Thread: Hollywood lost its relevance in 2020

Banned

Default Hollywood lost its relevance in 2020

I used to be addicted to Hollywood movies. Would watch even B-rated Hollywood movies, even those with anti-Asian propaganda, which I simply mentally ignored. This was a time when Chinese movies shown in the West were scarce and few in between.

BUT in the present, I hardly pay attention to Hollywood movies. The one I really wanted to watch was The Hobbit which was my favorite story in middle school, but they had to mess them up and became a subpar trilogy compared to LotR.

Nowadays, I don't watch Hollywood movie. Ask me about any live action movies Disney recently made, and I haven't got a clue. Mulan? I don't care, it looks like a subpar Hollywood product compared to free to watch TV shows like Joy of Life.

What's partly to blame is the years of anti-Asian propaganda put out by Hollywood has taken its toll. There was even a time when I was excited to learn of a new Batman movie. Now, I simply don't care about Hollywood anymore. Sorry Hollywood, you are no longer needed. Maybe in decade or two China can become the worlds entertainer instead of Hollywood...

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    I used to be addicted to Hollywood movies. Would watch even B-rated Hollywood movies, even those with anti-Asian propaganda, which I simply mentally ignored. This was a time when Chinese movies shown in the West were scarce and few in between.

BUT in the present, I hardly pay attention to Hollywood movies. The one I really wanted to watch was The Hobbit which was my favorite story in middle school, but they had to mess them up and became a subpar trilogy compared to LotR.

Nowadays, I don't watch Hollywood movie. Ask me about any live action movies Disney recently made, and I haven't got a clue. Mulan? I don't care, it looks like a subpar Hollywood product compared to free to watch TV shows like Joy of Life.

What's partly to blame is the years of anti-Asian propaganda put out by Hollywood has taken its toll. There was even a time when I was excited to learn of a new Batman movie. Now, I simply don't care about Hollywood anymore. Sorry Hollywood, you are no longer needed. Maybe in decade or two China can become the worlds entertainer instead of Hollywood...
    I think other countries are getting richer and more are investing in the film industry so there is more competition. Some good stuff still comes out of Hollywood but I do find that most of it are very cliche and repetitive. Sometimes I find more enjoyment and depth watching foreign movies in languages that I do not understand.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Netflix, HBO series and others are now better than Hollywood movies.

I agree with this.

Hollywood is not as exciting as before.