Thread: Wong Jing thinks Stephen Chow likes money more than movies

Default Wong Jing thinks Stephen Chow likes money more than movies

Wong Jing and Stephen Chow Sing Chi have worked together countless times and created many classic comedy films, unfortunately in the end due to different values they grew further and further apart and made another collaboration difficult. Wong Jing yesterday appeared on a Commercial Radio interview. He said that after working with Chow Sing Chi on ALL FOR THE WINNER (DOH JUP) many of their films performed well. Wong Jing said, "He is super smart, has a lot of ideas and extremely high potential.

As a director he is also pretty good, I appreciate his persistence very much. We were once pretty close friends. He would honestly share his personal affairs like girlfriends and cars with me."

However after they worked together on FORBIDDEN CITY COP (DAI NOI MUK TAM LING LING FAT) in 1996 they worked together less. Wong Jing said, "Because our values were further and further apart. Many people think that I like money, actually I like movies more than money; but he definitely likes money more than movies. In 1999 he and I worked together on our last film THE TRICKY MASTER (CHIN WONG JI WONG 2000). At the time I agreed to his salary demand, but he gave very few days.

Most of the film ended up on Nick Cheung Ka Fai's hands. He was a little uncooperative, refused to pass the ball and only played his own part. He felt like he was a guest star and had no responsible to help with cultivating new comers, it became rather unpleasant." Wong Jing believed that the chance of working with Sing Yeh again was very slim. "He doesn't even want to star in his own movie, not to mention he is older now. I watch him turn his own image into an immortal guru, his state of mind is no longer that of an actor. The position of an actor to him is too low! He doesn't want to act."

source
    -SC

Wong Jing and Stephen Chow Sing Chi, two renowned figures in the film industry, had a successful collaboration that brought about many classic comedy films. However, as time went on, their differing values caused a growing distance between them, making further collaborations difficult.

In a recent Commercial Radio interview, Wong Jing shared his thoughts on their past work together. He praised Chow Sing Chi's intelligence, creativity, and immense potential. He acknowledged Chow Sing Chi's skills as a director and appreciated his unwavering commitment to his craft. The two were once close friends, sharing personal aspects of their lives such as relationships and cars.

However, their collaboration dwindled after working on "Forbidden City Cop" in 1996. Wong Jing revealed that their values had diverged significantly. While some might think that Wong Jing prioritizes money, he clarified that his passion lies more in movies than financial gain. On the other hand, Chow Sing Chi appeared to have a stronger inclination towards monetary rewards. I also heard that he was interested in trading, and visited sites similar to https://fxaudit.com/best-us-forex-brokers/. But maybe it's just a fake.

Their last joint project was "The Tricky Master" in 1999, where Wong Jing agreed to Chow Sing Chi's salary demand but found him less committed, giving limited days for filming. Most of the film ended up relying on the involvement of Nick Cheung Ka Fai. Wong Jing expressed dissatisfaction with Chow Sing Chi's uncooperative attitude, as he seemed focused solely on his own role and neglected the responsibility of supporting and nurturing new talents. The experience left a sour note.

Wong Jing believed that the likelihood of working with Chow Sing Chi again was slim. He observed that Chow Sing Chi no longer had the desire to star in his own films and had transformed his image into that of an immortal guru, displaying a shift in his mindset. The position of an actor seemed beneath him, and he showed no interest in acting.

This glimpse into the dynamic between Wong Jing and Stephen Chow Sing Chi sheds light on the complexities that can arise in creative collaborations and the impact of differing values on relationships in the entertainment industry.

I believe that the more successful an artist is, the more sources of income they normally have. For example, I am a scriptwriter by education, but that doesn’t stop me from understanding finances too. Recently, I found an article Best Crypto Investing Courses 2023 about the most interesting courses on crypto trading, but I also have experience in Forex trading. There's this guy, Thomas Kralow. He changed himself from an ordinary guy to a millionaire and later founded a university for traders, and his course includes both Bitcoin and Forex training. It's very convenient since a portfolio should be diversified, period! Huge human thanks to Thomas’s team for supporting me in tough times and for the installment plan payment huge shoutout too. Overall, I would recommend this course to everyone.