Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Douluo Dalu by Tang Jia San Shao

Hi episod2ux,
    Thanks for info. Please advise the link. TQ.

Hi episod3ux . Typo error.

Quote Originally Posted by lawwoo View Post
    Hi episod3ux . Typo error.
    Here.
    2/3 Parts of chapter 37 is out btw.

Guys and gals,In this latest episode, I just realised that Tang San has become.....wait for it,SPIDER-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, this has to be one of my favorite out of the wuxia translations that I have read. Waiting for the continuation.

Quote Originally Posted by spynet View Post
    Thanks, this has to be one of my favorite out of the wuxia translations that I have read. Waiting for the continuation.
    Yes definitely one of the most intriguing and well plotted story. And to praise it further, the translator is obviously an English major. It's quite obvious the translation is not so colored by MT as it flows so well.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsaw View Post
    Yes definitely one of the most intriguing and well plotted story. And to praise it further, the translator is obviously an English major. It's quite obvious the translation is not so colored by MT as it flows so well.
    very interesting! can't wait for more thanks

https://bluesilvertranslations.wordp.../chapter-list/

Go here to read upto chapter 45!!

Quote Originally Posted by gamesmaniac View Post
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?...&usp=drive_web (primary site of translator before complete and post to bluesilver) translated chapter 46 part1part2

I love the frequent updates.
    Caught up yesterday and already two new parts!

Thanks Bagleson

I really like this novel. It feels like a light hearted journey where anything can happen, and the characters are powerful but not dramatically so.

light hearted?

Yes, I think so.

Their enemies are usually dispatched of very quickly and there aren't many lingering after effects. Everytime something dangerous happens, it is generally resolved with them getting the best of it shortly. There is no huge quest of vengeance or need for them to save the country. Compare this to ST/CD where they are placed with a heavy burden since childhood, and every story arc lasts books before they resolve it and they get into some other danger.

All of the children probably have some sort of trouble regarding their origin eventually, but I don't expect any of them to be unable to resolve it quickly. I mean Tang San technically has a tragic past since he committed suicide to wind up here, and his father was an unloving alcoholic, but those things are made to be minor since Tang San himself is grateful for everything and his father has shown that he really does care, and is probably one of the strongest people ever to boot.
    Last edited by tape; 03-08-15 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Yes, I think so.

Their enemies are usually dispatched of very quickly and there aren't many lingering after effects. Everytime something dangerous happens, it is generally resolved with them getting the best of it shortly. There is no huge quest of vengeance or need for them to save the country. Compare this to ST/CD where they are placed with a heavy burden since childhood, and every story arc lasts books before they resolve it and they get into some other danger.

All of the children probably have some sort of trouble regarding their origin eventually, but I don't expect any of them to be unable to resolve it quickly. I mean Tang San technically has a tragic past since he committed suicide to wind up here, and his father was an unloving alcoholic, but those things are made to be minor since Tang San himself is grateful for everything and his father has shown that he really does care, and is probably one of the strongest people ever to boot.
    http://rs2img.memecdn.com/raughs_o_329127.jpg x20
    You`re going to see why(no spoilers,techincally)
    I would spam you with this picture later,but it seems you did not think through carefully.How can the number 2 writer of XIANXIA(which we all know,are about fighting and the MC getting an enemy) make a light hearted story?This post is going to be gold,once we get the villain(I read the spoilers,this will be fun).I will have to resist the urge to raugh later,but that`s only in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Bludflag View Post
    http://rs2img.memecdn.com/raughs_o_329127.jpg x20
    You`re going to see why(no spoilers,techincally)
    I would spam you with this picture later,but it seems you did not think through carefully.How can the number 2 writer of XIANXIA(which we all know,are about fighting and the MC getting an enemy) make a light hearted story?This post is going to be gold,once we get the villain(I read the spoilers,this will be fun).I will have to resist the urge to raugh later,but that`s only in the future
    I didn't click the link cause I don't want to be spoiled, but I don't mind if I'm wrong! Just my impression so far. As I said, seems like anything can happen since there hasn't been a central arc yet.

Wuxi is not generally light hearted, but there are many that are. It's not a crazy concept to go against the norm.

Its just a picture of someone laughing.

How long is the novel anyway?
    We're at #76

Quote Originally Posted by Leehar View Post

We're at #76
    300 chapter and there is a sequel a new different story with different New seven devils.

Quote Originally Posted by Leehar View Post

We're at #76
    336 chapters and like Geomchi said,the continuation.I shall not read the continuation even if it gets translated because it ruined everything established in DD,by making the MC too OP without any reason,so nope from my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Bludflag View Post
    336 chapters and like Geomchi said,the continuation.I shall not read the continuation even if it gets translated because it ruined everything established in DD,by making the MC too OP without any reason,so nope from my side.
    The 'continuation' wasn't even done by the original author, or so I hear? So is it really a sequel and not simply a glorified fanfic?
    I may not look like much, but I'm an expert at pretending to be a ninja.