Page 21 of 150 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post

IKR!! Do they observe animal welfare in Mainland productions? I'm asking because I'm curious...

Quote Originally Posted by natuschan View Post
    From my understanding of the article, it says that the song Từng Yêu Ai (爱过谁) was commissioned two years ago when they started the production of LOCH 2017 and was intended to be the official song as well as the opening themesong. However, producer has published the opening of the series using the 1983 instrumental for music. The unofficial news is that the production team has changed their mind because they feel the song Từng Yêu Ai (爱过谁) does not reflect the story and is also about YK/YH - the second male lead. No official words yet as to whether the song will be kept as insert or closing themesong or will be completely put aside.

The article also mentions that a LOCH fangroup has attacked the weibo of both the songwriter and singer because they felt the song did not fit the series. They have since apologized.
    After listening to 爱过谁, I can understand that it's not a song befitting a legendary tale like LOCH. It does have a great opening, but the remaining of the song seems to be so disconnected from its own grand opening. Unlike the 80s songs where they had grand opening tones, and then even the tempo changed, they still maintained that grandness...

So yes, I agree with the producers' decisions to change the Opening Theme to the instrumentals of "Iron Blood and Loyal Heart".

By the way, is the director Jeffrey Chiang related to David Chiang? If so, Jeffrey might have been raised in the classic 80s tradition, hence his affinity with the 83 OST (not that others don't, but him particularly might have been so attached to it).

Is it going to air on Dragon TV in China?

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    After listening to 爱过谁, I can understand that it's not a song befitting a legendary tale like LOCH. It does have a great opening, but the remaining of the song seems to be so disconnected from its own grand opening. Unlike the 80s songs where they had grand opening tones, and then even the tempo changed, they still maintained that grandness...

So yes, I agree with the producers' decisions to change the Opening Theme to the instrumentals of "Iron Blood and Loyal Heart".

By the way, is the director Jeffrey Chiang related to David Chiang? If so, Jeffrey might have been raised in the classic 80s tradition, hence his affinity with the 83 OST (not that others don't, but him particularly might have been so attached to it).
    爱过谁 - it sounds like a song from Zhou Xun's version? Can't remember whether it is the opening song?
    Using instrumentals of "Iron Blood and Loyal Heart" - but with no vocals? It's a bit strange. But then, if they change the vocals, they can get "sued" by the original singers/producers?

No, I think the producers would have asked permissions from Roman Tam's (or his recording company) representative. The Iron Blood & Loyal Heart is such a big OST that a production like LOCH 2017 would not just rip it without permission. I do love it that the opening theme has no vocals. It feels grand, and I don't think we can find someone with the vocalisation of Roman Tam these days... not even Hu Ge...

Doesn't Langya Bang (Nirvana in Fire) use non vocal opening theme as well? It suits the series well, IMO...

Is it going to air on Dragon TV in China?
    Dragon TV, another TV, and also iQIYI.

No, I think the producers would have asked permissions from Roman Tam's (or his recording company) representative. The Iron Blood & Loyal Heart is such a big OST that a production like LOCH 2017 would not just rip it without permission. I do love it that the opening theme has no vocals. It feels grand, and I don't think we can find someone with the vocalisation of Roman Tam these days... not even Hu Ge...

Doesn't Langya Bang (Nirvana in Fire) use non vocal opening theme as well? It suits the series well, IMO...
    Langya Bang does use the non-vocal opening theme... what a grand series that one...

Fascinating with the way they are promoting this series, they don't even post a thing about this show on their pages!

I am surprised with just 1-2 days left, they saying nothing about this show widely.

I checked Youtube: The original 1983 song is 2 mins but the current one about 1 min. On the other hand, it's fine since there is no voice.

Pretty sloppy eh? (I meant the Drafon TV etc marketing)

Oh I was wrong with the Langya Bang opening theme. This one below is the correct one, but it still was instrumental music instead of vocals. It was the same music as the one I previously uploaded, but the correct arrangement is this one below.

Last edited by Icha Parvati; 01-07-17 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I checked Youtube: The original 1983 song is 2 mins but the current one about 1 min. On the other hand, it's fine since there is no voice.

Yes, producers tend to shorten the opening theme with some instrumentals. I think that was the case with Langya Bang too. Also some Western series (Spooks and Charmed came to mind) have the short, opening theme version and the longer version as well (not used in opening themes).

OK I am on Weibo!!!

OK I am on Weibo!!!
    For? Provide the link though my Mandarin sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    For? Provide the link though my Mandarin sucks.

Nothing yet. Waiting game for what's to come next.

http://weibo.com/hwshediao
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-07-17 at 09:56 PM.

Yep, Shediao hasn't posted anything as of this hour... oh, and it was amazing that you could create Weibo, Don Yu. Your Chinese must be very good then. I had to ask a Chinese friend of mine to create me a weibo, and i even used her AU phone number for that cos my number somehow doesn't work...
    Last edited by Icha Parvati; 01-07-17 at 10:34 PM.

I had to Google translate.

They will post an update at least to say 1 day left...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wx2.sinaimg.cn/mw690/006i74x8ly1fbh7odeke8j315o2244ex.jpg')
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-07-17 at 10:43 PM.

Don Yu, try Dong Fang TV as well, cos Dong Fang will also air it. Same time, 10 pm Beijing time Monday.

I had to Google translate.

They will post an update at least to say 1 day left...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wx2.sinaimg.cn/mw690/006i74x8ly1fbh7odeke8j315o2244ex.jpg')
    Yep, that much i got... no additional trailers or OST though...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wx4.sinaimg.cn/mw690/006i74x8ly1fbh7ooadesj315o224k8x.jpg')

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-10-22 at 08:47 PM.