Page 58 of 150 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 2986

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I find the 2008 version (which I only watched the last episode) treated YK very positively. He only died in the last episode, killed by OYF which is very different from the 1983 and 2003 series.
    So, you didn't watch the part where Yang Kang, assisted by Mu Nianci, killed a redemptive Ouyang Ke? That was the downfall of that series for me... The reason for YK killing Ouyang Ke (Li Jie) was because: 1) OYK confessed his love to MNC (just saying that, not disrespecting her at all) and 2) to have Ouyang Feng making him (YK) the heir of OYF's skills.

Afterwards, I struggled to care about 2008 ver...

Thanks. Looks like I am in a mess now. To recollect.
    1. MRF lost the 9 yin manual because it is wrapped around GJ's dagger which was used to kill her lover.
    2. It is noted by one/two that it is the scholar who stole the antidote and dagger from MRF when they were fighting in Lu Mansion.
    3. So, how did MNC obtain GJ's dagger then????
    Second Freak stole the 9 Yin Manual in the Cloud Manor. That manual was not wrapping the dagger.

Mu Nianci obtained GJ's dagger because Bao Xiruo gave her (MNC) the dagger as she was about to die on Yang Tiexin's back. That's in Ep 10. BXR always had the dagger with her, for that was the betrothal memento between the Yang and the Guo.
    Last edited by Icha Parvati; 01-29-17 at 01:20 AM. Reason: YTX-BXR's death is in ep 10, not ep 11 as I previously wrote

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    So, you didn't watch the part where Yang Kang, assisted by Mu Nianci, killed a redemptive Ouyang Ke? That was the downfall of that series for me... The reason for YK killing Ouyang Ke (Li Jie) was because: 1) OYK confessed his love to MNC (just saying that, not disrespecting her at all) and 2) to have Ouyang Feng making him (YK) the heir of OYF's skills.

Afterwards, I struggled to care about 2008 ver...
    Hmm, looks like the 2008 story in a mess?

Hmm, looks like the 2008 story in a mess?
    The 2008 ver is a mixed bag for me. Good in small details, lost in the big picture. I wrote a review about it a while ago. It won't hold the popular view, but that's what I think about the series:

http://riverandlakerealm.blogspot.co...pressions.html

The main star for that series was Li Jie's Ouyang Ke for me, and he wasn't even the main lead...

Second Freak stole the 9 Yin Manual in the Cloud Manor. That manual was not wrapping the dagger.

Mu Nianci obtained GJ's dagger because Bao Xiruo gave her (MNC) the dagger as she was about to die on Yang Tiexin's back. That's in Ep 11. BXR always had the dagger with her, for that was the betrothal memento between the Yang and the Guo.
    So, was it shown in the episode that second freak stole the 9 Yin Manual?
    Oh. sorry I am referring to the other dagger. The one which bear YK's name. When was it taken away from MRF?

2008 wasn't my favorite version but I think it has little bits and snippets of nice moments. Ie, the change in the story that allowed for HR and GJ's mom to meet and interact was really touching and something that no other versions have but 2008 handled really well.

oooh... sorry I got confused. For the dagger bearing YK's carving, I can't recall when...

Ep 14 I believe, or 15, had Second Freak stealing the 9 Yin Manual. Definitely in the Cloud Manor. Perhaps Ep 15, cos the Six Freaks had not arrived yet in the Cloud Manor in Ep 14, IIRC.

Gossip news article last year related to MNC actress

http://dumpt.com/img/viewer.php?file...auau2dxzv.jpeg

According to the original story, Zhu Cong pickpockets Mei Chaofeng while looking for an antidote for Mei Chaofeng's poisoned claws (as Guo Jin was injured). While picking the antidote he also found Guo Jing's dagger (the one with Yang Kang's name written on it) and picked it as well since he knew it belonged to Guo Jing. The dagger was wrapped in an old piece of leather which Zhu Cong assumed as just for packaging, but it was the skin of Chen Xuanfeng on which he had written the 9 yin manual, and which Mei Chaofeng had been using for reference. When Mei Chaofeng realises she's lost the manual, Zhu Cong very honestly tells her that he never stole any manual, not knowing it was a piece of leather (and Mei Chaofeng never thought to describe it either).

I need to watch it again... It might indeed be that the 'Yang Kang' dagger was returned to GJ as Zhu Cong (thanks Ian) stole the dagger (and inadvertently the 9 Yin Manual).

have a look at here! What a very apt cartoon!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/LeTHu5x.jpg')

Human skin ! didn't expect that

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-11-22 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    Same here. I really wasn't interested in that version and fast-forwarded a lot while watching, but one of the best things there was when GJ's mom interacted with HR. I've always felt pity because GJ's mom wasn't able to see what kind of girl that had captured her son's heart, so I was glad that they made that addition . The actresses had good chemistry too .
    Yep, agree this is one of the few highlights of the 2008 ver for me...

Quote Originally Posted by krabs View Post
    Human skin ! didn't expect that
    Yep, it was the skin of MCF's dead husband, that was... gross...

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    Someone call?

I still have all 16 ep in my channel. They're in this playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5BdyZfoWBc920q
    Thanks a heap, Wuxiarocks!

I need to watch it again... It might indeed be that the 'Yang Kang' dagger was returned to GJ as Zhu Cong (thanks Ian) stole the dagger (and inadvertently the 9 Yin Manual).

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/LeTHu5x.jpg')
    Nice picture, IP.

Yes, IP, Ian is correct. Thanks, Ian. All this happened in Ep 16.
    Btw, who teach GJ the "no sound" technique to attack MCF?
    And what actually happened to the original 9 Yin manual?
    Last edited by wkeej; 01-29-17 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    Same here. I really wasn't interested in that version and fast-forwarded a lot while watching, but one of the best things there was when GJ's mom interacted with HR. I've always felt pity because GJ's mom wasn't able to see what kind of girl that had captured her son's heart, so I was glad that they made that addition . The actresses had good chemistry too .
    Yes, this part seems to be very rush in earlier series. Hopefully, there will be some scenes in this series.

Again, IIRC, the original Nine Yin Manual was won by Wang Chongyang, the master of Quanzhen. Before he died, he entrusted the Manual to Zhou Botong, ordering ZBT to burn the manual so that it didn't cause rift in Jianghu. But ZBT couldn't do that. He later met HYS again (HYS already married). Feng Heng (HYS's wife) had photographic memory, so she memorised the manual while HYS distracted ZBT.

So I think ZBT still had the original manual by now; and he's been trapped in Tao Hua Island for a few years already. The Manual that HYS had was the copy that Feng Heng wrote for him based on her memory.

I think this is a preview of the next episode:

http://www.iqiyi.com/v_19rral2r58.html

Which means...HR might escape Daddy Heretic later to meet GJ again. Then after the whole Huazheng hurdle, HR truly went back to Tao Hua Island with Daddy (or he went home first, and then HR went after him).

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-11-22 at 12:06 AM.

ah you're right, Luna. You're correct!