Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Wang Yuyan should have ended up with Duan Yu?

Default Do you think Wang Yuyan should have ended up with Duan Yu?

In JY's 3rd edition change of DGSD, Wang Yuyan no longer ends up with Duan Yu. She stays devoted to her cousin, Murong Fu.

Do you think that this was a good change?

I feel kind of pissed that after everything he's done, Duan Yu still couldn't end up with Wang Yuyan!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    In JY's 3rd edition change of DGSD, Wang Yuyan no longer ends up with Duan Yu. She stays devoted to her cousin, Murong Fu.

I feel kind of pissed that after everything he's done, Duan Yu still couldn't end up with Wang Yuyan!
    As much as I would like that, I feel satisfied with DY ending up with Mu Wanqing and Chong Ling.

Plus DY really fell in love with the statue.

I think Duan Yu is quite a likable character, he deserved WYY

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    I think Duan Yu is quite a likable character, he deserved WYY
    I thought he was likeable except when he was hankering after WYY, actually. And WYY seemed too self-absorbed in her pursuit of Murong Fu. I think SHE didn't deserve DY!
    ZOMG I'm back! Did ya miss me? (yeah, probably didn't...)

I heard there was a secret chord
    That David played, and it pleased the Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    As much as I would like that, I feel satisfied with DY ending up with Mu Wanqing and Chong Ling.

Perfect JY couple.
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情

he should grab all the chicks like his dad. that's the best ending... the character is very likeable IMO. WYY is a bit of an idiot but that's your typical girl falling for the jackass, can't really blame her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post

I agree with Felix, I actually like that Duan Yu end up with Mu WanQing. Theres absolutely no chemistry between him and WYY. Just because he fawned over WYY for a long time, doesn't mean he and WYY should end up together. Just like LHC doesn't end up with his first love, Yue LingShan.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

i prefer WYY staying with murong fu and DY ending up with her sisters. he also gets some pretty maids to be his concubines from the xixia princess. i hear, near the end, DY breaks the statue and frees himself from his obsession. i like that part. besides, MRF is quite pitiful, let him win something.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    i prefer WYY staying with murong fu and DY ending up with her sisters. he also gets some pretty maids to be his concubines from the xixia princess. i hear, near the end, DY breaks the statue and frees himself from his obsession. i like that part. besides, MRF is quite pitiful, let him win something.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Despite Duan Zheng something being his stepfather. I think he resembles him the most in terms with his woman relations. DY as a prince should act like a prince and not go running off like a love sick fan boy after a woman who ignores him. If I was Wang Yuyan I would have poisoned him to death in the most painful way.

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    Actually, the one who broke the statue was WYY. Out of jealousy. -.-
    ... because she felt that she was already getting old while the stature was "immortal".

Mu WanQing FTW!
    欲取鸣琴弹,恨无知音赏。~孟浩然

In terms of choice, I prefer DY to end up with
    (1) Mu Wanqing
    (2) Ah Zhu
    (3) Xixia princess
    (4) Zhong Ling

No because stalkers should not end up with those that they stalked. DY would be a likeable character if he wasn't always obsessed with WYY to the point that readers like me hated him.

3rd edition ending for him is perfect, but he's still a very unlikeable character if all he does is stalk WYY in the 3rd edition again. WYY shouldn't end up with MRF either. Would've been better if she died or became a nun.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44 View Post
    No because stalkers should not end up with those that they stalked. DY would be a likeable character if he wasn't always obsessed with WYY to the point that readers like me hated him.

3rd edition ending for him is perfect, but he's still a very unlikeable character if all he does is stalk WYY in the 3rd edition again. WYY shouldn't end up with MRF either. Would've been better if she died or became a nun.
    Why does she have to become a nun or be dead just because she can't be with any of those two guys? That's so sad.

It'd much better if she actually married another guy and live happily ever after.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Why does she have to become a nun or be dead just because she can't be with any of those two guys? That's so sad.

It'd much better if she actually married another guy and live happily ever after.
    Because it makes the story better if she ended up dead and not have to deal with a crazy MYF or an obsessed DY. Stories shouldn't always have happy endings for characters to make the story good. It would make more sense if WYY died in the story than to end up with any guy. However, if DY wasn't so damn obsessed with WYY, then they should end up together. But, JY made DY such a despicable character from all his stalking tendencies of WYY that them ending up together would suck.

Why couldn't JY make XNL not get raped? I mean that would be happier, but then it would also make ROCH a lot more crappy if that part didn't happened.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

For me I would much rather that WYY ended up with DY. It wasn't his ending up with her that annoyed me, it was the stalking, and it still happens. By the time she accepts him DY has actually become more likeable, and to be fair to him, I don't recall WYY actually telling him to go away herself.

My biggest beef with the 3rd edition change is not so much about not ending up with DY, but MRF's character as a whole. If DY doesn't deserve WYY, MRF deserves her even less. Without making some changes to the story to make MRF slightly more sympathetic it's quite hard to swallow. I can accept everything he did prior to MRB's enlightenment, but everything he did after that, after his father had set him free, was rather despicable. He did murder DZC's 3 lovers, and remorselessly caused his own aunt, Madam Wang to commit suicide as a direct result. I cannot imagine WYY accepting him after that. In that same scene he also murders Bao Butong for criticising his actions, causing Deng Baichuan, Gongye Gan and Feng Boer to leave the Murong family's service. Perhaps if that scene could be somehow changed to make the deaths of the women more accidental rather than deliberate on his part it wouldn't be so bad. Then perhaps after that he returns to Shaolin to his father, and like Xiao Feng before him, speaks to his dad through the window, weeping and confessing that he just did something horrible he'd regret for life. MRB will then tell him to let it all go, and try to live for himself and seek personal happiness, and MRF cries and says that he has known nothing else other than the restoration of the Yan all his life, and has nobody to turn to anymore, no anchor to rebuild his life around.. and then WYY comes back at the exact moment and she supports him into the sunset and a new future. I could accept that. However, the way things are in the 2nd edition, MRF just doesn't deserve such an ending. He is sympathetic to a certain extent, but he doesn't know it, doesn't admit it, and doesn't need the sympathy.
    Last edited by Ian Liew; 08-09-12 at 01:33 PM.

Duan Yu and Hui Juk both have lovers/wives. What about Kiu Fung? Why not having WYY falling in love with Kiu Fung after he rescue her from danger? Kiu Fung deserves some love too just like Duan Yu and Hui Juk.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Duan Yu and Hui Juk both have lovers/wives. What about Kiu Fung? Why not having WYY falling in love with Kiu Fung after he rescue her from danger? Kiu Fung deserves some love too just like Duan Yu and Hui Juk.
    You mean transform her into another Ah Zi? No way!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    You mean transform her into another Ah Zi? No way!
    No, not like that. I want Kiu Fung starts to have feeling for her too since the rescue incident. Why not both Kiu Fung and WYY falling off the cliff during the rescuing process. They both stuck in the cave for awhile with no hope of finding a way out at the same time there are food and water there. As time go by, they both falling in love with each other and become husband and wife. One day, they found a secret path and coming back to wulin. Kiu Fung deserves love too, not just Duan Yu and Hui Juk. Again, I have nothing against Duan Yu and Hui Juk.

No, not like that. I want Kiu Fung starts to have feeling for her too since the rescue incident. Why not both Kiu Fung and WYY falling off the cliff during the rescuing process. They both stuck in the cave for awhile with no hope of finding a way out at the same time there are food and water there. As time go by, they both falling in love with each other and become husband and wife. One day, they found a secret path and coming back to wulin. Kiu Fung deserves love too, not just Duan Yu and Hui Juk. Again, I have nothing against Duan Yu and Hui Juk.
    Fair story line. But Kiu Fung cannot die.

Alternatively, why not make WYY to be "Mu Wanqing"'s role? She met DY face-to-face. DY fell in love at first sight. But WYY is in a dilemma as she "has her cousin". After all the bad things done by MRF, WYY chose DY.

For some reason I find the thought of Xiao Feng falling in love again, even if it's with WYY who is infinitely preferable to Ah Zi, quite unattractive. Part of the draw of the character is his tragic and devoted love for Ah Zhu, who is arguably one of the most liked characters in DGSD. No matter how good WYY could be, Xiao Feng's character would diminish a lot in my view if he found it in him to fall in love again after what he went through with Ah Zhu.