Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 141 to 153 of 153

Thread: Random Thoughts III

  1. #141
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    86

    Default

    New year, new variant...

  2. #142
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,906

    Default

    Sometimes, the best or even only way to deal with something you can't stand is not to actively resist it, but let it tear itself apart by overreaching.

  3. #143
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    6,270

    Default

    Just saw the new trailers for "LOCH 21" films (x2). Looks weird. Have no idea how they are going to fit a novel with such a complex relationships and developments into a film. Wish they would leave the classics alone if they can't do a good job. I watched the new version of "Chinese Ghost Story" and feel I wasted money and 1.5 hrs of my life to watch it.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  4. #144
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Just saw the new trailers for "LOCH 21" films (x2). Looks weird. Have no idea how they are going to fit a novel with such a complex relationships and developments into a film. Wish they would leave the classics alone if they can't do a good job. I watched the new version of "Chinese Ghost Story" and feel I wasted money and 1.5 hrs of my life to watch it.
    I think you'd need nine four-hour movies to do LOCH justice.

  5. #145
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    6,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I think you'd need nine four-hour movies to do LOCH justice.
    And they messed up my OYF! OYF does not look like Jack Sparrow!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  6. #146
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    And they messed up my OYF! OYF does not look like Jack Sparrow!
    Our generation's image of him is Yeung Chak Lam's interpretation from 1983, but only Jin Yong knew what the character actually looked like.

  7. #147
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,906

    Default

    These creatures thrive on attention. Deny it to them, and they will die out as surely as if you deny a fire oxygen.

  8. #148

  9. #149
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,906

    Default

    The rules just never apply for that guy. There's always one set of rules for him, and another set for everybody else.

  10. #150
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    22

    Default

    The only time you clean your skeleton is when you brush your teeth.

  11. #151
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,906

    Default

    Around midnight last night in my neighborhood, a man in one of the neighboring homes suddenly screamed, "OYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!" It was a terrifying, bloodcurdling scream...like the guy just got one of his limbs hacked off by an axe or something. It even got the neighborhood dogs barking.

    But..."OYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?"

    Who screams in pain like THAT? "Oy" is what I say (not scream) when I see somebody do something silly. If I'm in excruciating pain, I doubt I'd scream, "OYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!"

  12. #152
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    6,270

    Default

    Hey! Did the spcnet forums just crash for half an hour?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  13. #153
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    6,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Around midnight last night in my neighborhood, a man in one of the neighboring homes suddenly screamed, "OYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!" It was a terrifying, bloodcurdling scream...like the guy just got one of his limbs hacked off by an axe or something. It even got the neighborhood dogs barking.

    But..."OYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?"

    Who screams in pain like THAT? "Oy" is what I say (not scream) when I see somebody do something silly. If I'm in excruciating pain, I doubt I'd scream, "OYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!"
    did you find out what happened?

    I heard a bloodcurdling scream once when I was 9 in Melbourne. My neighbour somehow left his car in his driveway without the handbrake and it started to roll towards his house. He then apparently tried to reach in through the half-open window to get to the handbrake then got his arm between the car and the side of the house.

    Then he started screaming for his wife to wake up but she slept through it as she had taken sleeping pills. Then he screamed for my parents who ran out and dad broke the window in which his arm was trapped, and mum opened the back door, climbed in and put the car in reverse. We called for the ambulance and his arm was swollen fractured for months.

    I still see him every now and then even though we have moved. But I still remember that horrible screaming.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Similar Threads

  1. Random Thoughts of Wuxia
    By PJ in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 389
    Last Post: 06-16-21, 05:48 PM
  2. Forensic Heroes III 《法證先鋒III》
    By Boshox in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-14-12, 06:02 PM
  3. Random Thoughts
    By kay &!* in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5269
    Last Post: 11-25-10, 02:07 AM
  4. Burning Flame III 《烈火雄心III》
    By triumph2004 in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 05-01-10, 03:21 AM
  5. Healing Hands I-III 《妙手仁心I-III》
    By rachellam in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 437
    Last Post: 05-22-08, 01:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •