Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 九鼎记 - The Nine Cauldrons, by I Eat Tomatoes

Post 九鼎记 - The Nine Cauldrons, by I Eat Tomatoes

Hello guys, this is my first time translating. I hope you enjoy this series. I am a huge fan of I Eat Tomatoe's work. Coiling dragon, Stellar Transformation, the Desolate Era, & Douluo Dalu (Tang Jia San Shao) are some of my favorite reads. Today i officially stop being a Leecher and realized translating a chapter isn't that easy. Took me quite some time to get this done.

English is not my first language, if i make some mistake, would appreciate if you can correct me and i will amend the changes in the chapter. Anyhow, i hope you guys enjoy this chapter as much as i did. This MC is Different from the rest, his achievements doesn't completely depend on Absolute luck like Meteoric Tear from ST or the Coiling dragon ring from CD. I am reading this along with you guys, lets see how it goes

This series is Being Actively Translated at www.wuxiatranslations.com

Chapter 01: Teng Qing Shan

The second floor of the Teahouse was very peaceful, gentle music sounded like water flowing, which made people feel relaxing. There were not many people on the second floor of the Teahouse, only approximately more than ten. Groups of two or three people lowered their voice during their talks.There was suddenly a sound of footsteps from the stairs, drawing the attention of some guests.

A graceful young girl wearing jeans, a white Polo T-shirt with ponytail, together with a tall lady with short hair wearing purple clothes, stepped on to the second floor of the Teahouse.

Many people glanced at them.

"Lets look at these two beautiful ladies! Especially the pretty lady who is wearing purple clothes! Well, I studied at Suzhou University for four years and have just returned to An Yi, cannot believe there is such a very pretty woman like that in this place. How pretty she is! The other girl seems to be quite young, but is still a very attractive one.

"Hey Monkey, no matter how beautiful those women are, they must belong to others, youd better stop dreaming!

"Haizz, big brother please dont make me down. I wonder who that short-haired tall girl is. I have lived for more than 20 years but she is absolutely in top three most beautiful women I have ever met. Her face, her way it touches people's heart "

"Monkey, let me tell you. That pretty woman is called Lin Qing- a very powerful person. Two days ago we saw the Land Rover car costing two hundred thousand yuan which belongs to her. In An Yi County, she owns one pub and two teahouses. Our properties are very little compared to hers.

"Really?" - That young guy with nickname "Monkey" could not help rolling his eyes and putting his tongue out.
    An Yi County was a just an ordinary county in Jiang Su province. A two hundred thousand yuan Land Rover car in a small county was shocking indeed.

"Ms. Lin, we have just prepared a room for you, please follow me- said a floor attendant of the Teahouse.
    The two women slowly followed the floor attendant to the VIP room in the prying eyes of many people there. The room door then closed.

Inside the room.

Lin Qing ordered a pot of tea and waited for the floor attendant to leave.

"Ms. Lin, you came here every day for the past few days, and only chose this VIP room. Ha ha, everyone can know your Sima Zhao thoughts."-The pony tailed girl looked out of the window. There was an orphanage opposite the main window.
    [TS Note: Sima Zhao is like a
    historical character in Chinese culture]

There were only a few staff playing with orphans in the orphanages front yard.

"You are so funny- Lin Qing couldnt help laughing. But Lin Qing still sometimes starred out of the window towards the orphanage. Her quite regretful eyes revealed that she was trying to search for something but just couldnt find it.

Its really weird! There is no sign of Teng Qing Shan. Why he didn't come today? Doesn't he know that our Ms. Lin is right here waiting for him desperately?" The young girl with ponytail wailed intentionally.
    "Okay Xiao Min, please stop joking." Lin Qing smiled.

Young ponytail girl "Xiao Min" nodded, but then she wondered: "Ms. Lin, I feel that Teng Qing Shan is a very mystical one. That time when we were climbing up Da XingAn mountain, Teng Qing Shan carried you on his back for almost twenty miles of mountain road. Its mountain road! Teng Qing Shans strength was so scary. "
    "He's very mysterious." Lin Qing nodded.

Lin Qing still remembered very clearly the situation when she met Qing Shan.

At that time, Lin Qing and some of her friends went to the northeast, to discover the Da XingAn mountain range.
    Being the adventurous youth, Lin Qings group of did not follow safe tourist trail. They hired a local villager as a guide for them and then headed to few unknown wilderness areas.

Who knew ...

The deserted mountainous scene with no human footprints was so charming, Lin Qing got attracted to a strange bird. She lost her teammates while trying to follow that bird. By the time Lin Qing realized her situation, she just couldnt see her group anymore.

There was no mobile phone signal in this wilderness, so she just could not contact her group.
    No one could hear her sound, so Lin Qing only choice was to try and find her way back. She didnt know in advance that she would meet a group of poachers in Da Xing An Mountain. Those men hadnt touched any woman for a long time, while Lin Qing was so beautiful. As a result, they harassed her. Lin Qing was a tough nut so she managed to fight against their force. Ultimately, she was just a woman, and was unable to escape from those 5 men.

Lin Qing was hit by those poachers, desperately waiting for being humiliated. But then Teng Qing Shan suddenly appeared from Da XingAn mountain and walked over to them. Teng Qing Shan attacked those poachers quickly. Lin Qing was injured and couldnt catch his action. But as soon as she realized what was happening there, those bad guys were all knocked down.

"Uh ..." While recalling those memories, Lin Qing could not help making a sound. There was a smile on her face.
    "Teng Qing Shan at first wanted to let me find my way back, luckily in the end he was not that cruel and carried me home on his back." Lin Qing memorized every scene then. Lin Qing was lying on the back of Shan, just like small boat drifting down the river to the port. Despite the bumpy mountain road, Lin Qing still felt really relief.
    Travelling twenty miles over the bumpy mountain road, Teng Qing Shan carried Lin Qing on his back to the destination.

Normal people would feel exhausted after walking twenty miles on the mountain road, not to say carrying one on his back. Furthermore, Da XingAn is a huge mountain. Even commandos would find that unbearable.
    After the mysterious Teng Qing Shan and Lin Qing said good bye to each other at Da Xingan, Lin Qing thought that she could never see Teng Qing Shan again. She just couldnt imagine that one day she could meet him at An Yi County.

"Teng Qing Shan ..." Lin Qing still immersed in those memories.

"Ms. Lin, look! Teng Qing Shan has appeared!" She was woken up by the yell of Xiao Min. She then turned to the window and looked out.

Opposite to the main window there was an orphanage, with the full name "Hua Hin Children orphanage". Qing Lin and Xiao Min could clearly see the courtyard of the orphanage from the window. A young man with short hair wearing glasses, and ordinary clothes was carrying a large pot filled with apples going to the courtyard of the orphanage.

"Whoa! Apples"

"Lets eat apples!"

"Lets line up to eat apples."

"Dont panic. You stand behind me please. Line up!"

All the children playing in the yard voluntarily line up into two sub-teams.

Hua Hin Children orphanage provides every orphan a glass of milk every morning, and some fruits in the afternoon. Those orphan children didnt have fruits to eat very often, so fruits were so appealing to them. "Thank you, uncle Teng

Those smart children happily said thanks while receiving lovely ripe red apples from the young guy.
    The short-haired youth smiled while continuing giving more fruits to those children.

In the VIP room of the Teahouse, Xiao Min and Lin Qing were watching the short-haired guy distributing fruits from the window.

"Ms.Lin, Teng Qing Shan looks so happy. He seems to really love those little children-said Xiao Min

"Yes, he really loves those little children, otherwise he wouldn't go to this orphanage to work for free. Lin Qing eyes stopped on the body of that short-haired young man-Teng Qing Shan. Teng Qing Shan treating the orphans with a sincere smile on his face had absolutely left a deep impression on her. "Xiao Min, I suddenly want to do one thing.

"Doing what?" Xiao Min's eyes lit up.

Lin Qing said: "Mrs. Hua Hin has been running this orphanage herself for nearly thirty years, about which I really respect and admire... Im pleased to donate them one hundred thousand yuan. Could you please help me to come and meet the orphanages representative?

Mrs. Hua Hin was more than eighty years old. She was the Chief of Hua Hin Children orphanage. "That's a good deed. Xiao Min said happily.

The short-haired young men Teng Qing Shan had just stop distributing apples, most of the little children received their fruits and started to eat them.

"How small it is! A slightly curly-haired little child was looking at the apple in his hand, compared it with the apples of the others, and detected that his apple was significantly smaller than theirs. This orphanage was obviously incapable of buying fruits having the same size, consequently the fruits those children received were not the same size.

Those little children were fond of comparing! A little bit smaller size made them feel like suffering a loss.

"Brother, my apple is the smallest one. Yours is much bigger than mine, almost twice as big as mine."- said the curly-haired little boy to a big boy standing next to him.

"Well, I feel unpleasant in my stomach today. I think I cannot eat all this big apple. Do you want to exchange?" laughed this boy. The curly-haired boys black eyes lit up, he asked: "Really?" Though he asked so, his eyes actually directed towards the huge apple in his big brothers hand.

"How can it be a joke?- laughed the big boy. He took the apple in the hand of his little brother and gave him his one.

Teng Qing Shan had finished his distribution, and caught that scene.

"Those two guys ..." Teng Qing Shan eyes were shaking. A very old scene appeared in his mind.

It was on the Lunar New Year's Eve very long time ago

The snowflake fluttered, firecrackers rang incessantly outside. In an empty room, a bunch of big children were clapping their hands and surrounding a sixty-year-old woman.

"There are candies for everyone. One by one please!" The old white-haired woman was watching those children, gave each one three big bunny sugar candies. At that old time, having bunny candies in new year days was really so amazing.

"Thank you."

Those little children were bursting with delight, eagerly receiving the candies.

They hadnt eaten candies for the whole year, so they just couldnt hold their joy in. Everyone was happily eating, while shrieking with excitement.

"Brother!" A child wearing a tatty old shirt, curled his lips and looked at his big brother.

"Whats the matter, Qing Jiang?"- asked the slightly taller boy next to him.

"I ate all the candy, it was so delicious. I finished it in just a wink.
    " That little child called Qing Jiang was watching other children eating candies, which made and his mouth water. The slightly taller boy lowered his head looking at the two sugar candies in his hand.

" Qing Jiang, Take this and eat." -said the slightly taller boy.

"Brother, you dont want to eat it?"- hesitated Qing Ha.

"I have a toothache." Laugh the taller boy. "I had a nasty toothache after I finished the first candy. This is yours. Yeah, remember ... do not chew the candy when u eat it. You chewed on them so you ate all 3 candies while others were still eating the first one.

"Yes! I noted it. You are the best to me."- laughed Qing Jiang. "There are two candies. One for each of us. Okay?

The taller boy lowered his head. Hes also just a little boy and couldnt resist those appealing candies. He nodded: "Okay. We will share."

"One candy for one person please!" - said Teng Qing Shan in a low murmur. " Qing Jiang, twenty years passed. It has been twenty years!"

The was the echo of footsteps. Teng Qing Shan looked back. He saw an old white-haired lady accompanied by a woman coming towards him.

"Madam!"

"Hi madam "

Those of orphans yelled of excitement. A smile, like a blooming flower, appeared on the white-haired old ladys face

"Madam!" Teng Qing Shan was stunned. This Chief reminded him of the Chief who made allowance for him and his little brother 20 years ago. Its been twenty years. That Chief might be eighty-three years old now." Teng Qing Shan was excited and slightly trembling.

But he could soon regain his composure.

"Chief, this guy Qing Shan came on his own initiative, working for us for free. He has been working here for six days. He is agile, hard-working, and very smart. - laughed the woman.

"Teng Qing Shan?" The over-eighty-year-old white-haired woman smiled, looking at Teng Qing Shan.

"Qing Shan, could you please help me to take care of Chief for awhile? I will go preparing dinner for little children in the kitchen.- said the woman with a smile.

"No problem." -laughed Teng Qing Shan.

"Chief, Im gonna leave now.-said the woman. Teng Qing Shan took Chiefs hand to help her. This old woman tenderly looked at Teng Qing Shan with a gentle smile on her face: "Shan, you are twenty three years old, arent you? I've looked over your resume."

"Yes, I have just graduated from college."- nodded Teng Qing Shan.

"At the first time I saw you, I knew that you had never done hard work before. Are you suffering for the past few days here?"- smiled the old white haired women.

"No, I work only when I have a feeling of pleasure and enthusiasm." - said Teng Qing Shan with a smile, holding Chiefs hand.

The Chief emotionally said: "To be honest, Qing Shan, I feel really close to you each time I see you, and cant help thinking of the past. There was a child in this orphanage, who was about eight years old. Our orphanage conditions were very poor. There was only me and my oldest daughter taking care of those children. They were close friends, one called Shan, one called Qing Jiang. I named them. Your name is also Qing Shan... This is fate."

Teng Qing Shan trembled, nodded: "Yes, its fate."

"But Qing Shan was adopted, leaving this orphanage for about twenty two years. He might be twenty nine years old now, much older than you. Perhaps he got married and already had a kid.-said Chief. "He was very smart. I dont know how he is now. Im getting weaker day by day. If only I could see him again.

Teng Qing Shan was so touched: "I believe Chief's wish will come true."

Qing Shan, Qing Jiang were brothers left in front of the orphanage since they were born. At that time, Hua Hin Chief had just opened this orphanage. Qing Shan, Qing Jiang were said to be the earliest group of orphans. Moreover, the Chief raised up those children in poverty. As a result, her affection towards them was very deep.

Lin Qing and Xiao Min observed Teng Qing Shan working at the orphanage. Teng Qing Shan first accompanied the Chief, then went playing with those orphans. From the beginning to the end he didnt feel annoyed at all. All the children there also loved him. Then Teng Qing Shan took the children to the dining room.

"Ms. Lin, there he comes"- said Xiao Min.

Seeing Teng Qing Shan getting out of the orphanage, Lin Qing yelled out: Teng Qing Shan!"

Teng Qing Shan lifted his head.

"Come here and sit for a while-Smiled Lin Qing. She guessed Teng Qing Shan already had dinner, because ... she has invited Teng Qing Shan several times, Teng Qing Shan only came here twice to talk to her.

Teng Qing Shan smiled and shook his head: "I have something that need to be done today, see you next time.

"Its ok then. Lin Qing was quite disappointed but still kept smiling.

Xiao Min and Lin Qing watched Teng Qing Shan going away.

"Ms. Lin, Teng Qing Shan didnt give us face. He did not even respond to Lin Qing beautys invitation."-laughed Xiao Min.

"Okay, why dont we go have dinner at my place? Lin Qing stood up, left the Teahouse with Xiao Min.

In the yard of a house in the suburb of An Yi County.

In the empty courtyard, Teng Qing Shan was shirtless without wearing glasses. With glasses, Teng Qing Shan looked humble. When removing his glasses, he looked unwavering.

Teng Qing Shan was shirtless, in the Xing Yi Quan standing postures.

He breathed in, threw his chest out, simulating tiger claws. His feet was moving like riding on the mud. Teng Qing Shan had a solid masculine appeal like a mountain. Regardless of moving forwards, turning right or fighting, its feel like no one could ever move this stable mountain.

"Whew!" "Whew!"

There was a sound of the breeze in the air.

Once getting in his postures, he stood still like a tripod Cauldron.

His left leg looked like a plow scraping on the ground. He suddenly stomped his right foot. All his body was bent to the limit like a bow ready to be shoot out.

"Poof!"

There was a bang explosion in the air, generating a stream of strong wind in the yard.

Xing Yi Quan posture changed without hesitation to the Five Elements Fist-"Ice Fist", which looks like flowing water, floating clouds.

The more tremendous his power is, the more wind generated.

Normal people learning martial arts would be terrified watching his actions. He kept on changing from Xing Yi Quan to the Five Elements Fist. Obviously he got his supreme power from the Five Elements Fist.
    [TS Note- Xing Yi Quan is a type of Chinese Martial Arts
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xing_Yi_Quan]

"Ho."

His body turned around. Then Teng Qing Shan returned to his first posture of Xing Yi Quan,
    ...slowly exhaling.
    His mind was calm like water, like a lake with no waves at all. He could feel every millimeter of his body, from his five organs for to his muscles, his skin, his hair. However, its still cannot be compared to the "urban" legend.

"This is the ultimate level but its really so hard for me to pass it. If finally I can successfully achieve it, I could die without any regret." Teng Qing Shan could not help making a sound.

I could die with no regrets, my wish will come true.

Xing Yi Quan was one of the three great Internal styles.
    There were several historical people capable of achieving its ultimate level. However, nowadays it was very rare to find someone able to master it.

"This ground is so perishable, I cannot feel comfortable practicing on it." Teng Qing Shan observerd the mud ground which was cracked. He was just only practicing, not really serious in it. If he was really in a fight, the ground would have been destroyed.

Teng Qing Shan then sit cross-legged. His breath was so slight that it could hardly be heard. His mind was calm as water.

He felt so relaxed.

"Wuh wuh ..." His blood was flowing in his vessels so softly, just like water mildly drifting away. His slow heart beat could easily be heard.

Time passed slowly, quickly the night came.

Teng Qing Shan sitting cross-legged in the same yard. There was a tall short man wearing black clothes lowering his voice talking to the microphone stuck on his collar: "Smelly Eagle, I have just reached the place hes living in." The skinny man tried to calm himself down.

He was approaching the target quietly, taking nimble steps, without making a sound.

He grabbed the wall by his ten little fingers, using one hand as the fulcrum, jumping in the area like a panther.

His two legs and two hands touch the ground at the same time, making an extremely light sound.

The guy in black looked around, noticed a man sitting cross-legged in the yard, which really made him surprised.

"You arrived?" The man sitting cross-legged suddenly opened his eyes.

"Run!" The guy in black changed his countenance and ran away without any hesitation.

The guy in black was wise, with sneak assassination, he might still have a chance to win. However, now he was detected. According to the intelligence, he had no hope.

"Whoosh. The guy in black stepped back, turned around, wanted to escape.

"Boom!"

The guy in black felt that sitting cross-legged shadow suddenly stood up, the entire mud ground was shaken and cracked out. That shadow looked like a furious tiger, jumped from 7-8 meters away to him. The guy in Black was so terrified that he didnt have a second to take his weapon out.

"Ac!" The guy in black felt a super pain in his throat.

"Whoa ... ho ..." he was trying to speak but not a single word came out. He then collapsed and died.

Teng Qing Shan tore the sleeve of the guy in blacks shirt, apply the blood to his arm. A dark barcode tattoo appeared on his arm, which looked so complicated. Despite the weak moonlight, Teng Qing Shan could clearly see that tattoo thanks to his stunning vision. Teng Qing Shan countenance slightly changed: "Its just because of me that makes them want to pay such a high price. They even invited Evil Group to track my trace."

I was detected, i shouldn't stay in An Yi County any longer.

Teng Qing Shan got back to his room, changed into another set of clothes, packed his belongings and then quietly left the An Yi County in the middle of the night.
    Last edited by Zagreus; 04-21-15 at 01:01 AM.

Thanks for the chapter.

thx for TL this....

Yay another IET...

Is it the latest work of IET?
    n btw, Are you going to make another translation blog or website for this?.
    Last edited by onjune; 04-16-15 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks for the translation.

Yay! Thanks for the Translation!!!! Any work from IET is one to look out for.

Hope to see more of this. Any information on your updating timings or frequency?

Oooh! Another one rises up the stand beside the elites! Thank you! I look forward to following this!
    I may not look like much, but I'm an expert at pretending to be a ninja.

ALL HAIL to Zagreus........

Thanks Zagreus, your TL is good, looking forward to the next chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by KusanagiGodou View Post
    thx for TL this....
    Quote Originally Posted by bobloaf View Post
    Thanks for the chapter.
    Quote Originally Posted by starfyre7 View Post
    Thanks for the translation.
    No worries

Quote Originally Posted by onjune View Post
    Yay another IET...

Is it the latest work of IET?
    n btw, Are you going to make another translation blog or website for this?.
    It's the 6th book By IET, I will probably make my blog, but till i set it up, will release the translations here.

Quote Originally Posted by Libra1293 View Post
    Yay! Thanks for the Translation!!!! Any work from IET is one to look out for.

Hope to see more of this. Any information on your updating timings or frequency?
    I will try to update at least 1 chapter a day, maybe more on weekends. It's hard to tell, took me 4 - 5 hrs to translate that 1st chapter itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Telash View Post
    Oooh! Another one rises up the stand beside the elites! Thank you! I look forward to following this!
    haha your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by billybuton View Post
    ALL HAIL to Zagreus........
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Laoren View Post
    Thanks Zagreus, your TL is good, looking forward to the next chapter.
    Thanks Laoren, i did go through the chapter twice, in order to make sure that the release was good.

some minor things that can be changed to sound smoother imo.

"How can it be joke? to "How can it be (a) joke?" though i it sounds like a weird response in general.
    " Qing Jiang. Take this and eat." to "Qing Jiang, take this and eat."
    "I ate all the candy, it was so delicious. I finished it just in a wink." to "...I finished it in just a wink." i think thats how its normal said?
    However, its still cannot be compared to the "urban" legend. it's to its.
    I was detected. Should not stay in An Yi County any longer to "... I shouldn't stay in An Yi County any longer."

sounds good. i'd definitely read more.

Quote Originally Posted by jinlay View Post
    some minor things that can be changed to sound smoother imo.

"How can it be joke? to "How can it be (a) joke?" though i it sounds like a weird response in general.
    " Qing Jiang. Take this and eat." to "Qing Jiang, take this and eat."
    "I ate all the candy, it was so delicious. I finished it just in a wink." to "...I finished it in just a wink." i think thats how its normal said?
    However, its still cannot be compared to the "urban" legend. it's to its.
    I was detected. Should not stay in An Yi County any longer to "... I shouldn't stay in An Yi County any longer."

sounds good. i'd definitely read more.

Thanks for the suggestions, Implementing them now

Thanks Zagreus for this translation.

BTW...
    This is IET's shortest novel.
    He was writing two novels simultaneously, and readers complained that he should focus just on one.
    He took a poll and acquiesced with the respondents to concentrate on the more popular novel, ending this one early.
    IET had envision the novel as something 5 times longer.

Shortest novel only in terms of massive and lengthy on-line novels.
    This novel is still longer than most published novels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoxan View Post
    Thanks Zagreus for this translation.

BTW...
    This is IET's shortest novel.
    He was writing two novels simultaneously, and readers complained that he should focus just on one.
    He took a poll and acquiesced with the respondents to concentrate on the more popular novel, ending this one early.
    IET had envision the novel as something 5 times longer.

Shortest novel only in terms of massive and lengthy on-line novels.
    This novel is still longer than most published novels.
    EDIT: Actually, this is the 6th Novel By I Eat Tomatoes,

The 2nd Novel with Swallowed Star that was discontinued was"洪荒之子", Not the Nine Tripod Cauldrons "九鼎记".
    Last edited by Zagreus; 04-29-15 at 01:10 AM.

Bravo zagreus (clsp clap)
    Thlank you for your hardwork m(_ _)m

Great beginnings. thanks Zagreus.

Good luck on this translation. I am curious why you chose to just transliterate the title into pinyin, rather than give it a more colorful English translation.
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

Quote Originally Posted by deathblade View Post
    Good luck on this translation. I am curious why you chose to just transliterate the title into pinyin, rather than give it a more colorful English translation.
    Me too. Should be Record of the Nine Cauldrons.

ha ha, I always read it as "judging mind"... where are my glasses again?

Quote Originally Posted by deathblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteskwirl View Post
    Me too. Should be Record of the Nine Cauldrons.
    When i started doing it, i was still confused with the title for me it was The Nine Tripod Cauldrons.

鼎 - Tripod
    记 - remembers, note, record

please correct me if i am wrong. Anyhow, that name was too big and i wasn't sure if it was even Accurate. Jiuding Mind was Short, Catchy and already known by the community. So i decide to use it.