Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When A Snail Falls in Love 《如果蜗牛有爱情》 - Wang Kai, Wang Ziwen

I haven't read the book either. Well, I read a few beginning chapters that describe the characters but I didn't stick with it because I prefer reading paperback books. Wang Ziwen's looks and portrayal seems pretty similar to the character of Xu Xu---cept of course erring on the prettier side of "little robotic monster."

I've never connected a robotic character with really perceptive intuition in the past. I usually associate that level of intuition with very sophisticated emotional understanding and expression. Well, clearly Xu Xu's not that sophisticated. I like that Ji Bai called out Xu Xu's intuition as lacking grounding in physical evidence. Personally, listening to your instincts is important, but you have to be able to convince others and the audience.

Wang Kai is a little too thin, in my opinion, for the character, but otherwise he's fine.

I'm up to episode 6 and find the poor little rich girl character a little annoying. Also, Yao Meng must be young as a character...I was a little turned off by the girls' "girl talk" about Ji Bai...i guess, in my opinion, rookies need to get their sh!t together before thinking about dating.

Finish watching up to episode 9. So far liking this show a lot. the storyline is really interesting. I thought the whole show would centre on exposing this particular female character as the baddie in the show...turns out they've already killed her off...so exciting!

@xiaodan: thanks for all the info, I managed to watch up to ep 9 and now I am kinda sad that I don't get new eps on Monday haha....

Anyway, the drama is really growing on me. I pretty much like every character from the police side. And I really like the growing I think calling it affection is too much, it's more like the growing appreciation towards each other from the main otp. The little details are cute as well, like xuxu realising jibai drinking from her bottle of water.

Anyway, the current case is interesting and I don't know if I hate it or like it that I don't seem to see through the case. Usual dramas are not that complicated and you can guess the outcome from the beginning. So it's intense and keeps me watching. Anticipating the next eps.

I watched up to ep14 and I cannot understand why non of the police officers are wearing bullet proof vests during action.

Currently reading the book...the romance bits in the book has been down played a lot in the drama version!

Been watching the trailers doesn't seem like a happy ending. Can some one spoil the ending for me please?

I just finished watching 99.9 with Matsumoto Jun and came back to rewatch When a Snail Falls in Love. It's hilarious when Wang Zhiwen and Wang Kai are standing next to each other. What exactly is the height difference between those two?

Quote Originally Posted by yannlc View Post
    Been watching the trailers doesn't seem like a happy ending. Can some one spoil the ending for me please?
    I'm pretty sure that you're already done with the series by now but in case others were curious...

click to show/hide spoilers
    Happy ending. The leads get married. Wang Zhiwen's character, who was criticized in the beginning for her lack of physique and stamina, proves she's capable both intellectually and physically.

What are some other good crime solving/legal series out there (jdramas, kdramas, or cdramas)? Not picky with languages if it's subbed in Chinese or English. Been watching too many ancient dramas recently and need a change of genre. =)