Thread: Which TV series bullcrap was this wiki Yang Guo page from?

Default Which TV series bullcrap was this wiki Yang Guo page from?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yang_Guo

The last bit of this page cut and paste here:

Melancholic Palms[edit]
    Yang Guo's agony and misery from being separated from Xiaolongnü spurs him to create a new set of palm techniques, known as the 'Melancholic Palms' (黯然銷魂掌), which incorporates elements of all the martial arts he learnt in his whole life. The movements are based on Yang Guo's emotions, as the more dejected he feels, the greater the power of the skill. The Level/power of this skill at the saddest point/peak is considered to be the greatest set of palm skills in Jin Yong's novels because of its uniqueness to get stronger the more sad you are.
    Yang Guo spars with Huang Yaoshi and Zhou Botong with his new skill and they are impressed. Huang Yaoshi remarked that Yang Guo's new palm techniques can easily rival Guo Jing's 'Eighteen Dragon Subduing Palms' stating that if Yang was at his saddest state, Guo Jing would not stand a chance. Zhou Botong even goes down on his knees to beg Yang Guo to teach him the 'Melancholic Palms'. This skill could not be matched at full potential by any Martial Artist in the history of Wulin besides Xiao Feng's Original "18 Dragon Subduing Palm" with his impeccable Will and Grit and the sweeper monk. After the heroes paid respects to the fallen on the mountain, A monk they had ran into said Yang Guo's prowess and abilities were unlike any he had seen including and were exceeding the levels of Guo Jing and mentioned how much of Yang Guo reminds him of Xiao Feng(Qiao Feng) back in the beggar sect days because of the same killer instincts the monk sensed in Yang. He even mentioned how he would hold his own with the Sweeper Monk if Yang Guo was at his saddest state. The monk had also mentioned no one has come close to the level of Yang Guo's inner power in his days at the temple including all the martial artist he had encountered besides Xiao Feng
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

By a Yang Guo fan 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    By a Yang Guo fan 🤣
    By a deluded Yang Guo fan

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yang_Guo

The last bit of this page cut and paste here:

Melancholic Palms[edit]
    Yang Guo's agony and misery from being separated from Xiaolongnü spurs him to create a new set of palm techniques, known as the 'Melancholic Palms' (黯然銷魂掌), which incorporates elements of all the martial arts he learnt in his whole life. The movements are based on Yang Guo's emotions, as the more dejected he feels, the greater the power of the skill. The Level/power of this skill at the saddest point/peak is considered to be the greatest set of palm skills in Jin Yong's novels because of its uniqueness to get stronger the more sad you are.
    Yang Guo spars with Huang Yaoshi and Zhou Botong with his new skill and they are impressed. Huang Yaoshi remarked that Yang Guo's new palm techniques can easily rival Guo Jing's 'Eighteen Dragon Subduing Palms' stating that if Yang was at his saddest state, Guo Jing would not stand a chance. Zhou Botong even goes down on his knees to beg Yang Guo to teach him the 'Melancholic Palms'. This skill could not be matched at full potential by any Martial Artist in the history of Wulin besides Xiao Feng's Original "18 Dragon Subduing Palm" with his impeccable Will and Grit and the sweeper monk. After the heroes paid respects to the fallen on the mountain, A monk they had ran into said Yang Guo's prowess and abilities were unlike any he had seen including and were exceeding the levels of Guo Jing and mentioned how much of Yang Guo reminds him of Xiao Feng(Qiao Feng) back in the beggar sect days because of the same killer instincts the monk sensed in Yang. He even mentioned how he would hold his own with the Sweeper Monk if Yang Guo was at his saddest state. The monk had also mentioned no one has come close to the level of Yang Guo's inner power in his days at the temple including all the martial artist he had encountered besides Xiao Feng
    Did you edit and fix it yet? If not, I will.

Done. This is an object lesson on why Yeung Gor and his fans get no respect. A more obnoxious character and fanbase you will never find in all of fiction.

Thanks to CC for bringing that travesty to my attention; the disturbance has been redressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Done. This is an object lesson on why Yeung Gor and his fans get no respect. A more obnoxious character and fanbase you will never find in all of fiction.
    Not all fans since I never think My Guo'er clearly stronger than say GJ or DFBB🙄🙄🙄🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Thanks to CC for bringing that travesty to my attention; the disturbance has been redressed.
    I was too lazy to do it so I posted it here and.... Everything has proceeded according to what I had forseen...... *evil Palpatine laughter in the background*

I do however, find your lack of thoroughness disturbing....

From rebellious youth to legendary hero[edit]
    Throughout the novel, Yang Guo encounters several elite martial artists, including Huang Yaoshi, Ouyang Feng and Hong Qigong, who teach him some of their skills. He employs the skills he mastered to his advantage and uses them for greater purposes as he gradually matures. He creates a new palm technique called 'Melancholic Palms', a flawless skill incorporating elements of all the skills he learnt earlier.

Throughout the novel, Yang Guo encounters several elite martial artists, including Huang Yaoshi, Ouyang Feng and Hong Qigong, who teach him some of their skills. He employs the skills he mastered to his advantage and uses them for greater purposes as he gradually matures. He creates a new palm technique called 'Melancholic Palms', a flawless skill incorporating elements of all the skills he learnt earlier.
    From his fought against ZBT HYS and JLFW Sad Palm was indeed "flawless" at least in terms of "technique" since no one from Greats could overcome his bizzare and weirdness moves..

Taken care of.

You find 'em; I'll eliminate 'em.

Aren't you guys taking it a bit too extreme?

I believe a LOT of skills are described as flawless by Jinyong.

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    Aren't you guys taking it a bit too extreme?
    No measures are too extreme against the Yeung Gor infidels.

A monk they had ran into said Yang Guo's prowess and abilities were unlike any he had seen including and were exceeding the levels of Guo Jing and mentioned how much of Yang Guo reminds him of Xiao Feng(Qiao Feng) back in the beggar sect days because of the same killer instincts the monk sensed in Yang. He even mentioned how he would hold his own with the Sweeper Monk if Yang Guo was at his saddest state. The monk had also mentioned no one has come close to the level of Yang Guo's inner power in his days at the temple including all the martial artist he had encountered besides Xiao Feng
    This is the best part.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

This person still think highly of Xiao Feng.
    It wasn't me OK
    I'm a dedicated Yang Guo fan but not delusional.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://www.denofgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/shameless-season-10.png?fit=1370%2C764')

I am still curious where the original wiki editor got his fix from.

Was it some comic/movie/tv series or he just made it up?

Or was it Ken Cheng the closet YG fan who really wrote that?