Thread: Which martial art in wuxia can cure Covid-19?

Default Which martial art in wuxia can cure Covid-19?

My best bet is 9Yeung.

None. As described, wuxia martial arts don't have any answer for viral infections. At most, they might boost a person's resilience to keep him/her alive long enough for the immune system to do its job, but ultimately, it would be up to the immune system.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    My best bet is 9Yeung.
    Perhaps we should do what your homeboy suggested and explore using bleach. I can think of a very sad, orange guinea pig to try it on.

Huang Yaoshi would be the man for the job.

Peach Blossoms Isle would be perfect for social distancing to ensure the patients are kept away. Plus Covid is a disease that creates respiratory problems and Peach Blossoms Isle, being with many trees have much fresher air/oxygen, which should be great for Covid sufferers.

Sure, if the MA manual contained needles with a vaccine or antibody for every possible virus

My understanding is that Covid itself isn't particularly deadly, but the immune system can overreact to try to stop it, and the ensuing cytokine storm is what overwhelms the lung and kills the patient. The higher viral load you have, the worse the immune hyperreaction.

Wuxia citizens would have to reach a level where they can regulate their body's molecular pathways to control this, like what modern medicines do.

It'd be like this: the wuxia person can sense the structure of the virus, and they'd say: "oh, I can sense there's a spike protein that tricks my ACE2 into clipping it off and integrating the virus into the genome, let me channel some energy into this cell and cut up the protein."
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Sure, if the MA manual contained needles with a vaccine or antibody for every possible virus

My understanding is that Covid itself isn't particularly deadly, but the immune system can overreact to try to stop it, and the ensuing cytokine storm is what overwhelms the lung and kills the patient. The higher viral load you have, the worse the immune hyperreaction.

Wuxia citizens would have to reach a level where they can regulate their body's molecular pathways to control this, like what modern medicines do.

It'd be like this: the wuxia person can sense the structure of the virus, and they'd say: "oh, I can sense there's a spike protein that tricks my ACE2 into clipping it off and integrating the virus into the genome, let me channel some energy into this cell and cut up the protein."
    Yeah...it's the symptoms of Covid, not the virus itself, that kill patients. Though wuxia medicine likely has no answer for the virus itself, someone such as Cheung 3 Fung might have the internal power skills to keep the symptoms in check long enough for the immune system to stabilize, and herbs such as the Thousand Year Ginseng might be helpful as well. Only the immune system itself can clear the virus. Those wuxia treatments can only buy time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Yeah...it's the symptoms of Covid, not the virus itself, that kill patients. Though wuxia medicine likely has no answer for the virus itself, someone such as Cheung 3 Fung might have the internal power skills to keep the symptoms in check long enough for the immune system to stabilize, and herbs such as the Thousand Year Ginseng might be helpful as well. Only the immune system itself can clear the virus. Those wuxia treatments can only buy time.
    Any DG9J practitioner can defeat it with the tenth stance, Virus Breaking Stance.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!