Thread: More than 140 dead in series of terror attacks in France

Angry More than 140 dead in series of terror attacks in France

More than 140 dead in series of terror attacks: 100 are killed after hostages are taken at theatre. Kalashnikov-wielding gunman opens fire in restaurant. Two SUICIDE bombs detonate near the Stade de France. Gunfire at shopping centre

• As many as 142 people have been killed, several wounded in a series of terror attacks in the heart of Paris tonight
    • Up to 112 were massacred in the Bataclan concert hall where terrorists were said to be holding people hostage
    • The terrorists shouted 'Allah Akbar' and 'this is for Syria' as they burst in and opened fire, witnesses have said
    • Police raided the theatre at around midnight, killed the three extremists inside and freed the remaining hostages
    • French President Francois Hollande declared state of emergency for whole country and shut all of its borders

By PETER ALLEN IN PARIS and JAY AKBAR and TOM WYKE FOR MAILONLINE

A series of coordinated terror attacks in the heart of Paris have left as many as 142 dead and paralysed the French capital with fear.
    French police arrested one man who claimed to have been recruited by ISIS alongside three other extremists, it has been reported.
    As many as 112 people were massacred at the Bataclan concert hall following a hostage situation and another 11 were shot down at a Cambodian restaurant last night.
    Police raided the theatre at around midnight, killed three terrorists inside and freed the remaining hostages. Four policeman were killed in the operation.
    Just five miles away, two suicide bombers blew themselves up outside the Stade de France sports stadium where the French football team was playing a friendly match against Germany. Five terrorists have been killed in the night of chaos in Paris.
    French President Francoise Hollande declared a national state of emergency following what he called 'unprecedented terror attacks', shut its borders and deployed 1,500 extra troops to the capital.

Terrorists launched a total of six coordinated attacks at high profile sites across Paris:

• Two suicide bomb attacks at a bar near the Stade de France led to President Hollande being evacuated from the stadium. He has since declared a national state of emergency.
    • Two terrorists with AK47s burst into the Bataclan concert hall, where rock band Eagles of Death Metal were performing. They sprayed bullets and threw grenades into thousands of people before they started slaughtering people one by one.
    • A terrorist armed with an AK47 killed at least 11 people at Cambodian restaurant Le Petit Cambodge in the Bastille area on Rue Bichatat around 9pm.
    • Gunfire and bomb blasts have also been reported at the Louvre art gallery, the Pompidou Centre and Les Halles shopping centre.

Witnesses have been telling of the horror which unfolded inside the Bataclan theatre, where AK47 wielding terrorists shouted 'Allah Akbar' as they burst in and opened fire into a crowd of thousands.
    'It looked like a battlefield, there was blood everywhere, there were bodies everywhere,' Marc Coupris, 57, told the Guardian.
    He added: 'I was at the far side of the hall when shooting began. There seemed to be at least two gunmen. They shot from the balcony.'
    They shot at 'very young' people in the violent attack which lasted around 15 minutes, said Julien Pearce, a journalist at Europe 1. The gunmen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3rQcU2Ccb

R.I.P for all the victim.

I feel sick after I heard what happened. This obviously a well coordinated plan of terror aimed at massacring as many people as possible, probably to strike fear into the Western world ahead of the upcoming Paris international meetings. I am absolutely disgusted with this, and devastated at the many lives lost, some of them very young as well.

I will pray for Paris tonight and I hope they catch the wackos who did this. R.I.P. for the victims.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

very sad indeed, my heart goes out to all the families...