Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you solve a problem like Guo Xiang?

Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    I don't understand your train of thinking. Guo Jing's losing is sad, but he didn't say he wanted to become a Buddhist monk or Taoist priest. He was lost for a few months. Guo Jing of that time was 20 years old. Guo Jing had a group of people coming in to an intervention: Qiu Chuji, Huang Rong and Hong Qigong.

Guo Xiang lost everything in her early 30s. Everything was gone; her beloved parents; her brothers and sisters; friends; they were all gone. She didn't have a safety net. She also remember those lines from that nerdy monk and try to dissect and find wisdom in it.

Guo Xiang was lost since she was 16; she became even more lost when her family died heroically.
    It's that damn Yeung Gor again. That punk ruins the life of every woman he encounters (and the men don't fare much better).

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It's that damn Yeung Gor again. That punk ruins the life of every woman he encounters (and the men don't fare much better).
    It's not YG fault he never promised anything for these lady different with Wuji he promised he would marry Yin Li and ZZR..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    It's not YG fault he never promised anything for these lady different with Wuji he promised he would marry Yin Li and ZZR..
    That's exactly the thing: Yeung Gor doesn't even have to DO anything. Just EXISTING seems to cause problems for the women (and often men) who encounter him.

And for once, I'd like to see Yeung Gor just get criticized without anybody bringing up Cheung Mo Gei. Cheung Mo Gei was a different character in a different time and a different set of circumstances. It's gotten like "whataboutism" with defending Yeung Gor sometimes.

That's exactly the thing: Yeung Gor doesn't even have to DO anything. Just EXISTING seems to cause problems for the women (and often men) who encounter him.

And for once, I'd like to see Yeung Gor just get criticized without anybody bringing up Cheung Mo Gei. Cheung Mo Gei was a different character in a different time and a different set of circumstances. It's gotten like "whataboutism" with defending Yeung Gor sometimes.
    You couldn't blame young YG for being "trouble maker" if you know his background before he meet XLN..

You couldn't blame young YG for being "trouble maker" if you know his background before he meet XLN..
    Don't care. None of that makes him more likable to me.

It is partially Yang Guo to blame because of of playful and flirtatious personality toward the women.
    Also Jinyong is to blame for making YG pretty handsome in the novel

Don't care. None of that makes him more likable to me.
    Then you more prefer lousy Wuji than YG..
    Impressive

Then you more prefer lousy Wuji than YG..
    Impressive
    Absolutely, and I don't even feel any need or desire to defend it. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    It is partially Yang Guo to blame because of of playful and flirtatious personality toward the women.
    Also Jinyong is to blame for making YG pretty handsome in the novel
    But his not "womanizer" he also never promise anything to the girls he encounters..

Absolutely, and I don't even feel any need or desire to defend it. It is what it is.
    Oke friend..

In the case of Guo Xiang,
    I think she initially had a crush on Yang Guo because he was handsome and talented, like hero worshipping.
    Later she loved him because of a combination of him saving her and her family's lives when she was a baby and the experience/mini adventures she had with him when they first met, like love at first sight.

I wonder what is the true source of Ken's hatred toward Yang Guo for all of these years?
    Nevertheless, I have enjoyed Ken's posts throughout the years.
    Some of his posts regarding YG are hilarious