Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Max Potential of Ling Hu Chong

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman83 View Post
    Many people always argued He'll still have issues unless he can match DFBB's speed. During the fight, LHC can see DFBB'S weakness in his/her stance but too slow to react to DFBB's speed.

Does martial arts increase a person speed by a lot or its a natural born thing ?
    Martial Arts generally improves reaction time more than pure speed, which is a trait of athleticism/youth. It's why older Martial Artists move after their opponents but hit first.

Feng qingyang said that at his age, he wouldn't try to outspeed his faster opponents, but instead would out think them, which is perfect for using DG9J in a sublime way (compared to Linghu Chong's spectacular but 'clumsier' executions)

Quote Originally Posted by Junzi Tao View Post
    Martial Arts generally improves reaction time more than pure speed, which is a trait of athleticism/youth. It's why older Martial Artists move after their opponents but hit first.

Feng qingyang said that at his age, he wouldn't try to outspeed his faster opponents, but instead would out think them, which is perfect for using DG9J in a sublime way (compared to Linghu Chong's spectacular but 'clumsier' executions)
    So FQY could beat DFBB..

Beat DFBB in 1v1? Possibly, he COULD.
    In the same situation as LHC? Definitely 😁

Something I should clarify, drawing from general martial arts Head Canon, is that being super fast to point of being able to flicker your movements actually becomes easier to read compared to slower but more fluid/agile movements: it's just that it's harder to respond to, depending on your reaction time! For instance, when I use or fight opponents who use such movements, the trajectory tends to be more linear, especially if the fighter doesn't have very advanced qigong, as simple movements are easier to work with. (I'm only starting to get to the point of being able to add more fluidity to my burst speed after a decade plus of progress.) Another way to think about it is that such movements 'bounce' off different surface points, which CAN be internal.

In the later LHC vs YBQ fight, it was stated that as the fight went on, YBQ's speed became less overwhelming as LHC got used to it, and in addition to the moves being repeated, he was able to develop a suitable counter.

(I'm still a YBQ fanboy though, but more towards his Junzi Jian persona!)

So that's mean FQY stronger than YG or GJ since I think they would hardly beat DFBB the chance is 51:49 for DFBB..