Thread: Why are you addicted to SPCNET forum? Appreciation style

Talking Why are you addicted to SPCNET forum? Appreciation style

I don't know if there is a thread on this but if there is, sorry. This can be part 2 then. LOL.

Ok everyone, we all know why we come here for. Without SPCNET admins, mods, members, and guests, this site wouldn't be possible right? I know some of us already express our appreciation in other threads, but sometimes it gets overlooked and missed. I thought it would be great to have a thread only to appreciate anybody and even anything in here. It is the reason why we are addicted to this site right? We always come here for more. I can first start and feel free to add please. **don't limit yourself. If one person already express their appreciation on that typical individual/thread/etc, feel free to do it again. The more, the merrier and support**

1. AiYRong's constant updates on upcoming tv series with beautiful pictures from the scenes. The anticipation of wanting to watch these upcoming series drives me nuts. Thanks AiYRong!
    2. Ahn Nam: thanks for reading and commenting my fan fic story. The best part is you helping me edit my chs. You're awesome!
    3. LuNaR: you are hilarious and always entertaining. I believe you were the first person to comment my off topic thread when I when I first joined. Lol. Thanks for making me feel welcome.
    4. Mandred Skavenslayer, you were the first to comment my fanfic story. You just don't know but you boost my confident in posting up my chs. Lol. Thanks.
    5. Geraldsaw: same as Mandred Skavenslayer. Thanks for that boost!

i would love to list more but I want everyone to have this opportunity also. Start yo!
    Sim neej aws...

i aint #1
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Yes, I am very addicted to spcnet. I visit the forum a few times a day but do not post very often today. {Reading all the conversation between skoo78 and LuNaR all over the places takes place a lot of time. :-) I suggest you start a thread on "Conversation between skoo78 and LuNaR ONLY"}.

There are many "nice" people in this forum whom I will like to thank. But I am sorry I can't remember all of them. I am sorry if I got the names wrong too. Anyway, here I go:
    1. Green Destiny: for changing my views that it is fine for ZWJ and ZM to be together
    2. Athena: for informing the edition changes. Thanks for informing that DY and MQW are together. At least I watch an wuxia series after such a long time for this.
    3. Thanks to "wuxiarocks" who posted the DGSD videos on his/her youtube channel for people like me to gain access. And Shakespeare for posting all the beautiful pictures.
    4. Thanks to Ken for making the wuxia fiction alive. Thanks for being my "only" friend in this forum.
    5. Thanks to "skoo88" for making the "off" forum lively.

Many many others like PJ, TC, Candide (with his usual twist to the discussion), rababbi, Han Solo (with his medical advice), Temujin, and many many others. Of course to LuNaR for "killing" me in the wuxia game. Actually did you? :-)
    Last edited by wkeej; 09-15-14 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    i aint #1
    You don't need to be #1 in here. You are already #1 in my eyes.

@ wkeej: aww, thanks. I can't make this forum alive without you, ken, and others commenting. So thank you. You still haven't comment about the Korean series. Lol. i blame LuNaR for all of those side conversations. But if it wasn't for him, it won't be entertaining also. Lol.

**continuing my thanks after waking up to get ready for work**
    6. Wkeej as I stated above. Lol
    7. Darckser: thanks for such in depth conversation on Roleplay and other side topics. Keep it going!
    8. Guests: for reading all of the forums, even this one. Even I am a guest sometimes when I am too lazy to login. Lol.
    9. Silent readers in fanfics and wuxia translations: I was a silent reader myself, sometimes I still am lol. Thank you for reading the authors and translators stories.
    10. Avidfan and his fan readers: Avidfan, If you read this, I highly respect you and applaud you for giving us an addiction to read your fanfics stories. Thanks for supporting my fanfics and thanks for writing such wonderful wuxia stories. Avidfan readers, your comments are always fun to read, especially kidnapping Avidfan. Lol.
    11. LuNaR for providing me your number lol.
    12. Spcnet thanks for great technical support!
    13. The actors, actresses, mainland series forums: thanks for having these forums! I enjoy all of those pictures. It was one of the reasons why I found spcnet. Lol.
    14. Ken: thanks for the songs. I always enjoy your threads, especially wuxia fiction and random thoughts.

More to come....keep it going people...
    Sim neej aws...

6. To add kidd for her constant slamming about my multiple posts about xz.

I'm mostly here for Stellar Transformations, Coiled Dragon and Martial Odyssey these days since most of the JY/GL works have already been completed over the years by a multitude of translators. My thanks for all the hard work on translations and writings.

It's when there are slow periods between updates that I find myself posting about random subjects -otherwise I lurk for the most part
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Endless revenge opportunities; it beats joining ISIS/ISIL, which is illegal and too gory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Endless revenge opportunities; it beats joining ISIS/ISIL, which is illegal and too gory.
    Wah, you're always full of vengeance. Lol.

Noticed you changed your avatar. Curious, who is he and why does he wear a helmet while holding a guitar?
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Wah, you're always full of vengeance. Lol.

Noticed you changed your avatar. Curious, who is he and why does he wear a helmet while holding a guitar?
    The character is named Jiro, and he's an android. He's the main character of the 1972 Japanese tokusatsu series JINZO NINGEN KIKAIDER.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.henshinonline.com/images/kikaida_dvd_002.jpg')

@ Ken Cheng: Thank you for the explanation. But still, why does he wear a helmet and carries a guitar? Is there a significance towards those items? When he transformed, he reminds me of Ultraman. Gosh, these are the good ol' days when my siblings and I watch these Japanese super hero shows. Love Godzilla!
    Sim neej aws...

@ Ken Cheng: Thank you for the explanation. But still, why does he wear a helmet and carries a guitar? Is there a significance towards those items? When he transformed, he reminds me of Ultraman. Gosh, these are the good ol' days when my siblings and I watch these Japanese super hero shows. Love Godzilla!
    He wears a helmet because he often rides a motorcycle.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140328044134/kikaider/images/6/62/Side_Machine2.jpg')

The guitar serves four purposes:

1. He uses it to announce his presence before he appears to kick mechanical beast butt and save innocent people.

2. When he plays it, he generates kinetic energy to power his internal generator (which is required to transform into Kikaida mode).

3. It helps him stay in touch with his human side (Jiro is a machine, but his artificial intelligence gives him a soul).

4. Unbeknownst to his enemies, Jiro keeps a schematic of himself inside the guitar; if he is ever damaged/destroyed, a friendly robotics scientist can use those plans to repair/rebuild him.

Of course, the fifth, undocumented reason is that it looks hella cool.

Jiro does, however, sometimes not wear the helmet (especially when he's not on his motorbike):

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.tarrantnostra.com/kikaida/jiro.jpg')

A real world reason, however, that the show's director had actor Ban Daisuke, who played Jiro, wear the helmet more often than was necessary was that Mr. Ban injured his head in a diving stunt while filming an action scene for the second episode of the show. The injury left a wound that didn't heal for several months, so the director asked Mr. Ban to wear the helmet as often as possible. After that, fans got so used to seeing Jiro in the helmet that he wore it most of the time because that was the character's image.

It was kind of a trend in early 1970s live-action superhero shows: the superheroes, in their pre-transformed, human forms, usually wore their motorcycle helmets when fighting the monsters.

@ Ken Cheng: ah...now I understand. So do you have a collection of this series store in your home?
    Sim neej aws...

@ Ken Cheng: ah...now I understand. So do you have a collection of this series store in your home?
    Yes, I do. This series was *literally* the first thing I remember in my life...having watched it as a child in Hong Kong when I lived there briefly from six months after my birth until I was two years old. JINZO NINGEN KIKAIDA has strongly influenced my tastes.

Yes, I do. This series was *literally* the first thing I remember in my life...having watched it as a child in Hong Kong when I lived there briefly from six months after my birth until I was two years old. JINZO NINGEN KIKAIDA has strongly influenced my tastes.
    Wow, you have a very good memory and at 2 YEARS OLD? I don't even remember anything then. I only remember my first Santa Claus. I think I was 4...who knows. All I saw was a big old guy with a white beard saying, "HO HO HO..." which scared that crap out of me. I have a picture too and I did not look happy in it.

So you came to the states when you were 2 then?
    Sim neej aws...

Wow, you have a very good memory and at 2 YEARS OLD? I don't even remember anything then. I only remember my first Santa Claus. I think I was 4...who knows. All I saw was a big old guy with a white beard saying, "HO HO HO..." which scared that crap out of me. I have a picture too and I did not look happy in it.

So you came to the states when you were 2 then?
    Actually, I was *born* in the U.S. (in Hollywood, no less), spent the first six months of my life in L.A., was taken to Hong Kong as a six-month-old baby, stayed there for about two years, then returned to the U.S. (L.A.) again, where I've been ever since. Hong Kong is an important part of my heritage, but I have a hard time fully identifying with it because I've spent 99% of my life in the U.S. Still, that brief, early period in Hong Kong left a strong impression on me. Other than KIKAIDA (Japanese superheroes were big in Hong Kong TV at the time), I have a strong impression of double-deck buses, double-deck cable cars, and the red chopsticks and rice bowls at my grandparents' house.

I visited Hong Kong again for about three weeks (maybe slightly longer) in late 1979...actually started the 1980s there (distinctly remember the then Viceroy of Hong Kong ringing in the new year). By the middle of January, 1980, however, I was back in L.A. and have not set foot in Asia ever since (yes, it's been 34 years).

Actually, I was *born* in the U.S. (in Hollywood, no less), spent the first six months of my life in L.A., was taken to Hong Kong as a six-month-old baby, stayed there for about two years, then returned to the U.S. (L.A.) again, where I've been ever since. Hong Kong is an important part of my heritage, but I have a hard time fully identifying with it because I've spent 99% of my life in the U.S. Still, that brief, early period in Hong Kong left a strong impression on me. Other than KIKAIDA (Japanese superheroes were big on Hong Kong TV at the time), I have a strong impression of double-deck buses, double-deck cable cars, and the red chopsticks and rice bowls at my grandparents' house.

I visited Hong Kong again for about three weeks (maybe slightly longer) in late 1979...actually started the 1980s there (distinctly remember the then Viceroy of Hong Kong ringing in the new year). By the middle of January, 1980, however, I was back in L.A. and have not set foot in Asia ever since (yes, it's been 34 years).
    how old are u bro? lol
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Actually, I was *born* in the U.S. (in Hollywood, no less), spent the first six months of my life in L.A., was taken to Hong Kong as a six-month-old baby, stayed there for about two years, then returned to the U.S. (L.A.) again, where I've been ever since. Hong Kong is an important part of my heritage, but I have a hard time fully identifying with it because I've spent 99% of my life in the U.S. Still, that brief, early period in Hong Kong left a strong impression on me. Other than KIKAIDA (Japanese superheroes were big on Hong Kong TV at the time), I have a strong impression of double-deck buses, double-deck cable cars, and the red chopsticks and rice bowls at my grandparents' house.

Would you visit Hong Kong again in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    how old are u bro? lol
    Correct me if I am wrong Ken Cheng. By reading your little bio, you're probably 36?
    Sim neej aws...

Would you visit Hong Kong again in the near future?
    There are only two limiting factors, but both are pretty significant: time and money.

Of course, I'd be tooling around Hong Kong with a map in my hand (I'm really old school), and probably saying many times, "Excuse me. I need help. I'm a stupid American and I'm lost."

Correct me if I am wrong Ken Cheng. By reading your little bio, you're probably 36?
    Forty-two.

There are only two limiting factors, but both are pretty significant: time and money.

Of course, I'd be tooling around Hong Kong with a map in my hand (I'm really old school), and probably saying many times, "Excuse me. I need help. I'm a stupid American and I'm lost."

Forty-two.
    @Ken Cheng: I didn't know what happened but my comment was inside your quote...

Well at least you know Cantonese, so it will be easier for you to have a decent conversation comparing to a non-cantonese speaker (a hem...me...). I would be so lost...

42? Dang it! I was WAAAAYYYYY off the mark.. lol.
    Last edited by skoo78; 09-22-14 at 03:26 PM.
    Sim neej aws...