Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of Chusen 《诛仙青云志》 - Li Yi Feng, Zhao Li Ying, Yang Zi

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstrawberry View Post
    That's the one! I don't think I ever seen that kind of sword flying before . Btw, how do I post an image? Do I need to upload the pic to a host site, I can't just upload directly from my library right?
    If you attach it as an attachment, then you can upload directly from your computer. I did that once. But I think you have to upload to a host site, in order to show them in the thread, like what others did.

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    *lol*
    Well .. the reason why I think that he had feelings for XQ is :
    click to show/hide spoilers

- how he desperately tried to save her when she was in danger, before and after he became Gui Li
    - how he felt when he met her, especially after he became Gui Li. I mean, it was 10 years later and he still felt ackward when he did ? That should be something

I believe that, while being in love with Ling Er, he was attracted to the 2 ladies Biyao and XQ too. Slowly but sure, he was attracted to Biyao the most, but he was still confused because Biyao was from the evil sect. I think he wanted to forget her because of that, so he didn't want to show that he was in love with her. And, because Ling Er was, afterall, the first love, it was really hard for him to forget her too. That's why, although he was in love with Biyao, he seemed to have repressed his feelings while still maintaining his love toward Ling Er.

On the other hand, he didn't even consider his feelings to XQ because he never thought that the girl would have any serious feelings at him (plus he was a bit scared of her). He only considered Biyao (and Ling Er, but she had hurt his feelings again and again, so he got tired of her). That was why, he was surprised when, one day, he saw XQ being very nice and warm toward him. I think that was the time when she, decided to/had the courage to show him her feelings. But, it was already too late, because Biyao then sacrificed herself for XF.
    I agree with your point. I guess the fact that XF at that time was only 16 years old explained a lot about his complicated and unclear feelings towards these girls. He was still so young, he probably had no idea what love is. What he felt towards Ling Er was more of a crush than actual love, so it didn't take a long time for him to get over her after finding out she was in love with someone else. He felt an attraction towards XQ but her coldness kinda turned him off, same with BY who was from the evil sect and that drew a barrier between them. But it still couldn't stop him from developing feelings for them as they went through many life-and-death situations together. Usually, we see a lot of love triangle in dramas where it focuses on the girl being sandwiched between 2 guys, and with girls, it's easier for us to feel and relate to their feeling. As the focus is now on the guy, I find it pretty refreshing to see from his pov and the way he handles his feelings.

Ratings ep 3 & 4 is 1.005%

This is very good considering it's Olympics season and the episodes are already available online. I was afraid it'd drop below 1% but it managed to hold up. We have to endure another week of Olympics and hopefully the broadcast schedule will change in September if we want higher ratings. Anyway, it's only been 4 eps on TV broadcast. There's still a lot of time, so let's hope for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Nega Foxツ View Post
    I agree with your point. I guess the fact that XF at that time was only 16 years old explained a lot about his complicated and unclear feelings towards these girls. He was still so young, he probably had no idea what love is. What he felt towards Ling Er was more of a crush than actual love, so it didn't take a long time for him to get over her after finding out she was in love with someone else. He felt an attraction towards XQ but her coldness kinda turned him off, same with BY who was from the evil sect and that drew a barrier between them. But it still couldn't stop him from developing feelings for them as they went through many life-and-death situations together. Usually, we see a lot of love triangle in dramas where it focuses on the girl being sandwiched between 2 guys, and with girls, it's easier for us to feel and relate to their feeling. As the focus is now on the guy, I find it pretty refreshing to see from his pov and the way he handles his feelings.

Yes, my point exactly! Xiao Fan in the first part of the story was only 16 years old. He was still very young and naive. He met gorgeous young girls and experienced adventures and life-death situations with them, so it was natural if his heart was swayed. I remember that he considered how he was taught to be righteous etc2, while Biyao was from evil sect and she also wanted to recruit him to her sect. Despite his love/attraction toward her, I could see his inner battle who hated the evil sect and didnt want to mingle with them.

Regarding Xue Qi, how would Xiao Fan considered her when she was so cold and rarely speak to him, while he himself had been 'confused' with his 'relationship' with Biyao? Xiao Fan was a passive introvert boy. He wouldnt approach a girl if she didnt show her interest toward him, and could only be a protector when she was in danger/trouble. Even toward Ling Er who had been with him, he still didnt have the courage to do anything.Then again, everytime Xue Qi appeared, his feelings was stirred. When she was in trouble, he was worried. After he became Gui Li, even before he knew that she was in love with him, he couldnt kill her.

Honestly, if there were no 'shocking event' and Biyao didnt sacrifice her life for him, then I think Xiao Fan would not continue to love her that deeply, like Gui Li did. Like Sweetstrawberry said, I believe that the 16 yrs old Xiao Fan didnt know his own heart. And that event that happened when he was 16 effected the mature Xiao Fan, Gui Li . He loved Biyao deeply because of what had happened, but no mater how much he told himself that Biyao was the one, he still couldnt consider Xue Qi as an ordinary person in his life. He even affraid that Xue Qi would misunderstood him with another woman when she caught him and her together, so he just had to explain the situation. If people still call that a mere 'admiration', then I dont know what else to say .

Are we going to have epi 7 tonight or 2 more days?

Can I ask if the name of this series is "The Legend of Chusen" or "Noble Aspirations"?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Can I ask if the name of this series is "The Legend of Chusen" or "Noble Aspirations"?
    I think 'Legend of Chusen' is the title of the book. And 'Noble Aspirations' is the English title for this adaptation?

Kind of like 'State of Divinity' was the adaptation title for 'Smiling Proud Wanderer' novel.

On ep 7:
    I thought it was less eventful than I expected. I guess it's cause they squeeze in Bi Yao's part?
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 08-08-16 at 02:36 PM.

Yes, my point exactly! Xiao Fan in the first part of the story was only 16 years old. He was still very young and naive. He met gorgeous young girls and experienced adventures and life-death situations with them, so it was natural if his heart was swayed. I remember that he considered how he was taught to be righteous etc2, while Biyao was from evil sect and she also wanted to recruit him to her sect. Despite his love/attraction toward her, I could see his inner battle who hated the evil sect and didnt want to mingle with them.

Regarding Xue Qi, how would Xiao Fan considered her when she was so cold and rarely speak to him, while he himself had been 'confused' with his 'relationship' with Biyao? Xiao Fan was a passive introvert boy. He wouldnt approach a girl if she didnt show her interest toward him, and could only be a protector when she was in danger/trouble. Even toward Ling Er who had been with him, he still didnt have the courage to do anything.Then again, everytime Xue Qi appeared, his feelings was stirred. When she was in trouble, he was worried. After he became Gui Li, even before he knew that she was in love with him, he couldnt kill her.

Honestly, if there were no 'shocking event' and Biyao didnt sacrifice her life for him, then I think Xiao Fan would not continue to love her that deeply, like Gui Li did. Like Sweetstrawberry said, I believe that the 16 yrs old Xiao Fan didnt know his own heart. And that event that happened when he was 16 effected the mature Xiao Fan, Gui Li . He loved Biyao deeply because of what had happened, but no mater how much he told himself that Biyao was the one, he still couldnt consider Xue Qi as an ordinary person in his life. He even affraid that Xue Qi would misunderstood him with another woman when she caught him and her together, so he just had to explain the situation. If people still call that a mere 'admiration', then I dont know what else to say .

Are we going to have epi 7 tonight or 2 more days?
    Yeah i remember that part when Gui Li was quick to explain to XQ about Jing Bing Er lol. I thought that was one of the rare moments you feel that he indeed regarded XQ as someone important and did not want her to misunderstand him.

Btw have you seen the new MV for Zhu Xian. Once again, they didn't show Gui Li part much at all. They are really keeping a tight hold on Gui Li. I hope it means they have something good in store for us. And also more Gui Li and XQ moments. The lack of this paring is driving me nuts lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    On ep 7:
    I thought it was less eventful than I expected. I guess it's cause they squeeze in Bi Yao's part?
    I think this ep is more like a build up episode. It's necessary because it laid out the foundation as well as explained some important stuff for the next few events that will occur. Like how the evil guys are looking for those "xian shu" books that could help them revive the evil sects and the QY elders plan to send the 4 best students from the competition to go investigate the matter. It also focused on exploring XF's feelings towards Linger and his desire to not disappoint his master, that would later act as a catalyst to bring out his rage/ill feelings and able him to weild his stick. I think it was pretty nicely paced, but for those who are looking for more action are probably bored lol. Next ep we will see XF's first fight and hopefully XQ's too. So excited!

Yeah i remember that part when Gui Li was quick to explain to XQ about Jing Bing Er lol. I thought that was one of the rare moments you feel that he indeed regarded XQ as someone important and did not want her to misunderstand him.

Btw have you seen the new MV for Zhu Xian. Once again, they didn't show Gui Li part much at all. They are really keeping a tight hold on Gui Li. I hope it means they have something good in store for us. And also more Gui Li and XQ moments. The lack of this paring is driving me nuts lol.

I think this ep is more like a build up episode. It's necessary because it laid out the foundation as well as explained some important stuff for the next few events that will occur. Like how the evil guys are looking for those "xian shu" books that could help them revive the evil sects and the QY elders plan to send the 4 best students from the competition to go investigate the matter. It also focused on exploring XF's feelings towards Linger and his desire to not disappoint his master, that would later act as a catalyst to bring out his rage/ill feelings and able him to weild his stick. I think it was pretty nicely paced, but for those who are looking for more action are probably bored lol. Next ep we will see XF's first fight and hopefully XQ's too. So excited!
    No, I thought it was a good well pace episode. But going into it I was expecting more butt kicking stuff. The build up is nice though. At least we got 1 fight. Round 1, Linger beat some random dude easily. lol

Poor XF, every time he sees his crush gets with that other guy, it makes me sad.

Anyway, you mention "new MV" in the spoiler. Where? Please link.

No, I thought it was a good well pace episode. But going into it I was expecting more butt kicking stuff. The build up is nice though. At least we got 1 fight. Round 1, Linger beat some random dude easily. lol

Poor XF, every time he sees his crush gets with that other guy, it makes me sad.

Anyway, you mention "new MV" in the spoiler. Where? Please link.
    Yeah, i hope we'll get some hardcore fight next ep! And Linger is so cruel. She totally forgot her beloved little bro once she fell in love 😢😢 lyf's puppy sad face is giving me all the feels though. Boy looks so good being all emo loll

Here's the MV

Agreed..I was bored as hell *yawn* .. Plus I didnt understand what they were talking about, so ..yeah.. I think I wont expect anything from now on, since I wont know when they would add new scenes here there. I mean, must they talked about those things during the competition? The intensity was up the other day, and then there was a lot of talking on the next day, so the intensity level was suddenly dropped.

Anyway, but I like how they showed more on Xiao Fan's broken heart. Like we hoped before, this should make things clearer on who he likes, how he feels, etc etc.

Here's the MV
    Aw, that's disappointing, there's no sound. Due to copyright most likely.

Thanks for the link though.

Aw, that's disappointing, there's no sound. Due to copyright most likely.

Thanks for the link though.
    Ah, I thought that there was something wrong with my handphone, but it does have no sound.

Yeah, thx for the link too, Nega Foxツ. I agree with you. The lack of Gui Li is disturbing. All that I can think of is the company pushed Biyao'-XF's romance to gain more rating . They should promote Gui Li-Xue Qi later after the audience is hooked to the story (while boosting Yang Zhi"s popularity perhaps? I noticed that she is gonna have a movie and a new series. When will they air anyway? )

Or, they did split the story into 2. Here is the synopsys that I found on wiki. To those who had read the whole book, should this cover the whole story? Here is the link :

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qing_Yun_Zhi

Yeah, that was a short rare moment, but rather sweet to see him like that . And I'm thinking like this because I've known people like that in real life. They want to be together but they cant. Even if they go out with someone else, those nervousness was still there everytime they meet.That's why I said that the love story in Zhu Xian is more realistic and mature, unlike the teenage/drama ones who romantisize everything.

I agree with you. The lack of Gui Li is disturbing. All that I can think of is the company pushed Biyao'-XF's romance to gain more rating . They should promote Gui Li-Xue Qi later after the audience is hooked to the story (while boosting Yang Zhi"s popularity perhaps? I noticed that she is gonna have a movie and a new series. When will they air anyway? )

Or, they did split the story into 2. Here is the synopsys that I found on wiki. To those who had read the whole book, should this cover the whole story? Here is the link :
    I don't think that synopsis give much indication of the whole story. I still refuse to think this series is split in two. I'm thinking they are just hiding Gui Li. It's 55 ep plus 16 extra, that's long enough.

But I agree with you about the romantic split, first half Bi Yao, second half Xue Qi. Should work out.

Thanks for that wiki page! Lots of good info I had no clue before. Like the series music composed by two Japanese composer? Cool. And is anybody surprise at that OST track list? That's a lot of songs!

I listen to the one by Mayday, it's good. Also Li Yifeng and Yang Zi sang for this too? Interesting.

Yeah, that was a short rare moment, but rather sweet to see him like that . And I'm thinking like this because I've known people like that in real life. They want to be together but they cant. Even if they go out with someone else, those nervousness was still there everytime they meet.That's why I said that the love story in Zhu Xian is more realistic and mature, unlike the teenage/drama ones who romantisize everything.
    That's because the author of Zhu Xian wasn't born yesterday. Like Yu Zheng. lol
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 08-08-16 at 09:24 PM.

I don't think that synopsis give much indication of the whole 9story. I still refuse to think this series is split in two. I'm thinking they are just hiding Gui Li. It's 55 ep plus 16 extra, that's long enough.

But I agree with you about the romantic split, first half Bi Yao, second half Xue Qi. Should work out.
    Yeah, I doubt the synopsys too. Isnt it weird if Xie Qi is said to be the female protagonist, but there's no mention of her in the synopsys? . Besides, I dont think that XF is way behind in his skill because he is slow. He is not really smart, but he is not dumb either. He is way behind because he has been practising 2 kinds of skills at once, the one from his sect and the one taught by that monk in the beginning. But he doesnt realize that, so he thinks that he really is dumb. Only Jing Yu is the one that trusts his ability.

Thanks for that wiki page! Lots of good info I had no clue before. Like the series music composed by two Japanese composer? Cool. And is anybody surprise at that OST track list? That's a lot of songs!

I listen to the one by Mayday, it's good. Also Li Yifeng and Yang Zi sang for this too? Interesting.
    Eh..I didnt pay attention on the music until you said so *lol*. Where did you download the songs? I've only listened some of them.

And, I said that I didnt like the opening song, but I like it now . It's suitable with the atmosphere of the story, and the instrumental version is really really good.

That's because the author of Zhu Xian wasn't born yesterday. Like Yu Zheng. lol

*lol* ..I'm so thankful that it isnt produced by him. With LYF as Xiao Fan, I could vomit blood until I ran out of it for having my favourite actor ruining his own character and the whole story! And with so many girls who love him out there, we could have a love polygon where he married them all (because they died/were in a comma one by one)
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 08-08-16 at 09:26 PM.

Here's the MV
    Thanks for the MV. It would've been so much better with audio though.

And I have a question regarding ep 7. Did Bi Yao's mother die next to her? If so why did the mom die first? Is it because the mom was injured? I felt the loneliness and hopelessness from that scene though, it moved me.

Another question that rose up for me when I was re-watching Legend of Chusen. What the relationship between the guy in white that is supposedly Jing Yu's master's master and Jing Yu's master lol

Eh..I didnt pay attention on the music until you said so *lol*. Where did you download the songs? I've only listened some of them.
    Half of them are on this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...FPiZsU63crXoE6

The other half I don't know. I'm not sure if they're release yet.

For the song by Mayday, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZMH6Mo0f9A

Quote Originally Posted by KoolPerson100 View Post
    And I have a question regarding ep 7. Did Bi Yao's mother die next to her? If so why did the mom die first? Is it because the mom was injured? I felt the loneliness and hopelessness from that scene though, it moved me.
    Dunno about the series since I havent watched epi 4 and 7 with subs. In the novel, they were trapped in a cave for a long time, with no food and drink. The mom was finally died, so Biyao had to wait there alone.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolPerson100 View Post
    Another question that rose up for me when I was re-watching Legend of Chusen. What the relationship between the guy in white that is supposedly Jing Yu's master's master and Jing Yu's master lol
    He was one of the senior brothers in Qing Yun, at the time when Jing Yu's master was still young. Jing Yu's master has been loving and respecting him so much

Wuxiarocks, thanks for the links!
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 08-08-16 at 10:56 PM. Reason: typos

Is this show worth watching? I'm not a big fan of Li Yifeng (neutral towards his acting) but I do like Zhao Liying a lot! How is the storyline so far?
    Check out my website: www.jasminechaitea.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by chaitea13 View Post
    Is this show worth watching? I'm not a big fan of Li Yifeng (neutral towards his acting) but I do like Zhao Liying a lot! How is the storyline so far?
    That depends on you. But in my opinion, it's among the better series this year.

I've been so busy that I forgot to reply and thank the ppl who answered my questions a few pages back. It's also nice to see a few familiar u/n too when I was active in the rotch thread (I'm digressing). I actually like lyf acting in this series better than the lost tomb (I'm still bitter at all the yy cuts and what could have been TBH) and I'm loving all the little bromance moments. I hope jingyu gets a good ending because for some weird reason I see him going down the talented kid but blinded by revenge trope; can anyone in the book spoils what happens for me and also explains what happened to biyao's mom in the book vs drama?

edit; just caught up on all the eps and xf' some sad faces with le just pulls my heart lol but I'm living for all the cute jingyu-xiao fan moments (I love how child and adult jingyu always jump out in front to protect xf and how much my adores xf). I also find it funny how guojing and huangrong of roch2014 are teacher and student here
    Last edited by suetkei; 08-09-16 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by suetkei View Post
    I've been so busy that I forgot to reply and thank the ppl who answered my questions a few pages back. It's also nice to see a few familiar u/n too when I was active in the rotch thread (I'm digressing). I actually like lyf acting in this series better than the lost tomb (I'm still bitter at all the yy cuts and what could have been TBH) and I'm loving all the little bromance moments. I hope jingyu gets a good ending because for some weird reason I see him going down the talented kid but blinded by revenge trope; can anyone in the book spoils what happens for me and also explains what happened to biyao's mom in the book vs drama?

edit; just caught up on all the eps and xf' some sad faces with le just pulls my heart lol but I'm living for all the cute jingyu-xiao fan moments (I love how child and adult jingyu always jump out in front to protect xf and how much my adores xf). I also find it funny how guojing and huangrong of roch2014 are teacher and student here
    Hi, suetkei!

I also wish that the lost tomb was better. I watched it but I didnt find it interesting, so I wondered why people were really excited about it. Then I read the news about YY and felt that it was too bad to ruin such a good story .

Yeah, it was funny to have Huang Rong-Guo Jing 2014 as teacher-student here . And I love the bromance here, so funny and warm. It's refreshing to watch bromances go well, instead of having brothers killing each other

On Biyao's mom and adding my response to KoolPerson100 :

Dunno about the series, but in the novel, she died first because she cut her own flesh in order to feed Biyao, so that she wouldnt die because of hunger. Biyao didnt realize that at first, and when she did, she was greatly traumatized and felt that she had killed her mom

On Jing Yu, I havent read the book until finished, so I dunno his ending.