Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: The Legend of Flying Daggers 《飞刀又见飞刀》 - Hawick Lau, Yang Rong, Gui Gui

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wx4.sinaimg.cn/mw690/bf7ebb6cly1fbaf0uqqgdj20u01hcnpd.jpg')

I don't mean to spam, but a few things...

1) Do anyone have a Youtube or whatever link to the MUSIC of this show? I quite like the music played within the show and would like to hear it more.

2) Final batch should arrive later today sometime online. Last week, I believe it came out before 4pm ET (US)

WOW. Ke Ke is too selfish I don't empathize with her anymore!

HUGE twist in 37 and all hell break loose in episode 39!
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-08-17 at 06:26 PM.

click to show/hide spoilers

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/mw690/bf7ebb6cjw1fbj4e16naxj20zk0noagf.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw690/bf7ebb6cjw1fbj4egqyg1j20zk0no453.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw690/bf7ebb6cjw1fbj4eh311qj20zk0noafv.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw690/bf7ebb6cjw1fbj4enwv3uj20zk0notep.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/mw690/bf7ebb6cjw1fbj4f3l07rj20zk0nogr0.jpg')
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-09-17 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aiYRong View Post

NO 41 & 42

edit: Now it's Up!
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-08-17 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aiYRong View Post
    Glad that Long Yi and Wu Shang did not die and live happily every after. Was worried that they may be written off by director. But poor Li Zheng. He truly love Ke Ke. Wish he did not have to die.

BTW, who is the dude who play young Li Ma Tian? The old Li is serious looking whereas the young Li is quite flirtatious.

Glad that I watch this series. It is worth watching.

Yang Rong deserves recognition for acting here!!!

VERY GOOD!!!

Episode 41 https://youtu.be/MX8cP3aWGCM?t=25m

I also tagged these pictures I posted as Spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovewuxia View Post
    BTW, who is the dude who play young Li Ma Tian? The old Li is serious looking whereas the young Li is quite flirtatious.

Glad that I watch this series. It is worth watching.
    That is Jones Xu (徐正曦)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    Yang Rong deserves recognition for acting here!!!

VERY GOOD!!!

Episode 41 https://youtu.be/MX8cP3aWGCM?t=25m
    YR rarely disappoints so this is no different. Wish she would get the recognition she deserves.

Finally got around to finishing this! It feels like this series went by so quickly haha. The ending was also pretty good imo, and I know I keep saying this but I loved Yang Rong and Hawick Lau's chemistry together. The two leads were definitely the strongest part of the drama for me.

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about the script/writing. There seem to be quite a few logical leaps, although they weren't significant enough to really bother me. Although...why did it take them 5 years to find each other? That seems a bit extreme lol
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

This series has a few high points, especially Yang Rong's acting later on when she is not just a cold assassin is very impressive to watch.

Also, much less contrived than other series like Chinese Paladin 5, or Legend Of Chusen that's for sure!

How did her memory go away? And all of that are explained in the end, without being just coincidences.
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-10-17 at 07:10 PM.

Regarding the...

baby change.

At first, my first thought was she was going to switch the babies, but the way that first episode was edited, it made it seem like she just left. Then they completely ignored it and didn't give us any hints at all.

I also thought the reason his "mom" was so mean to him was because he looked like his dad, so didn't think much of it.

So good job on the writer, director, editor for keeping us in the dark.

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about the script/writing. There seem to be quite a few logical leaps, although they weren't significant enough to really bother me.
    Yeah, that's how I felt. There were some overused plot tropes, like the memory loss. Overall it was decent and didn't feel too draggy.

Yang Rong looking so PRETTY in the final scene!

@j2j2j2
    I really felt for Li Huai in the scene right after he found out about the switch, and he's sitting alone thinking about his childhood. Because it explains his mother's harshness, and not in a good way. He realized that it wasn't necessarily out of love and that's got to suck. I originally assumed she made the switch but I wasn't sure after she died because she never told him, and they made her death seem like a real moment between a mother and son. And it also seemed like no one else was alive to spill the beans so I thought they just played off the switch. I agree that it was a pretty good twist that they brought back the past in that very moment.

I didn't mind the memory loss trope because I assume it was from the original novel (and it added drama, and I'm a sucker for drama I guess), but the trope of the 5 year wait before they found each other again did bother me because I felt like it added nothing to the plot? They didn't show anything to justify why they had to wait 5 years to meet each other again. Unless I'm missing something in the plot? Also, the whole storyline of Long Yi's crush on Cai Yue seemed really convenient and undeveloped lol. His crush on her had no effect on his relationship with either Cai Yue or Li Huai, and it lasted just long enough so that Wu Shang could pine over him for a bit before they ended up together..
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    I really felt for Li Huai in the scene right after he found out about the switch, and he's sitting alone thinking about his childhood. Because it explains his mother's harshness, and not in a good way. He realized that it wasn't necessarily out of love and that's got to suck. I originally assumed she made the switch but I wasn't sure after she died because she never told him, and they made her death seem like a real moment between a mother and son. And it also seemed like no one else was alive to spill the beans so I thought they just played off the switch. I agree that it was a pretty good twist that they brought back the past in that very moment.
    Yeah, I found that to be so sad as well. I did see some possible hope that she did care for him in the end when after she hit him, she would also apply medication on him when he was asleep.

And like you said, it did seem like they had a mother-son moment when she died.

Now I wonder what the book was like. If anyone knows, please spill!

I didn't mind the memory loss trope because I assume it was from the original novel (and it added drama, and I'm a sucker for drama I guess), but the trope of the 5 year wait before they found each other again did bother me because I felt like it added nothing to the plot? They didn't show anything to justify why they had to wait 5 years to meet each other again. Unless I'm missing something in the plot? Also, the whole storyline of Long Yi's crush on Cai Yue seemed really convenient and undeveloped lol. His crush on her had no effect on his relationship with either Cai Yue or Li Huai, and it lasted just long enough so that Wu Shang could pine over him for a bit before they ended up together..
    Yeah, that 5 year gap was also annoying. There was no point for that. And why couldn't his grandfather have healed him while taking her along?

I also agree that Long Yi's crush was strange. Didn't really add much to the story.

I do have to say, I was very surprised that ...

Li Zheng died. I figured after he killed those innocent maids/servants he would have that outcome. But it still surprised me because he was such a big character. I guess that was part of the book.

It's a pity because he was such a good person, that just snapped after finding all that out.

I was also pretty surprised by
    Li Zheng's death. It looked like his character was having a turnaround towards the end too, and since his first death was fake I didn't expect they would just kill him again. And they took such a long time to build up his relationship with Ke Ke and she was finally moved by him. Yeah, it's definitely a pity. I heard that Li Zheng wasn't actually a big character in the original book though, so I'm curious about that lol
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/mw690/bf7ebb6cjw1fbqkxykygjg209w05knno.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw690/bf7ebb6cjw1fbqlcvjr10j20l48sa1kz.jpg')

Awesome art.