Thread: Reincarnated II (1993 sequel)

Default Reincarnated II (1993 sequel)

I've watched this ages ago as a youth, and always wondered where the prequel was. Now I research with the fine thing called internet and find out that was made in 1979. Now I don't feel bad for not having seen it.

Now rewatching the series, I'm so confused how is Wu Di's daughter Dugu Fang is also Wan Fei Yang's half sister? Did his wife first had relations with Wan Fei Yang's hidden dad and later marry another man and produced a daughter, thus Fei Yang's sister?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Dugu Fang's mother married to Wu Di first. She then had an affair with Fei Yang's dad and pregnant by him. The first part is so much better than the second.

I think people who liked the first one and dislike this sequel is fine. I never saw the first one and well I think this series just should be seen as a stand alone series or spin-off then they can come to like it for what it is and stop the comparison.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I've watched this ages ago as a youth, and always wondered where the prequel was. Now I research with the fine thing called internet and find out that was made in 1979. Now I don't feel bad for not having seen it.

Now rewatching the series, I'm so confused how is Wu Di's daughter Dugu Fang is also Wan Fei Yang's half sister? Did his wife first had relations with Wan Fei Yang's hidden dad and later marry another man and produced a daughter, thus Fei Yang's sister?
    You're referring to the one where Norman Tsui stormed out of the studio half-way through the series right?

According to the original series, Dugu WuDi loved his wife and just prior to his wedding, his teacher told him to castrate himself to practice the special martial arts and be dominant over wulin. He was initially hesitant but then the old dude coerced him into doing it for the sake of the glory of their clan. Dugu Wudi probably never told his wife but they never shared a bedroom even though they got married.

Mrs. Dugu gets bitter and unhappy with this. one day, Fei Yang dad infiltrates the clan and gets injured by Dugu Wudi. He hides himself in her room and she cooperates. They soon develop a sexual relationship (not sure if they love each other but hey), Fei Yang's dad leaves and Mrs. Dugu has Phoenix as revenge against her husband.

Dugu Wudi knows the kid is not his and guesses who the father is, but acknowledges the child out of pride. His love turn to hate, so he spoils Phoenix and uses her to against her biological dad.

Before all this happened, Fei Yang's dad already had a wife and Fei Yang, but had to give them up to takeover the clan leadership which required celibacy.

The first one is way better. Didnt like the sequel made in 1980 right after the original.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I'm actually talking about the sequel they made with Eric Wan Tin Chiu as Siu Chi, had Erica Choi the emperor's sister and others.

So I never saw the 1979 nor the 1980.

I read the wiki on the series and it seems like Wan Fei Yang was an illegitimate son of his teacher, who taught him secretly martial arts that were only taught to higher upper students who would one day be leader.

The one with Eric was the third if I remember. The second reincarnated was change the actor. He was inside something like a cocoon and appear another guy who act Wan fei Yang. I didn't like the second one because Normand wasn't inside. But it's seem Normand got a scandal because he was come filming drunk...and that why he was replace.
    The version 93 where Eric was inside was suppose the direct Reincarnated from the version 78. I did like this version but was too short hm.

One a best song from Michael Kwan

CR: freemanbenny75
    Last edited by Miaka FY; 06-22-15 at 01:30 PM.

I am actually watching this on youtube again and I really hate it. Eric's acting is fine but the acting of the overall young cast is bad. The good thing is that the veterans put up a fantastic job in fights and acting but it is not enough to save this series. The final fight is really bad.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Reincarnated in 1979 and Dragon Strikes in 1980 are a set - DS is the sequel to Reincarnated, with the same cast and characters, most of whom don't make it to the end of DS, sadly.

Reincarnated 1993 is a remake of the entire story, although the plot follows the story in DS more than the story in the original Reincarnated i.e. it deals with Yun Feiyang after he is powerful and details the fight against the White Lotus Sect and the Ming Court, rather than he early days when he was a nobody struggling to survive against the Wudi Clan and the Nameless Manor. Most references to the original Reincarnated were dealt with in the first episode (e.g. Dugu Wudi and Lu Dan's family background).

Which means you could, theoretically, and if you overlook a few inconsistencies, treat Reincarnated 1993 as the sequel to the original Reincarnated, but I personally preferred Dragon Strikes. For starters, having Zhengde as a real scumbag was much less cheesy than having him possessed by black magic. Pak Piu was also much more likeable as Xu Tingfeng compared to Poon Chi Man. Eric Wan, for all his charm later in the Vampire series of serials, just cannot compare to Leung Siu Lung's ruggedness.

Is 'Reincarnated I' worth watching just for Candice Yu?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I find the pacing quite good for such an old series. If you don't mind the bad graphics and fake sceneries, the tight plot and characterization can be quite addictive. I watched it for Ng Wai Kok.
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Oh yes - she was the sweetest thing on earth, and I never forgave Wan Feiyeung for his treatment of her.

oh I'm surprised there are still people who remember this series. I was watching old series on youtube and suddenly came across Reincarnation 2 (1993). I remember I saw this when I was about 9, time really flies! This is definitely one of my fave ATV ancient drama, also mainly because of Eric Wan's great acting. though I haven't seen the original version yet..

There is something weird about this serial. At the beginning there are 2 ladies wearing pink playing guitar with Dugu Wudi, but they suddenly disappeared without a clue when Wan Fei Yeung jumped off the balloon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNdr...OasmqLm_XR6H7L

Dudu Wudi talked about his daughter passed away but she was alive in the first part.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    There is something weird about this serial. At the beginning there are 2 ladies wearing pink playing guitar with Dugu Wudi, but they suddenly disappeared without a clue when Wan Fei Yeung jumped off the balloon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNdr...OasmqLm_XR6H7L

Dudu Wudi talked about his daughter passed away but she was alive in the first part.
    Huh? Duk Goo Fung? She died in part 1 of the original series. She jumped off a cliff at the end. And if you watched part two of the original series, she definately died after killing Wan Fei Yeung.
    Cyril Connolly

The first part was so much better. Dugu Wudi was evil but a good and legitimate fighter. On part 2, he became a cheater. He relies on his pill for power. In part 1, it never mention that he needs the pill for his martial art.