Thread: info on Yellow dress girl in HSDS

Default info on Yellow dress girl in HSDS

what is her relationship to YG/XLN? what confuses me about her character is she should be at least 4-5 generations after YG/XLN. it doesnt make sense that she is a descendant of theirs. unless of course she is their daughter which doesnt make sense either since she would be around ZSF's age which is around 100.

Zhang Sanfeng was ~20 when Yang Guo was 36, so she is not quite that old. Keep in mind if she was their descendant and practiced Ancient Tomb skills, she could easily be ~40 and still look in her 20's. This could mean she is "only" ~60 years younger than ZSF and could be much closer to YG generationally than it would seem.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Zhang Sanfeng was ~20 when Yang Guo was 36, so she is not quite that old.
    Correction: Cheung Gwun Bo (Cheung 3 Fung) was only thirteen when Yeung Gor was thirty-six at the end of ROCH.

my estimation is accurate no? XLN is about 5 years older than YG. So assuming XLN had her when she was around 40, at the end of HSDS yellow dress girl should be around 90?

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted View Post
    my estimation is accurate no? XLN is about 5 years older than YG. So assuming XLN had her when she was around 40, at the end of HSDS yellow dress girl should be around 90?
    Jin Yong never explicitly reveals HOW Lady Yeung relates to the Divine Condor Couple (just that she *is* connected to them), so it's up to our imaginations. In my head canon, she is *at least* their granddaughter if not great-granddaughter because I can handle only so many 90-year old women who look like they're in their twenties.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Jin Yong never explicitly reveals HOW Lady Yeung relates to the Divine Condor Couple (just that she *is* connected to them), so it's up to our imaginations. In my head canon, she is *at least* their granddaughter if not great-granddaughter because I can handle only so many 90-year old women who look like they're in their twenties.
    see, that is just not logical to me. she being their granddaughter means thats YG/XLN 's daughter/son had a baby and how is that possible in the tomb? did their children go out to the central plain found their lover go back to the tomb and populate?

incest would be a higher probability.

see, that is just not logical to me. she being their granddaughter means thats YG/XLN 's daughter/son had a baby and how is that possible in the tomb? did their children go out to the central plain found their lover go back to the tomb and populate?
    Why not? I don't think Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl would make their descendants prisoners in the Tomb.

Why not? I don't think Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl would make their descendants prisoners in the Tomb.
    i'll stick with incest. its not like YG/XLN conforms to social standards.

i'll stick with incest. its not like YG/XLN conforms to social standards.
    They don't, but I think incest would be a step too far even for them.

Not that far, after all, a teacher/parent relationship in wuxia has a status similiar to parent/child relationship

Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    Not that far, after all, a teacher/parent relationship in wuxia has a status similiar to parent/child relationship
    They aren't nearly the same.

Teacher/student relationship: people will look at you funny and perhaps say nasty things, but it's not "Eww! Gross!" time.

Biological incest between siblings? Ewww! Gross!

I mean, seriously, people. I can get admiring Yeung Gor/Little Dragon Girl as iconoclasts, but do you REALLY want them to be "ewww, gross" people? REALLY? Let's think carefully about that one.

that is purely subjective. there is nothing wrong with keeping it in the family.