Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Flying Daggers 《飞刀又见飞刀》 - Hawick Lau, Yang Rong, Gui Gui

I just started a translation of this novel, for anyone interested.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteskwirl View Post
    I just started a translation of this novel, for anyone interested.
    Thank you.

Is there any english sub link for this drama?

Quote Originally Posted by aiYRong View Post
    Here is the official playlist from Youku: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTg0NTU2MjE4MA==.html

Cannot see. Probably needs to subscribe to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovewuxia View Post
    Thank you.

Is there any english sub link for this drama?
    Not yet that I'm aware of. There's a page for it on viki but nothing posted there yet.

Uncut episodes can be found at dailymotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x54...1%E7%89%88_fun

I am on to Episode 5, but I have to say I don't like this show much right now.

Because:

1) Not enough KungFu/Wuxia/Fighting
    2) Too much focus on Romance
    3) Not enough focus on plot.
    4) Actors/actresses aren't that appealing; acting far from great!

Banned

I'm the opposite. I see those terrible action sequences in those Flying Daggers preview clips and I wanna run away. Looks like Ice Fantasy will keep me occupied until the next good show... I really want to see how Yu Zheng will ruin HSDS 2017, but I can't stand the type of CGI fights in Swordsman, which is why I dropped RotCH 2014 after a few episodes.

Dagger Li series (novels) goes like this:

Sentimental Swordsman, Ruthless Sword 多情劍客無情劍
    Bordertown Wanderer 邊城浪子
    Soaring Eagles in the Ninth Month 九月鷹飛
    Horizon, Bright Moon, Sabre 天涯‧明月‧刀
    Flying Dagger Appears Again 飛刀,又見飛刀

This show is an adaptation of the last story, Flying Dagger Appears Again. It was written by Gu Long's student, Ding Qing and dictated by Gu Long (Gu Long's wrist was still injured at the time where he had been stabbed, so he couldn't write). There's a little information on wikipedia.
    Thanks a lot for the explanation!

And thanks for the novel translation too! I'm gonna check it later.

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    I'm the opposite. I see those terrible action sequences in those Flying Daggers preview clips and I wanna run away. Looks like Ice Fantasy will keep me occupied until the next good show... I really want to see how Yu Zheng will ruin HSDS 2017, but I can't stand the type of CGI fights in Swordsman, which is why I dropped RotCH 2014 after a few episodes.
    So you are saying you LIKE this show so far?

I've only watched the first episode at the moment, it's okay I guess. Nothing special. A lot of goofy, stupid acting. Fang Keke can go away now, most annoying voice ever. I thought the pacing was pretty messy, they tried to cram a lot into one episode. CGI was fine, not too overdone, but there wasn't much fighting yet.

This will sound weird, but I kind of don't like wuxia in HD. Everything looks too clean, all the characters' clothes look brand new like they just bought them. I don't have a long history of watching these shows, either, so I don't think it's nostalgia. That's a nitpick anyway.

I've only watched the first episode at the moment, it's okay I guess. Nothing special. A lot of goofy, stupid acting. Fang Keke can go away now, most annoying voice ever. I thought the pacing was pretty messy, they tried to cram a lot into one episode. CGI was fine, not too overdone, but there wasn't much fighting yet.
    I've seen the first two ep, it doesn't get any better. lol

This will sound weird, but I kind of don't like wuxia in HD. Everything looks too clean, all the characters' clothes look brand new like they just bought them. I don't have a long history of watching these shows, either, so I don't think it's nostalgia. That's a nitpick anyway.
    HD is just the quality of resolution. Costume design and color choices is your problem here. This series has that clean look to the costumes like most of the Ancient series of recent.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 12-07-16 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    I just knew that this is an adaptation of a third story of Dagger Lee (I didn't even know that it was a trilogy). If Dagger Lee's Vincent Jiao is the first trilogy and this is the third, and what is the second one ? Is there any adaptation of the 2nd story ?

FYI, I've never read the novel. I only read the summary / brief explanation of Dagger Lee's novel and watched Vincent Jiao's version (which was butchered a lot). I also only skimmed Ruby Lin's + Julian's adaptation ( no sub ). Still, I think the story of Dagger Lee is quite interesting, and I'm curious to know about the story of him and his descendants.
    2nd story border town prodigal
    http://www.dramapanda.com/2016/07/fi...igal-2016.html

No there isn't much fighting at all. I am thru all 7 a lot of romance/relationship kind of thing.

Plot isn't even strong. I wasn't even distracted really, and I still don't really got a good concept of what this plot is all about.

This main character is also a dumbass IMO. Don't like the character right now. He rebel, I get it, but he ends up trying getting himself killed and the family/friends all worried about him. Immature!!!

Well, at least he is not a bad guy.
    Last edited by Don Yu; 12-07-16 at 10:00 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    So you are saying you LIKE this show so far?
    If you are talking about Ice Fantasy, I dropped it at Ep. 24. Gave it a second shot. I'm now at Ep. 34. It's not that I like Ice Fantasy, just that there isn't anything better than it right now.

Haven't been around here in quite some time! But I just wanted to drop by and say that I've actually been enjoying this series a lot so far. I'm not familiar with the original story so I'm judging it purely from an entertainment perspective, but I certainly enjoy watching it. I had some reservations about Hawick Lau playing this role but he has convinced me now. Yang Rong is wonderful as always!

I'm a little bit confused about the schedule for episode releases, though. Does anyone know how they're doing it? It seems like they released 7 episodes in one go and then just stopped.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

From the official site, the 7 episodes all at once were for VIP members, and they're actually releasing 1 episode per day for the regular viewers. The next batch of 7 episodes should be on 12/12? (for VIP members).

So is this version pacing like Julian and ruby's version? Is there alot of nice action at least?
    Last edited by Mido-Ban; 12-09-16 at 03:54 AM.

If you are talking about Ice Fantasy, I dropped it at Ep. 24. Gave it a second shot. I'm now at Ep. 34. It's not that I like Ice Fantasy, just that there isn't anything better than it right now.
    You should watch princess weiyoung with tiffany tang, similar to nirvana in fire with Hu ge female version. Binged it up to current ep 38 sub very good and costumes are nice.

So far haven't been much good xian xia or fantasy series. Legend of chusen could have been done better, Chinese Paladin 5 felt weaker compared to 1 and 3 story and actors. I feel like I'm only one that liked Legend of Zu, I guess I like when characters are manipulative etc.

I tried watching ice fantasy and novoland but couldn't get into them.

No. I am talking about THIS show (Flying Daggers)

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    So is this version pacing like Julian and ruby's version? Is there alot of nice action at least?

Not really much action.

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...=1#post1132258
    Last edited by Don Yu; 12-09-16 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aiYRong View Post
    From the official site, the 7 episodes all at once were for VIP members, and they're actually releasing 1 episode per day for the regular viewers. The next batch of 7 episodes should be on 12/12? (for VIP members).
    I have watched all 7. But cannot find anymore. Please post link here if you find the rest of the vids. Thanks.