Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Douluo Dalu by Tang Jia San Shao

Quote Originally Posted by Telash View Post
    The 'continuation' wasn't even done by the original author, or so I hear? So is it really a sequel and not simply a glorified fanfic?
    Better to ask someone with MTL reading skills or Bagelson(google drive or wordpress,your call).

hmmm with the latest chapter, I can see Tang San being super duper OP in the future :P

Just finished reading the whole translated chapters and I have to say that I find this novel better than Coiling Dragon and Stellar Transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by agila0212 View Post
    Just finished reading the whole translated chapters and I have to say that I find this novel better than Coiling Dragon and Stellar Transformation.
    Probably the World of Xiuzhenist is weak is meat, strong eat.

This Douluo is more anime-ish

---------------------------------------------

Just started reading this translation.

Thank you for the translator.

I'm truly enjoy this book.

What can people without bilingual skills do to help get this translated? I really love this story, but it feels like the rate of translation has plummeted. It used to be a chapter every few days, sometimes less. Now its a week for a part of a chapter. I'm worried the project will end up dying at this rate.

It does seem to have slowed down quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by lcf152 View Post
    What can people without bilingual skills do to help get this translated? I really love this story, but it feels like the rate of translation has plummeted. It used to be a chapter every few days, sometimes less. Now its a week for a part of a chapter. I'm worried the project will end up dying at this rate.
    ahem. it's due to exams, dude.. alot of translators speed has dropped these days because they simply dont have enough time. within a few weeks it should return to normal, and likely even increase in speed for a while

Actually, I just read that its because he's been reading play to live and btth (ch350)?
    I guess he does deserve the break though

This should have a sponsorship system like coiling dragon so the translator(s) will have the motivation. Maybe other translators will pick this up since the translation is slowing down..... This novel is too good and too popular to be translated this slow

Thanks to the new translators

seems to be picking up pace

oh and

Doulou Dalu >>>> BTTH, all IET novel, All the Wuxia combined

Any ideas why Xiao wu is first up? Just because they don't want tang san taking on all 7 guys every time?
    Why not give an opportunity to those 4 replacement guys they have, specially since they won't need the auxiliary guys anyway.
    Keep tang san for the last spot, since every match will be a guaranteed win, so they won't really need the tiebreak either

4 title douluo in one place, say what!
    I was actually expecting his father to come by, but guess he's waiting for a surprise entrance to defeat spirit palace?
    They should have killed the two guys though, get rid of future enemies early!

Just finished listening to all of the chapters in Chinese via iPhone.

I started following the manga and then the bluesilver translations. Having a lexicon in English really helped my comprehension of the story. I don't think I would've been able to follow the story without such a primer.

If anyone wants a general synopsis as a spoiler I can provide one while it's still fresh in my mind. I started listening at chapter 142 or so.

More importantly, how close are we to the end? 40 chapters?

There are 236 chapters in DLDL. Bluesilver is on 147. I think they're also bottlenecked because they go from Chinese to Japanese to English so the English translation can only start after the Japanese one is done.

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    There are 236 chapters in DLDL. Bluesilver is on 147. I think they're also bottlenecked because they go from Chinese to Japanese to English so the English translation can only start after the Japanese one is done.
    DLDL is a Chinese web novel to begin with so the is no bottleneck in that regard^^