Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous old ATV/TVB series

Started watching ATV's Legend of Fu Hong Suet. Interesting to see Savio Tsang in such a playful carefree role. TVB seems to give him a lot of bad roles. I just remember Isabella Wong in smiling proud wonder and ROCH. Not sure what other roles she had with TVB series. Austin Wai has his usual swordsman role. I think Austin and Hugo Ng both did a good job in this role, hard to compare who is better. This version is pretty interesting too, the mystery keeps the story interesting. I thought the costumes and hairstyles were kind of weird thou.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I don't know what she's doing career-wise, but she's a very active born-again Christian and actually participates in Chinese Christian seminars, sharing about how her faith changed her life, and the pressures she faces because her husband Liu Kai-chi is not very supportive of it (although I don't know whether it's because he's an atheist or of another faith).
    Hmmmm. Pretty sure Liu Kai Chi is a Christian. Remember him mentioning his faith when their son passed away from leukemia all those years ago.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Hello ,have anyone here watch or remember this drama TVB or ATV 龍本多情 by Jordan Chan and Max Mok before ?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.tvmao.com/thumb/drama/4/425/270x360.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.tvmao.com/stills/drama/4/425/b/Kn16MBCr.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pic.motieimg.com/chapterres/574586l25.jpg')

Thanks.

galvatron, that series looks very interesting, never knew max mok did tv series. Will definitely try to look for this later.

Does anyone remember the name of this series, takes place during the war period when japan was invading china. I think shek sau has two wives. For some reason, I do not remember he is separated from the first wife and remarried, I think wu mei yee plays the second wife. In the end, both wives dies. Saw this when I was really little and that is all I can remember from the series.

Does anyone remember gambling on life? It stars Eddie Kwan, Vincent Lam, Fiona Leung, and Emily Kwan.

Anyone remember Gentle reflections? It stars Kenix Kwok, Patrick Tam, and Irene Wan.

Does To where he belongs remind anyone of flaming brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    Anyone remember Gentle reflections? It stars Kenix Kwok, Patrick Tam, and Irene Wan.

Does To where he belongs remind anyone of flaming brothers?
    Well, it is the unofficial sequel. I thought "Flaming Brothers" had a more intense storyline. "To Where He Belongs" just put a lot of famous faces together in a story that was not that interesting. And Michael is annoying in it as the villian.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I thought Teresa Mak did a good job, she had to act older than her age in the series. I did find Michael's character a bit annoying from the few episodes that I was able to find and watch.

Anyone catch onto the youtube channel that TVB has dedicated to the old Jin Yong series? Poor quality due to the age of the series but it seems to be uncut. I have finished ROCH 83, LOCH 82 (Part 1), and just started DSGD 81. LOCH 94 has finished already.'
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Anyone catch onto the youtube channel that TVB has dedicated to the old Jin Yong series? Poor quality due to the age of the series but it seems to be uncut. I have finished ROCH 83, LOCH 82 (Part 1), and just started DSGD 81. LOCH 94 has finished already.'
    I did see it but couldn't be bothered to watch. I have it at home in Vietdubbed.

Was rewatching Snow is Red recently again. Again feeling hatred for the male species of that series.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I did see it but couldn't be bothered to watch. I have it at home in Vietdubbed.

Was rewatching Snow is Red recently again. Again feeling hatred for the male species of that series.
    Don't hate Chen Xuan Feng!
    Cyril Connolly

It does seem like all the guys are jerks especially the guy that was obsess with Kristy's character. The only exception I think is Lawrence character.

Started watching Justice Sung.

Just re watched crime of passion and arm reaction. I think crime of passion is one of the few series I see Jay Lau as one of the main cast. I thought Marco's character was interesting.

Arm Reaction is still one of my favorite series, didn't enjoy the later sequels as much.

Where can I find nice TVB dramas and download them to watch? Any idea? Seems like nice TVB dramas are very difficult to find in YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    It does seem like all the guys are jerks especially the guy that was obsess with Kristy's character. The only exception I think is Lawrence character.
    And then he died too soon. Wish his character didn't have to die.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    And then he died too soon. Wish his character didn't have to die.
    I always cried when he dies. Always wish him and Bonnie had more screen time. It really broke my heart to see that when they finally reunite, he had to die. Sometimes I did wonder why didn't Kristy's character didn't try to stop Mimi since she was hiding in the back listening to the conversation or do some kind of distraction to divert Mimi's attention.

Saw a few episodes of "Shades of Darkness" and for a tv series, I think it is pretty scary. It doesn't seem like tvb makes drama like this anymore. The part how Canti Lau's grandma dies is pretty creepy.

Is this worth watching? An old series with Canti Lau & Maggie Siu.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SwqmhzIxgE

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Is this worth watching? An old series with Canti Lau & Maggie Siu.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SwqmhzIxgE
    oh wowsers, I've been looking for this series as well. I've never seen it but would watch it for the cast.

I am having a great time with all the TVB Youtube channels showing the classics again. My favourite is the Mystery Channel, and Kungfu Channel not to bad either. The Wuxia Channel is getting a bit repetitive as there are not much choice with the adaptations, but to see the old faces are a great joy.
    Cyril Connolly