View Poll Results: Who was Mo Yung F(uk's) true rival/nemesis?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kiu Fung

2 25.00%
  • Deun Yu

6 75.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who was Mo Yung F(uk's) real rival/nemesis: Kiu Fung or Deun Yu?

Quote Originally Posted by XiaoYe View Post
    Leslie Cheung, Teresa Teng, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston.

What do they all have in common? Tremendous and almost unparalleled talents, yet abrupt sad endings. They all lived miserably behind the curtain.

Sorry for the off topic.
    Sorry if this hits a raw nerve, but would Barbara Yung fall into the same category? Tremendously successful with unparalleled talents, yet abrupt and sad ending. She seemed to live a miserable life behind the curtain.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    It's no doubt that they all chose the wrong path that lead to their death. Live a miserable life behind the curtain? I don't think so. I think they all had very glorious life as they all have millions. Their lives were many thousand times better than Average Joe and Jane who work hard to earn a living.
    It appeared they had glorious lives from what we see as the outsider, but from all the news and documentaries about them, I highly doubt they enjoyed much of the glory.

Money and fame doesn't always equal happiness.

Sure, it helps, but wealth only opens up more opportunities for happiness and security, it doesn't guarantee anything. There are no absolute certainties in life. To firmly insist that everyone who has money is happy is ignorant.

Trien Chieu's words reminds me a lot of the things my father used to say. He also judges people, even an entire cultures, by their surface. He never look deeper at the finer details and complexities of a human life.

Quote Originally Posted by goodrick View Post
    Sorry if this hits a raw nerve, but would Barbara Yung fall into the same category? Tremendously successful with unparalleled talents, yet abrupt and sad ending. She seemed to live a miserable life behind the curtain.
    I wish Barbara is like her character of WY in LOCH. Unfortunately, she was not.

It appeared they had glorious lives from what we see as the outsider, but from all the news and documentaries about them, I highly doubt they enjoyed much of the glory.
    I don't know. I just wish that I can be a super star like them with millions. I guess the grass on the other side is alway greener. Perhaps, they might think my simple life is better than their. Who know?

Quote Originally Posted by MrWErD View Post
    Money and fame doesn't always equal happiness.

Sure, it helps, but wealth only opens up more opportunities for happiness and security, it doesn't guarantee anything. There are no absolute certainties in life. To firmly insist that everyone who has money is happy is ignorant.

Trien Chieu's words reminds me a lot of the things my father used to say. He also judges people, even an entire cultures, by their surface. He never look deeper at the finer details and complexities of a human life.
    Perhaps you are right. I just have a very bad day today. I just moved to Vancouver about a week ago. I took car to the dealership for major service and it costed me almost $3500. It's not like I done something wrong but just feel bad about the costly service. Still many things need to pay like safety inspection, insurance, new license plate, new driver license, new health card . Good thing that I saved up for rainy days. It probably cost me a year of saving.
    Imagine if I was a super star, a few thousand dollars would be nothing for me, something I don't have to think about .
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 07-15-15 at 02:43 AM.

I wish Barbara is like her character of WY in LOCH. Unfortunately, she was not.

I don't know. I just wish that I can be a super star like them with millions. I guess the grass on the other side is alway greener. Perhaps, they might think my simple is better than their. Who know?

Perhaps you are right. I just have a very bad days today. I just moved to Vancouver about a week ago. I took car to the dealership for major service and it costed me almost $3500. It's not like I done something wrong but just feel bad about the costly service. Still many things need to pay like safety inspection, insurance, new license plate, new driver license, new health card . Good thing that I saved up for rainy days. It probably cost me a year of saving.
    Imagine if I was a super star, a few thousand dollars would be nothing for me, something I don't have to think about .
    Omagosh that's a lot of money for car service. But you gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

Yeah, our brains are programmed to be unsatisfied with complacency and general adaptability, so fame and fortune quickly becomes unsatisfying once it's achieved. When people say "walk a mile in his shoes" it's usually referencing those more fortunate thinking about life as an unfortunate person, but the inverse is also true; most of us living a celebrity's life would likely handle it no better than the people we criticize. It's just a defense mechanism.

I mean, it seems like 99% of people like to see the people at the top fall for no reason. It's illogical and unjustified....just like when the people at the top do seemingly dumb things when they have what 99% of the people want. Just seems like humans at different ends of the spectrum just can't quite relate to each other [generally].

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Yeah, our brains are programmed to be unsatisfied with complacency and general adaptability, so fame and fortune quickly becomes unsatisfying once it's achieved. When people say "walk a mile in his shoes" it's usually referencing those more fortunate thinking about life as an unfortunate person, but the inverse is also true; most of us living a celebrity's life would likely handle it no better than the people we criticize. It's just a defense mechanism.
    Perhaps you are right but you never know until you achieve fame and fortune. If you are an average person working to earn a living then never know whether you are satisfied if you achieve fame and fortune.

I mean, it seems like 99% of people like to see the people at the top fall for no reason. It's illogical and unjustified....just like when the people at the top do seemingly dumb things when they have what 99% of the people want. Just seems like humans at different ends of the spectrum just can't quite relate to each other [generally].
    I don't like to see then fall from the top. I just dislike them for thinking that somehow they are above the law.

Whitney Houston.
    What do they all have in common? Tremendous and almost unparalleled talents, yet abrupt sad endings. They all lived miserably behind the curtain.

Sorry for the off topic.
    I think she had a great voice. Some of her songs are classic. The bad new about her is her daughter just passed away recently.

What do you think of her as a mother? The best in the world or the worst in the world. You can argue either way. The best would be she left like $20+ million to her daughter. 99++% of the parents in the world don't leave such a huge fortune to their children as they don't have such wealth. The worst would be she allowed her daughter to abuse drug and alcohol at such as young age. Consequently, her daughter can't live a normal and healthy life.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWErD View Post
    Your father is not politically correct but perhaps he has wise judgements. There are lot of wise people like him out there. He is not the only one. Too bad you don't learn any of that great things from him .

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Your father is not politically correct but perhaps he has wise judgements. There are lot of wise people like him out there. He is not the only one. Too bad you don't learn any of that great things from him

Pray tell, what your idea of wisdom is. Since by looking at your previous comments it seems your criteria for wisdom are, being judgemental, racially bias, narrow minded and completely ignoring historical facts in favour of xenophobic propaganda.

If this is wisdom then I am proud to be foolish.

I dare not say that I hold all the knowledge in the world or that I am totally free of my own prejudices as I am only mortal, but I can say that I am aware of my limitations. I know there is much I do not and will probably never know. I know that my views are not always right, but thanks to being 'PC' I can admit to these short comings and strive to overcome them.

So forgive me if a choose to remain a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Pray tell, what your idea of wisdom is. Since by looking at your previous comments it seems your criteria for wisdom are, being judgemental, racially bias, narrow minded and completely ignoring historical facts in favour of xenophobic propaganda.

If this is wisdom then I am proud to be foolish.

I dare not say that I hold all the knowledge in the world or that I am totally free of my own prejudices as I am only mortal, but I can say that I am aware of my limitations. I know there is much I do not and will probably never know. I know that my views are not always right, but thanks to being 'PC' I can admit to these short comings and strive to overcome them.

So forgive me if a choose to remain a fool.
    I was teasing Mr.WErD and you are just being so politically correct. While judgements are not true 100% of a the times, but they are true most of the times. There are truth to it. Judgements don't appear out of nowhere, they are based on statistics.

I was teasing Mr.WErD and you are just being so politically correct. While judgements are not true 100% of a the times, but they are true most of the times. There are truth to it. Judgements don't appear out of nowhere, they are based on statistics.
    It depends on whether you're properly educated or not. For instance, if any judgement is based on history and historical knowledge, I'd discount your judgement immediately.

MRF put himself in difficut situation and could never go out of it. He look most of people as his enemies and obstacles. Therefore he couldn;t get true alliances to achieve his dreams. Moreover his dreams could put million of people in life and death situation as he expect a war and chaos to have a slight chance to be an emperor. That is not a good dream that will be supported by good people.