Thread: Did the GWM never teach Fok Do or Dat Yee Ba his flying wheels technique?

Default Did the GWM never teach Fok Do or Dat Yee Ba his flying wheels technique?

Fok Do and Dat Yee Ba were never seen exhibiting their teacher Golden Wheel Monk's famous flying wheels technique. Did the Golden Wheel Monk never teach them his famed technique? Did they lack the skill to master it?

When the two fought late in the novel, Daerba used a staff technique that was derived from the wheel technique. I have no idea how the flying staff technique was any better than just ordinarily swinging it around, since he still needed to redirect it with his hands. However, it was too much for Huo Du, who was struck by it and mortally injured (but not so mortally that he couldn't fake death).

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    When the two fought late in the novel, Daerba used a staff technique that was derived from the wheel technique. I have no idea how the flying staff technique was any better than just ordinarily swinging it around, since he still needed to redirect it with his hands. However, it was too much for Huo Du, who was struck by it and mortally injured (but not so mortally that he couldn't fake death).
    I wonder why neither Fok Do nor Dat Yee Ba ever learned the flying wheels technique proper. Did the Golden Wheel Monk not wish to teach this technique to them, or did they lack the ability to master it?