Thread: The Southern Hero Trien Chieu and Ling Wu Chung

Smile The Southern Hero Trien Chieu and Ling Wu Chung

Hi Trien Chieu, I thought your name seemed the same as one famous WuXia Martial Hero character the Southern Hero Zhan Zhao. So I looked up your name and it show Zhan Zhao the Southern Hero and so I don't know if your name is Trien Chieu or you're just liking this WuXia famous character the Southern Hero Zhan Zhao?

I was just wondering ever since someone have posted something nice about the Southern Hero Zhan Zhao in my WuXia Mist forum page at.....wuxiamist dot boards dot net.....

What do you guys think of Zhan Zhao vs Ling Wu Chung in a friendly sword battle?
    Without Ling Wu Chung super high inner energy of course like..... When Ling Hu Chung were having that friendly sword battle with Tian Wan Li Du Xing the person that later became a monk student of that other Monk.....

Do you guys think Ling Wu Chung will be better than Trien Chieu or will it be Zhan Zhao better than Ling Wu Chung?

Quote Originally Posted by GazingStar5 View Post
    Hi Trien Chieu, I thought your name seemed the same a td gb s one famous WuXia Martial Hero character the Southern Hero Zhan Zhao. So I looked up your name and it show Zhan Zhao the Southern Hero and so I don't know if your name is Trien Chieu or you're just liking this WuXia famous character the Southern Hero Zhan Zhao?

I was just wondering ever since someone have posted something nice about the Southern Hero Zhan Zhao in my WuXia Mist forum page at.....wuxiamist dot boards dot net.....

What do you guys think of Zhan Zhao vs Ling Wu Chung in a friendly sword battle?
    Without Ling Wu Chung super high inner energy of course like..... When Ling Hu Chung were having that friendly sword battle with Tian Wan Li Du Xing the person that later became a monk student of that other Monk.....

Do you guys think Ling Wu Chung will be better than Trien Chieu or will it be Zhan Zhao better than Ling Wu Chung?
    Trien Chieu is the Vietnamese translation of Zhan Zhao. I highly doubt, anybody would have the name Trien Chieu. Trien is a very uncommon surname to have and chieu is a funny first name.

I think dugu 9 swords could easily counter and break Zhan Zhao.
    Last edited by Stance; 04-26-20 at 04:01 AM.

Smile

Well long ago when I was having a discussion with my friend regarding the great Southern Hero Zhan Zhao, I wanted to know what Zhan Zhao name in other languages would be like since.....

In English, Zhan Zhao name will still somewhat be..... Zhan Zhao.....
    However then my friend tell me that well in this one particular language, Zhan Zhao name is Trien Chieu howver he did not write down the name for me and so I can only guess he might be saying something else like Chien Chieu Or Chien Trieu or Zhien Chieu and ect ect.....

As some people might say Chung and some people might say Zhong but they both mean the same thing and somewhat sound the same..... Some might even say Trung as my friend have once told me.....

Speaking of my friend..... Hi WK my friend have not return from traveling yet but I think what my friend told me about Wei Xiao Bao being very strong at the end of the story in one of the version my friend know of could still be true. However I don't think it is the Wei Xiao Bao from the movie that you told me I think play by Stephen Chow?

Just wondering what is the origin of the Southern Hero Zhan Zhao martial art school like? There are too many episodes in Bao Jing Tian drama TV series and I haven't watch them all yet.....

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    I think dugu 9 swords could easily counter and break Zhan Zhao.
    I remember watching one episode of Justice Bao and someone commented Zhan Zhao could take on half of the experts in Jianghu. In an encounter with LWC I can see LWC losing the first couple fights due to ZZ superior experience and comparable skill.

Interesting. Do not know that Trien Chieu = Zhan Zhao. Always thought the former is just a Vietnamese name but I do not know what it stand for.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Interesting. Do not know that Trien Chieu = Zhan Zhao. Always thought the former is just a Vietnamese name but I do not know what it stand for.
    Yep, the first 4 words is southern hero zhan zhao.

https://youtu.be/Vs6bno4Azso

Zhan Zhao and Ling Wu Chung were born in different eras, more than 500 years apart. Zhan Zhao was born during early Northern Song Dynasty whereas Ling Wu Chung was born during late Ming Dynasty. As great as Zhan Zhao is, he does not know anything about Dugu9sword, 9Yin, 9Yang, etc as those martial arts were not exist during his era. Therefore, despite Zhan Zhao is among the very best during his era, he is inferior to martial artists who learned Dugu9sword, 9Yin, 9Yang, KHBD/Bixie/etc. Therefore, Zhan Zhao's peak is inferior to LHC's peak.

Smile

Is this Du Gu Jiu Sword Art part of Hua Mountain Pai?

Imagine if Southern Hero Trien Chieu say to Ling Wu Chung.....

I long known of your Hua Mountain Pai Sword Art and would like to have a little sword art battle learning knowledge with you.....

As you know Ling Wu Chung is very Zhong to his Hua Mountain Sword Pai.....

Surely Hua Mountain Sword Art must have something great too?

Is this Du Gu Jiu Sword Art part of Hua Mountain Pai?

Imagine if Southern Hero Trien Chieu say to Ling Wu Chung.....

I long known of your Hua Mountain Pai Sword Art and would like to have a little sword art battle learning knowledge with you.....

As you know Ling Wu Chung is very Zhong to his Hua Mountain Sword Pai.....

Surely Hua Mountain Sword Art must have something great too?
    Dugu9sword is not part of Huashan martial art. Yuan Chengzhi is a student of Huashan and he does not know anything about Dugu9sword. Based on Huashan martial art alone, Ling Wu Chung is no match for Zhan Zhao. Zhan Zhao is considered among the very best of his era. On the other hand, Huashan martial art alone is not even close to the top martial art of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Zhan Zhao and Ling Wu Chung were born in different eras, more than 500 years apart. Zhan Zhao was born during early Northern Song Dynasty whereas Ling Wu Chung was born during late Ming Dynasty. As great as Zhan Zhao is, he does not know anything about Dugu9sword, 9Yin, 9Yang, etc as those martial arts were not exist during his era. Therefore, despite Zhan Zhao is among the very best during his era, he is inferior to martial artists who learned Dugu9sword, 9Yin, 9Yang, KHBD/Bixie/etc. Therefore, Zhan Zhao's peak is inferior to LHC's peak.
    You know, the 10th to 11th century was the time where people like MRB's ancestors were still famous and presumably mighty, the Xiaoyao founder was around, maybe the Dali royal family was actively using 6MSJ and one of the guys Zhan Zhao fought with was Bai Yutang who could sneak around unhindered thru the imperial palace which are feats we see people of H7Gs caliber execute. No indication that era was weaker than late Song to Ming. If Zhan Zhao was a wulin dominating fighter then, he likely could hold his own or even beat LHC if you do a cross-over match.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Zhan Zhao did not fight any opponent with martial arts like 18 dragon palm, 6MSJ, or martial arts from MRB's ancestors or martial arts from Dali royal, etc. As great as Zhan Zhao was, he seem to live in different universe than fighters from DGSD era.

Smile

Just wondering, can Trien Chieu also learn the Du Gu Jian Fa?

If so, then Ling Wu Chung vs Trien Chieu, both using Du Gu Jian Fa, which person do you guys think would be the better sword art master? Or which person would be better at performing the Du Gu Jian Fa?

Do you guys think Jin Oh Dao Fa taught to Shi Po Tian by Shi Xiao Cui wife of Bai Zi Zai would also be somewhat able to go up against Du Gu Jian Fa?

I'll probably have to watch Ode to Gallantry again but I think it was said that Jin Oh Dao Fa is really strong and especially since Shi Po Tian seems to be a natural when it comes to martial art learning.....

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    You know, the 10th to 11th century was the time where people like MRB's ancestors were still famous and presumably mighty, the Xiaoyao founder was around, maybe the Dali royal family was actively using 6MSJ...
    I am getting a mental pic of dinosaurs roaming around with these guys
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I am getting a mental pic of dinosaurs roaming around with these guys
    Pretty sure the Dragon Palm creator was famished and about to bite into the half eaten mantou he found on the floor when a sneakyTriceratops tried to steal his bun and he smacked it in his rage, creating the Dragon Palm.

Y'all thought 飞龙在天 was about the Palm Wielder flying in the air shooting the Dragon Palm? NOOOOO... that was the Triceratops flying thru the sky after he got smacked! 双龙出海??? Those two T-Rexes never saw land again!
    Last edited by CC; 12-18-20 at 03:42 AM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Just wondering, can Trien Chieu also learn the Du Gu Jian Fa?

If so, then Ling Wu Chung vs Trien Chieu, both using Du Gu Jian Fa, which person do you guys think would be the better sword art master? Or which person would be better at performing the Du Gu Jian Fa?
    If both have the opportunity to learn Dugu9sword, Trien Chieu would kick Ling Wu Chung *** for sure. Trien Chieu was among the very best in his era already whereas Ling Wu Chung was just a mid level fighter.