Thread: A closer look at RWX's intelligence-why couldn't he fix XXDF?

Default A closer look at RWX's intelligence-why couldn't he fix XXDF?

Now after DFBB jailed him, RWX had nothing to do in his cell. He didn't have the responsibility of running the Sun Moon Cult. He had all the time in the world...all the time in the world with nothing to do, but to fix XXDF.

And yet he couldn't. Why?

This is actually very damaging to the prestige of the level of XAJH fighters because:
    1. If RWX was not that intelligent, then he can't have achieved that high level of skill, thus DFBB wasn't that uber hax
    2. If RWX who can't figure out how to fix XXDF, then he was not that intelligent. Yet he was known in XAJH not just for his skills, but also his intelligence.

Counter-argument: Perhaps this was like the Condor Greats kind of thing. HYS was the one who who invented skills but all the Greats stayed more or less equal. For instance, YD wasn't able to heal the Passionate Flower Poison nor save QQR but it takes nothing from him.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

It was not that RWX couldn't fix the fault, it was just that he did it in his usual dominating manner ie. suppressing the effects with brute force, which in the end caused more problems than it solved.

If one of the Greats/great level fighters had to solve the problem then they would have done it in their own unique way. If it was Toaist experts like WCY, then he would have harmonised the various energies. YD would have neutralised it with some amazing acupoint technique. HYS a mixture of Qi manipulation and medicine. H7G would probably had gone with the flow or not study the art at all. OYF would probably have used a similar approach to RWX, but with his added medical knowledge might have done better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    It was not that RWX couldn't fix the fault, it was just that he did it in his usual dominating manner ie. suppressing the effects with brute force, which in the end caused more problems than it solved.

If one of the Greats/great level fighters had to solve the problem then they would have done it in their own unique way. If it was Toaist experts like WCY, then he would have harmonised the various energies. YD would have neutralised it with some amazing acupoint technique. HYS a mixture of Qi manipulation and medicine. H7G would probably had gone with the flow or not study the art at all. OYF would probably have used a similar approach to RWX, but with his added medical knowledge might have done better.
    That means RWX wasn't very smart, was he? I'm a little interested to explore this more. OK, perhaps he tried to use his brute force (was this mentioned in novel; I think so) and then it backfired. Subsequently, he should had continue to try other approaches, won't he? He was already suffering from XXDF before DFBB stole his leader position, so I reckon then he had already tried to suppress using brute force and failed. That still leaves him plenty of time in the jail to come up with alternatives.

If the Condor Greats run into this problem, exactly my point, we don't see them throwing a fit, but we can actually see them sorting things out. I disagree with you that H7G might not study at all-I believe he would be able to merge the streams together. He may be lazy, but he's pretty intelligent enough.

Quote Originally Posted by hyoyatika View Post
    That means RWX wasn't very smart, was he? I'm a little interested to explore this more. OK, perhaps he tried to use his brute force (was this mentioned in novel; I think so) and then it backfired. Subsequently, he should had continue to try other approaches, won't he? He was already suffering from XXDF before DFBB stole his leader position, so I reckon then he had already tried to suppress using brute force and failed. That still leaves him plenty of time in the jail to come up with alternatives.

If the Condor Greats run into this problem, exactly my point, we don't see them throwing a fit, but we can actually see them sorting things out. I disagree with you that H7G might not study at all-I believe he would be able to merge the streams together. He may be lazy, but he's pretty intelligent enough.
    It wasn't so much intelligence but more of a personality flaw for RWX. He had one of those extreme personalities that would brook no opposition. Hence when he met a problem he dealt with it in accordance to his preference, brute force. It was not a simple method, nor easy and the fact that he could pull it off, shows quite a high level of intelligence. The subsequent side effect was for RWX an acceptable problem in order for him to continue to use the art.

My comment for H7G was not a reflection on his intelligence but on his personality. XXDF had so many problems that to someone like H7G it was just not worth the effort. Remember that when GJ got 9 Yin, it never even crossed H7G's mind to demand he hand it over to him. If he couldn't be bothered to learn 9 Yin, I doubt he would be bothered with XXDF.

Of RWX had stolen the YJJ from Shaolin he would have solved the problem. But I guess no one told him YJJ works. Or maybe he overestimated his own skills and thought he can fix it himself.

Quote Originally Posted by blurry View Post
    Of RWX had stolen the YJJ from Shaolin he would have solved the problem. But I guess no one told him YJJ works. Or maybe he overestimated his own skills and thought he can fix it himself.
    Or maybe it was near impossible to steal YJJ from Shaolin.

Or maybe it was near impossible to steal YJJ from Shaolin.
    Not sure there was anything to steal. YJJ was probably like 18 Dragon palm only passed on by word of mouth. Hence unless you can kidnap the Shaolin Abbot and force him to tell you the secret there is nothing to learn. I know in DGSD there was a written version, but this never seems to appear again so my pet theory is that after DY returned it to Shaolin, the Abbot memorised it then had it destroyed.

Remember LHC was only taught YJJ verbally.

Not sure there was anything to steal. YJJ was probably like 18 Dragon palm only passed on by word of mouth. Hence unless you can kidnap the Shaolin Abbot and force him to tell you the secret there is nothing to learn. I know in DGSD there was a written version, but this never seems to appear again so my pet theory is that after DY returned it to Shaolin, the Abbot memorised it then had it destroyed.

There is no guarantee that anyone short of Damo (who wrote YJJ) or the Bei Ming creator could have fixed it. Who is to say that the Greats could have fixed it? After all, non of the Greats came up with anything like 9 Yin on their own did they?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    There is no guarantee that anyone short of Damo (who wrote YJJ) or the Bei Ming creator could have fixed it. Who is to say that the Greats could have fixed it? After all, non of the Greats came up with anything like 9 Yin on their own did they?
    As stated RWX did come up with a fix, although imperfect it did work. As I seriously doubt that the Greats' understanding of Martial Arts was any less than RWX, there is no reason why they couldn't do the same.

Although 9 Yin was an impressive Qi cultivation Martial Arts, it is debatable whether the Greats' Martial Arts were actually weaker. Remember 9 Yin has only two external techniques, 9 Yin Claw and Heart Shattering Palm. While these arts were dangerous they were inferior to the Greats, case in point GJ with only 15 Dragon Palms managed to hold his own against 9 Yin Claw.

If we just consider Qi cultivation, then yes 9 Yin was superior, but as a complete fighting art the Greats could match if not surpass 9 Yin.

Maybe it was because LHC wasn't a Shaolin disciple, so by right, he shouldn't be learning. As such, FZ couldn't retrieve the manual officially?

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    So with this in mind, does this put HYS a little over the Greats?

Although 9 Yin was an impressive Qi cultivation Martial Arts, it is debatable whether the Greats' Martial Arts were actually weaker. Remember 9 Yin has only two external techniques, 9 Yin Claw and Heart Shattering Palm..
    No, 9yin had more external techniques. For instance, ZBT used a Demon Subduing Fist against YG to test Sad Palms. I believe ZBT was using 9yin techniques while being tied up against HYS as well.

No, 9yin had more external techniques. For instance, ZBT used a Demon Subduing Fist against YG to test Sad Palms. I believe ZBT was using 9yin techniques while being tied up against HYS as well.
    I thought the fight between ZBT and YG, started with ZBT using Vacant Fist, his own invention, then moving onto left/right hand combo vs Sad Palm. ZBT did not use any techniques from 9 Yin at all?

ZBT vs HYS, ZBT tied himself up deliberately so that he couldn't use 9 Yin technique so as not to violate his promise to WCY, he did not use any 9 Yin technique there either.

I thought the fight between ZBT and YG, started with ZBT using Vacant Fist, his own invention, then moving onto left/right hand combo vs Sad Palm. ZBT did not use any techniques from 9 Yin at all?

ZBT vs HYS, ZBT tied himself up deliberately so that he couldn't use 9 Yin technique so as not to violate his promise to WCY, he did not use any 9 Yin technique there either.
    I'm very sure ZBT was using Demon Subduing Fist from 9yin against YG.

As for when he was taking on HYS, I'm not that sure, but I think it was said he was using 9yin techniques and being able to fight HYS to a draw. It was at this point HYS, OYF and H7G realize that ZBT was above them. If ZBT could draw HYS with his hands tied, ZBT could definitely beat them with his hands untied and definitely beat them soundly with L/R technique.

At some stage Yang Guo recognised Demon Subduing Fists from 9 yin and dared Zhou Botong to take his own Sad Palms. A few stances from Sad Palms frightened the life out of ZBT who leapt away to give himself space to react and defend. YG conceded defeat and went to leave, but ZBT tried to detain him and show him more from Sad Palms. YG then defended himself with ease using a mixture of Quanzhen arts, Demon Subduing Fists and variations of the 4 stances of Sad Palms that ZBT had already seen, frustrating the hell out of ZBT who eventually conceded and begged for more.