Thread: Which wuxia characters would you think are worthy of lifting Thor's hammer?

Default Which wuxia characters would you think are worthy of lifting Thor's hammer?

In the Marvel comic books and films, the mystic hammer Mjolnir of the Norse thunder god Thor can be lifted by those deemed worthy. Worthy individuals are those who are true warriors at heart and whose souls are courageous and noble. In the recent AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON movie, none of Thor's Avengers teammates were able to lift the hammer, though Steve Rogers (Captain America) was able to move it slightly (in the comics, Captain America HAS lifted the hammer in emergency situations).

In your opinion, which wuxia characters would be worthy of lifting Thor's hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    In the Marvel comic books and films, the mystic hammer Mjolnir of the Norse thunder god Thor can be lifted by those deemed worthy. Worthy individuals are those who are true warriors at heart and whose souls are courageous and noble. In the recent AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON movie, none of Thor's Avengers teammates were able to lift the hammer, though Steve Rogers (Captain America) was able to move it slightly (in the comics, Captain America HAS lifted the hammer in emergency situations).

In your opinion, which wuxia characters would be worthy of lifting Thor's hammer?

I guess nobody, except Captain America then. My question: how was it possible that Captain Amercia able to move it slightly and in the comics, he was able to lift it?
    Sim neej aws...

I'm sure its foreshadowing for future MCU movies. Cap will likely lift the hammer while Thor is out of commission somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    I guess nobody, except Captain America then. My question: how was it possible that Captain Amercia able to move it slightly and in the comics, he was able to lift it?
    He was worthy.

Captain America, Steve Rogers, is frequently acknowledged as the most virtuous, valorous hero in the Marvel Universe. The closest analogy I can find in wuxia fiction is Gwok Jing.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    I'm sure its foreshadowing for future MCU movies. Cap will likely lift the hammer while Thor is out of commission somewhere.
    That is exactly what happened in the comic books years ago. Cap is worthy anyway, and in a pinch, Odin's spell will lift for Cap to save the day.

This also happened (briefly) for Superman during the great DC/Marvel crossover JLA/AVENGERS.

I'd say Qiao Feng and Guo Jing. I think they would satisfy all requirements, although QF is more the natural warrior than GJ. But I think most important is their self-sacrifice.

Dugu Qiubai and probably to some extend Yang Guo are capable of lifting the hammer since they both carried around the heavy iron sword.

^ I don't think you understand the characteristics of Thor's hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    ^ I don't think you understand the characteristics of Thor's hammer.
    Wow. You are so polite and respectful. Wonderful. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by goodrick View Post
    Wow. You are so polite and respectful. Wonderful. Keep it up.
    Sheldon Cooper: "Was that sarcasm"?

Dugu Qiubai and probably to some extend Yang Guo are capable of lifting the hammer since they both carried around the heavy iron sword.
    *face palm*

I'm starting to see how Dugu Qiubai got ranked with Sweeper Monk in recent years.

Respect is earned.

Default Which wuxia heroes could lift Mjolnir, the hammer of the Mighty THOR?

So which wuxia heroes might be worthy of lifting Thor's mighty hammer, Mjolnir?

1. Kiu Fung: Yes, very likely.

2. Deun Yu: Are you freaking kidding?

3. Hui Juk: Nup.

4. Gwok Jing: Highly probable, yes.

5. Yeung Gor: Eh...no.

6. Cheung Mo Gei: Nup.

7. Lingwu Chung: Don't think so, but he might surprise.

8. Wai Siu Bo: BWHAHAHAHAHAH!

9. Luk Siu Fung: Hmmm... not sure, but I lean no.

10. Chor Lau Heung: Same as # 9

11. Lee Chum Foon: Y'know...yeah, just maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    *face palm*

I'm starting to see how Dugu Qiubai got ranked with Sweeper Monk in recent years.

Respect is earned.
    Janitor Monk wouldn't be able to lift Mjolnir. Though enlightened and powerful, he was not a warrior, which was one of the requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post

You forgot Vision was able to pick it up 🤣

It's not about strength.

The Hulk was unable to do it and with his strength his able to split a planet in half if he wanted to, which he did do in the comic.
    Last edited by Stance; 08-23-21 at 02:57 AM.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Yang Guo and Qiao Feng, as they choice to be heroes when the world pushed them to be villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Yang Guo and Qiao Feng, as they choice to be heroes when the world pushed them to be villains.
    Worthy is not about this either. Loki was able to lift it, but Iron Man couldn't.

The enchantment was done by Odin, and the worthy part comes from Odin and who he deems as worthy in his eyes.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    Worthy is not about this either. Loki was able to lift it, but Iron Man couldn't.

The enchantment was done by Odin, and the worthy part comes from Odin and who he deems as worthy in his eyes.
    Its a bit of a mute point then and ultimately it is not who is worthy but who Odin likes.

This completely depends on author's intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    This completely depends on author's intent.
    You mean, basically the same answer as all our 20 years worth of GJ vs YG vs XF vs DFBB vs WCY debates.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!