Thread: Empress Ki 2013 Period Drama

Default Empress Ki 2013 Period Drama

Anyone watched this?

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...48_145578.html

This is a fictionalised historical drama of a real Korean who became an Empress in the Yuan dynasty period.

Very long on 51 epi and while my wife is hooked on it I found that it was very tedious with a very stupid woman who kept getting involved in the Yuan royal family's internal affairs instead of sticking to the man she really loved, the deposed Korean king, in his attempts to solved the problems back in his kingdom.

Spoiler Alert Below!

Her meddling in the Yuan dynasty royal family resulted in her becoming the Queen of a very madly besorted but quite useless Emperor. She gave birth to a boy with the Korean king as the father but the baby was taken in by the Yuan Empress desperate for a son to protect her position.
    This big secret gave the Yuan Emperor the excuse to murder the Korean king despite Empress Ki's sacrifice to marry him in return to restoring the rights of the deposed Korean king.

Pretty stupid woman in my opinion. Too much deaths caused by her itchy backside interest in promoting the interest of the weak Yuan Emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    Anyone watched this?

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...48_145578.html

This is a fictionalised historical drama of a real Korean who became an Empress in the Yuan dynasty period.

Very long on 51 epi and while my wife is hooked on it I found that it was very tedious with a very stupid woman who kept getting involved in the Yuan royal family's internal affairs instead of sticking to the man she really loved, the deposed Korean king, in his attempts to solved the problems back in his kingdom.

Spoiler Alert Below!

Her meddling in the Yuan dynasty royal family resulted in her becoming the Queen of a very madly besorted but quite useless Emperor. She gave birth to a boy with the Korean king as the father but the baby was taken in by the Yuan Empress desperate for a son to protect her position.
    This big secret gave the Yuan Emperor the excuse to murder the Korean king despite Empress Ki's sacrifice to marry him in return to restoring the rights of the deposed Korean king.

Pretty stupid woman in my opinion. Too much deaths caused by her itchy backside interest in promoting the interest of the weak Yuan Emperor.
    I was going to watch this series, but my sister told me not to watch it. She told me it could have been better at the end and she didn't like Empress Ki's character as well. Since her and I have similar taste in tv series, I skipped it and watched Bridal Mask. That series is a Tear Jerker! I cried so much, especially up to ep 7/8 I believe. If you've seen it, what do you think of it? If not, you and your wife should watch it IF the both of you are into the 1930's era.

Have anybody else watched Bridal Mask?
    Sim neej aws...

2013? Is this movie recomended to watch?

Wow...so much hate. I watched the whole thing because I was a fan of the actress Ha Ji Won that played Empress Ki. But really, I wanted to shoot them all. The Korean King was too morbid and the Yuan King was too weak. She should have gone postal and kill them all. Than run away with her swoon worthy and much smarter teacher.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

I thought the series was okay.... lol I agree with you Linda.

Empress Ki was my favorite serie 2014. The plot story, between Goryo and Yuan country. The plot love story about Nyang Nyang with Wang Yoo and Ta Hwan. The secret inside in the story, her son...''tear'' omg...my Ta Hwan x Seung Nyang (I was shipping hard for this couple)
    specially the song ...you will cry just to listening
    contain spoiler so be warning

credit YozohhhCH4 channel youtube

I recommend this serie if you want something good plot story, action, melodrama...