Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meeting, Dating and Getting married

Question Meeting, Dating and Getting married

Some couples know each other through friends, chance meeting when two visit the same place and start hanging out with each other, online matching networks, and etc. The possibilities are limitless.

If you're married or dating, where did you first meet your spouse?

Single - Would you ever consider being a member of a dating service via online or rather wait that chance encounter of meeting the one? What about single meet up groups in the area?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Met my wife in university. We are in the same student society.

Chance encounter: I knew of a friend who met her future husband in the plane when she took a solo fight to Switzerland.

met my 1st ex in school and my last ex at my previous job.

currently single SS haha

regarding those dating sites, although im not a believer of it, i actually know a friend who met his now wife on match.com and they've been together for a year, so i guess it works sometimes.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    met my 1st ex in school and my last ex at my previous job.

currently single SS haha

regarding those dating sites, although im not a believer of it, i actually know a friend who met his now wife on match.com and they've been together for a year, so i guess it works sometimes.
    For you, I'm not single ever.

I've known one couple that met online, dated about 2 years or so and got married over a year now. And I know another couple that met online and dated 2-3 years and is getting married.

I'm just wondering how dating and meeting people have changed through the years.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Well, you know I'm single!

I've considered getting online...but I'm really lazy. A part of me is uncomfortable with my weight gain the last year. So...not this has made it hard to...like other people too.
    I like me.

Met him online through a friend.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    For you, I'm not single ever.

I've known one couple that met online, dated about 2 years or so and got married over a year now. And I know another couple that met online and dated 2-3 years and is getting married.

I'm just wondering how dating and meeting people have changed through the years.
    why SS, im forever alone

but u know, people only tell u about their success story, u never know how many times they met freaks or perverts through those dating sites

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Well, you know I'm single!

I've considered getting online...but I'm really lazy. A part of me is uncomfortable with my weight gain the last year. So...not this has made it hard to...like other people too.
    Ugh, I'm on the same boat sister. Recently I weighted myself and found out I weigh more than before. Well, for the longest time I weighed the same for years. But I guess the older you get the more you gotta work out to maintain the weight you want.

I have thought about online, but I guess I still believe in meeting in person and leaving it to fate. Of the couples I know, I can see how they match each other and compliment each other. Some couples can be opposites but they compliment and work together well. People get together long before the internet existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Ugh, I'm on the same boat sister. Recently I weighted myself and found out I weigh more than before. Well, for the longest time I weighed the same for years. But I guess the older you get the more you gotta work out to maintain the weight you want.

I have thought about online, but I guess I still believe in meeting in person and leaving it to fate. Of the couples I know, I can see how they match each other and compliment each other. Some couples can be opposites but they compliment and work together well. People get together long before the internet existed.
    hi baby i think it is fate we are here on spcnet

I know at least 3 couples who met and got married from meeting from an online dating site, so it does work, but there might be a lot of "spam" that you have filter through. Leaving it up to fate is probably the worst one can do, unless you meet new people often.

It's important to broaden your network, no matter your relationship status anyway. There are sites like meetup.com where you can find similar interests meetups, and also at the same time meet some new people (even if they won't turn out to be your SO, they can turn into your friends) face to face in your area. At a minimum, you may learn something new.
    -SC

Quote Originally Posted by spcnet View Post
    I know at least 3 couples who met and got married from meeting from an online dating site, so it does work, but there might be a lot of "spam" that you have filter through. Leaving it up to fate is probably the worst one can do, unless you meet new people often.

It's important to broaden your network, no matter your relationship status anyway. There are sites like meetup.com where you can find similar interests meetups, and also at the same time meet some new people (even if they won't turn out to be your SO, they can turn into your friends) face to face in your area. At a minimum, you may learn something new.
    hi baby

Tried Match.com before and it didn't work well for me. Currently trying 2redbeans.com and it's a bit better. I think 2redbeans.com is better for asians.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 07-28-14 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Tried Match.com before and it didn't work well for me. Currently trying 2redbeans.com and it's a bit better. I think 2redbeans.com is better for asians.
    wow TC are u really using websites to date? i thought u were way more traditional than that to go online dating

Most people I know meet their partners through friends. When a circle of friends get together, usually people try to set them up with other single friends they know that's outside of that circle.

Personally something about getting set up makes me lose all interest and not put in the effort.
    My relationships have always formed with no wingmates - Ex's have always been classmates in school/uni, dojo, waitresses at restaurants/bars I frequent.
    Last edited by KeongJai; 07-31-14 at 04:58 AM.

I've met my ex online and dated him for 5 yrs. That was when chatting online was popular back in the old days..lol. I also know a friend of mine dated her man online and married two years later. So, good things do come out for online dating. just be careful, nowadays there are perverts, psychos, and wacko people out there. Online dating could be fun but be cautious too.

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    I've met my ex online and dated him for 5 yrs. That was when chatting online was popular back in the old days..lol. I also know a friend of mine dated her man online and married two years later. So, good things do come out for online dating. just be careful, nowadays there are perverts, psychos, and wacko people out there. Online dating could be fun but be cautious too.
    5 years and it didnt work out? that must suck...

Oh, around me, that's very common. I knew a dating couple of 15 years who decide not to marry/"break off" though it was amicable. Both went on to marry others (friends). The strange thing is their spouses are from the same family. The guy married the sister and the girl married the brother.

My friend always like to joke that the Indians are better where dating/marriage is concerned.
    First date = go for a date
    Second date = meet each other's parents
    Third date = officially married.

It did suck at first, but oh well. Got over it and moved on. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Oh, around me, that's very common. I knew a dating couple of 15 years who decide not to marry/"break off" though it was amicable. Both went on to marry others (friends). The strange thing is their spouses are from the same family. The guy married the sister and the girl married the brother.

My friend always like to joke that the Indians are better where dating/marriage is concerned.
    UH....They are really keeping in the family.

lol crazy.........

Hehe, that's how it was for my parents minus the first date.