Thread: Has there been a double standard made in the music industry?

Default Has there been a double standard made in the music industry?

As a musician myself, it is fair to say I feel a bit miffed over the double standard he industry has created over not just the monetary payout but the rate of success as well. Now, this double standard might be viewed differently depending on how you view music but where I view the double standard created is specifically in the music the industry invests in. Now, as you may or may not know, I am passionate about rock n' roll. You know, punk and all that jazz and I strive to make a living off of it. Country and rock share the same elements. Both have guitars, both have drums, both have bass, but there is a difference. Over the months, I have kept an eagles eye out on the charts and the publicity made. Doesn't it feel a tad wrong when Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert, and Brad Paisley are getting exceptional praise not to mention the high class living while a hard working, rock band of the same instruments, the same environment, are at the best left in a outfitted bus, touring around the county maybe the world, and merely make a dent in the living and payoff these country moguls do?

Its pretty f'd up if you ask me. Now, when the day is done this is all merely a matter of opinion, but one should consider when many of these rock artists, such as NOFX, Anti Flag, and Rancid, that maybe have been out much longer than the roster of country artists today still fall in the indie category. NOFX is a bit older than The Offspring and way older than Blink 182, you'd think a million would be thrown in Fat Mikes direction. One should also consider the monumental albums that have come out that nowadays merely may raise an eyebrow, like Offspring's Smash or Americana or Green Days Dookie and American Idiot. Come Out and Play wouldn''t reach the same airplay Crash My Party would, let alone the momentum it reached in 94.

In conclusion, there is room for country and booze, but I challenge you to take a gander at the promotion, net worth's, and possessions Miranda Lambert possesses, and compare it to the middle class bands still eating Wendy's for lunch because if like Fox news the industry were fair and balanced, both Fat Mike and Keith Urban would both be in the millionaires club and Rancid could do "We're Never Ever, Ever Getting Back Together" and receive the same treasure and acclaim Taylor Swift did. Until we find that fair and balanced medium my comrades, the double standard the industry has birthed in alive and well. And I'm eager to hear your thoughts and remedies.
    Tags: ringtones download free for mobile, tai nhac chuong kinh di moi, bollywood ringtones
    Last edited by jackadam; 11-05-16 at 03:18 AM.