Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ling Wu Chung runs the gauntlet against each of the other major JY protagonists

Default Ling Wu Chung runs the gauntlet against each of the other major JY protagonists

OK, we're going to run Ling Wu Chung with his Dook Goo 9 Swords (and whatever other skills he had by the end of SPW) against a gauntlet of other major Jin Yong protagonists (discounting the weaker ones such as Wai Siu Bo and Chan Ga Lok, whom LWC is clearly superior to in martial arts).

So he goes against them in this order:

1. Cheung Mo Gei (end of HSDS)

2. Yeung Gor (end of ROCH)

3. Gwok Jing (end of ROCH)

4. Kiu Fung (shortly before the time of his death in DGSD)

5. Deun Yu (end of DGSD)

6. Hui Juk (end of DGSD)

How far do you imagine Ling Wu Chung getting through this gauntlet?

1. ZWJ

because LHC can't handle a roar
    Last edited by Snafu3721; 03-08-18 at 06:24 AM.

In seriousness-

Because LHC hasn't shown the capacity to handle sophisticated internal attacks and palm strikes. An example: LHC couldn't figure out how to counter FZ's palms... and he couldn't handle RWX's roar. And everyone on that list has Greats lvl palm sets or Internal utilization

ZWJ also has QKDNY. To some degree, if fully utilized, may be the one of the things that can counter DG9J on a technique level. Dugu swords tries to exploit weaknesses while QKDNY can create ones where none exist. And what if ZWJ can figure out and mimic DG9J using QKDNY!?!

Even if ZWJ fought LHC with swords and played to LHC's strength, ZWJ may still win. Because CX can give LHC a run for his money using Taiji sword techniques. In the hands of ZWJ... I think LHC will definitely lose. I believe LHC will feel numbness every time he clashes with ZWJ just due to sheer internal difference (much like DFBB); and ZWJ is already using a sword technique that LHC may already have a hard time overcoming

And if one subscribes to RWX=~ LOCH Greats. I think LHC will have a hard time dealing with any of the people in the gauntlet
    Last edited by Snafu3721; 03-08-18 at 06:45 AM.

There is about 0.5% chance LHC can win against any of them, much less multiple of them in a row.

The 0.5% chance being LHC decides to "transform" into a girl and rename herself to Zhou Zhi Ruo. He will beat Zhang Wu Ji then.

Quote Originally Posted by Snafu3721 View Post

ZWJ also has QKDNY. To some degree, if fully utilized, may be the one of the things that can counter DG9J on a technique level. Dugu swords tries to exploit weaknesses while QKDNY can create ones where none exist. And what if ZWJ can figure out and mimic DG9J using QKDNY!?!
    Doesn't Dook Goo 9 Swords also create weaknesses in opposing techniques?

and i think wuji cannot mimic DG9J, because DG9J does not have a "real" stance

i think most people would choose trilogy of condor heroes main protagonist and trio DGSD main heroes over LHC

but what if...
    LHC when end of end novel (3 years after end of novel, where he married RYY ) , that is after LHC learnt yijinjing for 3 and half years
    Last edited by a_tumiwa; 03-09-18 at 03:22 AM.

If LHC have 10 to 15 years of YJJ internal and master the Qi/Palm-Breaking Stance, I believe he can go toe to toe with Yang Guo/Guo Jing.

If he somehow manage to find a secret copy of KHBB lying around, he can even give Xu Zhu a run for his money.

I would love to read how JY would describe a DJ9G vs LBWB fight.

Do you think LHC could hit DY? Ignore the 6MSJ, just DY trying to dodge.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I would love to read how JY would describe a DJ9G vs LBWB fight.

Do you think LHC could hit DY? Ignore the 6MSJ, just DY trying to dodge.
    If Dook Goo 9 Swords works the way I *think* it does, wouldn't Deun Yu just run into Ling Wu Chung's sword blade?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    If Dook Goo 9 Swords works the way I *think* it does, wouldn't Deun Yu just run into Ling Wu Chung's sword blade?
    Depends on what JY had for breakfast I guess.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Doesn't Dook Goo 9 Swords also create weaknesses in opposing techniques?
    No it does not. The underlying theory behind DG9G is that all techniques have a weakness, and it teaches you how to identify and attack that weakness, not how to create them. The times that LHC ran into trouble were because: he couldn't find the weakness (Chongxu's Tai Chi Sword), he couldn't react in time to exploit the weakness (against DFBB), he couldn't see (the two Songshan elders) or he didn't understand advanced unarmed techniques (Fengzheng/Renwoxing's unarmed arts). If he could create weaknesses where none existed before and attack them immediately, then he would be pretty much invincible in SPW.

The idea of LBWB is that each step goes in a completely unpredictable direction from the previous step, so if an enemy tries to anticipate the next step, then they will keep missing. Presumably DG9J is no exception if the wielder tries anticipating the next step? The solution to this is to just ignore what the LBWB user is doing and flail your weapon around randomly - sooner or later they will end up running into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Kwok View Post
    No it does not. The underlying theory behind DG9G is that all techniques have a weakness, and it teaches you how to identify and attack that weakness, not how to create them. The times that LHC ran into trouble were because: he couldn't find the weakness (Chongxu's Tai Chi Sword), he couldn't react in time to exploit the weakness (against DFBB), he couldn't see (the two Songshan elders) or he didn't understand advanced unarmed techniques (Fengzheng/Renwoxing's unarmed arts). If he could create weaknesses where none existed before and attack them immediately, then he would be pretty much invincible in SPW.
    That's curious and intriguing. So even the almighty Dook Goo 9 Swords has an exploitable Achilles' heel.

I remember reading on these forums that Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl's Double Sword Technique could actually create weaknesses where they did not exist. Is that true?

OK, we're going to run Ling Wu Chung with his Dook Goo 9 Swords (and whatever other skills he had by the end of SPW) against a gauntlet of other major Jin Yong protagonists (discounting the weaker ones such as Wai Siu Bo and Chan Ga Lok, whom LWC is clearly superior to in martial arts).

So he goes against them in this order:

1. Cheung Mo Gei (end of HSDS)

2. Yeung Gor (end of ROCH)

3. Gwok Jing (end of ROCH)

4. Kiu Fung (shortly before the time of his death in DGSD)

5. Deun Yu (end of DGSD)

6. Hui Juk (end of DGSD)

How far do you imagine Ling Wu Chung getting through this gauntlet?
    1. Win, ZWJ is bad tier fighter
    2. Win (biased), internal energy difference too great. getting zerged by YG is gg, no chance to even analyze fighting style.
    3. same
    4. same
    5. Win because 1.
    6. without apprentence very small chance, depends if sword can pierce XZ skin

Quote Originally Posted by yangguo_ View Post
    2. Win (biased), internal energy difference too great. getting zerged by YG is gg, no chance to even analyze fighting style.
    3. same
    4. same
    5. Win because 1.
    I'm a little bit confused by your post. Is Ling Wu Chung winning or losing against Cheung Mo Gei and Yeung Gor?

Quote Originally Posted by yangguo_ View Post
    3. same
    4. same
    5. Win because 1.
    Chong'er even loss to Ren Woxing while Guo Jing Xiao Feng and Yang Guo (end ROCH with Heavy Sword) can "handle" 2 Ren Woxing!!!!

That's curious and intriguing. So even the almighty Dook Goo 9 Swords has an exploitable Achilles' heel.

I remember reading on these forums that Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl's Double Sword Technique could actually create weaknesses where they did not exist. Is that true?
    It doesn't create weaknesses where it doesn't exist.
    But it does "protect against all potential weaknesses".

Jade Maiden is more defensive than offensive. But I think in the hands of XLN and her weird LR synergy, it can be applied more offensive

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snafu3721 View Post
    It doesn't create weaknesses where it doesn't exist.
    But it does "protect against all potential weaknesses".

Jade Maiden is more defensive than offensive. But I think in the hands of XLN and her weird LR synergy, it can be applied more offensive
    Alternatively the absolute defence of Jade Maiden may in itself create the weakness within the enemy. When faced with repeatedly failed attacks, self doubt will inevitably seep into the opponent, thus making the potential for mistake increase and so creating a weakness not in the technique but in the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Alternatively the absolute defence of Jade Maiden may in itself create the weakness within the enemy. When faced with repeatedly failed attacks, self doubt will inevitably seep into the opponent, thus making the potential for mistake increase and so creating a weakness not in the technique but in the person.
    Reminds me of how the duel between Sai Mun Chui Sheut and Ngor Mei Sect Leader Dook Goo 1 Hok progressed in the first LUK SIU FUNG story, until DG1H's inner power (already drained in an earlier struggle with Fok Teen Ching) gave out and tilted the advantage in SMCS's direction.

Ok
    I think we have to clarify many things
    1.I think we should separate SPW from other novels because most of JY`s rules were broken in the story.
    2.People think that DQ is 2nd or 3rd rate fighter and usually hate him.Becuase of that they think or want to think 9SOD is a overrate swordplay.
    3.9SOD is a swordplay that turned more powerful when the opponent was stronger.
    4.In swordsmanship every single fight improve sowrdsman`skill and experience and these two is more important in armed fighter than unarmed fighter.
    5.Many people always say that RWX`roar beat LCH.It is true but Did LCH dominate 30% of 9SOD?Was he in full health?
    6.Do you think that before defeat LHC is equal after defeat LCH?Do you forget about 4?
    7.In the end of the SPW we have a LHC that learned 9SOD+SS+TAS+many skill and experience in the fight