfang Bubai.

“Oh yes, they've arrived exactly on time,” Linghu Chong said with a hint of excitement.

Before leaving for Wang Yuanba's birthday celebration. Linghu Chong had sent a messenger to North Hengshan. His note was a simple message asking them to meet the Chief of South Hengshan since he knows the whereabouts of Linghu Chong. But, they must arrive exactly a month and a week from when the letter was received and not before.

He also gave instructions what to do if they did come early or didn't receive his letter and came looking from him anyway. He told Mo Da and Feng Buping to instruct them that Linghu Chong gave orders for them to stay in South Hengshan until he gets back.

“Is Chong'er with them?” Ning Zhongze asked with excitement at the thought of seeing her most prized student once again.

It is said that the most important impediment to understanding and resolving any problem or conflict is our fear of knowing the truth. We as humans spend a lot of our time trying to deal with problems and conflicts by deluding our self about the cause and/or the solution necessary.

Yue Lingshan remained quiet but inwardly she beamed at the thought of seeing her Senior Martial Brother and true friend again.

'Well, I guess my suspicions about Brother Fox will be answered soon...' the young martial artist thought to herself.

Now that she was closer to getting her suspicions verified. Yue Lingshan found herself nervous whether she even wanted to know the truth. The happy thoughts she had moments earlier were replaced by the frightening implications of what it could mean for her Senior Martial brother if he and Brother Fox were indeed one and the same.

“Not quite Heroine Ning...” Linghu Chong said with a chuckle which as you can imagine served to confuse the martial arts icon along with her daughter.

-xXx-

The next few minutes were not what Ning Zhongze nor anyone for that matter were expecting. Linghu Chong still with his mask on was now chasing a frighted Yilin and frankly most of the younger North Hengshan Sect nuns, seventeen in total, around the compound pretending to be a fox monster.

Since it was near night. He used his inner energy to illuminate his body making it appear like a ghost. He also changed his voice again to one much deeper and gruff, to what he imagined a monster would sound like.

With the night aiding his appearance and the imagination of ones that were still so young and naive. It was no wonder Linghu Chong got the effect he was hoping to achieve when he dreamt up the prank.

“Help me! Help me!” a panicked Yilin screamed as she along with some of her martial sisters ran for their lives.

“Buhaha, come back here little girls let the fox monster eat you!” Linghu Chong said menacingly.

In reality Linghu Chong was having the time of his life. He knew later, once the the nuns found out who he really was, they would probably scold him for scaring them and be angry at him for a while. But his mind was telling him to have fun now, deal with the consequences later. As many of us have learned in life. This line of thinking normally doesn't end well.

Mo Da who seemed like the only person who wasn't in shock by Linghu Chongs' behavior held his sides for fear they would burst from laughing so hard.

“This young brother certainly knows how to entertain himself,” the elder pugilist said in between a fit of laughter.

Even Dongfang Bubai, who was standing next to Ning Zhongze and Yue Lingshan, had a smirk on her face, albeit for a completely different reason.

“Look how well him and Yilin get along...Yet he tells me he has no feeling for her, even though I'm willing to permit it,” the former cult leader said to herself.

“Permit what?” Ning Zhongze asked absentmindedly, completely confused as to why her host was carrying on the way he was.

“Marriage, what else? Then the three of us can be one big happy family...” Dongfang Bubai responded with a mischievous smirk.

-xXx-

A/N: Chapter took a little longer to come out then what I wanted. The main reason for this was because I was working on content for chapters 15 and 16. Plot bunnies were working in full effect for those two chapters for some reason. Hopefully that means they come out faster. Well, hope everyone enjoyed the read.
    Last edited by optimus610; 02-08-15 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks for another exciting chapter.... Please surprise us with what happens next... Is DFBB going to get her sister and her husband together soon? An aphrodisiac in a cup of tea and some in a bottle of wine and locking them in a room...

Thanks for another exciting chapter.... Please surprise us with what happens next... Is DFBB going to get her sister and her husband together soon? An aphrodisiac in a cup of tea and some in a bottle of wine and locking them in a room...

Talk about a way to ruin a marriage! lol Though there will be some issues lhc will have to deal with soon.

But as always thanks everyone for the support.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Thanks for the latest chapter

great story
    thank you

Please give us this month's update Optimus.... Pretty please with sugar on top...