Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jin Yong's adaptations 2017-2020

Default LOLZ, TVB is trying to survive they dont use cantonese name anymore now? my view for

LOLZ, TVB is trying to survive
    they dont use cantonese name anymore now?
    my view for their future is negative , i am being a skeptic.

i want to comment to jaynestars, but dont know how, there is no register new account button, how to do it?
    Last edited by a_tumiwa; 06-01-21 at 08:02 AM.
    Best Wuxia author of all time : master Jin Yong

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    LOLZ, TVB is trying to survive they dont use cantonese name anymore now? my view for their future is negative , i am being a skeptic. i want to comment to jaynestars, but dont know how, there is no register new account button, how to do it?
    Underneath a blog post, there appear to be links: "You must be logged in to post a comment." or "Login or Register before you can reply to" https://www.jaynestars.com/wp-login.php https://www.jaynestars.com/signup/ but when i click on the registration link, i get this message: "User registration is currently not allowed."

Just as texture said. I also clicked the link and said registration is closed at the moment

Some updates from various sources:

Tencent Young Flying Fox will only finish filming by July. So the earliest they might broadcast maybe 2022. Though yesterday 4th June the actor for MRF has finished filming his parts.

No further update about the Iqiyi fox volant movie so for now I think they still stick to the winter 2021 premier.

Demi God and Semi Devil has been sold to CCTV, Tencent, Iqiyi and other platform but still has no broadcast confirmation.

No further news about TVB Heaven Sword. I want to see how they want to handle this with their limited resources. Can't believe they want to remake so quick after the 2019 version.

The Young Flying Fox (Fei Hu Wai Zhuan) had finished 4 months of filming on 26th July. The three main leads Qin Jun Jie, Liang Jie and Xing Fei had a wuxia themed photoshoot with Esquire China to mark the end of filming.

https://m.weibo.cn/u/7578674166

Last edited by a_tumiwa; 07-27-21 at 09:23 AM.

DGSD will be airred tomorrow on WeTV
    i dont think the quality will be up to expectation, maybe would be worse than 2013 version , but i will surely watch it until finish

I hate to say this but I'm really getting the vibe of the deer and cauldron 2020 from this dgsd
    Let's hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as tdac 2020
    And
    It's more tolerable if they've been made this adaptation from the 2nd edition

Quote Originally Posted by Cleopatra95 View Post
    Some updates from various sources:

Tencent Young Flying Fox will only finish filming by July. So the earliest they might broadcast maybe 2022. Though yesterday 4th June the actor for MRF has finished filming his parts.

No further update about the Iqiyi fox volant movie so for now I think they still stick to the winter 2021 premier.

Demi God and Semi Devil has been sold to CCTV, Tencent, Iqiyi and other platform but still has no broadcast confirmation.

No further news about TVB Heaven Sword. I want to see how they want to handle this with their limited resources. Can't believe they want to remake so quick after the 2019 version.
    Sound like fake news. Remember in 2009 or earlier tvb was said to film CLX with Kevin Cheng before he blew up in China for a brief stint. However, former and current tvb talents are in Wong jing hsds movie, so possibility are slim. The recent wuxia are pure parody, low budget comedies, and pre modern "realism" martial arts in traids/mafia. Reckon they seldom filming ancient historical/fantasy. There is no way they try tackle controversial JY again with their old pool of uncles and under develop rising pageants winners.

there are some leak for ROCH trailer , i feel that the adaptation would come soon
    let's hope it could come this year

Tencent confirm that ROCH and Fox will come next year 2022

Anyone seen the new kungfu cult master/hsds duology films by wong jing and koo tin lok starring raymond lam? It is supposed to be a sequel to 1993 jet li version. Instead of doing a typical sequel with recast, they shot and remake the jet li film follow by a sequel that never came to fruition in the 90s due to bad box office. Sum it up, less profanity and toilet humor. As someone prefer original voices, koo, donnie, and few more cantones voice can't live up to mandarin dub of emotion oddly. It is better than 90s sure, but not by a whole lot. however, a lot of nostalgic fan goggle prefer the cult fav of 90s plus the cast here are over age by a mile. It's the best if wong isn't creative behind most of it. Unless it's ashes of times artistic excuse or selective event, you should never adapt 40 chapters of wuxia in to a movie. The movies really awaken me to shy away from wuxi remakes for a while.

Btw, 7-8 years gap isn't bad now roch is push back for ages in warehouse. People complain about marvel movies sucking out artist creative movies and hollywood rely on nostalgic remake reboot from disney animation to ghostbusters. However, does jin yong novels suffer from the same faith or worse. Comic book movie take liberty and inspiration from comic. There's never one for one word by word remake ever and recent years they combine buddy, spy, mystery, horror in to them to refresh the genre. On the other hand, you can't change jin yong novels too much like the ashes of time. Maybe, it's time let the books stay as literature for a few more decade. It seem rich bts people in china want disect chapters for marvel star war like anthlogy. People are displease, but they are always suck back in by their curiousity. Over the years, you can guess the words, action, and character introduction without needing a formula or spoilers. Most people that had seen at least a few rendition of jin yong tv dramas feel like they're watching it exppecting what to come to see how much has the writer change and how much worse it is. It is hard to beat nostalgia and first time experience. Overall, you already been spoil countless times, so storyline twists and actions scenes will not wow you even if cgi wire work or music is better in certain remakes. It is just tiring. Just hope for more oroginality and pehaps a few more new intellectual properties to compete. Time travel and palace scheming are iconic, but does it hold up even with actors change and enperor change. The blue print is still there.

The movie remake looks more like a drama than a movie. Sadly, it tries very hard using cringy dialogues to explain Wuxia.
    Adapt 40 chapters into a movie is possible but need to select the correct spots. Know that what the original audience desire is the key if you are targeting them. Nowadays remake suffer the problem of "wanting to attract new audience - if too sudden scene changes - people cannot catch what is going on". However, when we see classic movies, do they care whether you are a JY fan or noob? No they dont. Whether the dialogue, the cut scenes, the fight scenes - they are made to impress and entertain. However while true JY fans will complain the most minute details, how they deviate from the novel, new audience is gain as overall quality of the film is packaged with a theme in mind. However, with the now social climate, there can be no violence, no sexual hints, no political message, no supernatural, no palace scheming etc, etc if the film is to be release in China. These babysit policies will ensure that creativity cannot be expressed fully. Everyone is so careful on how to speak, behave and act. Therefore it is not there are no creative writers. They are all suppressed by the cancel culture today. This already affected the Comics industry, it has infected China and the last bastion Japan is fighting to maintain their manga sovereignty.

JY novels is ties strongly with history and characters have rich heritage. New age writers cant write without cringy dialogues about how powerful their characters are. There is no deep backstories where their skills came from. A Mary Sue nonetheless. Not sure if it is due to people today read books, watch drama and movie by swiping. So there is no need to emphasis on body posture (Our new Zhaomin is slouching all the way), acting skills, storyline. Everyone just want to finish the entertainment in the fastest time and post on social media. I have met too many that without properly watching the media fully and started critising online. This is disrespectful to the producer. Perhaps so, film makers have learnt not to put in efforts in entertainment making. Just the sales figures is all that counts. Wong Jing chooses online platform to release the remake is due to this. Just plain money making to milk the nostalgia and to minimise production cost to release in cinemas.
    Last edited by wusiaobo; 02-22-22 at 11:54 PM.
    Birds belong to the sky like fishes to water; Dont set them free, they are never meant be.

Any word on ROCH 2022?

Running a bit out of patience waiting for Roch 22. I hope its good so that people would start writing fanfics of it again.

Quote Originally Posted by aniking_8 View Post
    Anyone seen the new kungfu cult master/hsds duology films by wong jing and koo tin lok starring raymond lam? It is supposed to be a sequel to 1993 jet li version. Instead of doing a typical sequel with recast, they shot and remake the jet li film follow by a sequel that never came to fruition in the 90s due to bad box office. Sum it up, less profanity and toilet humor. As someone prefer original voices, koo, donnie, and few more cantones voice can't live up to mandarin dub of emotion oddly. It is better than 90s sure, but not by a whole lot. however, a lot of nostalgic fan goggle prefer the cult fav of 90s plus the cast here are over age by a mile. It's the best if wong isn't creative behind most of it. Unless it's ashes of times artistic excuse or selective event, you should never adapt 40 chapters of wuxia in to a movie. The movies really awaken me to shy away from wuxi remakes for a while.

Btw, 7-8 years gap isn't bad now roch is push back for ages in warehouse. People complain about marvel movies sucking out artist creative movies and hollywood rely on nostalgic remake reboot from disney animation to ghostbusters. However, does jin yong novels suffer from the same faith or worse. Comic book movie take liberty and inspiration from comic. There's never one for one word by word remake ever and recent years they combine buddy, spy, mystery, horror in to them to refresh the genre. On the other hand, you can't change jin yong novels too much like the ashes of time. Maybe, it's time let the books stay as literature for a few more decade. It seem rich bts people in china want disect chapters for marvel star war like anthlogy. People are displease, but they are always suck back in by their curiousity. Over the years, you can guess the words, action, and character introduction without needing a formula or spoilers. Most people that had seen at least a few rendition of jin yong tv dramas feel like they're watching it exppecting what to come to see how much has the writer change and how much worse it is. It is hard to beat nostalgia and first time experience. Overall, you already been spoil countless times, so storyline twists and actions scenes will not wow you even if cgi wire work or music is better in certain remakes. It is just tiring. Just hope for more oroginality and pehaps a few more new intellectual properties to compete. Time travel and palace scheming are iconic, but does it hold up even with actors change and enperor change. The blue print is still there.
    I think the 2019 drama version is much better than the 2021 movie version

Quote Originally Posted by Alallen684 View Post
    Running a bit out of patience waiting for Roch 22. I hope its good so that people would start writing fanfics of it again.
    any word on it? Can it still air it has been so many years

Default Fei Hu Wai Zhuan

Quote Originally Posted by Cleopatra95 View Post
    any word on it? Can it still air it has been so many years
    no news yet, but we have new trailer for The Young Flying Fox

http://Coming soon the young flying ...="0"></iframe>

Best Wuxia author of all time : master Jin Yong

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    Hi. THis video is blocked. What's it about?