Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Would you want ZWJ to die?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,405

    Default Would you want ZWJ to die?

    While reading the recent posts, it seems that there are posters who want ZWJ to die instead of retirement with ZM.
    Why is it so? Are you one of them too?

    I admit that ZWJ is not my favorite hero. But I have never wished him to die. My wishes are that he re-marry ZZR and rescue XZ back to China.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,405

    Default

    * should be "marry".

  3. #3
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,226

    Default

    He's a nice guy who did a world of good for literally thousands of people, saving countless lives, but not having a big ego or becoming arrogant about it. Not sure what's so death-deserving about that.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    While reading the recent posts, it seems that there are posters who want ZWJ to die instead of retirement with ZM.
    Why is it so? Are you one of them too?

    I admit that ZWJ is not my favorite hero. But I have never wished him to die. My wishes are that he re-marry ZZR and rescue XZ back to China.
    Same here. ZWJ is also not my favorite hero but he is a very nice guy. Yeah, I also wish him to choose ZZR and XZ because they both truly love him and they both can live an average life with him. On the other hand, we know won't be with him for long. She will leave him for Zhu Shuang. It makes perfect sense that ZM will leave him for Zhu Shuang because ZM had lived a life full of luxuries so it is hard for her to live an average life with ZWJ.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Same here. ZWJ is also not my favorite hero but he is a very nice guy. Yeah, I also wish him to choose ZZR and XZ because they both truly love him and they both can live an average life with him. On the other hand, we know won't be with him for long. She will leave him for Zhu Shuang. It makes perfect sense that ZM will leave him for Zhu Shuang because ZM had lived a life full of luxuries so it is hard for her to live an average life with ZWJ.
    Wished he married ZZR?, the psycho power hungry woman who drugged him and his foster father then murdered his cousin. What has ZMJ ever done to you. Do you even have the faintest inkling of ZM's character? It makes absolutely no sense that she would leave ZWJ for luxuries. She abandoned her loving family, betrayed her people, risked her life just to be with him. We are talking about a descendant of the Great Temujin here, there is no doubt about the steel in her character.

  6. #6
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Wished he married ZZR?, the psycho power hungry woman who drugged him and his foster father then murdered his cousin. What has ZMJ ever done to you. Do you even have the faintest inkling of ZM's character? It makes absolutely no sense that she would leave ZWJ for luxuries. She abandoned her loving family, betrayed her people, risked her life just to be with him. We are talking about a descendant of the Great Temujin here, there is no doubt about the steel in her character.
    Chiu Mun never struck me as a materialistic gold-digger. She wasn't the second coming of Yeung Hong. She grew up with wealth and privilege, but she never seemed to be keen about using that wealth to pile on creature comforts. Primarily, she used her family's wealth to finance her wulin adventures, mainly by hiring wulin warriors who would do her bidding. With Cheung Mo Gei as her significant other, none of that was necessary anymore. As a martial artist, CMG was far more powerful than any of the warriors who served Chiu Mun when she was a princess, and she didn't need to spend a penny to get CMG to do her bidding.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Wished he married ZZR?, the psycho power hungry woman who drugged him and his foster father then murdered his cousin. What has ZMJ ever done to you.
    ZWJ is a nice guy and I do not want to see him getting hurt. ZZR is not perfect but at least she loves him and will able to live an average life. The fact is ZM is married to Zhu Shuang so she will not be with ZWJ for long. She will leave him for luxury.

    Do you even have the faintest inkling of ZM's character? It makes absolutely no sense that she would leave ZWJ for luxuries. She abandoned her loving family, betrayed her people, risked her life just to be with him. We are talking about a descendant of the Great Temujin here, there is no doubt about the steel in her character.
    If she is capable of abandon her loving family, betray her people then she is capable of betraying ZWJ for whatever reason. The fact that she is the descendant of Temujin does not mean much to me. Look at Huhai the son of QinShiHuang. He is beyond useless.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    ZWJ is a nice guy and I do not want to see him getting hurt. ZZR is not perfect but at least she loves him and will able to live an average life. The fact is ZM is married to Zhu Shuang so she will not be with ZWJ for long. She will leave him for luxury.
    "Not perfect", ZZR murdered his cousin and then a old couple for being in the wrong place at the wrong time showing a complete disregard for human life. Also she blatantly stated her desire for power and adulation of the masses in the novel, thus making it clear that she would never be contented with a average life. She would either push him into becoming Emperor, something he never wanted or betray him for her own end.

    ZM on the other hand showed no problem in adapting to hardship on their journey to Shaolin, did not utter a word of complaint despite being severely injured or acted in any way like the spoiled brat you claim her to be. She went out of her way to avoid hurting ZWJ or innocent people. If she was a vindictive person like ZZR, she could have ordered Lu Zhangke to spend some quality time with ZZR.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    If she is capable of abandon her loving family, betray her people then she is capable of betraying ZWJ for whatever reason. The fact that she is the descendant of Temujin does not mean much to me. Look at Huhai the son of QinShiHuang. He is beyond useless.
    And what was the reason for her abandoning a life of luxury? Was it personal gain or love?

Similar Threads

  1. Who would you choose to replace CJL? Will ZWJ do?
    By rabadi in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-18-20, 05:42 PM
  2. If you were ZWJ... how would you...
    By druid in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-11-16, 09:44 AM
  3. Things that you want to do before you die.
    By girllikeme in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-24-10, 05:43 AM
  4. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-06-09, 12:29 AM
  5. ZWJ: How would you have done things differently?
    By Dirt in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-23-04, 04:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •