Thread: Why Zhou Zhiruo want to kill Xie Xun?

Default Why Zhou Zhiruo want to kill Xie Xun?

the original question was asked by @wkeej, but because i didnt know the answer and i am curious myself, so i am asking here .

in the lion-slaying ceremony at shaolin temple, Zhou Zhiruo tried to kill Xie Xun, to shut his mouth , but how can Zhou Zhiruo knew that Xie Xun already knew the secret?

and the story about Xie Xun heard emei's ring dropped twice, was it appear on 1st edition novel or just from the 2000 hsds adaptation?

Sigh. Email was bounced back. "Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address"

Hi Green Destiny

You may not believe it. Thirteen years have passed since we last communicate. How have you been?

I am still quite active in spcnet. As you may be aware, there will be a new HSDS soon. So, there is quite a lot of discussion about it. There is a new forumer (I called the person a_t for short) who is quite knowledgeable about HSDS. Really good to have a_t around who is able to answer 99% of my questions.

But there is a question which both a_t and I are struck and seek your inputs: Why Zhou Zhiruo want to kill Xie Xun?

Hope to hear from you. I also wonder whether you do visit spcnet now.

With best wishes.

wkeej

Reading EdenResident's comments again http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...0#.W_LJ9-gzZPY, "In both theories, it's obvious that eventually XX figured out ZZR's deeds and ZZR also figured out that XX knew."

I think it is not difficult for XX to deduce ZM is unlikely to be the "bad" one. I can think of two incidents:
    1. ZM willing to sacrifice herself to "save" zwj
    2. ZZR simply "killed" the Mongolian sailors when ordered by XX.
    In other words, ZM has a "better" heart than ZZR.

Too bad EdenResident did not explain "ZZR also figured out that XX knew.".

Calling EdenResident ....

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    the original question was asked by @wkeej, but because i didnt know the answer and i am curious myself, so i am asking here .

in the lion-slaying ceremony at shaolin temple, Zhou Zhiruo tried to kill Xie Xun, to shut his mouth , but how can Zhou Zhiruo knew that Xie Xun already knew the secret?

and the story about Xie Xun heard emei's ring dropped twice, was it appear on 1st edition novel or just from the 2000 hsds adaptation?
    in these few days, i tried to check myself out of curiousity, because no one answer.
    i checked the first edition novel , even though i didnt check one by one page, i search using some keywords and checking some important events, but couldnt find the story about emei's ring dropped , so my conclusion i think that only appear in hdsds adaptation only
    and then about how zhou zhiruo knew xie xun have already known the secret, no answer about that , lets just say zhou zhiruo perhaps got a paranoid, its like a prisoner when escape from jail, when they walk on street and someone look at him, he feel that everyone know him.

Another possible explanation is that ZZR knew that ZM is now alive (at the wedding ceremony). She is definitely afraid that ZM tell XX and ZWJ the truth. Since ZM is always with ZWJ, there is a difficulty in killing her. So why not kill XX to prevent one more person from knowing the final truth. Does this make any sense?

It was simply guilt. ZZR had been a goody-two shoes all her life so she felt ashamed and guilty. She was afraid that people would know.

But Xie Xun already knew/deduced it was ZZR who did the killings and yet was willing to let ZWJ marry ZZR. Marrying ZZR would result in a smoother future for ZWJ because ZM was a Mongol/the enemy. XX was aware of this and he let it slide.