Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Max Potential of Ling Hu Chong

Default Max Potential of Ling Hu Chong

Maybe this has been asked to the death before.

Supposedly Ling Hu chong has no internal energy, he has fully mastered du gu jiu jian and yi jin Jing,

How would he fare against a 100% battle focused dong fang bu bai ?

Can he be on par with yang guo another great sword user.

Hmmmm interesting since Yi Jinjing no worse than any of great internal skill (i.e 9 Yin/Yang) but I quite doubt his DG9S strong enough to defeat HIS YG so I think they are on par..

LHC existing swordmanship is already stronger than YG.

If LHC fully master DG9J and YJJ (both are 'Beyond Great' tier skills), he will definitely be stronger than DFBB.

IMO, LHC would become the strongest protagonist (if we assume DY/XZ would never overcome their 'weak combat ability')

Well there's no evidence that Yijin Jing > 9 Yin/Yang or DG9S > Heavy/Wooden Sword skill so if LHC mastered both Yijin Jing + DG9S he would on par with YG (with HIS)..

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post

If LHC fully master DG9J and YJJ (both are 'Beyond Great' tier skills), he will definitely be stronger than DFBB.

IMO, LHC would become the strongest protagonist (if we assume DY/XZ would never overcome their 'weak combat ability')
    Was it every said his swordsmanship was better? IIRC it was something like 'LHC's swordsmanship is more advanced given YG had no manual to follow' or something like that. Nevertheless, I've always believed LHC's 'skill tree' path (DG9) was probably some of DGQB's earlier martial arts theory and HIS->Wood->No Sword was his penultimate.

Max potential for protagonist is pretty cool to think about. Many protagonist end their story without mastering their arts.

You have DY without fully working 6MSJ + the ability to continue sucking energy.
    ZWJ I believed also found 9Yin at the end of his story for a potential 9Yin+9Yang combo!
    LHC had DG9J + YJJ + energy sucking.
    YG still had Wood Sword + No Sword to master..

Quote Originally Posted by CancerLuna View Post
    Was it every said his swordsmanship was better? IIRC it was something like 'LHC's swordsmanship is more advanced given YG had no manual to follow' or something like that. Nevertheless, I've always believed LHC's 'skill tree' path (DG9) was probably some of DGQB's earlier martial arts theory and HIS->Wood->No Sword was his penultimate.
    I've always liked thinking Dugu 9 Jian was the flexible sword he abandoned in a valley because he accidentally hurt someone. Looking at the way Linghu Chong fights, constantly attacking without defending and forcing the defender to retract or get hurt, it seems entirely possible. We know you can use anything as a sword already, so Dugu realized using a flexible sword he could attack at even MORE wacky angles forcing people to defend even more.

And when he abandoned it in a deep valley he left it behind as a manual or cave art with some lines just like the sword cave we find in ROCH which Feng Qingyang stumbles upon

Many people always argued He'll still have issues unless he can match DFBB's speed. During the fight, LHC can see DFBB'S weakness in his/her stance but too slow to react to DFBB's speed.

Does martial arts increase a person speed by a lot or its a natural born thing ?

Max potential for protagonist is pretty cool to think about. Many protagonist end their story without mastering their arts.

You have DY without fully working 6MSJ + the ability to continue sucking energy.
    ZWJ I believed also found 9Yin at the end of his story for a potential 9Yin+9Yang combo!

im always most fascinated by LHC His marital arts level are much lower than DY, ZWJ, YG, Xu zhu by the end of the novel. I always wondered how much the gap can be closed with a max LHC

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman83 View Post
    im always most fascinated by LHC His marital arts level are much lower than DY, ZWJ, YG, Xu zhu by the end of the novel. I always wondered how much the gap can be closed with a max LHC
    DG9S + Yijin Jing more than enough to fight to draw someone like XF GJ or YG (with HIS) IMHO..

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman83 View Post
    Many people always argued He'll still have issues unless he can match DFBB's speed. During the fight, LHC can see DFBB'S weakness in his/her stance but too slow to react to DFBB's speed.

Does martial arts increase a person speed by a lot or its a natural born thing ?
    Someone with massive internal can "running" fast with "high-speed" if they need (i.e XF GJ Jinlun Wuji etc)
    But people like QQR or YG or ZBT can rivalled them with superior lightness skill so there's 2 way for running "fast" : with massive internal or superior lightness skill..

I agree that DG9S is DGKB's earlier sword stage.
    Therefore, I think YG's HIS and Wooden Sword stage are at least one tier higher than DG9S.

Based on my analysis and opinion,
    even if LHC masters YJJ (equivalent to 9-Yang/YG's six-year ocean training) + DG9S,
    his level would still be below post-16 YG with the HIS.
    "Simplicity brings Superiority"

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    I agree that DG9S is DGKB's earlier sword stage.
    Therefore, I think YG's HIS and Wooden Sword stage are at least one tier higher than DG9S.
    JY explicitly stated in his 100 questions that LHC's swordsmanship is better than YG's, in part because YG did not have a manual to learn from.

I think DG9J is more of a comprehensive sword philosophy than a simple list of stances. Neither FQY or LHC had mastered DG9J by the end of the novel. FQY didn't even understand the final, qi-breaking stance at all. I don't believe that DGQB would have completely ditched the philosophies of DG9J by the time he transitioned to the HIS or wooden/no sword stages.

As for LHC's potential. I believe DG9J is probably the highest tier of swordsmanship technique we've seen in JY's novels, maybe only rivaled by 6MSJ. Though I think of 6MSJ as more of a kind of qi-sword that acts as hardware, where DG9J is more of the technique/software, which would technically make the two compatible.

YJJ is at least on the level of QZ internal/9Yin/9Yang. Some narratives may place it above them, but I don't think there's evidence enough in the books to rank it higher. So upper bound is great level internal and superior technique, which makes him more than a match for XF/GJ/YG/ZWJ tier of fighter.

Well Fangzheng with years of practicing Yijin Jing and some of 72 Shaolin Divine Arts only on par with RWX which around LOCH Greats level so logically LHC should be not better than GJ/YG (ROCH Greats)..

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    JY explicitly stated in his 100 questions that LHC's swordsmanship is better than YG's, in part because YG did not have a manual to learn from.

I think DG9J is more of a comprehensive sword philosophy than a simple list of stances. Neither FQY or LHC had mastered DG9J by the end of the novel. FQY didn't even understand the final, qi-breaking stance at all. I don't believe that DGQB would have completely ditched the philosophies of DG9J by the time he transitioned to the HIS or wooden/no sword stages.

As for LHC's potential. I believe DG9J is probably the highest tier of swordsmanship technique we've seen in JY's novels, maybe only rivaled by 6MSJ. Though I think of 6MSJ as more of a kind of qi-sword that acts as hardware, where DG9J is more of the technique/software, which would technically make the two compatible.

YJJ is at least on the level of QZ internal/9Yin/9Yang. Some narratives may place it above them, but I don't think there's evidence enough in the books to rank it higher. So upper bound is great level internal and superior technique, which makes him more than a match for XF/GJ/YG/ZWJ tier of fighter.
    ChanceEncounter:

What is your analysis of end of story LHC vs post-16 YG with Sad Palms/HIS?
    Level-wise and what would happen if they have a serious duel.

ChanceEncounter:

What is your analysis of end of story LHC vs post-16 YG with Sad Palms/HIS?
    Level-wise and what would happen if they have a serious duel.
    Hard to say since we never know how actually palm/qi breaking stance "on screen"..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Well Fangzheng with years of practicing Yijin Jing and some of 72 Shaolin Divine Arts only on par with RWX which around LOCH Greats level so logically LHC should be not better than GJ/YG (ROCH Greats)..
    I agree.
    Based on my analysis and opinion, even if LHC mastered both YJJ and DG9S, his level will max out ~75.
    Still below Guo Jing and Yang Guo.

I agree.
    Based on my analysis and opinion, even if LHC mastered both YJJ and DG9S, his level will max out ~75.
    Still below Guo Jing and Yang Guo.
    I would say they are on the same level..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    I would say they are on the same level..
    Remember, post-16 YG has the Heavy Iron Sword factor (power boost) at his disposal if fighting against max potential LHC.

Anyways, your analysis is fair enough and that what would happen after the story ends is pure speculation

Remember, post-16 YG has the Heavy Iron Sword factor (power boost) at his disposal if fighting against max potential LHC.

Anyways, your analysis is fair enough and that what would happen after the story ends is pure speculation
    Also remember Yijin Jing is not joke at all at least on par with 9 Yin/9 Yang..

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post

I was reading the above post by WuxiaMaster and thinking if he put max potential LHC on the highest protagonist pedestal, why don't put post-16 Yang Guo with HIS on the same pedestal?