Thread: Myolie Wu Leaves TVB After 16 Years of Employment

Default Myolie Wu Leaves TVB After 16 Years of Employment

Myolie Wu Leaves TVB After 16 Years of Employment

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jaynestars.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Myolie-Wu-74.jpg')
    Myolie Wu (胡杏兒) started her career with TVB when she was only 20 years old, after winning second runner-up in Miss Hong Kong 1999. After spending 16 years at the station with a successful career, she decided not to renew her contract with TVB. Myolie expressed her gratitude towards TVB, “Everything I have now was given to me by TVB.
    While TVB has been known for producing top-notch dramas and creating legendary pop stars, the television station has also generated much negative publicity for overworking and underpaying its actors, particularly newcomers. Myolie expressed that she once went through the same grueling period of low pay and long hours, although she did not think it was something to grumble about. She elaborated “It was a special kind of training that we received from TVB, which equipped us with the mental strength to be better actors, keeping us grounded so we can work well with others. The people who succeed at TVB are often extremely determined and capable.”
    Grateful Towards TVB
    Considered one of the leading fadans at TVB, Myolie’s path to stardom was not always the smoothest. Myolie first gained attention with her supporting role inGolden Faith < 流金歲月> before landing another supporting role in the popular blockbuster drama Triumph in the Skies“<衝上雲霄>. Myolie was unfortunately openly criticized by fellow cast member Francis Ng (吳鎮宇) for her raw acting. Myolie subsequently proved herself in the comedy Wars of In-Laws <野蠻奶奶>, where her unorthodox image meant that she could only rely on her acting skills. Continuing to work hard for the next decade, she was finally crowned TV Queen in 2011 with her role in the period drama Curse of the Royal Harem <萬凰之王>.
    Garnering impressive results after 16 years at TVB, Myolie believes it is now time to work a little less, enjoy a slower pace of life, and spend more time with her boyfriend Philip Lee. On her decision to not renew her contract with TVB, Myolie added, “This does not mean that I will never work with TVB again. I just want to experience different things for now, as I think filming outside of TVB may be a novel and interesting experience.”
    On whether TVB had tried to persuade Myolie to stay, she emphasized, “Yes, and I am very appreciative of how sincere they were. My decision to leave has nothing to do with the terms. It’s purely because I wish to try something new and work in a different environment. Also, as I’m getting older; I’m looking forward to a slower-paced life.”
    On her 16-year-long career at TVB, Myolie mused, “It’s hard to believe that it’s already been 16 years. The time flew by in the blink of an eye. I’ve been extremely lucky, and had a very exciting life – a life that is probably different from that of many others. From now on, however, I wish to stop and smell the roses. It doesn’t mean that I’ll stop working. I’ll have to take things as they come.”
    As for the person or persons she is most grateful to, Myolie was hard-pressed to pinpoint any particular individual. She said, “There are simply too many people I would like to thank, ranging from the seniors who have guided me patiently to the directors who have reprimanded me. Actually, no, I haven’t really been reprimanded. It would be more accurate to say that they have corrected me. Everyone who has wished me well in one way or another needs to be thanked. I would also like to thank all my co-stars. I’m grateful to the entire company.”
    Finally, on her method in achieving a successful career, Myolie said, “I can’t say that I’m extremely successful. All I can say is that I’m quite a detail-oriented person, and that I worked very hard on every opportunity that came my way. You can say that I’m quite determined and a perfectionist. Perhaps these traits allowed me to gain even more opportunities. I believe anyone who is able to perform at TVB is a very competent actor.”
    http://www.jaynestars.com/news/myoli...of-employment/

seems like a everyone is leaving... Good luck to Myolie

Too many stars leave TVB, the leader, for the second league companies. I guess second league companies that need stars power are willing to pay more than TVB.

ppl are always saying tvb treat their artist bad, long hours, and underpay. I think there is also more competition now... Not saying myolie left on bad terms since it said she left on good terms. But I think Gordan Lam and Noel Leung were said to have left on bad terms. Not sure how valid the information is.